I hate to be a provider of bad news that just keeps getting worse each day. If you did not purchase new Skyrim SE and created a new second Steam account, whereby you ensure that Steam will not update your new account automatically to the AE version. You may discover that things are just getting worse day by day for our old Skyrim SE. Some of the major mods that you may have once rely upon in your game now, may not exist today or be available in the future. For example: Skyrim Unofficial Special Edition Patch no longer supports previous version of Skyrim SE. It only supports Skyrim SE v1.6+ (AE version)! The mod author will not provide or support his earlier version of USSEP. Some mod authors are now beginning to follow the same example. The only short-term solution is that SOS needs to be updated or replace, as soon as possible. If not, the days of Skyrim SE to be modified to an adult like game are numbered.

I have put over 5,200 gaming hours into this game that was built around creating Skyrim into an immersive role-playing adult medieval world of magic and dragons. Because of this and two weeks in trying to resolve this SOS issue, I took this direction to restore my game and until someone updates SOS to Skyrim SE v1.6+ or replace it. Many of you may be overlooking that SOS relies on SexLab Framework SE v1.63, which is not fully compatible with the new Skyrim SE. Many of the issues that you may be having with SOS or with your game, may not be just with SOS only.

Some SexLab mods are now begun to move towards the new Skyrim SE (AE version), which uses the new SexLab Framework SE v1.64b AE. Although, Skyrim SE (AE v1.63+) is consider an update version. Many of us were cough off guard. In truth, the AE update is a complete overhaul of recompiling the Skyrim gaming engine .exe file with a newer version of Visual Studios. You cannot use the old SKSE with new the Skyrim SE (AE version), it requires its own SKSE build 2.1.3 for AE. Our old Skyrim SE relies more on earlier versions of Visual Studios before 2015.  It is almost like, trying play Skyrim SE with Skyrim LE mods.

This information is only being provided as a possible solution for those who want to try another idea for a more temporary fix or want a more reliable option, whereas other solutions that they have tried have failed for them.

Although, I was able to rebuild my game back up to 200 mods and get it up and running without any real issues. The loss of the old USSEP has cost me the loss of sixteen mods that my original game required. With recent updates, I have already lost four utilities mods that have now gone over to AE version. Two of them no longer provide support for earlier versions of Skyrim SE.

Edited by Charmingfox
17 minutes ago, Charmingfox said:

*snip to page smaller*

While true, a bit over-dramatic.

But Nexus now archives old files, and as long as the file ID is known we can create links like this: Pre-AE USSEP v4.2.5b

https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=209150&game_id=1704

So we can stay a few months on SE as mods update.

And SOS has a new DLL here:

Also follow this thread:

Edited by Akzyra
1 hour ago, Akzyra said:

While true, a bit over-dramatic.

But Nexus now archives old files, and as long as the file ID is known we can create links like this: Pre-AE USSEP v4.2.5b

https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=209150&game_id=1704

So we can stay a few months on SE as mods update.

And SOS has a new DLL here:

Also follow this thread:

just like to chime in here. the ae patch for SOS has some bugs the author is trying to solve still.

But it does clear the error popup, however i can bypass the pop and make sos:se work with the errors in AE , only "bug" i get with se version is ..underwear on while sos is active, but functions fine animation and physics wise ,  only thing i dont have 100% running in ae is parts of race menu, and additem  ( i have to console fetch.. ) 

but other then that i have it working and functional

hdt smp is also not hard to ae compile (some have posted steps , google fu is a useful thing) 

14 hours ago, whiskeyii said:

I also had this issue, and while I can't remember the exact steps, my MO setup says that I'm using the SE version of SOS plus the Schaken Mods HDT Collision Conversions, so maybe see if frankensteining that in helps at all. I definitely downloaded several other non-LL HDT-SMP SOS configs in a desperate bid to get the collisions to work (and they do now), so I know it's possible with the existing configs out there.

Are you on AE ? If so, it could be wise to remember that physics-related mods may have issues because they rely on your skeleton. XPMSSE for example relies on RaceMenu, and that mod hasn't been AE'ified yet.

Edited by SadEyes
7 hours ago, SadEyes said:

Are you on AE ? If so, it could be wise to remember that physics-related mods may have issues because they rely on your skeleton. XPMSSE for example relies on RaceMenu, and that mod hasn't been AE'ified yet.

I am not; I’m still chilling on SE, and was when this setup was created months ago. However, I’ve noticed that this issue seems to persist only when you use the VectorPlexus Regular type Schlong; all other Schlongs seem to respond just fine using the provided LL config, so I’m not sure what’s up with that.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:51 PM, whiskeyii said:

I am not; I’m still chilling on SE, and was when this setup was created months ago. However, I’ve noticed that this issue seems to persist only when you use the VectorPlexus Regular type Schlong; all other Schlongs seem to respond just fine using the provided LL config, so I’m not sure what’s up with that.

