56 minutes ago, The Insane One said:

Hello again fellow deviants.  I just installed DD5 and encountered the same error I have seen in many SE mods, form 43.  I only know what I read and there seems to be way too many opinions, rarely backed by fact or explanation of position (make that never backed by anything just the statement or opinion).  So I would like to pose a question.  What is the deal with Form 43 vs. Form 44? 

It is easy enough to change in CK and I have done so with many converted to SE mods, with no problems in testing but I would like to stop modding and play at some point.  I have read that you "must" change to Form 44, STEP forum and Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn mod dohickey (and others) and I have also read that "Bethesda's reasons for changing to Form 44 are the stupid things I have ever heard", paraphrased, from someone here on Loverslab, not sure who.  Since I do not really know the difference, I have to ask the question. if you please. 

Is it a problem?  Can it be a problem?  Will/can changing it in CK create a problem?  I have installed DD5 and I am about to start a new game, so it is better to be well informed than to fly by the seat of my pants, this is also the last major mod to install.  This has been a two month long foray into modding, testing, fixing, some coding/scripting (rinse and repeat), just so I can play a game with hot girls and guys, cool outfits, sex, and a little deviance, while kicking dragon ass or getting my ass kicked and paying the price, 650 mods later.  I truly appreciate any insight.  Thanks

P.S.  This is my own mod list that started with Realvision ENB a few years ago.  I find that the modding tutorials have some great suggestions for mods, that don't always show up when digging through Nexus or Loverslab.  Not all show up in searches, many I have only found by digging through forums.

I myself cant explain the why behind it, but what I do KNOW from experience is that having form 43 rarely causes immediate problems, if they cause problems down the line then that's harder to say. Can it cause problems yes, but again rarely. And if you update from form 43 to form 44, it can actually cause problems that hard break the mod (CTD), and soft break it (Missing items/npcs/objects). So if form 43 works just fine, and converting to form 44 is a hassle, then why change it at all? The short version I tell people when they ask is, its not a problem till you see the effects in game, and usually (in my experience) if the change to form 44 is needed during conversion for it the mod to work, they do it, but like i said if its not needed why bother.

18 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Here is the definitive Reddit thread for this topic: 

Thank you for this.  I have already read these posts, a few weeks ago, and it only brings up more questions.  Namely, why is this still an issue and why are more mods being created/ported, that have not been converted.  It seems there is an underlying problem that have two factions on opposite sides.  Similar to the American political climate.  Lol.  The inclusion of Mator and Arthmoor, force a lean to the Form 44 side, which is why I have converted more than 50 mods through Nif Optimizer, Cathedral, and CK and why I will convert DD5 as well. 

Unfortunately, while reading these posts, it illuminates a potential problem from the mods not being converted prior to posting.  Hence, my question. 

I ran a few form 43 mods without issue, but I only played for few hours, so I do not know what would happen if I played for 100 or more and this is a few hundred hour game (even moreso, with all the extra mods I have installed after finishing the vanilla game, in LE a couple years ago).  If you are anything like me, it is very frustrating to develop a 100+ hour game only to have it crash or the saves to become irreversibly corrupted.

Thanks again for the response.  Unfortunately, that post is similar to many others I have read, a lot of opinion, with very little substance.  Name dropping only goes so far.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, rennex said:

When I put a straight jacket on my followers and try to use vaginal animations sexlab gives me this error no usable animations available and switches to a lesbian animation instead, while this is not a bad thing I am a male character any ideas how to fix this? I did not give them any belts or plugs just the non leg binder version of the straight jack, a ring mouth gag, and a blindfold.

Not sure that it can be fixed, I think the only same sex animations DD has will be lesbian. Maybe disable the options for bound animations would get you more of a choice

16 hours ago, Meladiator said:

I'm having a problem with poses/animations.

The animations do not play when I equip a device. For example, an when an arm-binder is equipped, all that happens is the hands disappear, which I understand, but the arms still hang in my default idle, they aren't behind her back. This applies to all devices. The poses/animations don't play. The events play, such as when you have a plug and it starts vibrating, the animation for that will play for the horny character or whatever, but still no pose. The bound animations for SL work.

