37 minutes ago, Blerbler67 said:

This seems to be a hang up for quite a few so far, SOS update to AE, and I am struggling to figure it out as well.

Has anyone done a quick tutorial to get this to work? I have SOS. I have the AE updated dll. I unzipped both outside of MO2, removed the dll from the original SOS, and replaced it with the dll from the AE update. I then archived the mod, with the new dll replacing the old one, and I still get the game refusing to launch if SOS is activated.

What am i missing here? I feel like it is something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance for your time.

1. Download and Install SOS 1.1.4 from the main download
  2. Download the new AE SOS DLL, install, overwrite DLL from step 1.
  3. play.
11 hours ago, HylianSteel said:

There's a new Skyrim update today. Avoid installing it until the SOS AE .DLL has been updated again.

I always seem to get the bug to play Skyrim a day after or day of a big patch, and always figure that out after I update the software... ?

what am i missing?? i DL the SOS SE. drag+drop the .rar to MO2. says its missing gives a before-launch error saying no .dll. i download SOS AE. drag+drop to MO2. still same error says its missing .dll. i right click, go to the folder with SOSAE. Cut the .dll, paste it in SKSE>Plugins in SOS SE... and it STILL gives same error says no .dll. what am i doing wrong??

EDIT: more confusion! edited original for specificity but also! i reinstalled SOS SE so it was purposefully missing SOS AE AND without including the dong shop and the game starts. load up my character, and im getting an in-game no .dll error. absolutely maddening

Edited by Notputtinganythinghere
update
9 hours ago, guajardojacinda93 said:

I'm not very tech inclined, can someone explain how to install this to me using vortex? Can vortex be used? If not, can I get a detailed step-by-step guide for dummies?

If I remember correctly, you download the file. Then in Vortex on your mod list tab, in the lower part of the window is a section to manually add (maybe text says install) a mod.  I think you can just drag/drop it or you might have to click the icon and navigate to it.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, 4nk8r said:

1. Download and Install SOS 1.1.4 from the main download
  2. Download the new AE SOS DLL, install, overwrite DLL from step 1.
  3. play.

Does not work for me, it says "SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll: disabled, incompatible with current runtime version" :(

14 minutes ago, Wubziz said:

Thanks, but I got the same error again.

If you got nothing else in your sleeve, then this means no SOS for the time being :(

You can downgrade to 1.5.97 and stay there until this mess is settled.  Everything works.

17 minutes ago, Wubziz said:

If you got nothing else in your sleeve, then this means no SOS for the time being :(

Sorry I can't find the thread that the file was in, I saw it a few hours ago. If I'm not mistaken you have to move your sos.dll out of the folder, save it incase you need it later, but with the Papyrus plugin you won't need the dll to make sos work

21 minutes ago, Wubziz said:

You do realize the version of SOS that @DrakenRedfang linked to you DOES NOT REQUIRE AN SOS DLL.  If you're still getting an error about a missing SOS DLL, you're not installing things correctly.  Just ignore the DLL error.  Delete the schlongsofskyrim.dll.  This version of SOS uses the latest PapyrusUtils (available at LL and Nexus) instead.

Edited by 4nk8r
6 minutes ago, DrakenRedfang said:

Sorry I can't find the thread that the file was in, I saw it a few hours ago. If I'm not mistaken you have to move your sos.dll out of the folder, save it incase you need it later, but with the Papyrus plugin you won't need the dll to make sos work

6 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

You do realize the version of SOS that @DrakenRedfang linked to you DOES NOT REQUIRE AN SOS DLL.  If you're still getting an error about a missing SOS DLL, you're not installing things correctly.  Just ignore the DLL error.  Delete the schlongsofskyrim.dll.  This version of SOS uses the latest PapyrusUtils (available at LL and Nexus) instead.

Thanks guys!!!

I got it working now :D Thanks very very very much!

3 hours ago, DrakenRedfang said:

Ok! so I have SOS SE, removed the SOS.DLL, and have this running after. they now have dongs! but also brown undies. also they arent getting hard for scenes.

I remove SOS SE entirely, just have @DrakenRedfang 's file. They still have dongs AND no underwear. But they still arent getting hard.

I have sexlab and ParmaYarm, what's the last thing I'm missing? i tried Arousal; Redux, and the game doesn't launch. suggestions?

1 hour ago, Notputtinganythinghere said:

Ok! so I have SOS SE, removed the SOS.DLL, and have this running after. they now have dongs! but also brown undies. also they arent getting hard for scenes.

I remove SOS SE entirely, just have @DrakenRedfang 's file. They still have dongs AND no underwear. But they still arent getting hard.

I have sexlab and ParmaYarm, what's the last thing I'm missing? i tried Arousal; Redux, and the game doesn't launch. suggestions?

You still need SOS 1.1.4 for the male body replacer.  So, install 1.1.4, delete the DLL, then install the extra one DrakenRedfang linked, let it win any overwrites, and you should then have a fully featured SOS install.

Edited by 4nk8r
2 hours ago, Notputtinganythinghere said:

@4nk8r followed those instructions to a T, still getting brown undies and flaccid members. 

Sorry.  I'm not an AE user, so I'm only parroting previous instructions.  Erstam is the one that created the PapyrusUtil-only version of SOS.  I never tried it out.  I'm still playing SSE 1.5.97 and SOS 1.1.4 with the custom SOS DLL from chuckseven1 (for SKSE 2.0.20).

If you're able, I'd suggest downgrading to 1.5.97.  Use the "best of both worlds" patcher from the 2nd link in my signature.  This will downgrade your bink DLL and the game EXE to 1.5.97, but leave all the new AE content behind.  A blended install.  For any mod that contains a DLL, use the 1.5.97/2.0.17 thru 2.0.20 version of it, including the Address Library.  Don't use the AE version of any mod that has a DLL.  For Unofficial SSE Patch (USSEP), use the latest version that is listed for AE, not the one for 1.5.97.

You can also use the DepotDownloader in the 3rd link in my sig, but it will be more complex than using the automatic patcher in the 2nd link.  The manifest numbers in the example I have there will get you a 100% 1.5.97 game.  Just blend the 3 resulting folders together into 1.  If you want to do a blended install with the latest AE content, you can do that with it as well, but read my note at the bottom of the example so you don't blend versions together in the download folder and overwrite files.  You'll need to visit steamdb.info to get the correct manifest numbers for the lastest version (they aren't in my example).

Edited by 4nk8r

I had managed to make everything from LoversLab work perfectly, and then yesterday I updated my game like an idiot... Don't ask me why I did this, I have no idea myself, I feel really stupid right now
I'm seriously considering downgrading my game to SE, Bethesda and their stupid AE are really a pain in the ass

Anyway, thank you so much @DrakenRedfang for this link ! I installed it with MO2, I just tested it briefly and it seems to work perfectly ! I will use this until all the mess caused by the new AE update has been fixed

1 hour ago, affari_miei said:

Needs updating for the new SKSE release for the anniversary edition

Yeah...we totally forgot about SOS needing an update...thanks for letting us know.  We'll get around to it eventually...someday.