21 hours ago, Dweny said:

What is the correct load order, I am getting T-posed, I already ran FNIS, but it keeps happening, it makes me think that I have wrong loading order.

Only core mod contains animations. In my experience usually related to missing animation files rather than load order. (Perhaps check you installed a full version eg 4.0 and not only an update. Also check the FNIS warnings.)

But to answer your question:

SCB  (the core esm) should be loaded after zaz & before the plugins.  If installed, BAD should come after integration and DB and WMP should come after BAD.

So I am doing the "Hunt for Red Octobreath" quest (which I guess is new?  I don't see a lot of chatter about it).  I captured Red the Bandit Spy, went and did some other things, and came back to the jail when I was prompted.  I told the interrogator when city the other spy is in and...nothing about the quest updated.  It still says something along the lines of "Return to the interrogator."  Did I miss something?

On 3/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, MTB said:

Only core mod contains animations. In my experience usually related to missing animation files rather than load order. (Perhaps check you installed a full version eg 4.0 and not only an update. Also check the FNIS warnings.)

But to answer your question:

SCB  (the core esm) should be loaded after zaz & before the plugins.  If installed, BAD should come after integration and DB and WMP should come after BAD.

I checked the FNIS log and realized I installed the wrong version of the mod. I installed LE instead of SE    x)

13 hours ago, setokiaba said:

So I am doing the "Hunt for Red Octobreath" quest (which I guess is new?  I don't see a lot of chatter about it).  I captured Red the Bandit Spy, went and did some other things, and came back to the jail when I was prompted.  I told the interrogator when city the other spy is in and...nothing about the quest updated.  It still says something along the lines of "Return to the interrogator."  Did I miss something?

That is indeed the newest mini quest, so some bugs are likely, eg this objective should of course complete at that point. But basically this is the end of the quest (for now anyways); it should complete after some time (once they have had a chance to check out your info).

Hey, I'm new to the adult side of Skyrim mods, but have recently set up Skyrim VR with SexLab (with v8 VR patch) and a bunch of 'Devious' mods. It seems to be working well, with the exception of Chain Beasts, which is a massive shame, because it's honestly the reason I installed everything else!

The issue I have is when captured, and forced to walk/crawl. I can see my feet/lower body is trying to move, but my body remains stuck to my current location with no ability to move.

The way SexLab VR patch works, it detects when a SexLab animation is being played, and forces the player into the perspective of the body, preventing issues with VRIK. I wondered if it's possible to do the same here? I want to be able to watch myself be forced to walk/crawl. I've tried disabling VRIK, which enables my character to move (sometimes), but my perspective stays stuck to the same location (essentially watch myself get transported away in 3rd person still unable to move)

I managed to get caught by a Chain spider, which successfully moves my character, but when VRIK is still active it makes my body fold up weirdly.

I have managed to find VR patches/fixes for most other mods, but nothing for this one, but I'm hoping I just missed something? What I'm hoping is that I can get the forced perspective that activates in SexLab animations to activate on Chain Beast capture..

Anyway, the parts that do work (everything outside of locomotion) is incredible, so thank you regardless!

Okay I've found a solution for being captured in VR

- go to VRIK mod configuration menu

- click to see more options

- scroll down, disable body, posture, head, arms and hands

- set height to body: true

- set lock HMD to body: 1

- set inner & outer limit: 0

- set lock speed as high as you are willing to stand there holding down the stick. seriously takes about a minute to get the highest value

if you a in chain bondage crawling, you have to turn your head to face which ever way your body is trying to get to. you can look down and see where your feet are trying to turn to. this can get tedious, due to pathfinding sometimes requiring small turns, so expect frequent stop and starts

it would be neat if anyone has any better solutions!

On 3/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, nuffnuffhojpoj said:

The issue I have is when captured, and forced to walk/crawl. I can see my feet/lower body is trying to move, but my body remains stuck to my current location with no ability to move.

Don't have VR so can only point at location where one could try to hook in for a patch, should anyone want to try to create one.  Sounds like VR has incompatibility with the DisablePlayerControl and/or SetPlayerAIDriven that SCB uses to take control of the player. 

