Who Here Is Interested In Final Fantasy XV Modding?

NightroModzz

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will have Modding support.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-modding-tools/

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/pcgamer/2361446846784487015

Are you excited for modding the game in general?

Do you plan to make mods for the game?

Square Enix urges against adult modding, but will that stop you?

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/09/final-fantasy-xv-nude-mods-could-affect-future-mod-support-in-final-fantasy-games/38743/

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, 27X said:

zero mechanical or technical content 

Lol, give it time. Skyrim had plenty. It will have a level designer and some Steam workshop tools. Not sure what else. There may also be some modding benefits for it being a UE4 based game as well, if certain tools are created.

I doubt it will have any or much limitation in comparison to the openness of Skyrim, in terms of locked content.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-modding-tools/

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/pcgamer/2361446846784487015

"the game will launch with minor modding tools which will allow modders to alter simple stuff like characters’ skins. More powerful tools will be released down the line, but a tentative release window hasn’t been confirmed." Not a 100% for sure thing.

5 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

what wrong with being optimistic?

Sets you up for disappointment.

5 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

It's a popular series and the game is on a good engine that I use myself.

I'm not disputing that, UR4 is amazing.

6 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

How is Skyrim ruined?

There are more slutty 5-minute-followers and more shitty ENB presets than there are decent quality mods.

6 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

There are plenty of high quality mods that aren't adult mods.

Not as many as there are shitty adult mods.

7 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

What make you think I don't contribute to the modding community?

You have 1 mod on the Nexus and 1 mod here. I have 33 on the Nexus and like 12 here. Not saying quantity over quality, but my most of my mods have 4K textures, high-poly models, and are largely bug free.

9 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

And I hate people who are too quick to pull the trigger.

Final Fantasy was ruined by time the fourth game was released. I wouldn't exactly say 27 years is quick.

43 minutes ago, RussianPrince said:

There are more slutty 5-minute-followers and more shitty ENB presets than there are decent quality mo

Better than none. Don't download them then. There are plenty other mods besides followers.

Not as many as there are shitty adult mods.

Lol, false. Way off. Excluding all follower and ENB mods, I'd be surprised if LoversLab had 1/4 as many adult mods than none-adult mods from Nexus.

You have 1 mod on the Nexus and 1 mod here. I have 33 on the Nexus and like 12 here. Not saying quantity over quality, but my most of my mods have 4K textures, high-poly models, and are largely bug free.

And what makes you think I didn't contribute to mods that I didn't post myself? I was asking, not making it a contest. And since it bothers you so much, I haven't made an adult mod...yet.

Final Fantasy was ruined by time the fourth game was released. I wouldn't exactly say 27 years is quick.

Wrong response. I'm talking about judging people.

Again, take your negativity elsewhere.

I hope there is a mod for singleplayer that lets you make your own character, like you can for multiplayer. I dunno why so many RPGs are coming out that are removing character customization (Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, Assassin's Creed Origins (though not really an RPG) and now this one). Will be skipping it until a mod comes out that fixes that. 

It looks great besides that. 

1 hour ago, Sylandras said:

I hope there is a mod for singleplayer that lets you make your own character, like you can for multiplayer. I dunno why so many RPGs are coming out that are removing character customization (Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, Assassin's Creed Origins (though not really an RPG) and now this one). Will be skipping it until a mod comes out that fixes that. 

It looks great besides that. 

I'm hoping for the same thing. It is on the same engine version, and If it's within the same .exe, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to get ported through a mod. If it happens, I'm really hoping for custom races to be implemented. That is an area that I usually make mods for.

It would be interesting since character models have a much higher polycount than Skyrim. I read in an article that it averages between 78K to 100K per character model. It was not mentioned if the 100k is for cutscenes only or not. Also the implementation of Nvidia hair works on custom races if future modding tools allow it. Can also be used for the Miqo'te race.

...Oh shit! Just realized that it released today and need to launch Steam to install it lol. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

I'm hoping for the same thing. It is on the same engine version, and If it's within the same .exe, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to get ported through a mod. If it happens, I'm really hoping for custom races to be implemented. That is an area that I usually make mods for.

