11 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

@erplederpĀ & @mrrakkonn

Thanks for the advice!

No problem!

Yep, bad or corrupted drivers can cause serious stability issues too. Hope the fix works!

For me, it was the various "performance tuning" software bundled together with the motherboard drivers or even a SW app for controlling monitor settings that caused a bluescreen here and there (rather than drivers themselves).

1 minute ago, Julie J said:

Hope everything's okay with your computer R-Lo :)

Thanks Julie!

I've used it for 3 years without an issue so I'm probably lucky already and due for a tune up,

This won't keep me down as I've backed up my mods and projects in preparation for a reinstallĀ ?

8 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

Thanks Julie!

I've used it for 3 years without an issue so I'm probably lucky already and due for a tune up,

This won't keep me down as I've backed up my mods and projects in preparation for a reinstallĀ ?

If you've had it for 3 years, then my money's on erplederp's explanation of overheating due to dust buildup.Ā 

Ā 

I actually remember that lavasoft program you mentioned, I think IĀ used it back in the day for malware cleanup.Ā Like many other such programs they loveĀ installing a bunch of annoying browser extensions and auto-patcher software. Never caused any major problems for me as far as I can remember apart from being annoying and eventually causing me to just give up on such software all together.Ā 

1 minute ago, mrrakkonn said:

If you've had it for 3 years, then my money's on erplederp's explanation of overheating due to dust buildup.Ā 

Ā 

I actually remember that lavasoft program you mentioned, I think IĀ used it back in the day for malware cleanup.Ā Like many other such programs they love to installing a bunch of annoying browser extensions and auto-patcher software. Never caused any major problems for me as far as I can remember apart from being annoying and eventually causing me to just give up on such software all together.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for that,

It's helpful to know it's something that is known and acts as described,

It had installed itself on my system somehow and I wondered if it was spam from adfly or something like that,

Ā 

I took the first panel off yesterday to clean the fan area so I may try going deeper if I feel brave but ultimately it looks like I'm going to a repair person tomorrowĀ ? I'm really not savvy enough to reinstall without wiping everything!

36 minutes ago, Mariana Soprano said:

Wetwetwet..... ??

Ā 

Once more my likes are offline..... ?

Ā 

"Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today. "

Ā 

All the best, R-Loooo for your compy!!!!

Ā 

Thanks Mariana!!Ā ? I need this like a hole in the head but at least once it's fixed it'll be a smoother running!

23 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Thanks Julie!

Have you tried one of those Malware Removing Software

Sophos Virus Removal Tool

Malware Bytes Cleaner

Ā 

those are good.

Ā 

Other than that, there is a recovery option on most laptops but it would wipe everything.

Thanks to all for the advice and guidance, I'm gonna try some of these malware busters tonight!

Ā 

I'm currently backing up my everything to a portable drive that I bought today,

It's not big enough to hold my entire HDD but my TS4 and favourite music and anime are safe along with my important family pics!

I found a Pre-loved 128gb for Ā£10 courtesy of CEX which was a nice result, it's not ideal but I'm not in a position to be choosey lol! The other stuff can be recovered in time if needed but my irreplaceable Sims and blender files are safe!

Ā 

Ā 

The Tokisaki Twins also felt like cleaning too while I been testing my efforts so far

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-21-00.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-22-14.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-22-57.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-29-40.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-14-43.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-15-58.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-16-51.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-17-49.png

TS4_x64 2018-10-24 00-20-02.png

Charlie starts looking for the AphrodiBot. After finally reading the manual, she found out about a protocol, automatically sending her to a strip club when she had nothing else to do.

Ā 

16_10.18_03-31-21.png.9dcac2e47a69e84820ecd4768cdeb2a2.png

Ā 

Strip Club Owner: "Well hello there, someone pinch me please! Now the bitches are coming to me directly into the office?!"

Charlie: "That's right, I'm fucking direct when it comes to...- Uhh, that's not why I'm here. I am looking for.... a sex robot. She could have been here some time ago, a few hours maybe."

Strip Club Owner: "Are you sure about that? Because I could really go for a good blowjob, honey!"

Ā 

16_10.18_03-32-04.png.efcc86ef4f98a5e710073c7bd516da34.png

Ā 

Charlotte, being Charlotte, just couldn't resist. If that's the type of slutting around Petra can tolerate?