I have all of the mod's requirements, and do not have any of the mods listed on the compatibility and conflicts section. I run FNIS whenever I install or uninstall a mod, and I've had this problem for a while, I've simply ignored it for a few playthroughs, and used ZAZ if I really desired the animation. This problem is why I usually don't use cuffs or arm-binders in my game, simply because they don't work. If I open up the MCM for ZAZ animation pack however, I can force the animations there, but that would require me to do this every time I receive a device for any given reason. There is also statements in the console whenever I load the game:
GetSetAnimation([This animation]): get
(This function seems to repeat, but with different animations, I think it's the DD ones for SL, but IDK.)
I know they're supposed to display in the console at least once during installation, but are they supposed to happen upon every load?

Is any of this normal? Am I doing something wrong? My FNIS runs, and doesn't say the animation list is full or anything like that. Does using Vortex cause this? Cause I know it has problems with certain mods, particularly frameworks.

Are you using the new DD 5.0?

With 4.3, device equip was slow, and part of the equip was to go into the pose. With any kind of script lag in your game, that can prevent DD from triggering poses.

DD 5.0 is rewritten so that equip is a lot faster.

If you have poser or other idle animation mods, they can also interfere with DD's poses. For FNIS sexy walk there's a workaround of toggling the player 360 walk for animation issues with the player. For others, I don't know of one other than removing the pose/idle mod.

If you're using DD 5.0, get a papyrus log where you replicate the issue. It should not happen any more.

I would also recommend testing with just DD and it's dependencies, not your full load order, to rule out other possible conflicts.

8 hours ago, serranna said:

I'm still having a problem with the NetImmerse Override error I mentioned a couple days back when I try to equip boots. I haven't tested them all but I want to say it's only the boots from DCL, but the problem only started when I upgraded to DD5. I have updated the game completely and have downloaded the newest version available of all mods and the problem persists. I even installed the Racemenu High heels fixes, and the mod MCM tells me I have it installed and working.

ScreenShot1.png.f20a607132c7f0c6b14a5e2ef8ff4e96.png

yet the error still persists.

ScreenShot0.png.f88951b69fb8a82700cf116574ca1c60.png

Again oddly enough when I load an old save that has a character with one of the boots already equipped it works fine until I take it off and try to put it back on again.

Could it be the version is too new for DCL? Every time I try to convert the beta for testing myself it never works so I gave up on trying that. I don't really know much about what I am looking at but the Papyrus log doesn't really give me any indication of what could be wrong either. Maybe someone else could have a look at it? This is also a brand new character I created after updating my game and all mods.

Papyrus.0.log 61.57 kB · 0 downloads

All I did to create the log was load a game, use addmenuitem to give myself shock boots, try to equip it then quit the game.

I have tried many different combinations of installing and/or uninstalling other mods (including trying HDT High heels again) to make sure I have the right combo and nothing changes it. Also I do have the "DCL-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches 20201125" from the troubleshooting post installed.

Shock boots are not a DD item. DCL has it's own scripts that need edited for skee compatibility. Nioverride doesn't exist for SE.

DCL 8.5 will work just fine with DD 5.0, the issues between it and DD 5.0 are cosmetic (mostly with how chastity belts + corsets appear when worn together)

On the console, list out your inventory and check the first two characters for the shock boot item id. That will correspond to the mod it comes from. It should be DCL unless they're added from another mod, and in that case you'll need to go to that mod and ask there.

Your order at this time should be:

DD 5.0

DCL 8.5

DCL-Zaz HDT SMP.

Make sure no other mods are overwriting these files.

Make sure you've got the SE version of DCL 8.5 and not the LE version.

https://mega.nz/file/UDQGES6a#y2BP-bab5umqrrVTUGKCUTR6SIz6xvCVFjPYepXEYbo

6 hours ago, wulff420 said:

thanks for your response  and  yea im pretty  certain  i  do  have all the  proper  ones alot of the  requiered mods  only have one  file so  i  dont  know  whats  happening now and i  got a ton  of  errors all of  a  sudden  now  

image.png

Fine, here's the work done for you. As was stated several times before, you have the original Skyrim (LE) mods, not Special Edition (SE) mods.

Download from here:

Racemenu: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080

Devious Devices 5.0 SE: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5878-devious-devices-se/

SexLab 1.63Patch8 SE: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91861-sexlab-framework-se-163-beta-8-november-22nd-2019/

2 hours ago, The Insane One said:

Hello again fellow deviants.  I just installed DD5 and encountered the same error I have seen in many SE mods, form 43.  I only know what I read and there seems to be way too many opinions, rarely backed by fact or explanation of position (make that never backed by anything just the statement or opinion).  So I would like to pose a question.  What is the deal with Form 43 vs. Form 44? 

