For those wondering, SLAL will not work with the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim. This is due to jcontainers (required mod for SLAL) not being updated to work with the latest preliminary release of SKSE.

JContainers SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16495

The mod author for JContainers has already mentioned they are busy and are not interested in updating until SKSE is out of it's preliminary release. Once something stable comes out from SKSE, they will look into updating JContainers. Until then, we can only sit and wait.

22 hours ago, Nimarus said:

For those wondering, SLAL will not work with the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim. This is due to jcontainers (required mod for SLAL) not being updated to work with the latest preliminary release of SKSE.

JContainers SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16495

The mod author for JContainers has already mentioned they are busy and are not interested in updating until SKSE is out of it's preliminary release. Once something stable comes out from SKSE, they will look into updating JContainers. Until then, we can only sit and wait.

So any animations outside of preset ones for SL are pretty much kaput until he (or someone else) gives us a work around or update?

I went to start a new game and - well, noticed that I wasn't able to load anything else up. I guess this was the issue I was having before. The notice I got when loading in only mentioned Creature Framework. 

Sad that JContainers won't be updated for who knows how long, the author says maybe a week but a lot can happen in that time so no telling when we'll be able to use any animation mod that needs to be loaded with SLAL (seems like a lot).

I was expecting not to use some animations maybe but after having to install about 6 packs (That I've used before) and seeing SLAL was blank was not a good sign.

You guys should've just made skyrim not update and then played it in offline mode, with whatever edition you had prior.  I figured that would happen and many mod authors actually encouraged you to not update your game.

Edit: not poking fun, everybody makes mistakes just make sure to not update next time

Edited by IamGreatBoy
1 hour ago, omegau said:

I'm having an issue. SLAL on the mod config page of the menu is empty. I have the latest (from github) Jcontainers and the proper version of SKSE. None of the animation packs are loaded even though they were installed properly.

Nevermind. I'm an idiot. It takes a handfull of seconds to load the damn menu. I was looking in, seeing only the splash screen, thinking something was wrong, and exiting. Very impatient I am.

1 hour ago, _donjulio_ said:

So the preliminary jcontainers release fixed the creature framework issues, but the SLAL tab is still empty. Does this mod need a patch, or is it a bug with jcontainers that could be fixed on that end?

I had the same issue, but it turned out that it just takes a little bit to load. Try waiting in the menu for a little bit. 5-20 seconds depending on your PC and how many animations you have installed.

Also the animations you have installed should be configured like this: Enable all and than press the Register all and wait for the pop-up message to appear inside the MCM menu of SLAL now, don't close it!! I have my animations now and its super amazing :D

22 hours ago, omegau said:

I had the same issue, but it turned out that it just takes a little bit to load. Try waiting in the menu for a little bit. 5-20 seconds depending on your PC and how many animations you have installed.

Yeah i found this out myself lol, I reinstalled SLAL and opened the MCM menu, and went to the bathroom. Came back and it was all ready! I thought something was wrong, since the last time I installed SLAL it showed up almost immediately

I am having the same issues as a bunch of people on this thread in that my SL Anim Loader is not showing any animations. Hitting "enter" and waiting a while does not solve anything for me. I noticed this quote on the Anim Loader page, "SLAnimLoader registers custom animations with SexLab.  It reads information
about the animations from Data\\SLAnims\\json\\ ," and figured that was my problem. I use Mod Organizer 2, and there is no Data\\SLAnims\\json path in my game since MO2 saves all mods in a completely different folder. I found the json folder in the MO2 mod folder, but it had nothing in it that pertained to animation packs. Do I need to copy files from the animation packs (MO2 had put them in their own folders) into the json folder? If so, which files and where do I put them? Another possible solution would be to make my own data\\slanim\\json folder tree, but again, I don't know what to put in the json folder.

10 hours ago, Sundya said:

I am having the same issues as a bunch of people on this thread in that my SL Anim Loader is not showing any animations. Hitting "enter" and waiting a while does not solve anything for me. I noticed this quote on the Anim Loader page, "SLAnimLoader registers custom animations with SexLab.  It reads information
about the animations from Data\\SLAnims\\json\\ ," and figured that was my problem. I use Mod Organizer 2, and there is no Data\\SLAnims\\json path in my game since MO2 saves all mods in a completely different folder. I found the json folder in the MO2 mod folder, but it had nothing in it that pertained to animation packs. Do I need to copy files from the animation packs (MO2 had put them in their own folders) into the json folder? If so, which files and where do I put them? Another possible solution would be to make my own data\\slanim\\json folder tree, but again, I don't know what to put in the json folder.

I think I got it figured out. I just had to make sure all of my versions were right. In my case, the set I needed was: the jcontainer from this link (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16495?tab=files), skse 2.0.19, and skyrimse 1.5.97. Hope this helps someone avoid all of the hours I put into this...

On 12/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, _donjulio_ said:

So the preliminary jcontainers release fixed the creature framework issues, but the SLAL tab is still empty. Does this mod need a patch, or is it a bug with jcontainers that could be fixed on that end?

Strange, I am still having Creature Framework tell me that JContainers is not present.  SLAL still does not work. SlaveTats says I do not have JContainers 3.x or greater.

I do have JContainers SE 4.2.0 installed from GitHub. I guess I better go double check the install of JContainers did not go astray.  Please post if you have any ideas on this or are seeing similar.

2 minutes ago, iquitous said:

Strange, I am still having Creature Framework tell me that JContainers is not present.  SLAL still does not work. SlaveTats says I do not have JContainers 3.x or greater.

I do have JContainers SE 4.2.0 installed from GitHub. I guess I better go double check the install of JContainers did not go astray.  Please post if you have any ideas on this or are seeing similar.

Never mind, I am a total moron.

If you have JContainers SE 4.2.0, and you remember to install it after your like 5th attempt to rebuild your Skyrim in the wake of AE, then SlaveTats, Creature Framework and SL Anim Loader all work perfectly. (Well need to play test, but they load and there are no errors.)

Sorry.

Hey! Im on Skyrimse 1.5.97, skse 2.0.19 and the most recent JContainers. I updated as many of my SL files as I could find, it works at the most basic level but I cant get the animation loader to show in the MCM. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Well I figured it out with the old Creature framework solution! Start game with Animation loader installed, save and exit, disable Animation loader and save again, clean save with FallrimTools, reenable Animation loader and it registered when I loaded skyrim back up! Hope this helps somebody!

Edited by LucidPariah