9 minutes ago, Marajade said:

I use CBBE body, the basic version. I'm playing a Redguard, so no weird custom race stuff going on. The gags seem to be working correctly on my Imperial character, but the redguard has the bottom lip clip through some of the gag and it isn't positioned quite right.

are you changing any of the bodymorphs in racemenu when you're creating your character? Or maybe using a character preset that might affect these?

I think it's that my character's mouth isn't opening far enough. It's opening about 80% of what it should be for both ball and ring gags. It makes it look almost right, but it's definitely a little off. Is there a way to edit this behavior?

Edit: Gags work on my Imperial fine, but the Redguard's mouth doesn't open as much as it should. Using the exact same modlist for both characters.

Edited by Marajade
22 hours ago, Xeeuq said:

Is there a quick console command or other work-around I

Open console select Sasha and

showinventory

Found all rendered devices and check those into xedit.

Found mach item inventory device and

additem id,1

where id is match inventory device.

18 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

having issues with the SE download for DD 5.1 SE when i try and update the plugins its causing Creation Club to stop working 

I have installed DD 5.1 and Creation Clubs works. password and username much be related to your steam account.

probably you have buy some stuff from here what is incompatible with DD

Edited by Elsidia
On 10/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, Xeeuq said:

Quick question - I've got the visual bug where a device appears equipped on a follower but does not appear in their inventory. Is there a quick console command or other work-around I can use to fix it? As this follower is Sasha, she won't allow me to equip any regular restraints on her, and the problem one is in a slot that her custom set doesn't include, so the fix in the OP is a non-starter, unless I turn cursed loot follower support back on and go fishing hoping for another.

You can try using the mod devious devices equip. if it doesn't see them, then what you can do is try giving them the exact same device and then remove it from them normally.

Otherwise, you'll need to go back to a save before the issue started.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:17 PM, Ryutenma said:

having issues with the SE download for DD 5.1 SE when i try and update the plugins its causing Creation Club to stop working 

Installing DD does not cause the creation club to stop working. I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

Do you mean the creation club menu? That depends on your UI mods, DD doesn't touch it.

Do you mean the plugins aren't loading? DD is ESMs, has nothing to do with CC ESM and ESL loading. That's your mod manager.

Do you mean you can't wear some of the CC armors? (depending on the device, this is the only possible one I can see...)

Something else? You're going to have to explain better.

Like Elsidia, I've got a lot of CC mods working just fine with DD. The only things that could interact are armors, and that's no different from how it interacts with vanilla armors.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:53 PM, IIIIlIlIllllIIIlIllIII said:

Since today i have a game-breaking issue. some of the devices get stuck in a pseudo-equip loop, where they are equipped but DD thinks they are not, only giving the "put on" prompt. those devices cannot be removed in any way: cannot be unequipped, dropped, removed via MCM, player.removeitem and even an entire inventory clear doesnt remove them from the character. I have installed some mods today, but have tried uninstalling all of them but that didn't fix the issue. 
I have tried reverting to a previous point in the save before it happened, do a whole new character and even try old saves, the issue exists in all of them.

Load Order is attached, thanks for the potential help

loadorder.txt 7.45 kB · 2 downloads

Devious Lore has been reported to cause issues with some people, try removing it.

Make sure you don't have no enchantment restrictions, or do the workaround mentioned in the troubleshooting post.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:39 PM, no_way said:

Nope no nemesis

Then that's a really old version of 360 move and i'd recommend getting rid of that. All the current version require nemesis.

If you need something like that, fnis sexy move has a 360 walk and is compatible with DD.

11 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Installing DD does not cause the creation club to stop working. I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

Do you mean the creation club menu? That depends on your UI mods, DD doesn't touch it.

Do you mean the plugins aren't loading? DD is ESMs, has nothing to do with CC ESM and ESL loading. That's your mod manager.

Do you mean you can't wear some of the CC armors? (depending on the device, this is the only possible one I can see...)

Something else? You're going to have to explain better.

Like Elsidia, I've got a lot of CC mods working just fine with DD. The only things that could interact are armors, and that's no different from how it interacts with vanilla armors.

i meant creations Kit not club sorry for that 

9 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Devious Lore has been reported to cause issues with some people, try removing it.

Make sure you don't have no enchantment restrictions, or do the workaround mentioned in the troubleshooting post.

wait lore is messing with things?

17 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

edit: I'm using SunJeong's body preset, I'm assuming that the piercings should conform properly to any 3ba compatible body, but if I'm wrong and should test on one of the default presets or something let me know as I'm starting a new play through soon and would be keen to troubleshoot this beforehand.

Which preset? She's got a few and they're for different bodies. You need to install the preset that matches the body you installed: CBBE with 3BA or CBBE 3BBB or UNP with BHUNP, and you must install the right options for DD. The DD installer is the base options only (CBBE or UNP).

Since DD 5.1 does not come with 3BBB or BHUNP bodyslides, you will need to download the conversions for those as well. Make sure you grab the one that matches your body. If none of these options match (preset, body, and bodyslide options in DD) then you are guaranteed that things will be off.

The download links are on the troubleshooting post.

6 minutes ago, Ryutenma said:

i meant creations Kit not club sorry for that 

Do not try to resave the DD ESMs in the CK. Leave them form 43, they work just fine in SE. There is not reason to resave them and you can break the ESMs if you don't know what you are doing.

Edited by zarantha
15 hours ago, Marajade said:

Yes, I use MFG fix. 