I'm using that one, too....using CBPC physics/collision for the body (SMP for breasts) and have no problems.  It should work with full SMP, too...but you could try to update CBBE 3BA  and and go with added CBPC physics. Now that Racemenu is usable again, it is also easy to adjust body and schlong that way after you build your body with Bodylide.

Could anyone please provide some direction on how to get SOS working with the AE update? I have SOS 1.1.4, and I also located the new AE dll from chuckseven1. I'm using MO2 (Mod Organizer 2) to manage my mods.

Am I supposed to...

A) Unzip the SOS 1.1.4 mod, replace the dll, rezip, then FOMOD install → I tried this already, no luck.

B) Install SOS 1.1.4 fomod, then install the AE dll fomod alongside it (using LOOT for load order) → I tried this already, no luck.

C) Some other method, maybe manual install?

I use MO2, but I've tried a couple different ways, and the game keeps saying the dll is not found/outdated. I even tried putting the dll directly into steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins and still no luck. I'm getting this error:

image.png.988dd92c4587879164d8c76b54ffa683.png

I am on Skyrim SE version 1.6.323, using SKSE v2.1.3.

By the way, I am loading from a fresh un-modded save directly after the Helgen scenario. I've also tried just starting a new game entirely. I get the error either way.

If anyone can provide some direction, I would be most appreciative! Nothing I have tried so far has worked for me.

Edited by llfake3
clarity

I had the same problem.  The solution is right here.  Well, close.  On the front page of this mod (when under View File not Get Support), within the reviews section lower down is a link within @Storn's post to update the .dll for SOS to work for AE.

This worked for me insomuch as that error goes and my character's schlong, ahem, worked when I needed it to.  The only thing not really quite right now for me is that when my/a character puts armour back on the schlong does not get 'hidden'.  This is not a problem for low reaching armour, but for armour which does not reach down too far or simply has a fairly open lower front part (e.g. as glass armour is now) it looks a bit silly.

2082439353_20211208195006_1(2).jpg.6785b91e72aeca2059e56238c2a54817.jpg

I play most of the time in first person so it's not a constant reminder but I know it's there and it bugs me occasionally.

Edited by ShinsFortress
5 hours ago, ShinsFortress said:

I had the same problem.  The solution is right here.  Well, close.  On the front page of this mod (when under View File not Get Support), within the reviews section lower down is a link within @Storn's post to update the .dll for SOS to work for AE.

This worked for me insomuch as that error goes and my character's schlong, ahem, worked when I needed it to.  The only thing not really quite right now for me is that when my/a character puts armour back on the schlong does not get 'hidden'.  This is not a problem for low reaching armour, but for armour which does not reach down too far or simply has a fairly open lower front part (e.g. as glass armour is now) it looks a bit silly.

2082439353_20211208195006_1(2).jpg.6785b91e72aeca2059e56238c2a54817.jpg

I play most of the time in first person so it's not a constant reminder but I know it's there and it bugs me occasionally.

Thank you Shins. Posting here as well in case anyone may come across this thread and can help.

This is precisely my issue . I HAVE the SoS AE dll, but for some reason, no matter where I put it or how I install it, SOS just can't seem to find the DLL. I keep getting the "dll not found" error. Here's a screencap of what my MO2 setup looks like. As you can see, I have SOS AE with a higher priority. It doesn't seem to matter though, because I still get the "dll not found".

image.png.a627db26777d2d9792f43a63cbcce59e.png

I even tried to go into the SOS 1.1.4 mod directly, into the \SKSE\Plugins folder for the mod and manually replace the dll file with the AE one, and I STILL GET THE DLL NOT FOUND ERROR! (Frustrating!!)

I'm wondering if there is somehow some kind of phantom old dll out there that is being "read" or something, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that's what may be causing my issue.

SOS has worked for me in the past. It looks like the requirements are SKSE, SkyUI, XPMSSE. I have updated all of these to their latest versions. On the SOS SE page it says one of the common issues is:

"DLL is missing or reported to be the wrong version: mismatch between SKSE64 and SoS SE;"

I am on SKSE v2.1.3 which appears to be the most up-to-date version.

Someone please help! 

11 hours ago, SadEyes said:

I'm using that one, too....using CBPC physics/collision for the body (SMP for breasts) and have no problems.  It should work with full SMP, too...but you could try to update CBBE 3BA  and and go with added CBPC physics. Now that Racemenu is usable again, it is also easy to adjust body and schlong that way after you build your body with Bodylide.

