Edit:

Just posting the following in case it'll help someone else:

When modding Skyrim SE (Or LE, presumably) on Linux with a ext4 or ext3 file-system, and working around Win* (NTFS/fat32) software case insensitivity and file overwrites by changing the case across all files to match (E.g all lowercase, or all uppercase), if you have trouble with SLAL it's because it's (SLAL? JCONTAINERS64 4.1.9-> 4.1.11?) case sensitive, in this one use case. E.g

SLAnims\source\example.txt

SLAnims\json\example.json

As in the original mod's SLAL pack. Don't change case (e.g batch renames with renamexm) or SLAL will NOT load it no matter how hard you try to coax it into doing so. Though the animation files themselves are NOT case sensitive. E.g MT_IDLE.HKX can be mT_iDle.hkx if you want. Cause who the fuck knows

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet and made a Skyrim SE installation, everything seems to (mostly) be working fine, but for some reason SLAL doesn't seem to properly register animations(?).

When I hit register, I press ~ and look at the logs of it registering animations, which seem to go fine. But when I go and test it, there seems to be missing animations.

For example, when testing with a horse, hitting H to bring up the Sexlab Tools menu to choose animations only lists Anub's horse animations, when there should be animations from Leito, Billy, etc thrown into the mix. Testing the masturbation animations however, seems to work as I can get what seems to be the full list of animations to show up with Sexlab Tools. 

Did anyone get this issue before? 

Additionally, Skyrim LE had this tool called SexLab Animation Tag Editor (SLATE) which I found immensely helpful to add tags (as I play a futa character :P), anyone know if something similar exists in SE? 

edit:

Checking the 'Toggle Animations' tab in Sexlab MCM shows that the animations are all registered, but most don't seem to show up when actually performing the animations (at least for horses that I've tested so far)

The number of animations registered is also below the 750/750 limit in Sexlab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I STILL want to know how to fix the skill books that quiteworking after the js##  are reapplied? Some of the book cease to work and this happens on a new game after new animation files are register and have the json stuff applied to them.  oh and hadnt read the books before I do the animations...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rolgar said:

For me it was just a simple update. It did work right after that. Currently I use "Jcontainers SE Version 4.1.12"

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16495

That's the version I'm using. I also made sure SKSE64 was updated as well.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

watch out for other mods that may have outdated copies of Jcontainers included with them.

The only mods I have are the skeleton mod, CBBE + a few presets and physics, SL mods and the compatible mods and animation packs for it (Defeat, Kidnapping, Random Sex, and then HCOS, MNC, etc.). But I might go through them all again and check them over as best as I can.

20 hours ago, youlookprettylcw said:

I'm still having this issue :( I wait eternally, literally just messed around and played for six straight hours, and it never loads. It just stays a blank page. I can't get HCOS SE to work because SLAL won't work, and I've tried just about everything.

ScreenShot18.png

Make sure you are running SLAnimGenerate (python needed) inside the mod folder. You also need to put your animation packs into the mod. 

You only need to run SLAnimGenerate any time you change the SLAL animation packs, similar to FNIS for all animations.

1 hour ago, TexasRaiderz said:

Make sure you are running SLAnimGenerate (python needed) inside the mod folder. You also need to put your animation packs into the mod. 

You only need to run SLAnimGenerate any time you change the SLAL animation packs, similar to FNIS for all animations.

umm...that has nothing to do with there problem, they are not editing SLAL packs, they can't even get SLAL to load.

this is some sort of Jcontainer related fuck up.

8 hours ago, youlookprettylcw said:

The only mods I have are the skeleton mod, CBBE + a few presets and physics, SL mods and the compatible mods and animation packs for it (Defeat, Kidnapping, Random Sex, and then HCOS, MNC, etc.). But I might go through them all again and check them over as best as I can.

as far as i know they should all be fine.

i wonder if this old bug has come back in a different form:

There was a problem if you had any Mods from CrapClub (Creation Club) installed, but that bug should be fixed in newer versions of JContainers:
the problem was you had to remove them before you could register/reregister Creature Framework based mods into Creature Framework.

but with SLAL instead of CF.

the only other thing i can think of is some sort of mod manager fuck up, like maybe Windows Security is interfering with updating/overwriting the JContainers files.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

i wonder if this old bug has come back in a different form:

but with SLAL instead of CF.

the only other thing i can think of is some sort of mod manager fuck up, like maybe Windows Security is interfering with updating/overwriting the JContainers files.