This is done by  Function PlayerEnabled( bool b = true )   in  SCB_InitScript

On 3/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, nuffnuffhojpoj said:

SexLab VR patch works, it detects when a SexLab animation is being played, and forces the player into the perspective of the body

Likely different type of animations;  SCB uses motion animation overrides while I assume SL uses idles.  Not sure if that impacts how the patch would works, but if anyone wants to try:  The method used to start/stop crawling and/or riding animations is

Function crawl( Actor victim, Bool active, int index = 0 )  in   SCB_InitScript

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, MTB said:

Hide contents

No should happen when ever you run away. (or are late returning from an errand.) Objective should read something like "return or avoid wrath".

You need to be near a summon point (eg a mine, trap or default destination) when a new action interval ends and then a beast will be summoned...

At least that is what is supposed to happen...

Spoiler

A huge prison chain beast carried my PC back to the cave! ?

and... Thanks for the Update.

I think I played now thru the SCB main quest and it's side quests.

Good time to uninstall -> clean save -> install new SCB version, to do it all over again.

Spoiler

Why did I feel so bad after my revenge on those ungrateful - soon to be married - NPC?

@MTB

Thanks for the update and keeping going with this

As an aside, have you visited Markarth lately?

Not sure exactly where the spawn points are but there always seem to be 3 or 4 beasts roaming about between the main gates and the junction at the bridge.  And TRAINS of captured NPCs.  They even queue up at the punishment points.  I think I've seen, at the one time, as many as 8 crawling about or trying to jump on to the various entertainments.  If you doubled, or even trebled those, they'd be full almost all the time.  And the litter problem... there are belongings boxes scattered everywhere.  And every NPC in sight is wearing your heavy duty fashion jewellery.... Even the poor old caravaning khajjits turn up elsewhere wearing it  ?

But please don't change anything, unless it's to add the odd extra pillory etc.   It's priceless!  SCB is as much fun as any mod in this place .... LOL  

So thanks....

19 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Not sure exactly where the spawn points are

It's the SCB trap (silver chain beasts)  on the bridge to the "Left hand mine" settlement.

If you have a bounty you would see golden chain beasts spawning.

You can prevent the trap triggered chain beasts to constantly getting spawned if you change the settings in MCM who can trigger traps.

(now if I could remember the correct name for the trap trigger option in the MCM ?)

21 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

now if I could remember the correct name for the trap trigger option in the MCM

group "Who can trigger standard traps"  of category "In The Wild - Traps"  in the plugin tab.

(you're talking about disabling the "Valid targets" option.)

21 hours ago, donkeywho said:

But please don't change anything, unless it's to add the odd extra pillory etc.  

Hmm, yes that area may need to a few extra punishment options; traffic jams are bad for the environment and the economy and annoying if you get stuck in them...

Spoiler

22 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Why did I feel so bad after my revenge on those ungrateful - soon to be married - NPC?

Better find a nicer way to resolve it this time around. 

Though, if they are still `soon to be married', then you weren't being too mean (to them anyway) ...

On 4/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, macnchz said:

this would be interesting to add Dwarven_Devious_Cuirass_Variations as an alternate

(Response seems to have failed - trying again...)

Here is what can be done quickly with some bodyslide magic. This has a few limitations - addressing those would require more advanced magic and/or changing the outfit (settings) in the mod itself ;  cant promise I'll do those.

Attached plugin allows you to replace the crawler (only the one for the simple chainbeast) with either the `Main Variable A or Main Variable B' option.

How to use: 

- Have SCB and DDDCV installed then install this.

- Build your crawler choice in bodyslide. (Select group SCB_UUNP to easily find.)

- Profit.

To chance back: 

- Ensure you have the SCB bodyslide files installed (one of the options in the installer).

- Build the original option again in bodyslide. (Select group SCB_UUNP to easily find.)

- Profit.

Limitations:

- The hands will not look like they are in the right place  (the hands mesh is replaced by the DDDCV but not by the SCB outfit).

- Retextures the mesh for different metal variations of the beasts will not work; may simply not show any difference of a few parts of the mesh may have a different color but not the entire mesh/correct parts.

- inventory/ground model will not match the equipped model.

