View File

DWARVEN AUGMENTATION 1.0 (2018.08.05)

This is an addon to Dwarven Cyborg Collection that adds functionality to the pieces and uses an MCM to lock characters into them.  You can target NPCs in your crosshairs and start tracking them in the MCM.  Up to 20 characters can be tracked by the mod.  When you edit a character, you have 3 options:

• Body Modification: This will equip a cyborg body that cannot be removed.
  • Head Modification: This will equip an item that is either a head replacement or something permanently grafted to the head.  It cannot be removed.
  • Accessories: This is used for additional items like clothes and helmets.  They are added to the character's inventory and equipped if possible.  Items added by this are not tracked by the mod and may be removed/dropped/sold freely.

Biological Automaton Framework (BAF) Support

Dwarven Augmentation supports -BAF- bodies that have been custom-built from Bodyslide.  All you need to do is set some configuration options in the MCM for each body you want to use.  The Configuration setting will determine how the body will behave in gameplay.  The Hands and Feet settings can affect the armor rating; normal equipment can be equipped to them if the bare option is chosen.  You can also add accessory pieces to each body.

BAFConfiguration.jpg.9fb749b9558b5a954c3

Requirements

Dwarven Cyborg Collection - You will only need the assets from this, you don't need to activate the ESP(s).

SKSE + SkyUI

Compatibility Note: If you're using Schlongs of Skyrim, don't forget to set the body pieces to be revealing in the SoS MCM.  Accessory pieces that use the Panties slot will conflict with the cyborg bodies if you don't.

More Info

This mod also adds appropriate effects to the items from Dwarven Cyborg Collection.  These effects can be toggled in the MCM (with one exception):

• Any body with cybernetic limbs will begin to arc with electricity as its user's health gets low.  This is a cosmetic effect only.
  • Parts with no hands prevent the user from equipping weapons, shields, rings, and torches (no toggle for this one).  They also cannot interact with crafting stations.  This includes armless items and the bladed arms from the Bikini set.
  • The bladed arms from the Bikini set give a 25pt bonus to unarmed damage.  This is doubled with the Fists of Steel perk!
  • The other mechanical arms give a 10pt damage bonus to melee and unarmed attacks.
  • NPCs who lack arms will flee from combat.
  • Mechanical legs give a variable speed bonus based on the user's health.  At low health this becomes a speed penalty.
  • Legless bodies move much slower, especially when weapons/magic/fists are drawn.
  • Limbless "nugget" bodies cannot move.  I tried slowing them way down but they ended up randomly getting stuck and unable to move anyway.
  • Items which replace the player's head will create a screen effect and give Waterbreathing.  These effects can be toggled individually.

The included cyborg parts are listed below.  As of 1.0, most armored pieces are no longer included; support for armored bodies is still possible with -BAF-.

Spoiler

Torso
Bikini Armor Set

• Bladed Limbs
  • Bladed Arms
  • Arms
  • Full Body (+Armored version)
  • Limbless Body
  • Bladed Legs
  • Arms & Legs
  • Legs & No Arms
  • No Arms
  • No Legs
  • No Limbs
  • Bladed Left Arm, No Right Arm (+Legs version)
  • Bladed Right Arm, No Left Arm (+Legs version)

Eldhildil

• Arms
  • Arms & Legs (AKA 1st Cohort)
  • Arms & Bottom (AKA 3rd Cohort)
  • Arms & Thigh Legs (AKA 5th Cohort)
  • Left Arm (+1st and 3rd Cohort versions)
  • Right Arm (+1st and 3rd Cohort versions)
  • No Limbs

Gynoid

• Arms (+4 versions with different leg part configurations)
  • Full Body (+Armored version)
  • Left Arm (+4 versions with different leg part configurations)
  • Legs
  • No Arms (+Legs version)
  • Right Arm (+4 versions with different leg part configurations)

-BAF- Prebuilds

• Beast (4 versions)
  • Cavalier (2 versions)
  • Flame Trooper
  • Frost Trooper
  • Gem Reactor
  • Packhorse (4 versions)
  • Pony (3 versions)
  • Satyroi (4 versions)
  • Scout (2 versions)
  • Shock Trooper