Ā 

(The Rest is in the spoiler)

Ā 

Spoiler

Ā 

16_10.18_03-33-14.png.2bb853050e1058f05e9bf0d9cc44b90c.png

16_10.18_03-33-00.png.f1b46e9ae8a2527c148a9bda543071e5.png

16_10.18_03-33-43.png.df975040c40f3a61d1118bbececf0d23.png16.10.18_03-32-45.png

16_10.18_03-35-01.png.bbd0bac749624b5eed557645f2dc8a08.png

Ā 

Strip Club Owner: "Ahhh that was good.... Now we can talk about your business with that robot..."

Charlie: "Oh shit, I completely forgot! Have you seen her? Has she been here?"

Strip Club Owner: "Yeah she was here... Danced for a while, didn't even want to get paid... I just went with it and had some fun with my girls by myself. After a while, a customer went backstairs with her and both left."

Charlie: "Who was that Customer?! Where did they go?!"

Strip Club Owner: "Whoah, whoah, whoah, that's some very sensitive information you demand there, bitch. Think I'd just tell you who's coming here to jack off all night?"

Charlie: "Is... is there something I can to do get that information?"

Strip Club Owner: "Well, money rules the world... If you can work for me the rest of the day, I will maybe remember the name and address of said customer..."

Ā 

16_10.18_03-36-19.png.8e529b97332f082e57acedaa53de75ca.png

16_10.18_03-38-01.png.d25ca6fdddedfbe7a158420324f23f0e.png

16_10.18_03-38-22.png.80cfd9d32605eaebefbee57b880cb27f.png

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So......

Ā 

After my backing up everything,

My first try was Malwarebytes....

Ā 

Since this has been happening I've scanned my HDD more times than I can count and it's came back clean everytime...

Ā 

Malwarebytes has just found 223 viruses!?!?!?!

Some were Trojan bitcoin kernel related to registry of something,

Ā 

Could I be out of the woods??

(Crosses fingers & toes)

Ā 

Ā 

Update... Appears that a lot of those were bitcoin mining Trojans,

Hopefully this could be resolved!! ( And hopefully Ive not jinxed it again lol!)

15 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

So......

Ā 

After my backing up everything,

My first try was Malwarebytes....

Ā 

Since this has been happening I've scanned my HDD more times than I can count and it's came back clean everytime...

Ā 

Malwarebytes has just found 223 viruses!?!?!?!

Some were Trojan bitcoin kernel related to registry of something,

Ā 

Could I be out of the woods??

(Crosses fingers & toes)

Ā 

Ā 

Update... Appears that a lot of those were bitcoin mining Trojans,

Hopefully this could be resolved!! ( And hopefully Ive not jinxed it again lol!)

So just a general piece of advice when it comes to computer stuff:

If, when going through your computer's files, you find something(s) that you either don't recognize or remember downloading, get rid of it. If it isn't vital software and you don't ever use it, get rid of it or check to see if it's been updated. I've had to deal with weird malware before, and deleting shit you don't remember downloading or shit that you don't even recognize should always be step one.

Ā 

This may not be too helpful at this stage, but it's good to keep in mind if something like this ever happens again. I hope you can fix your computer issues.

38 minutes ago, porkybork said:

So just a general piece of advice when it comes to computer stuff:

If, when going through your computer's files, you find something(s) that you either don't recognize or remember downloading, get rid of it. If it isn't vital software and you don't ever use it, get rid of it or check to see if it's been updated. I've had to deal with weird malware before, and deleting shit you don't remember downloading or shit that you don't even recognize should always be step one.

Ā 

This may not be too helpful at this stage, but it's good to keep in mind if something like this ever happens again. I hope you can fix your computer issues.

Ā 

Thanks Porky!

I think that's where I struggle with PC and my reasons for sticking to console gaming before I started simming,

There's a lot within the system which I don't understand so I generally leave most things alone if not recognised!

I don't really browse much either on my computer and do it mostly via fone or tablet,

I'll be a lot more vigilant in future though and I'm already feeling better that I know my backup is created,

Ā 

I'm noticing that navigating folders etc is a little bit more responsive since removing the 223 threats so I'm gonna try some gaming and see if it holds up,

I'm still feeling like it's not quite real yet lol!