Other replacements:

- To also replace the SCB gag with one of the DDDCV ones, copy:

meshes\devious\dwarven\Variants\DwarvenDD_helmGag_1 Bright.nif
(or one of: ...\DwarvenDD_helmMask1_1 Bright.nif  , ...\DwarvenDD_helmMask2_1 Bright.nif , ...\DwarvenDD_helm_1 Bright.nif)
to:
meshes\SCB\SCB_IronMask.nif

And, if you want it to look the same in inventory/on ground the corresponding ground model
( ...\Dwarven DD Helm Gag Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Mask1 Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Mask2 Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Open Bright GND.nif )

to:
meshes\SCB\SCB_IronMaskWM.nif

- To use other body models (eg DwarvenDD Variant E1-A.osp) and/or replace the gemmed crawler as well/instead:

open up \CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\DwarvenDD Variant E1-A.osp in a text editor

change slidername to something new eg

<SliderSet name="DwarvenDD Variant E1-A">  becomes   <SliderSet name="SCB-DwarvenDD Variant E1-A">

change output directory to SCB:

<OutputPath>meshes\devious\dwarven\Variants</OutputPath>  becomes <OutputPath>meshes\SCB</OutputPath>

and outputfile to SCB_Crawler01 for simple crawler or to SCB_Crawler02-ribcage for the one with ribcage and gem.

<OutputFile GenWeights="true">DwarvenDD_body E1-A</OutputFile> becomes <OutputFile GenWeights="true">SCB_Crawler01</OutputFile>

To easily find it in bodyslide you could add the new slider name you just created to

\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups\SCB-UUNP-groups.xml

(Just copy the lines for one of the names and replace the name by the one you chose above (2x))

-  The collar uses unchanged Zaz mesh.You could create an adapted DwarvenDD Seam Collar.osp  to output to

file:  CollarIronFemale.nif

dir:  Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Accessories\Restraints\02ZAZ - IronShackles\

(or simply by copying  ...\DwarvenDD Seam Collar_0.nif  and ...\DwarvenDD Seam Collar_1.nif  to

Data\Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Accessories\Restraints\02ZAZ - IronShackles\CollarIronFemale_0/1.nif  after building the DDDCV collar in bodyslide) 

but that would change all of those, not just the ones in SCB.

SCB_DDDCV_preview.7z

2 hours ago, MTB said:

Here is what can be done quickly with some bodyslide magic. This has a few limitations - addressing those would require more advanced magic and/or changing the outfit (settings) in the mod itself ;  cant promise I'll do those.

Attached plugin allows you to replace the crawler (only the one for the simple chainbeast) with either the `Main Variable A or Main Variable B' option.

How to use: 

- Have SCB and DDDCV installed then install this.

- Build your crawler choice in bodyslide. (Select group SCB_UUNP to easily find.)

- Profit.

To chance back: 

- Ensure you have the SCB bodyslide files installed (one of the options in the installer).

- Build the original option again in bodyslide. (Select group SCB_UUNP to easily find.)

- Profit.

Limitations:

- The hands will not look like they are in the right place  (the hands mesh is replaced by the DDDCV but not by the SCB outfit).

- Retextures the mesh for different metal variations of the beasts will not work; may simply not show any difference of a few parts of the mesh may have a different color but not the entire mesh/correct parts.

- inventory/ground model will not match the equipped model.

Other replacements:

- To also replace the SCB gag with one of the DDDCV ones, copy:

meshes\devious\dwarven\Variants\DwarvenDD_helmGag_1 Bright.nif
(or one of: ...\DwarvenDD_helmMask1_1 Bright.nif  , ...\DwarvenDD_helmMask2_1 Bright.nif , ...\DwarvenDD_helm_1 Bright.nif)
to:
meshes\SCB\SCB_IronMask.nif

And, if you want it to look the same in inventory/on ground the corresponding ground model
( ...\Dwarven DD Helm Gag Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Mask1 Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Mask2 Bright GND.nif or ...\Dwarven DD Helm Open Bright GND.nif )

to:
meshes\SCB\SCB_IronMaskWM.nif

- To use other body models (eg DwarvenDD Variant E1-A.osp) and/or replace the gemmed crawler as well/instead:

open up \CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\DwarvenDD Variant E1-A.osp in a text editor

change slidername to something new eg

<SliderSet name="DwarvenDD Variant E1-A">  becomes   <SliderSet name="SCB-DwarvenDD Variant E1-A">

change output directory to SCB:

<OutputPath>meshes\devious\dwarven\Variants</OutputPath>  becomes <OutputPath>meshes\SCB</OutputPath>

and outputfile to SCB_Crawler01 for simple crawler or to SCB_Crawler02-ribcage for the one with ribcage and gem.