Miscellaneous

• Bionic limb options (Don't use the BODY armor slot, so they can be worn with regular armor)

Head

• Buck Skull (Plate and gory bases)
  • Carved Skull (Plate and gory bases)
  • Decapitated Neck
  • Gyro Heavy
  • Neck Cap Flat
  • Neck Cap Raised
  • Preserved Brain (Plate and gory bases)
  • Preserved Head
  • Full Skull (Plate and gory bases, skull will look like character race)
  • Metal hair options from the Gynoid set (7 options, each with an ornate version)
  • Eldhildil body wounds (so they can be used with cyborg bodies)

Accessories

Chests (Not compatible with armored cyborg bodies)

• Metal Pasties
  • Bandages
  • Archmage Top
  • Hakama (Black, blue, & red)
  • Maxwell Top (Regular, blue, & red)
  • Ripped Top
  • Modesty Plates

Bottoms

• Modesty Plates
  • Panties
  • Eldhildil Dwarven Panties
  • Thong (Black, blue, red, & ragged)
  • Archmage Loincloth

Both (Use both the Chest and Panties slot)

• Demi Suit (Black and red)
  • Studded (Black, black w/dragon & red w/dragon)

Other (Use neither the Chest nor Panties slot)

• Armor Plate (a kitbash of loose parts, has the same stats as the vanilla Dwarven Cuirass)
  • Dwarven Belt
  • Dwarven Skirt (regular & short)

Clothes (also use the Chest slot)

• Ancient Nord Tunic
  • Beggar Robes
  • Apprentice Robes (2 versions)
  • Journeyman Robes
  • Merchant's Clothes (2 colors)
  • Monk's Robes
  • Nocturnal Robes (normal & skimpy)
  • Prisoner Minidress (normal & bloody)
  • Tavern Clothes

Helmets

• Dwarven Aster Helmet
  • Gilded Helmet with Faceguard (with and without crest)
  • Monk Hood
  • Ripper Circlet

Footwear

• Dwarven Light Boots (normal & tall, same stats as vanilla Elven Boots)

Tails

• Dwemmy
  • Pony

Also, the mod includes my Simple Dwemer Eyes options.

Info For Modders

Spoiler

Dwarven Augmentation's functionality can be invoked by mod events to lock characters into items.  These are all called the same way, with a Form that is the actor to affect, and a string which is the name of the item to equip.  This name can be "None" to unequip whatever item is already on the actor, or "Random" to select on randomly from the available items of the same type.  The mod events are named as follows:

• DwAug_SetBodyModification
  • DwAug_SetHeadModification
  • DwAug_AddAccessory

And here's a sample script that uses them:

Spoiler

Scriptname LimbsAreForLosers extends activemagiceffect

event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	if (Game.GetModByName("Dwarven Augmentation.esp") != 255)
		int handle

; Set body.
		handle = ModEvent.Create("DwAug_SetBodyModification")
		if (handle)
			ModEvent.PushForm(handle, akTarget)
			ModEvent.PushString(handle, "Dw Bikini - No Limbs")
			ModEvent.Send(handle)
		endIf

; Set head.
		handle = ModEvent.Create("DwAug_SetHeadModification")
		if (handle)
			ModEvent.PushString(handle, "Dw Neck Cap - Flat")
			ModEvent.Send(handle)
		endIf
	else
		Debug.MessageBox("ERROR - Dwarven Augmentation.esp is not active in your load order!")
	endIf
endEvent

event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
		int handle

; Clear body.
		handle = ModEvent.Create("DwAug_SetBodyModification")
		if (handle)
			ModEvent.PushString(handle, "None")
			ModEvent.Send(handle)
		endIf

; Clear head.
		handle = ModEvent.Create("DwAug_SetHeadModification")
		if (handle)
			ModEvent.PushString(handle, "None")
			ModEvent.Send(handle)
		endIf
endEvent

Other items of note that you may want access to are stored in Global Variables (given via form number so you can GetFormFromFile):

• Current Actors - 16cf5 - How many actors are being tracked by Dwarven Augmentation.  Do not change this!
  • Maximum Actors - 16cf4 - The maximum number of actors Dwarven Augmentation can track.  This is currently 20, but using this Global instead of hardcoding will ensure compatibility if this number is ever increased.  Do not change this!