I've also tried disabling the few CC mods I have, but I'll try that again and wait longer to see if SLAL starts up. If not, I'll definitely check on my WS settings and come back here with the results.

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

there's no need to wait, if it was working right then everything in it's MCM would show up immediately.

Okay, so I ended up having to reinstall literally e v e r y single mod, but I got SLAL to work properly! I got all my animations loaded and all that, but now I'm having the issue with all the animals eternally T-posing still so I imagine I ought to hop back over to the HCOS thread for that?

Funny conversation y'all were just having, because I've had that "SLAL menu doesn't load" problem before on two computers and had JContainers on both, but for whatever reason found a maybe-could-be-possibly-unlikely-but-plausible "fix" literally yesterday. If you just go into MCM and try to open up SLAL it didn't do anything, like what youlookprettylcw seems to have happen. It was like that for me yesterday after installing and checking all my mods on a new setup. For whatever reason (probably apathetic curiosity) I just randomly clicked around the big window with the picture a few times and the smaller window on the left once or twice hoping to somehow summon SLAL.

And it actually worked.

I tried it twice to be sure. Set up all the other mods in their MCM menus, go to SLAL, see blank window on left and picture window on right, nothing happens, click a few times around inside the windows and BAM, everything loads up. I have no idea what or why, but it seems to do something for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 11:32 PM, Loony Mods said:

Funny conversation y'all were just having, because I've had that "SLAL menu doesn't load" problem before on two computers and had JContainers on both, but for whatever reason found a maybe-could-be-possibly-unlikely-but-plausible "fix" literally yesterday. If you just go into MCM and try to open up SLAL it didn't do anything, like what youlookprettylcw seems to have happen. It was like that for me yesterday after installing and checking all my mods on a new setup. For whatever reason (probably apathetic curiosity) I just randomly clicked around the big window with the picture a few times and the smaller window on the left once or twice hoping to somehow summon SLAL.

And it actually worked.

I tried it twice to be sure. Set up all the other mods in their MCM menus, go to SLAL, see blank window on left and picture window on right, nothing happens, click a few times around inside the windows and BAM, everything loads up. I have no idea what or why, but it seems to do something for me.

Okay - you win the internet today for me .... that actually worked. That is like "slam the TV a couple of times to make it work again" I suppose...

On 1/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, Loony Mods said:

And it actually worked.

Ok, all these brilliant coders and modders on this site, but someone fixed something like that by randomly clicking.  That is hilarious.

• 1 month later...

I’m having problems with sex animations intermittently not starting as repeated events are triggered. 

Usually everything works well when the first few animation start, but as the various animations are triggered, eventually there becomes a high likelihood that things get stuck right as the naked characters line up before the specific animation takes place. Most often they all coalesce/ overlap into one blob and get stuck that way. The other thing that can happen is that an animation starts but the keyboard stops being able to advance the scene. 

In both these scenarios, they can be temporarily fixed by accessing the general mod configuration menu (going into a specific mod’s menu is not needed). 

If I restart to the main menu, the animation loading problem still is frequent. I have to exit to the desktop to really reset the problem. It’s as if the animations were running out of free memory to be loaded into.  

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?  I’m not sure if it’s an SLAL issue, but that mod makes things more noticeable. 

thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having issues getting the SLAL MCM to load too. Other mods MCMs from Loverslab are working, like Fill her up, Creature Framework, and Sexlab all work fine. 

But this one just will not show up. I noticed that this mod and JContainers don't have anything in the plugins part of Vortex. 

I'm using Vortex, so I put the unzipped file in the same place the Vortex mods go. I used "7Zip" to extract it to "SLAL_SE". 

Nevermind turns out I needed to mess with the files first. 

On 3/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, DrBots said:

I'm having issues getting the SLAL MCM to load too. Other mods MCMs from Loverslab are working, like Fill her up, Creature Framework, and Sexlab all work fine. 

But this one just will not show up. I noticed that this mod and JContainers don't have anything in the plugins part of Vortex. 

I'm using Vortex, so I put the unzipped file in the same place the Vortex mods go. I used "7Zip" to extract it to "SLAL_SE". 

Nevermind turns out I needed to mess with the files first. 

How did you fix?

I noticed something several times with SLAL Animation Loader.
It sometimes loses animations and when you redo the settings in the mcm, it does not always record all the animations.
I often have to activate and register the animation packs one by one.