<OutputFile GenWeights="true">DwarvenDD_body E1-A</OutputFile> becomes <OutputFile GenWeights="true">SCB_Crawler01</OutputFile>

To easily find it in bodyslide you could add the new slider name you just created to

\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups\SCB-UUNP-groups.xml

(Just copy the lines for one of the names and replace the name by the one you chose above (2x))

-  The collar uses unchanged Zaz mesh.You could create an adapted DwarvenDD Seam Collar.osp  to output to

file:  CollarIronFemale.nif

dir:  Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Accessories\Restraints\02ZAZ - IronShackles\

(or simply by copying  ...\DwarvenDD Seam Collar_0.nif  and ...\DwarvenDD Seam Collar_1.nif  to

Data\Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Accessories\Restraints\02ZAZ - IronShackles\CollarIronFemale_0/1.nif  after building the DDDCV collar in bodyslide) 

but that would change all of those, not just the ones in SCB.

SCB_DDDCV_preview.7z 30.19 kB · 0 downloads

Not something that would interest me at all, but worth a really really BIG shout out for a mod author who looks after his audience!  10/10

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Not something that would interest me at all, but worth a really really BIG shout out for a mod author who looks after his audience!  10/10

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It is awesome to see that!  Freaking Awesome!  

4 hours ago, MTB said:

Here is what can be done quickly with some bodyslide magic......................................

WOW.  I have never had a response like this to a suggestion for a mod author.  THANK YOU!  I'm floored, honestly.  

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some help here. Since S.l.u.t.s. has continued development under Sluts resume, the SCB-sluts patch does not work anymore due to the esp being named differently -.-'.

I tried to fix this by re-creating the plugin with the new sluts esp as a dependency, Trying to follow the original patch as close as possible.

However I cannot get it to work, whenever I spawn in a chainbeast they keep on being hostile.

I am not experienced enough in modding yet to be able to debug and find where I went wrong, so any insights/pointers/tutorials are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please find the current version attached

Thank you in advance.

SCB-SLUTS resume patch.7z

No clue about how that patch is made but I guess I should note that to patch Resume, you technically just need to check for a faction called "SLUTS Data JobFaction"

All actors on duty are in that faction, including the player while on a haul

(if I get that right and the only issue is that the chainguys get hostile towards you which breaks sluts)

2 hours ago, Scrab said:

No clue about how that patch is made but I guess I should note that to patch Resume, you technically just need to check for a faction called "SLUTS Data JobFaction"

All actors on duty are in that faction, including the player while on a haul

(if I get that right and the only issue is that the chainguys get hostile towards you which breaks sluts)

The original script extended the SLUTS_"cart spell" with an extra effect that triggered a script. Said script would then set the actor as scanned and remove it from the SCB_Target faction.

On the SLUTS_"restore" spell a script was added that would reverse these actions so the player would be targetable again.

Since the hauling always starts and ends with this spell it seemed an easier solution than trying to scan for the "SLUTS Data JobFaction", but I can look into that.

You are indeed correct that I only try to fix the issue where the Chainbeasts are hostile during a SLUTS-job to avoid breaking it. (It is not that important and I can live without it, but since there was a patch I figured, might as well give it a shot and see if I can update it to the new SLUTS-mod)

6 hours ago, Mytherious said:

Since the hauling always starts and ends with this spell it seemed an easier solution than trying to scan for the "SLUTS Data JobFaction", but I can look into that.

Im assuming that all the chainguys are in some sort of "chainguys faction"? If so, all you have to do is add the SLUTS_Data_JobFaction as a friendfaction to the chainguys faction and vice versa. You could technically do that in a 3 Liner in PlayerLoadGame Event

Its much easier than trying to edit my scripts and should be more reliable as it would exclude some NPC which may have the same issues as the player too if something happens to "capture" them :)

6 hours ago, Scrab said:

Im assuming that all the chainguys are in some sort of "chainguys faction"? If so, all you have to do is add the SLUTS_Data_JobFaction as a friendfaction to the chainguys faction and vice versa. You could technically do that in a 3 Liner in PlayerLoadGame Event

Its much easier than trying to edit my scripts and should be more reliable as it would exclude some NPC which may have the same issues as the player too if something happens to "capture" them :)

That faction is: SCB_FactionBeast

Likely setting that to friend with SLUTS_Data_JobFaction would do the trick.  (I don't remember what happens if the NPC has both a friend and an enemy faction, so needs testing to see if that works.)