MCM Settings

These Global Variables are set by the Dwarven Augmentation MCM.  Changing them will change the associated setting - use 1 for enabled and 0 for disabled.

• Show Damage Effects - bf75
  • Bonus Damage From Arms - bf76
  • Armless NPCs Flee - 10b7d
  • Speed Bonus/Penalty From Legs - bf77
  • Waterbreathing When Headless - dff4
  • Screen Effect From Head - e55b

Future Plans?

• Support for one-armed bodies.
  • JSON settings for -BAF- parts so they only need to be configured once across all saves?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/09/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dwarven Cyborg Collection, SKSE, SkyUI
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Hello friends, thank you for taking the time to peruse the thread.

I'd like to start by discussing the decision to only include symmetrical body pieces:

1. The first reason is mechanical - it does not appear to be possible to detect which arm is being used for an unarmed attack (and possibly melee attacks as well?  Haven't looked into it enough).  Any body modification mixing mechanical and organic hands will be hitting just as hard with either one.
  2. The second reason is cosmetic - when one limb is cybernetic, the attached hands or feet are basically locked into one appearance.  If the organic hand/foot is bare, it will always be bare, nothing can be equipped to it.  The same goes if a glove or boot is used.

Now, there is a bit of feedback I would like right off the bat:  For the accessory pieces like the Armor Plate and Dwarven Skirt, these are made up of multiple smaller armor pieces that I kitbashed together.  Would you prefer to have access to the individual pieces instead?  Or would you rather just get a single piece you can slap on?

Please let me know if there's any other pieces from the Dwarven Cyborg Collection you'd like to see included!  I'll be doing the armored torso versions of the ones I've already included, plus some accessory clothing to go with them.

This looks really amazing!! I read what you said about symmetrical pieces as i use amputator/deadly traps and curses which you can get yourself amputated in combat is there really no way to just have say just your left or right arm replaced with cybernetics?

Probably another stupid question but can you buy these from a vendor or are they craft able outside of the MCM menu.

Again this is great so glad you made this!!

Awesome. 

Thank you so much for doing this. It's is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping someone would be inspired to make for the DCC stuff. 'Cause I would have no idea where to even start with it. :smiley:

The 'which arm is in use' thing is definitely a bit of a poser. The only thing I'm aware of that even remotely controls that is the NPC's combat style setting. Only the rare follower with a dual-wielding style will consistently use the invisible weapons properly with the dual-bladed bodies, for example, and the right-bladed combo bodies are the only really useful ones for NPCs using one-handed or spellsword-type styles, which seems to cover the majority of them. 

That said, those right-bladed combos do look pretty good in-use. If there was some way to force them to equip the invisible weapon and disallow any other swords/etc. or bows, they might be workable here. 

3 hours ago, atreyatan said:

This looks really amazing!! I read what you said about symmetrical pieces as i use amputator/deadly traps and curses which you can get yourself amputated in combat is there really no way to just have say just your left or right arm replaced with cybernetics?

Probably another stupid question but can you buy these from a vendor or are they craft able outside of the MCM menu.

Again this is great so glad you made this!!

The assets for having a single limb replaced are out there (AVS has added an obscene number of combinations in the last couple DCC updates), but as I mentioned upthread, there are a couple of technical issues that leave me disinclined to include them at this time.  Honestly, it's the cosmetic limitation that bothers me the most here.  I want to be able to wear whatever I want on my normal hands and feet!

As for crafting items: You cannot craft or purchase them, but some can be upgraded at a workbench.  All the items in the mod begin with "Dw " if you care to look for them in the console.  You won't be able to lock anything you add manually onto characters, the MCM is needed for that.

