I seem to be having trouble installing SLAL SE, I've got the bug where you only have the MCM menu with no options in it at all, and I'm installing using Mod Organiser 2. Should I manually install it instead?

EDIT:

Turns out MO2 wasn't installing things properly. Sorry for kicking up a fuss. I just had to go and check every mod that didn't automatically find the correct data directory and point it out.

Hi guys I have no options in SLAL MCM it's just blank. Is it not compatible with FNIS XXL? I compiled :

9444 animations for 43 mods successfully included (character).
 4688 animations for 19 mods and 44 creatures successfully included..
 1 Warning(s).

Is it too much animation??

13 hours ago, wicks71 said:

Hi guys I have no options in SLAL MCM it's just blank. Is it not compatible with FNIS XXL? I compiled :

1 Warning(s).

2 things:

1)  No, that shouldn't be too many animations.  While FNIS XXL can handle 20000 animations, there is actually a lower limit (around 12000 - and that is per type:  12000 normal/12000 creature).  There are a lot of factors that determine what is the true limit and it all depends on what you have installed.  Some people run around 15000 with no issues.

2)  Fix the warning.  Any warnings you get in FNIS can cause issues.  You need to fix this.  If you are unsure how to fix, post your FNIS results here and someone can help.  To get the results, click into the results area of FNIS (the top portion), right-click, hit "select all", copy, then paste in a post here, preferably in a spoiler (use the "eye" icon in the editor area).

As for your original issue, can't help.  I've never seen this issue at all.  I've noticed thought that SSE and the MCM seem to be slower, so wait a bit after opening the MCM for SLAL and see if just takes a bit to update the display.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:25 AM, wicks71 said:

1 Warning(s).

I had the same problem but it was because I didn 't uprade JContainers

On 10/15/2018 at 9:45 PM, srayesmanll said:

2 things:

1)  No, that shouldn't be too many animations.  While FNIS XXL can handle 20000 animations, there is actually a lower limit (around 12000 - and that is per type:  12000 normal/12000 creature).  There are a lot of factors that determine what is the true limit and it all depends on what you have installed.  Some people run around 15000 with no issues.

2)  Fix the warning.  Any warnings you get in FNIS can cause issues.  You need to fix this.  If you are unsure how to fix, post your FNIS results here and someone can help.  To get the results, click into the results area of FNIS (the top portion), right-click, hit "select all", copy, then paste in a post here, preferably in a spoiler (use the "eye" icon in the editor area).

As for your original issue, can't help.  I've never seen this issue at all.  I've noticed thought that SSE and the MCM seem to be slower, so wait a bit after opening the MCM for SLAL and see if just takes a bit to update the display.

10 hours ago, Maxime777 said:

I had the same problem but it was because I didn 't uprade JContainers

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know what happened but it fixed. Maybe it's just my machine that takes forever to kick in.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me, these mods are so confusing (I'm new) and all of the people who make them seem to be under the impression everyone is a legacy player and know what these words and esoteric phrases mean. I downloaded SexLabs, where there was no mention that I would need this mod to make it function, I found that out by Googling so I downloaded this, yet no Googling has turned up anyone saying what to do next. I come from The Sims where there's a similar mod with a VERY comprehensive write-up and what all is needed and links to available animations to streamline the process for non-tech savvy people.

Basically, where do I find the animations to make this work (if I even have to find any animations)? 

12 hours ago, BeeBlack said:

Can someone help me, these mods are so confusing (I'm new) and all of the people who make them seem to be under the impression everyone is a legacy player and know what these words and esoteric phrases mean. I downloaded SexLabs, where there was no mention that I would need this mod to make it function, I found that out by Googling so I downloaded this, yet no Googling has turned up anyone saying what to do next. I come from The Sims where there's a similar mod with a VERY comprehensive write-up and what all is needed and links to available animations to streamline the process for non-tech savvy people.

Basically, where do I find the animations to make this work (if I even have to find any animations)? 

Here is a general overview of what you should need to get started. Some are here on LL, some are on Nexus. Make sure to read the requirements for each in case I forget something. Don't get mixed up and install lite versions of anything like Sexlab. This is kinda bare minimum but I think will get your started.

Mod Manager (I recommend Mod Organizer 2)

SKSE64

SkyUI
XPMSSE
Fores New Idles - FNIS 
RaceMenu 
SKEE (not sure if this is still necessary?)

Sexlab Framework Beta for SE 

Female body replacer like UNP or Caliente's Beautiful Body Enhancer (CBBE) 

SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim se (there are 2 parts, one on Nexus, one on LL)

CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions

SLAL - Sexlab animation loader

Animations (example: Billyy's) search this subforum for more. Beware animations vs poses, at this point you want animations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, McLude said:

Here is a general overview of what you should need to get started. Some are here on LL, some are on Nexus. Make sure to read the requirements for each in case I forget something. Don't get mixed up and install lite versions of anything like Sexlab. This is kinda bare minimum but I think will get your started.

Mod Manager (I recommend Mod Organizer 2)

SKSE64

SkyUI
XPMSSE
Fores New Idles - FNIS 
RaceMenu 
SKEE (not sure if this is still necessary?)

Sexlab Framework Beta for SE 

Female body replacer like UNP or Caliente's Beautiful Body Enhancer (CBBE) 

SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim se (there are 2 parts, one on Nexus, one on LL)

CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions

SLAL - Sexlab animation loader

Animations (example: Billyy's) search this subforum for more. Beware animations vs poses, at this point you want animations.

Thank you, do I really need CBP physics with collisions? Or is that just to have like boobs and butts bounce? Because I'm fairly fine with that not happening, I'm mostly using this for the realism aspect of my character being a complete person which includes sex and romance and less so for the "oh this is sexy" aspect of it. Thanks for the info, though. I have everything else and I found the beginners guide on here!