It would be interesting since character models have a much higher polycount than Skyrim. I read in an article that it averages between 78K to 100K per character model. It was not mentioned if the 100k is for cutscenes only or not. Also the implementation of Nvidia hair works on custom races if future modding tools allow it. Can also be used for the Miqo'te race.

...Oh shit! Just realized that it released today and need to launch Steam to install it lol. :classic_biggrin:

yeah, I went ahead and bought it anyway. 45 dollars from humblebundle +2.52 dollars back, so not a bad price. I could have gone with greenmangaming and got it for 40, but I don't really like them as much. Though I guess I missed a coupon that made it as low as 30 dollars, which I'd have gone to GMG if it was still there lol.

But 45 dollars isn't bad. And I imagine there'll be good mods, since final fantasy is a pretty popular series

Its definitely quite intensive. But I get drops to 25 fps but otherwise mostly stable at 30 fps (locked it at that) and cinematics I get 22-28 FPS but no stuttering. And even drops to 25, no stuttering either. My CPU doesn't meet minimum requirements, everything else does.

I could get better performance if I turned off hairworks, soft shadows and grass simulation...but two of those I will never turn off no matter how crap my PC is lol. That being grass simulation and hairworks. Soft shadows doesn't cost any performance at all, except maybe a tiny bit. Everything else is on average settings, with TRAM setting set to average to. Didn't notice a difference for performance with low TRAM or medium, but did heavily notice it at high...game still looks really pretty

CPU: i5 660 3.3GHz (its a dual core, not quad core, and this CPU is shit and a piece of crap. It was crap even when it was new. biggest issue with games. But it would cost me 1000 dollars to upgrade it, since I'd need a new power supply, new ram (my ram isn't compatible with new CPUs) and the motherboard itself, since I'd want to get good hardware. But even if it was only 500 dollars I still couldn't afford that either lol. Too poor. If I could upgrade the CPU to a GOOD one I could get by if it was 100-200 for everything, but I need to upgrade so much of my PC to properly use the new CPUs)

GPU: GTX 970 4gb (the game also uses 94-100% of video ram usage. Always uses close to or 100% no matter how low the settings I pick)

8gig DDR3 ram

SSD (one of the newer ones)

64bit OS obviously

For my system, especially my craptastic CPU, 30 FPS average isn't bad especially with no stuttering. If it stuttered all the time it be unplayable, but its really smooth with the 30 fps cap even with the slight fps drop in areas.

(edit: Uninstalling the HD texture pack gave me quite a FPS increase. Also dropped GPU video ram usage to 88 percent, though I noticed after changing some settings it went back to close to 100 and never went down. Then restarted the game and it went back to 88...seems changing the settings requires a restart or the video ram usage gets "stuck".

Also even though I had HD assets marked as off (not checked), they were taking up a lot of video ram even though they weren't supposed to be used. Maybe the assets option is something else. But that freed up a ton of space on my SSD lol, and my PC can't do HD 4k textures for FFXV anyway.

FF15...the EMO Simulator about a group of guys wearing black doing petty fetch quests and yet another Disney style plot of gotta stop the evil while using the power of love and reclaim the throne. Ohhh so original. Unless its got variety of mods (to which it won't) like Skyrim not touching it. Maybe they will do better in the future but seeing how SE is obsessed with always online DRM and episodic games (Hitman 2015 reboot and FF7 Remake) I highly doubt that.

3 hours ago, Sylandras said:

CPU: i5 660 3.3GHz 

GPU: GTX 970 4gb (the game also uses 94-100% of video ram usage. Always uses close to or 100% no matter how low the settings I pick)

8gig DDR3 ram

SSD (one of the newer ones)

64bit OS obviously

System Requirements

Spoiler

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500(3.3GHz and above)/ AMD FX™-6100 (3.3GHz and above)
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 / AMD Radeon™ R9 280
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 100 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectSound® compatible sound card, Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos support
    • Additional Notes: 720p 30fps
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770(3.4GHz and above)/ AMD FX™-8350(4.0 GHz and above)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM / Radeon™ RX 480
    • Sound Card: DirectSound® compatible sound card, Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos support
    • Additional Notes: 1080p 30fps

Your CPU is definitely causing a bottleneck. You likely can't make the best use of you GPU, maybe unless it's a mobile version and not the desktop one. Right now is a terrible time to get RAM or GPUs thanks to phone companies and miners. I want to upgrade my RAM myself to 64GB (4x16), but have to wait for MSRP to stabilize.