I've been chasing this bug for YEARS, and I finally cracked it. For anyone else, if this is also happening to you, and you are a) already using any variation of Bakafactory's, LL, or Schaken's HDT-SMP patch AND (this is the most important part) b) you are using the VectorPlexus Regular Schlong, here's your fix (any of those patches work fine with the Smurf and Muscular Schlongs, and thus don't need fixing):

1. Download NifSkope
2. Open up the SMP patch mod and locate the VP Regular meshes (meshes > actors > character > character assets > SOS > VectorPlexus Regular > malegenitals_0/1.nif)
3. Open up either one in NifSkope (in most cases the 0 weight one is the problematic one, so I recommend starting there)
4. Click on the visible meshes on the right side of the screen til you land on the "collision" mesh
5. On the lower left-hand side, expand the BSTriShape and scroll down a little til you see its Name entry
6. If it says anything other than "peniscollison", move over a little to the right and right-click the Name value--the part that has a little TXT to the left of it--and click Edit String Index
7. Change the Name to "peniscollision"
8. Save
9. Repeat for the 1 weight nif

And that's it. All this time, the collision mesh was just named incorrectly, which meant it wasn't hooked up to the SMP hdt file. If I hadn't been messing around with mixing and matching texture files where they shouldn't be, I dunno if this would've been found for a while. My patch had a typo of "malecollision", which is so close, it hurts.

Edited by whiskeyii
4 hours ago, llfake3 said:

Thank you Shins. Posting here as well in case anyone may come across this thread and can help.

This is precisely my issue . I HAVE the SoS AE dll, but for some reason, no matter where I put it or how I install it, SOS just can't seem to find the DLL. I keep getting the "dll not found" error. Here's a screencap of what my MO2 setup looks like. As you can see, I have SOS AE with a higher priority. It doesn't seem to matter though, because I still get the "dll not found".

I even tried to go into the SOS 1.1.4 mod directly, into the \SKSE\Plugins folder for the mod and manually replace the dll file with the AE one, and I STILL GET THE DLL NOT FOUND ERROR! (Frustrating!!)

I'm wondering if there is somehow some kind of phantom old dll out there that is being "read" or something, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that's what may be causing my issue.

SOS has worked for me in the past. It looks like the requirements are SKSE, SkyUI, XPMSSE. I have updated all of these to their latest versions. On the SOS SE page it says one of the common issues is:

"DLL is missing or reported to be the wrong version: mismatch between SKSE64 and SoS SE;"

Someone please help! 

You need to put SoS AE after SOS. That Grey lightning bolt means that all the files from SoS AE are being overridden by later mods. You are still using the original DLL with that mod order.

7 hours ago, whiskeyii said:

I've been chasing this bug for YEARS, and I finally cracked it. For anyone else, if this is also happening to you, and you are a) already using any variation of Bakafactory's, LL, or Schaken's HDT-SMP patch AND (this is the most important part) b) you are using the VectorPlexus Regular Schlong, here's your fix (any of those patches work fine with the Smurf and Muscular Schlongs, and thus don't need fixing):

If you've had this bug for years, it is odd that you haven't tried the more obvious solution : using CBPC for penis collision. I mean, you probably have CBPC anyway (since it is a 'soft' requirement for CBBE 3BA and BHUNP), all it takes is to choose this option when you install your body.  

I find it hard to believe this is a "bug" from aers, more likely there is something not right with your installation, mod/installation order or how you've built your body in Bodyslide.

I had this kind of problem some time ago, and simply re-installed everything body/physics related and learned how to use Bodyslide correctly. After that, everything just works.

Edited by SadEyes
9 hours ago, llfake3 said:

Someone please help! 

Indeed.  But by that stage that wasn't my problem anymore.  I think my post has been diverted!  After using Vortex properly install seems to work and error pop-up goes away.  My character(s) still have a dangly even when wearing armour though...

5 hours ago, chuckseven1 said:

You need to put SoS AE after SOS. That Grey lightning bolt means that all the files from SoS AE are being overridden by later mods. You are still using the original DLL with that mod order.

The priority order number indicates that sos ae is lower.  I suspect that a outdated dll is in fake's overwrite folder.

1 hour ago, SadEyes said:

If you've had this bug for years, it is odd that you haven't tried the more obvious solution : using CBPC for penis collision. I mean, you probably have CBPC anyway (since it is a 'soft' requirement for CBBE 3BA and BHUNP), all it takes is to choose this option when you install your body.  

I find it hard to believe this is a "bug" from aers, more likely there is something not right with your installation, mod/installation order or how you've built your body in Bodyslide.

I had this kind of problem some time ago, and simply re-installed everything body/physics related and learned how to use Bodyslide correctly. After that, everything just works.