It is easy enough to change in CK and I have done so with many converted to SE mods, with no problems in testing but I would like to stop modding and play at some point.  I have read that you "must" change to Form 44, STEP forum and Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn mod dohickey (and others) and I have also read that "Bethesda's reasons for changing to Form 44 are the stupid things I have ever heard", paraphrased, from someone here on Loverslab, not sure who.  Since I do not really know the difference, I have to ask the question. if you please. 

Is it a problem?  Can it be a problem?  Will/can changing it in CK create a problem?  I have installed DD5 and I am about to start a new game, so it is better to be well informed than to fly by the seat of my pants, this is also the last major mod to install.  This has been a two month long foray into modding, testing, fixing, some coding/scripting (rinse and repeat), just so I can play a game with hot girls and guys, cool outfits, sex, and a little deviance, while kicking dragon ass or getting my ass kicked and paying the price, 650 mods later.  I truly appreciate any insight.  Thanks

P.S.  This is my own mod list that started with Realvision ENB a few years ago.  I find that the modding tutorials have some great suggestions for mods, that don't always show up when digging through Nexus or Loverslab.  Not all show up in searches, many I have only found by digging through forums.

There is no issue with this mod being form 43. And as I recall, pfiffy actively had to fix issues when he converted it to form 44.

Since it's not required for the mod to function (it's not using new 'se' features, and no water records) I will NOT be converting to form 44.

I no longer do this for any mod I self port from LE for myself and I have not seen a good reason in the years I've been converting mods to SE to do so. I do recall a few times when mods broke when converted to form 44, even though it's been long enough i don't recall which ones.

33 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Shock boots are not a DD item. DCL has it's own scripts that need edited for skee compatibility. Nioverride doesn't exist for SE.

DCL 8.5 will work just fine with DD 5.0, the issues between it and DD 5.0 are cosmetic (mostly with how chastity belts + corsets appear when worn together)

On the console, list out your inventory and check the first two characters for the shock boot item id. That will correspond to the mod it comes from. It should be DCL unless they're added from another mod, and in that case you'll need to go to that mod and ask there.

Your order at this time should be:

DD 5.0

DCL 8.5

DCL-Zaz HDT SMP.

Make sure no other mods are overwriting these files.

Make sure you've got the SE version of DCL 8.5 and not the LE version.

https://mega.nz/file/UDQGES6a#y2BP-bab5umqrrVTUGKCUTR6SIz6xvCVFjPYepXEYbo

I am aware that shock boots are from DCL. I stated that all the boots tested that cause a problem are from DCL, the problem only started when I installed DD5.0. I can also confirm I am using the SE version of DCL.

I guess at this point I'm just going to have to wait for the new version of DCL to come out and try it then. if the problem persists I'll post again in the DCL thread because I'm at a loss for what else could be causing the problem. It's not like the game is not playable for now.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Fine, here's the work done for you. As was stated several times before, you have the original Skyrim (LE) mods, not Special Edition (SE) mods.

Download from here:

Racemenu: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080

Devious Devices 5.0 SE: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5878-devious-devices-se/

SexLab 1.63Patch8 SE: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91861-sexlab-framework-se-163-beta-8-november-22nd-2019/

yes thank  you  so  much!  i found most of  what  was  wrong i finally  got in game  but now im stuck  in t pose with no animations  i  saw  an  error  saying  aroused is  not  supported in se in the fnis and  a couple other glitches how  do  i set the load  order i mean like  what  order do  i load mods in  does it matter? i have been working on this to get  the mod i want  to play  all day  again  lol also  sorry  to ask  its just  i been  searching since yesterday  morning to get it all  working 

16 minutes ago, wulff420 said:

yes thank  you  so  much!  i found most of  what  was  wrong i finally  got in game  but now im stuck  in t pose with no animations  i  saw  an  error  saying  aroused is  not  supported in se in the fnis and  a couple other glitches how  do  i set the load  order i mean like  what  order do  i load mods in  does it matter? i have been working on this to get  the mod i want  to play  all day  again  lol also  sorry  to ask  its just  i been  searching since yesterday  morning to get it all  working 

and  again  thank  you  very  very  much  and  now  i  got it  working

@zarantha i just check DCL 8.5 scripts files into DCL-Zaz HDT SMP and scripts what you give me personally as archive in pexinspector. It's looks different. Maybe in your DCL-Zaz HDT SMP source files are updated to SSE version but pex files are from LE because those fix not works?