3 hours ago, BeeBlack said:

Thank you, do I really need CBP physics with collisions? Or is that just to have like boobs and butts bounce? Because I'm fairly fine with that not happening, I'm mostly using this for the realism aspect of my character being a complete person which includes sex and romance and less so for the "oh this is sexy" aspect of it. Thanks for the info, though. I have everything else and I found the beginners guide on here!

Well it also does collisions so the sex will be more realistic. You can tweak the settings so the bounce is realistic. IMO it does add to the realism but it isn't necessary.

2 hours ago, McLude said:

Well it also does collisions so the sex will be more realistic. You can tweak the settings so the bounce is realistic. IMO it does add to the realism but it isn't necessary.

Everything seems to be working fine, but using the matchmaker spells nothing happens. It says that you're irrestistible and whatever and the countdown thing shows up in the right corner (I have the animation you recommended enabled and registered), yet nothing is happening. I'm confused. 

17 minutes ago, BeeBlack said:

Everything seems to be working fine, but using the matchmaker spells nothing happens. It says that you're irrestistible and whatever and the countdown thing shows up in the right corner (I have the animation you recommended enabled and registered), yet nothing is happening. I'm confused. 

Sorry, I've never used matchmaker.

10 minutes ago, modder4711 said:

@ BeeBlack:

There are several other ways to initialize the animations:

Sexlab Random Sex SE

Sexlab Defeat (during the adventures)

or use the animation Editor of the Sexlab Menu

Can you go more into depth about the animation Editor on the Sexlab Menu. I'm not sure where to find that or how I'd work it. But thanks for the additional ways for initialize animations, I'm going to check those out and see if they work for me. 

14 minutes ago, modder4711 said:

@ BeeBlack:

There are several other ways to initialize the animations:

Sexlab Random Sex SE

Sexlab Defeat (during the adventures)

or use the animation Editor of the Sexlab Menu

After reading up on those, is there anything more....vanilla? I'm not a freaky person, I'm just using these for immersive purposes  character-wise so my character can be fully realized, which includes sex and romance, not for the town's people to randomly be having orgies (if that's not what random sex does then they need to re-write the descriptions, because that's what I got from it lol) or getting sleeping with people after attempting to kill them. That's what I mean with there doesn't something to be any other way to just initiate sex with someone and see if the animations work without using some outlandish, freaky mod. 

@ BeeBlack:

To use the animation editor in Sexlab:

First, you must select an NPC by typing N.

Then open the Sexlab menu and open the submenu of the animation editor.

Click on the upper menu bar in this menu to open another submenu.

There you can select the desired animation.

Then click on play animation.

After you have left all menus and closed, the animation begins.

2 hours ago, modder4711 said:

@ BeeBlack:

To use the animation editor in Sexlab:

First, you must select an NPC by typing N.

Then open the Sexlab menu and open the submenu of the animation editor.

Click on the upper menu bar in this menu to open another submenu.

There you can select the desired animation.

Then click on play animation.

After you have left all menus and closed, the animation begins.

Thanks, y'all are so helpful. I always use my XBox Controller, so that's why I was so confused. I'll try this out and get back to you.

It seems as if this mod was broken by the newest release of JContainers which was released today. I'm getting nothing in the MCM menu. Nothing is overwriting JContainers or SLAL.

I tried reverting to the last version, which displays the general menu, but no animations are listed. They are all in the correct places and nothing is overwriting them.

EDIT: Ok, after trying everything and even waiting in the menu for 5 minutes, it randomly loaded the animations this time with no difference in load order or anything. Only took about 13 restarts.

I did the upgrade today, jcontainers and many others.  Why Beths couldn't have put all the CC stuff into a seperate dll and leave the exe alone I don't know. 

Entering the slalsse MCM took a few seconds to load all the files but it did eventually load the full menu with all the slal packs I've got installed.

Hi everyone!
I have a problem somewhat related to SLAL SE: After installing animation packs (i.e., Billyy's SLAL Animations or Komotor) the game reliably crashes to desktop when attempting to load a save or start a new game. The other mods are surprisingly stable and deactivating the animation pack in MO2 solves the crashes. In-game SLAL and its MCM menu are functional (they load e.g. the creature animations from more nasty critters and the like). Re-installing JContainers did nothing. Running LOOT did nothing. The FNIS-limit is by no means reached.
Considering all of your games survive long enough to have issues with the MCM, I'm hoping that I just made some embarassing, but easily fixed mistake (I'm also hoping one of you can point it out to me).

Edit: Just found out: Running FNIS with the animation packs activated leads to the crashes. Just loading the .esps and stuff does not. Does anyone know why?

21 hours ago, Anariel999 said:

Hi everyone!
I have a problem somewhat related to SLAL SE: After installing animation packs (i.e., Billyy's SLAL Animations or Komotor) the game reliably crashes to desktop when attempting to load a save or start a new game. The other mods are surprisingly stable and deactivating the animation pack in MO2 solves the crashes. In-game SLAL and its MCM menu are functional (they load e.g. the creature animations from more nasty critters and the like). Re-installing JContainers did nothing. Running LOOT did nothing. The FNIS-limit is by no means reached.
Considering all of your games survive long enough to have issues with the MCM, I'm hoping that I just made some embarassing, but easily fixed mistake (I'm also hoping one of you can point it out to me).

Edit: Just found out: Running FNIS with the animation packs activated leads to the crashes. Just loading the .esps and stuff does not. Does anyone know why?

my guess is you have to many animations I had the same problem billys and komos ad a lot. i deleted both packs and had no more problems with C.T.D.s 

• 2 weeks later...