Possible side effect would be if an NPC on a job sees you attacking a chain beast and the NPC has `helps friends and allies' set in their AI, they may become hostile to you.  (The beasts are set to only help allies not friends so the other way around should not be an issue.)   The calm spell in the MCM>debug menu could be used to resolve this when it happens.

I don't know if there are many NPC in the job faction so how likely such an event is.

Preventing this (if even worth the effort) would instead require the dynamic management approach used in the old patch;

on entering jobfaction: Ensure SCB_FactionScanned is up to date (set faction rank to current value; i.e. LastCloakUpdate from SCB_CloakSettingsScript attached to CB_InitQuest) and then remove from SCB_TargetFaction

on leaving jobfaction: Remove from SCB_FactionScanned  (next beast encounter will add target faction if needed)

I've just added a mod event to support this without creating dependencies (completely untested):

SCB_Targetable  numarg <= 0 -> no longer targetable,   > 0  -> targetable again (other settings will be checked)).

On adding actor to job:           actor.sendModEvent( "SCB_Targetable" , "", -1.0 )

On removing actor from job:   actor.sendModEvent( "SCB_Targetable" , "", 1.0 )

(attached script, likely needs a clean save ensure the updated version of the scrip is used.)

(This has some other limitations like if the target settings in MCM are changed this setting is lost, or if multiple other mods use this event then they could interfere with each other...)

Edit 2: Think I found a way to do it without needing the events and without the possible side effects...will think it out a bit and see whether it really works.

SCB_InitScript.pex

7 hours ago, Scrab said:

That is a very good point actually, I had not considered NPC as faction relationships (shows how new I am to the stuff).

3 hours ago, MTB said:

That faction is: SCB_FactionBeast

Likely setting that to friend with SLUTS_Data_JobFaction would do the trick.  (I don't remember what happens if the NPC has both a friend and an enemy faction, so needs testing to see if that works.)

Possible side effect would be if an NPC on a job sees you attacking a chain beast and the NPC has `helps friends and allies' set in their AI, they may become hostile to you.  (The beasts are set to only help allies not friends so the other way around should not be an issue.)   The calm spell in the MCM>debug menu could be used to resolve this when it happens.

I don't know if there are many NPC in the job faction so how likely such an event is.

Preventing this (if even worth the effort) would instead require the dynamic management approach used in the old patch;

on entering jobfaction: Ensure SCB_FactionScanned is up to date (set faction rank to current value; i.e. LastCloakUpdate from SCB_CloakSettingsScript attached to CB_InitQuest) and then remove from SCB_TargetFaction

on leaving jobfaction: Remove from SCB_FactionScanned  (next beast encounter will add target faction if needed)

I've just added a mod event to support this without creating dependencies (completely untested):

SCB_Targetable  numarg <= 0 -> no longer targetable,   > 0  -> targetable again (other settings will be checked)).

On adding actor to job:           actor.sendModEvent( "SCB_Targetable" , "", -1.0 )

On removing actor from job:   actor.sendModEvent( "SCB_Targetable" , "", 1.0 )

(attached script, likely needs a clean save ensure the updated version of the scrip is used.)

(This has some other limitations like if the target settings in MCM are changed this setting is lost, or if multiple other mods use this event then they could interfere with each other...)

Edit 2: Think I found a way to do it without needing the events and without the possible side effects...will think it out a bit and see whether it really works.

SCB_InitScript.pex 40.47 kB · 0 downloads

I can play around a bit on my SSE testsetup with a clean save and see if the script works.

3 hours ago, MTB said:

Ok, it works.  There are two issues that needed to be addressed:

- SCB needs to know what to do with members of  a special faction when updating its Target Faction.

I've addressed this in the core method that checks whether someone is a valid target, adding an `ignore any members of this faction option'.  (This only supports one faction as of now but this is easily extendable should there be a need.)

- SCB needs to be triggered to actually update its Target Faction for anyone that is added to/removed from the special faction.

The attached example plugin `special faction demo' SCB_SFD does this for a sample special faction SCB_SFD_SpecialFactionTest

To known whether this faction changed since the last time an actor was scanned, SCB_SFD maintains a `tracker faction' that should have the same membership status as the faction that it tracks.  If they differ SCB knows it needs to reevaluate the victim. 