Oh, I’ve tried CBPC as a substitute, but I was never very happy with the results; personally, I like the way SMP looks better. And I don’t blame Aers or Acro, I don’t think the issue is with their work; rather, I think the issue is with Baka’s patch, as I also reinstalled and rebuilt my body many times, and tried out Faster HDT just to narrow down the variables. But I suspect that Baka’s patch served as a base for a lot of other SoS patches, and if you trace that back to its Patreon source and read the comments, you’ll see it also has issues with the Regular Schlong interacting with the SMP vagina, and it’s unclear if those issues were ever updated and resolved. So since I kept seeing other people posting about what I think is the same issue, once I figured out what was actually wrong, I wanted to share my solution in case there were other stubborn folks out there like me wrestling with the same issue. :)

2 hours ago, whiskeyii said:

Oh, I’ve tried CBPC as a substitute, but I was never very happy with the results; personally, I like the way SMP looks better. And I don’t blame Aers or Acro, I don’t think the issue is with their work; rather, I think the issue is with Baka’s patch, as I also reinstalled and rebuilt my body many times, and tried out Faster HDT just to narrow down the variables. But I suspect that Baka’s patch served as a base for a lot of other SoS patches, and if you trace that back to its Patreon source and read the comments, you’ll see it also has issues with the Regular Schlong interacting with the SMP vagina, and it’s unclear if those issues were ever updated and resolved. So since I kept seeing other people posting about what I think is the same issue, once I figured out what was actually wrong, I wanted to share my solution in case there were other stubborn folks out there like me wrestling with the same issue. :)

Didn't mean to patronize or doubt you, I just feel that for your everyday player any collision is better than none.. ?

Of course, if your solution is THE solution, great that you share it !

4 hours ago, arkane14 said:

The priority order number indicates that sos ae is lower.  I suspect that a outdated dll is in fake's overwrite folder.

Hi Arkane - thank you for your post! I learned something new today about the gray lightning bolt. I also learned that you can double click into the mod in MO2 to see what exactly is overwriting what, which is awesome! Your suspicion was correct, in that I did indeed have a dll in the overwrite folder. However, that dll was actually the SOS AE dll that I had purposefully put there, hoping MO2 would use it. Nonetheless, I have cleared it out of the overwrite folder.

Here is what I have now:

image.png.3b26d5aae9c7742622a25e9f935c9732.png

The gray lightning bolt is gone!

When I double click into SoS AE, I can clearly see that the SOS AE DLL is successfully overwriting the DLL in the SOS 1.1.4:

image.png.96456fa2b785c5cd0016a31b6f936263.png

Nonetheless, I am still getting the dll error...

image.png.988dd92c4587879164d8c76b54ffa683.png

I'm just using the default dll in the FOMOD. It states, "Select this if your CPU does not support AVX, or if you are not sure (it will always work just might be slower)." I have also used the other dlls just to try, but it does not make a difference in terms of the error appearing.

I have no idea how this could be happening. It defies all logic. Even if I manually delete the old dll so that the SOS AE is the ONLY DLL that MO2 could possibly find, it still says that it cannot find it, or that it is too old. :(

After days of puzzling over this, I was finally able to solve my "dll not found" issue. 

My solution: Check the SKSE logs to figure out what OTHER dll is giving SKSE issues. Correct those issues, and SKSE can continue reading down the list, until it ultimately (correctly) reads the new SOS AE dll.

For anyone reading this in the future who may be having the same issue with the dll not found (even though you know you updated it), it seems like when booting up your game, SKSE goes down the list of reading the different dll files. I learned that if at ANY POINT it comes across a dll that errors out, it simply stops reading them altogether. In other words, I found out that if a different dll is outdated, SKSE will NOT continue reading the others, therefore prompting me about the erroneous SOS dll, because it simply gave up reading the dlls after finding a bad one.

In my case, I found out that I had (no idea why) some HDT Physics Extensions mod that is supposed to be for Skyrim LE (again, no idea how that got in my mod list). In reading my SKSE log located here Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE, it turned out that that HDT Physics Extensions dll was crapping out. After getting rid of that mod altogether, SKSE was able to successfully read the rest of the dll files INCLUDING THE SOS AE dll from @chuckseven1. Therefore, after booting up the game, my ERROR MESSAGE WAS GONE!

Thanks to @chuckseven1 for his awesome job on the Patch, and for answering questions here. Cheers!

Plugins are checked before loading starts. I see there is a difference between plugin dll's that cause exceptions and those that are simply set aside but don't create exceptions.

I know these two dll's come from mods that are not updated for AE, but I've kept them my load order :

checking plugin Fuz Ro D'oh.dll
   plugin Fuz Ro D'oh.dll (00000000  00000000) no version data 0 (handle 0)
   checking plugin hdtSMP64.dll
   plugin hdtSMP64.dll (00000000  00000000) no version data 0 (handle 0)

These do not load, but it doesn't seem to impact ther game. In fact, I have breast bounce from HDT SMP, and it still seems to work ?  The other dll's load correctly...the ones with "no version data" are just disregarded. Is it better to un-install those mods ?