UPD: I can confirm that after install DCL-Zaz HDT SMP netimmerse error shows up, but after installed your give scripts to me personally error gone.

4 hours ago, wulff420 said:

i finally  got in game  but now im stuck  in t pose with no animations  i  saw  an  error  saying  aroused is  not  supported in se in the fnis

Guess what? You installed the LE version of SL Aroused. Seriously, check the forum sections, use the threads I recommended you (these happen to have direct links to pretty much every available LL mod for Skyrim SE). You seem new to this, so prime advice: read, learn. Start reading what you're installing to verify it's compatible with SE and get the mods yourself. If I give you the direct link to the SE version of Aroused now, you'll be back with the same error for the next mod you attempt to use.

For the loadorder you can use LOOT. That will sort your loadorder and should give you a functional order, you may need to do manual tweaks (based on written instructions for some mods). I'm sure there is a video or written tutorial about how to use it. And once you remove the LE install of Aroused and get the proper one, run FNIS again: if you see any other warning or error lines you have to fix that too, otherwise you'll get T-posing again.

Hello Kimy,

I have a request for a small modification in 5.0 that adds support for new types of devices (rings, earrings and navel piercings)

and support to easy access to an Equipped device reference.

I already made all the work for you (and tested it a lot)

Details and files for SE inside the zip

Thanks in advance.

DD 5.0ChangeRequest.zip

On 11/30/2020 at 7:00 AM, Kitsudragon said:

Mega has a bandwidth limit, apparently, and this file seems to have found it. You might need to repackage it as two smaller files, or find a site which doesn't cap out.

I had been attempting my download with a Chrome variant in an incognito browser session, but pasted the URL into a normal session in Edge and was successful. Hope this helps you with your download.

52 minutes ago, thor said:

Hello Kimy,

I have a request for a small modification in 5.0 that adds support for new types of devices (rings, earrings and navel piercings)

and support to easy access to an Equipped device reference.

I already made all the work for you (and tested it a lot)

Details and files for SE inside the zip

Thanks in advance.

DD 5.0ChangeRequest.zip 185.23 kB · 0 downloads

Kimy doesnt often check this thread from what ive seen. If it works on LE as well consider putting it in the DD5 LE thread. Otherwise you could try @ ing kimy.

I am trying to try out the new 5.0, but am having difficulties. I've removed maybe 50 mods at this point, to really exclude all sources of problems I could think of. I had a very stable build prior to all of this.

I have the masters, I have downloaded the new version and installed it with my mod organizer, I run fnis and batch build in bodyslide. Then I start a clean new game and try testing out equipping random items using the AddItemMenu mod to spawn the restraints (I even removed Cursed loot, the main source of events in my games, because I wasn't sure if the issue was caused by that mod, and so now I basically have no mods actually adding devices anymore - but the devices still don't seem to work, at least not as expected).

So I'll equip a new collar type, it works, great. I equip a rebreather, it works. A gag? No problem, and piercings also seem to work. A new elbow shackle - fine. Now lets try some of those new straitjackets...

And nope! Every single one I've tested out are invisible on my character when I equip them - and my character becomes basically invisible when equipping them (only the body areas not covered by the device is shown, including body areas affected by other devices - so the gagged face is shown, but not the body underneath. Same with SJs that are not new to this edition. They're still invisible. I know I built them in bodyslide. Why are they not showing up - anybody have any ideas or explanations that spring readily to mind? The same problem also occurred when I was testing out the devices with cursed loot events called from the menu earlier on - many devices would equip as expected, but not all of them, and in particular straitjackets are a problem.

1 hour ago, BYJE137 said:

I am trying to try out the new 5.0, but am having difficulties. I've removed maybe 50 mods at this point, to really exclude all sources of problems I could think of. I had a very stable build prior to all of this.