So after faction membership changes chain beasts should update their aggression after a couple of seconds.

To create a SLUTS resume plugin from this, simply replace any use of SCB_SFD_SpecialFactionTest by SLUTS_Data_JobFaction.

40 minutes ago, Mytherious said:

That is a very good point actually, I had not considered NPC as faction relationships (shows how new I am to the stuff).

I can play around a bit on my SSE testsetup with a clean save and see if the script works.

Note that this script only added support for mod events, they would still need to be called somewhere.  This new plugin demo does away with the need for such events altogether  (but of course still needs to be converted to work for the SLUT Resume specific faction).

SCB_SFD.7z

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Ok, it works.  There are two issues that needed to be addressed:

- SCB needs to know what to do with members of  a special faction when updating its Target Faction.

I've addressed this in the core method that checks whether someone is a valid target, adding an `ignore any members of this faction option'.  (This only supports one faction as of now but this is easily extendable should there be a need.)

- SCB needs to be triggered to actually update its Target Faction for anyone that is added to/removed from the special faction.

The attached example plugin `special faction demo' SCB_SFD does this for a sample special faction SCB_SFD_SpecialFactionTest

To known whether this faction changed since the last time an actor was scanned, SCB_SFD maintains a `tracker faction' that should have the same membership status as the faction that it tracks.  If they differ SCB knows it needs to reevaluate the victim. 

So after faction membership changes chain beasts should update their aggression after a couple of seconds.

To create a SLUTS resume plugin from this, simply replace any use of SCB_SFD_SpecialFactionTest by SLUTS_Data_JobFaction.

Note that this script only added support for mod events, they would still need to be called somewhere.  This new plugin demo does away with the need for such events altogether  (but of course still needs to be converted to work for the SLUT Resume specific faction).

SCB_SFD.7z 28.7 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks a lot for the example file, I replaced all the entries as instructed and it worked like a charm.

The beasts did not attack whilst on the job, but were aggresive as usual as soon as it was finished. Unfortunately I did not have the time for more extensive testing (will do that later)

I attached the file to save other people the trouble.

@MTB and @Scrab thank you for the insights, the patience and the explanations, I learned a lot.

SCB_SLUTSRes_Patch.7z

The concept behind this mod is extremely good, but the player experience is... rough. My experience with this mod:

Get caught by a chain beast. Get marched towards some unknown destination.
Me: Cool!
Continue to get marched for what feels like an hour and a half.

Me: Does this ever end or...?

Finally, get put into a device next to a building and chain beast immediately dies to other NPCs.

Me: Was that supposed to happen?

later...

I'm trying to kill a chain beast in melee. A few hits and I'm fully restrained.
Me: How the hell do you kill these things..?

Once the punishment is over. All my gear is gone. I find an axe and try to kill the chain beast in order to get it back. Chain beast hits me one time and all my gear is unequipped. Another hit and I'm fully restrained.
Me: Wtf? How is it possible to win?

Once punishment is over, I try again and after two hits am restrained. Manage to escape but am still restrained. Try to remove or struggle out of the bindings, but there is no option to do so.
Me: How do I get this stuff off?
I try waiting for hours. Maybe it's time-release? 8 hours later, am still restrained.

Me: ....??

Unable to get restraints off, I reload an earlier save...

later...

Am walking through Windhelm. A guard pulls a bow out and I fall down. The hell? I see a popup saying I need to get the chains off. Huh? Turns out I have ankle chains on. I guess I walked into a trap or something? Well, I'm in town this time, so I go to a blacksmith. There's a dialogue option related to getting the chains off. I press it.
Blacksmith: Yeah I'm not helping you.
Me: ????????

I start looking in debug mcm for something. I spawn a melting book, which will let me melt off the chains. I open the book. It doesn't do anything.
Me: What do I do with this??
I talk to the blacksmith again now that I have the magic book.
Blacksmith: Lmao still not helping.
Me: WTF?

I look up the mod to see how you are supposed to remove restraints.
Guide: Just kill the chain beast.
Me: In restraints?? I don't even know how it's possible to kill them normally as a melee character, much less when restrained!!
Guide: Or talk to a blacksmith.
Me: omfg. Which one?? Is it random??
Go to LL, write annoyed POV.