So glad to see something coming out using dwarven collection.

Does it work with Devious Devices, by default? Can't wait to see more uses.

Edit:

Suggestion:

Maybe add DDI bound combat animations for options where you have forms with no arms.

I just don't know if this can be one as a soft dependency by using the keywords from DDi 4.0

1 hour ago, Loki15kun said:

So glad to see something coming out using dwarven collection.

Does it work with Devious Devices, by default? Can't wait to see more uses.

Edit:

Suggestion:

Maybe add DDI bound combat animations for options where you have forms with no arms.

I just don't know if this can be one as a soft dependency by using the keywords from DDi 4.0

I don't use Devious Devices any more, but from what I remember, the head replacers from DCC use the same equip slot as collars.  I expect there will be other slot conflicts in the clothing accessories as well.

As far as I can tell, keyword injection is impossible in Skyrim, so hooking into DDI that way is a non-starter.  I'll try some digging into how they do bound combat to see if there's any way I can cheat it over without having to require DDI, but it seems doubtful.

Edit:

Looks like bound combat is ultimately controlled by keywords, so you're out of luck.

42 minutes ago, Darkcraft8 said:

any way you think aboute male character my character is male ?

The Dwarven Cyborg Collection only has female assets.  I am not aware of any male cyborg sets out there, either.  If you know of any, you should post them here or in the Dwarven Cyborg Collection support thread.

3 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Edit:

Looks like bound combat is ultimately controlled by keywords, so you're out of luck.

The Dwarven Cyborg Collection only has female assets.  I am not aware of any male cyborg sets out there, either.  If you know of any, you should post them here or in the Dwarven Cyborg Collection support thread.

Such a shame that only esm can have keywords added to itens.

Campfire had a guide to inject keywords on items, but it is a huge nightmare as far as I can understand from reading the guide, and it requires editing the esp where the armors are. \

I also don't know if DDI supports it.

Thanks for considering it anyway. :smile:

Idea: One of the first mods I remember downloading for Skyrim was the Dwemer Buster:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8649

Would it be possible to integrate similar arm cannons into this framework? Or that taser dagger we discussed before as some sort of claw?

Edit: Had an idea for DD integration, at least with regard to cuffs and/or armbinders: either hooking the limbs against each other (may require hooked limb variants) or welding the arms together behind one's back.

Also, decorative (ie unarmed) bondage/pony play hooves (vis: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2819-the-duders-grab-bag-of-fetish-items/ ). Speaking of pony play, why not add mechanical horse heads to the head replacers? LOL Hell, why not add the heads of all the constructs in this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30396

And now I'm thinking about Devious Dwarven Cuirass, City Bondage, DCL, Amputation Framework, and trying to integrate them all...

I've been thinking of creating a mod like this for years, and when I saw this I immediately downloaded it and started playing first time in a long time.

Great work, absolutely love it, thanks!

Spoiler

ScreenShot1593_1.thumb.jpg.b46f18056a12fbde01decc4f29b185cc.jpg

I like how you implemented weapons restriction with the armless options. And the armless magic casting goes really well with the nipple-style animations from FNIS.

There's an issue with double body meshes on some of the options that you can notice if you have full-body overlays or are using UUNP sliders in-game: one body mesh gets the texture and is scaling and the other is static. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Spoiler

dwarven_augmentation_double_body.thumb.jpg.0a351f9231ec6dc76fb877b8e41bb17d.jpg

23 hours ago, HermausMoron said:

Idea: One of the first mods I remember downloading for Skyrim was the Dwemer Buster:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8649

Would it be possible to integrate similar arm cannons into this framework? Or that taser dagger we discussed before as some sort of claw?

Sure, it's possible, but for now I'd just like to focus on the assets from Dwarven Cyborg Collection.

Edit: Had an idea for DD integration, at least with regard to cuffs and/or armbinders: either hooking the limbs against each other (may require hooked limb variants) or welding the arms together behind one's back.