I hate to brag, but as far as I tested, I'm getting 60fps on high with all Nvidia settings on. Using a 1920x1080 monitor, and another 2560x1080p monitor wasting resources on the side. Memory is at 53%, and GPU at 56%. Wish it showed CPU usage. It performs better than I thought it would. Playing with Japanese audio, English text and subtitles enabled, and the HomeTheader option.

My System

Spoiler

Motherboard: Asus X99 WS-E

CPU: 5820K 6-core 3.3 (3.6 turbo) OC-4.5 ghz water cooled

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB

Memory: HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB (4x8) 2666 ghz

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM (future proofed)

SSD: Samsung - 840 PRO 256gb (OS), 840 PRO 256GB (software), 840 EVO 1TB (Games), and 850 PRO 1TB (Unreal Engine and DEV Recourse storage)

HDD: 2x HGST DeskStar 3TB 7200 RPM (Raid 1 - videos and backup storage)

Audio: Creative SoundBlasterX7 (white), and Sennheiser HD650 headphones

1 hour ago, NightroModzz said:

System Requirements

Reveal hidden contents

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500(3.3GHz and above)/ AMD FX™-6100 (3.3GHz and above)
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 / AMD Radeon™ R9 280
    • Additional Notes: 720p 30fps
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770(3.4GHz and above)/ AMD FX™-8350(4.0 GHz and above)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM / Radeon™ RX 480
    • Additional Notes: 1080p 30fps

Your CPU is definitely causing a bottleneck. You likely can't make the best use of you GPU, maybe unless it's a mobile version and not the desktop one. Right now is a terrible time to get RAM or GPUs thanks to phone companies and miners. I want to upgrade my RAM myself to 64GB (4x16), but have to wait for MSRP to stabilize.

I hate to brag, but as far as I tested, I'm getting 60fps on high with all Nvidia settings on. Using a 1920x1080 monitor, and another 2560x1080p monitor wasting resources on the side. Memory is at 53%, and GPU at 56%. Wish it showed CPU usage. It performs better than I thought it would. Playing with Japanese audio, English text and subtitles enabled, and the HomeTheader option.

My System

Reveal hidden contents

Motherboard: Asus X99 WS-E

CPU: 5820K 6-core 3.3 (3.6 turbo) OC-4.5 ghz water cooled

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB

Memory: HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB (4x8) 2666 ghz

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM (future proofed)

SSD: Samsung - 840 PRO 256gb (OS), 840 PRO 256GB (software), 840 EVO 1TB (Games), and 850 PRO 1TB (Unreal Engine and DEV Recourse storage)

HDD: 2x HGST DeskStar 3TB 7200 RPM (Raid 1 - videos and backup storage)

Audio: Creative SoundBlasterX7 (white), and Sennheiser HD650 headphones

Yeah, my CPU causes a bottleneck and bad fps in every newer game. I can't afford a new CPU though...new motherboard...new ram...new power supply...just too expensive. I am on disability, but I get so little that it pretty much all goes to rent and bills. Funny enough, I'd get MORE money if I lived somewhere outside of California AND live cheaper at the same time. But I can't afford to move either rofl.

But as for the game. I put TRAM to low and the GPU video ram usage went down to 88% on average. Loading into the game starts off low, then builds up. It was actually around 97% at its peak, but even higher with the HD textures installed and NOT active. They probably still sorta load into the game. But 88% isn't bad and stability is very good. For how bad my CPU is, I thought performance be a lot worse.

Funny enough though...it performs better than fallout 4 (without mods) for me. And runs better than Assassin's Creed Origins. Probably cause FO4 (and Skyrim) use mostly the CPU, not GPU.