There are no bodyslides for gags. I'm assuming since you say it's not lining up, you're using a sculpted head. The only thing you can do is edit the gags to fit your sculpt in outfit studio, or edit your head sculpt in racemenu to better fit your head. The gags are made to work with the default head shape, and custom sculpts can change the head enough so they don't fit.

Edit: Saw later posts saying you aren't sculpting. Its something with a mod that you've got editing that race then. All human races use the same head, so the only way it can not fit on one race and fit on another is if you've got a mod editing that race, possibly giving it a different head.

Edited by zarantha
20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

It has for some people. I was never able to reproduce it, but if you're having troubles with devices, it could be lore or one of it's DD patches.

also do you know off the top of your head what sexlab setting is its where ppl just run up and demand sex from you if you are bound in anyways 

17 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Which preset? She's got a few and they're for different bodies. You need to install the preset that matches the body you installed: CBBE with 3BA or CBBE 3BBB or UNP with BHUNP, and you must install the right options for DD. The DD installer is the base options only (CBBE or UNP).

Since DD 5.1 does not come with 3BBB or BHUNP bodyslides, you will need to download the conversions for those as well. Make sure you grab the one that matches your body. If none of these options match (preset, body, and bodyslide options in DD) then you are guaranteed that things will be off.

The download links are on the troubleshooting post.

sorry should have been more specific, it is preset #2 for CBBE/3BA bodies. I do already have the old DD4.3 AIO 3BA conversion files and for DCL 9.0. Although I didn't know a fix for the Helgen teleport thing existed, so thanks for linking that, very helpful.

I've just created a new game, and beforehand I reinstalled/updated some mods and rebuilt my bodyslides. Oddly, the piercings are now perfectly aligned so problem solved I guess (at least for the one's I've tested). But this is the first time in probably 5+ playthroughs that this has happened and I always follow the same guide I wrote for fomod, bodyslide and mcm options so not entirely sure what would have changed. Will be interesting to see if they drift out of alignment over the course of the playthrough.

15 hours ago, Marajade said:

I think it's that my character's mouth isn't opening far enough. It's opening about 80% of what it should be for both ball and ring gags. It makes it look almost right, but it's definitely a little off. Is there a way to edit this behavior?

Edit: Gags work on my Imperial fine, but the Redguard's mouth doesn't open as much as it should. Using the exact same modlist for both characters.

20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

There are no bodyslides for gags. I'm assuming since you say it's not lining up, you're using a sculpted head. The only thing you can do is edit the gags to fit your sculpt in outfit studio, or edit your head sculpt in racemenu to better fit your head. The gags are made to work with the default head shape, and custom sculpts can change the head enough so they don't fit.

Edit: Saw later posts saying you aren't sculpting. Its something with a mod that you've got editing that race then. All human races use the same head, so the only way it can not fit on one race and fit on another is if you've got a mod editing that race, possibly giving it a different head.

Funny that you should say it's 80%, I know there is an option in the SexLab MCM in the expression editor tab for "mouth opening" or something that is by default set to 80%. I'm not sure if DD uses this setting for gag facial animations (maybe zarantha or someone more knowledgeable about the mod than me could confirm or deny?) but you could try increasing this and seeing if it fixes your problem for that character?

But if that doesn't help, I guess to follow on from what zarantha said - assuming you still use racemenu for character creation it sounds like you are creating a character using only the default options. As in, you select a sex and race, then one of the defaults and configure the character from there only changing "types" i.e. the type of mouse, nose, hair, etc, and you're not playing with the sliders that adjust the size of these default shapes or loading a player-built character preset that you downloaded. If that ISN'T true then that would probably be what is causing the misalignment.

11 minutes ago, Ryutenma said:

also do you know off the top of your head what sexlab setting is its where ppl just run up and demand sex from you if you are bound in anyways 

That's not done by DD or sexlab, would depend what mods you are using. I'm pretty sure DCL has approach options in the MCM, and I think Deviously Helpless might do something similar but I can't remember if that mod only triggers during combat. I don't think any of the normal sexlab mods that affect npc forcegreets like ABMM, SL Approach or Eager NPCs integrates with DD but I could be wrong, they're all worth checking in the MCM too.

1 hour ago, asdj1239 said:

Although I didn't know a fix for the Helgen teleport thing existed, so thanks for linking that, very helpful.

Wow!  A hidden gem in..hidden contents.  That should be made more known.  I've been running back around the keep into the tunnel for years.

8 minutes ago, onen said:

Wow!  A hidden gem in..hidden contents.  That should be made more known.  I've been running back around the keep into the tunnel for years.

The post is excessively long without using the spoiler, so hiding stays. :D

It is a relatively new addition, someone on the wabbajack community created it, and gave me permission to link it.

25 minutes ago, zarantha said:

The post is excessively long without using the spoiler, so hiding stays. :D

It is a relatively new addition, someone on the wabbajack community created it, and gave me permission to link it.

Actually an amazing fix though, I'm sure almost everyone using DD/DCL especially is either is using the workaround of getting teleported then running around to the cave entrance or (if they're new to modding) banging their head against a wall trying to figure out why they can't do the Helgen quest lol

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

Actually if you don't mind, in this post you said the following:

Using DD 5.0 / 5.1 with DCL or Zaz?

1. If using DCL 8.5/8.4 and/or Zaz with DD 5.0: DCL-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches 20201204.7z
  2. If using DCL 9.0 and Zaz: DCL 9.0 or higher overwrites "DCL-Zaz HDT-SMP and other patches 20201204.7z"

Am I understanding correctly that if I'm using DCL 9.0 and Zaz with DD5.x, I should still use this mod but it should be above DCL in my mod list?

Thanks