Also, decorative (ie unarmed) bondage/pony play hooves (vis: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2819-the-duders-grab-bag-of-fetish-items/ ). Speaking of pony play, why not add mechanical horse heads to the head replacers? LOL Hell, why not add the heads of all the constructs in this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30396

These kinds of suggestions are better suited for the DCC support thread, I'm just taking assets from the collection and adding gameplay effects to them.  I don't have the model editing chops to convert or create items.

1 hour ago, yurik said:

I like how you implemented weapons restriction with the armless options. And the armless magic casting goes really well with the nipple-style animations from FNIS.

Yep, that's exactly why I allowed spells. :smile:

1 hour ago, yurik said:

There's an issue with double body meshes on some of the options that you can notice if you have full-body overlays or are using UUNP sliders in-game: one body mesh gets the texture and is scaling and the other is static. I'm not sure what's causing it.

This sounds like it's more likely a problem with the .nif files, I get some funky behavior when I have the body weight set to 0 myself (like there is a second body model causing texture problems).  Perhaps you'd be better off posting to the DCC support thread about this?

Would it be posible for the arms / legs be paired with a misc item representing them?

So if you sell / drop / have them stolen (the misc version of the item) you end up automatically changed to the armless / legless variant of your current equipped type? This could be something restricted for player character only.

I know that sexlab has something similar like attaching an item to a NPC in order to give the same voice always (it's a coin I believe).

(Perhaps naming it in a way that makes searching the inventory for the item quickly, since player inventory tends to become big)

I don't know if this is a good idea, but if it works, maybe it can also be used to control left/right hand/legs equipping.

3 hours ago, Loki15kun said:

Would it be posible for the arms / legs be paired with a misc item representing them?

So if you sell / drop / have them stolen (the misc version of the item) you end up automatically changed to the armless / legless variant of your current equipped type? This could be something restricted for player character only.

I know that sexlab has something similar like attaching an item to a NPC in order to give the same voice always (it's a coin I believe).

(Perhaps naming it in a way that makes searching the inventory for the item quickly, since player inventory tends to become big)

I don't know if this is a good idea, but if it works, maybe it can also be used to control left/right hand/legs equipping.

That's an interesting idea, and would have some amusing side effects like causing your cybernetic limbs to be removed when you're thrown in jail.  However, I think it would add more complexity than I want to deal with right now.  Maybe something to revisit in the future.

5 minutes ago, langmans said:

Amazing :smile:

Can you do something with this?

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4350-dwarven-devious-cuirass/

MaikCG put it in the public domain. Would be nice to him to credit him however.

That's been on my radar for this and would be easy to add.  I'll probably throw it in once I get around to adding more stuff.

21 hours ago, yurik said:

Reveal hidden contents

dwarven_augmentation_double_body.thumb.jpg.0a351f9231ec6dc76fb877b8e41bb17d.jpg

As you may have seen in the DCC support thread, the problem was in my mod, not in the DCC meshes.  I have uploaded a new version that should fix the problem.  Sorry for the confusion!

• 2 weeks later...

Should use the parts from the steadfast magnolia companion mod too, most of the gear is either real sexy, heavy weapons or both, lol. here's the link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82251

Your mod would benefit as would the other mod as well as the parts can be tough to work with as they go in really random slots, granted most of the weapons are kinda OP but I'm confident with some some work it can be fixed, assuming you can get permission of course. actually just checked his other mods, some of those parts might work too, though some are stupid huge, but its your mod that adding to. also some of his mods are on SSE as well.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Leonineus said:

To clarify, this is SSE compatible but the Cyborg mod it requires isn't? Will this still work properly, that being the case?

I don't play SSE so I can't say for certain, but it is highly doubtful the scripting from this mod will work with SKSE64.  However, it looks like converting mods is pretty simple.  I'll give it a shot when I do the 1.0 release.  The Dwarven Cyborg Collection assets should work properly in SSE, but there is always a chance they might not.