12 hours ago, strapjob said:

I think the mod is the works where it makes the game The adventures of a Millennial boy band that likes to take selfies - Is removed.

Or one can only hope :smiley:

You could always just play the Comrades multiplayer component and forget about the main game altogether like many people do with Grand Theft Auto 5.

me is this game all the same, I hate Asian Games for the simple reason, everything in these games is exorbitant exaggerated!
unrealistic fighting, 20 meter high jumps, flying in the air, shitty special effects and much more.
it is my opinion and I can well do without it. :classic_wink:

:smiley:

https://youtu.be/u19VaFODaiw

these four little id**** beat up such a HUUUUUGE Turtle, without She resisting, simple only laughable, the turtle only has to cough once and these guys flying 10 kilometers far! lachende-smileys-347.gif

Black Desert (KR) - Dark Knight Combat Trailer *I could cry*

https://youtu.be/P9sFQiuoMSI

6 hours ago, winny257 said:

me is this game all the same, I hate Asian Games for the simple reason, everything in these games is exorbitant exaggerated!
unrealistic fighting, 20 meter high jumps, flying in the air, shitty special effects and much more.
it is my opinion and I can well do without it. :classic_wink:

:smiley:

https://youtu.be/u19VaFODaiw

these four little id**** beat up such a HUUUUUGE Turtle, without She resisting, simple only laughable, the turtle only has to cough once and these guys flying 10 kilometers far! lachende-smileys-347.gif

Black Desert (KR) - Dark Knight Combat Trailer *I could cry*

https://youtu.be/P9sFQiuoMSI

Well, I don't play much Asian games, so can't defend it. The jumps in FFAXV certainly doesn't reach human height, but the main character does has a warp ability to get to his target or destination.  It's not like western games can't be accused of that either.

The Black Desert one does have a gameplay style that is similar to Devil May Cry, and with more exaggeration than DMC. I like DMC, but that seems over exaggerated and awkward to me as well. Lol, @16-20 seconds in.

To each his/her own. Get it or don't get it. Try the demo if you're not sure.

20 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Well, I don't play much Asian games, so can't defend it. The jumps in FFAXV certainly doesn't reach human height, but the main character does has a warp ability to get to his target or destination.  It's not like western games can't be accused of that either.

The Black Desert one does have a gameplay style that is similar to Devil May Cry, and with more exaggeration than DMC. I like DMC, but that seems over exaggerated and awkward to me as well. Lol, @16-20 seconds in.

To each his/her own. Get it or don't get it. Try the demo if you're not sure.

I already have Asian Game experience, I already played ArcheAge this for a very long time, this game is acceptable, not so exaggerated.

https://youtu.be/vAHWNpH9lpI

Furthermore I played Echo of Soul, but only for a short time, here begin the exaggerated effects.

https://youtu.be/PALFZZOmU5g

On 8.3.2018 at 3:05 AM, Darkening Demise said:

FF15...the EMO Simulator about a group of guys wearing black doing petty fetch quests and yet another Disney style plot of gotta stop the evil while using the power of love and reclaim the throne.

That's about what i heard. I doubt i even have enough interest to youtube it.

12 had a good story (and that's not nostalgia talking since i played it just few weeks ago) but everyone was too stupid to get it, so they reverted to So Bad. Much Evil. Wow!

3 hours ago, ToJKa said:

That's about what i heard. I doubt i even have enough interest to youtube it.

12 had a good story (and that's not nostalgia talking since i played it just few weeks ago) but everyone was too stupid to get it, so they reverted to So Bad. Much Evil. Wow!

The Final Fantasy 13 series could not really be summed up as simple battles between good and evil. It would be more accurate to say that, thematically, the three games were about:

1. Coerced assisted suicide for a god.

2. Sacrificing one's entire timeline to allow one's loved one to escape the cycle of death and rebirth.

3. Reducing the suffering of mortals in the final days of the world.

Whether or not the series did a good job of telling those stories is up to individual tastes.

Archived