I have the masters, I have downloaded the new version and installed it with my mod organizer, I run fnis and batch build in bodyslide. Then I start a clean new game and try testing out equipping random items using the AddItemMenu mod to spawn the restraints (I even removed Cursed loot, the main source of events in my games, because I wasn't sure if the issue was caused by that mod, and so now I basically have no mods actually adding devices anymore - but the devices still don't seem to work, at least not as expected).

So I'll equip a new collar type, it works, great. I equip a rebreather, it works. A gag? No problem, and piercings also seem to work. A new elbow shackle - fine. Now lets try some of those new straitjackets...

And nope! Every single one I've tested out are invisible on my character when I equip them - and my character becomes basically invisible when equipping them (only the body areas not covered by the device is shown, including body areas affected by other devices - so the gagged face is shown, but not the body underneath. Same with SJs that are not new to this edition. They're still invisible. I know I built them in bodyslide. Why are they not showing up - anybody have any ideas or explanations that spring readily to mind? The same problem also occurred when I was testing out the devices with cursed loot events called from the menu earlier on - many devices would equip as expected, but not all of them, and in particular straitjackets are a problem.

I tried it myself and the straight jackets seemed to work fine for me. Try a minimal load order with only DD5, Live another Life, and all the requirments, and test it. If that doesnt work consider joining the Loverslab discord and itll be easier to help.

"Try a minimal load order with only DD5, Live another Life, and all the requirments, and test it."

I'm already very close to that setup at this point. I'm almost positive it's an issue with the way I handle things in Bodyslide - that part of the process was always unclear to me, and still is, but I usually managed in the past to get devices and other stuff to show up anyway.

I may come by the discord later, thanks for the suggestion - I didn't know about that resource!

(Update: I solved the issue. It was related to Bodyslide configs.)

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

Are you using the new DD 5.0?

With 4.3, device equip was slow, and part of the equip was to go into the pose. With any kind of script lag in your game, that can prevent DD from triggering poses.

DD 5.0 is rewritten so that equip is a lot faster.

If you have poser or other idle animation mods, they can also interfere with DD's poses. For FNIS sexy walk there's a workaround of toggling the player 360 walk for animation issues with the player. For others, I don't know of one other than removing the pose/idle mod.

If you're using DD 5.0, get a papyrus log where you replicate the issue. It should not happen any more.

I would also recommend testing with just DD and it's dependencies, not your full load order, to rule out other possible conflicts.

Okay, with some other research for hours after I posted this, I found the issue. In the sexlab section of the ZAZ mcm, i turned of the overwrite animations or whatever (I don't have my skyrim open rn so I don't remember the exact option), the on that's by itself on the left. It literally says to turn it off when DDi is installed, or something along the lines of let DDi handle it. Once I turned it off, it took a moment cause I have stupid amounts of script lag, but eventually, the animations for everything, yokes, arm-binders, pet-suits, and everything that uses a specific walking, fighting, or restriction plays (The game would glitch previously when wielding weapons while restrained, playing the default animations still. Guess I simply forgot to. I'm using the new DD 5.0.

I appreciate the help tho. This mod is amazing.

5 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

"Try a minimal load order with only DD5, Live another Life, and all the requirments, and test it."

I'm already very close to that setup at this point. I'm almost positive it's an issue with the way I handle things in Bodyslide - that part of the process was always unclear to me, and still is, but I usually managed in the past to get devices and other stuff to show up anyway.

I may come by the discord later, thanks for the suggestion - I didn't know about that resource!

(Update: I solved the issue. It was related to Bodyslide configs.)

Could you perhaps detail your fix? Im having the same issue with invisble straight jackets :D

11 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Guess what? You installed the LE version of SL Aroused. Seriously, check the forum sections, use the threads I recommended you (these happen to have direct links to pretty much every available LL mod for Skyrim SE). You seem new to this, so prime advice: read, learn. Start reading what you're installing to verify it's compatible with SE and get the mods yourself. If I give you the direct link to the SE version of Aroused now, you'll be back with the same error for the next mod you attempt to use.

For the loadorder you can use LOOT. That will sort your loadorder and should give you a functional order, you may need to do manual tweaks (based on written instructions for some mods). I'm sure there is a video or written tutorial about how to use it. And once you remove the LE install of Aroused and get the proper one, run FNIS again: if you see any other warning or error lines you have to fix that too, otherwise you'll get T-posing again.

yup thanks i  figured it  out  finally  got to play  with the  mod i wanted to play  thanks for all the  help