Speaking of the 1.0 release, I'm basically sitting on it because I wanted to pick up the additional variations AVS has coming down the pipeline - I had assumed he was close to releasing what he had done, but he seems to keep finding more stuff to add.  The main things of note that will be added are interaction blocking for bodies that are lacking hands (basically locks out crafting interactions but you can still do anything else needed to actually play the game), and implementation of the legless Bikini armor.  Unfortunately, slowing down the player's speed so that the legless movement looks plausible has some funky side effects of randomly making you immobile instead, so I just made it so the legless version can't move, unless you also have arms and are not using them to fight (in which case the speed debuff won't be enough to cause problems).

2 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

I don't play SSE so I can't say for certain, but it is highly doubtful the scripting from this mod will work with SKSE64.  However, it looks like converting mods is pretty simple.  I'll give it a shot when I do the 1.0 release.  The Dwarven Cyborg Collection assets should work properly in SSE, but there is always a chance they might not.

Speaking of the 1.0 release, I'm basically sitting on it because I wanted to pick up the additional variations AVS has coming down the pipeline - I had assumed he was close to releasing what he had done, but he seems to keep finding more stuff to add.  The main things of note that will be added are interaction blocking for bodies that are lacking hands (basically locks out crafting interactions but you can still do anything else needed to actually play the game), and implementation of the legless Bikini armor.  Unfortunately, slowing down the player's speed so that the legless movement looks plausible has some funky side effects of randomly making you immobile instead, so I just made it so the legless version can't move, unless you also have arms and are not using them to fight (in which case the speed debuff won't be enough to cause problems).

Interesting.

Asking because I'm RPing a modded playthrough in SSE with a Snow Elf who survived the Dwemer betrayal and is a whiz at modifying and utilising their tech, rather eager to see what I can do with working Dwemer cybernetic augmentations into her kit.

Also *still* trying to find a decent Dwemer light armour for her...

2 hours ago, SaymonKopolsky said:

If only the body can't removable, so this mod is compatible with amputator framework and this ?

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/82429-deadly-traps-and-curses/

It is compatible with both those mods in the sense that they won't interfere with each other, but there is no cross-functionality - Deadly Traps won't detect missing parts caused by the Dwarven cyborg body you're using, and Dwarven Augmentation won't apply any of its own effects for missing hands if they're lost to a trap.

18 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

I don't have native SSE support, and haven't really started looking into it yet- I'm waiting for the script extender mod ecosystem to mature and stabilize a bit more before I'll personally consider switching over- but from what I understand the main thing that needs to be done is simply converting the .nifs to SSE's updated format, and that there's batch tools to do that. I'm less clear on what the status of things like NiOverride and UUNP support in SSE are, though. Also if the updated version of CBBE that was being developed for it was also ported to Oldrim, or if that's another body people will ask for conversions to. 

(I'm already on my third round of painting out limbs, I don't really need two more, man)

Speaking of the 1.0 release, I'm basically sitting on it because I wanted to pick up the additional variations AVS has coming down the pipeline - I had assumed he was close to releasing what he had done, but he seems to keep finding more stuff to add. 

Heh. Yeah, sorry about that. I had intended to have the next thing ready a week or two ago, but I keep finding new rabbits to get distracted by. Some of those turned out well, like the beast legs, but others... Lost a good chunk of a day finding out that no, I can't really edit enemy monsters in Outfit Studio. Shame, really.

I've just about got everything I can think of crammed in and the zaps rebuilt, though, so I should have things ready within the next couple of weeks. Depends on how long building the Bodyslide files and CK entries takes. Also have a few more little things for the Extras to build, although I may end up having to abandon a couple of them. Still can't get the converted bikini top from that new Edhildil set to not crash the game, and there's another headgear that I wanted to build that just isn't coming together the way I want it to. We'll see how it goes.

The main things of note that will be added are interaction blocking for bodies that are lacking hands (basically locks out crafting interactions but you can still do anything else needed to actually play the game), and implementation of the legless Bikini armor.  Unfortunately, slowing down the player's speed so that the legless movement looks plausible has some funky side effects of randomly making you immobile instead, so I just made it so the legless version can't move, unless you also have arms and are not using them to fight (in which case the speed debuff won't be enough to cause problems).

Sounds fun! :smiley: