On 4/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, HermausMoron said:

Tried testing latest version, the beasts were invisible, didn't appear in the Riften sewers, and looking at the conjuring spellbook crashed my game.

>Tried testing latest version, the beasts were invisible,  
Not sure what causes that.  The beast meshes are relatively large so perhaps that is an issue or something with the textures (but then I'd expect them to be odd color, not invisible like the rusty ones being pink (was issue with flags in nif which I've corrected for next release)).
>didn't appear in the Riften sewers,
Do you mean the mines are not there or do the chainbeasts not appear when you activate the mines? 

If the former, are the ZAP furnitures there?

> and looking at the conjuring spellbook crashed my game.
Really odd; all I did here was change the cover texture. (I don't think it changed from previous version.)

Things to try:
- basics; double check requirements, test fresh save or new game to be safe.
- Is there anything overriding riften sewers lower in your load order?
- What happens in the test zone; do the chainbeast appear there, are all invisible, also the different variant (try gold mine).

(From what I've seem I'm supposed to ask you to include your load order but as I would not be able to tell you anything from that I won't ;) )

23 minutes ago, MTB said:

I have added a work around attempt (max-strip-size variable for player inventory only; set -1 for no limit 0 for no stripping, n for strip at most n items).
Any idea what around where the critical size typically lies so I can preset it to a sensible value?

Honestly no clue as to the "critical" size, I'd assume it is something that depends totally on how script-heavy someone's load order is and stuff like papyrus settings and CPU power.  However, simply having the option to have no inventory removed and just stuff being unequipped would be enough to avoid this issue for me, so thanks for making an effort on that.  I'm just very aware of doing my best to avoid my save getting any stack dumps after losing a few too many saves to the slow death of papyrus errors and lag making them unstable/unplayable.

IMO if you want a "strip up to X items" option, go with whatever you think is a good number gameplay wise.  I don't believe I've ever seen a stack dump from mods that strip out X number or type of items, such as theft mods stealing your money and items over a certain value.

• 3 weeks later...

What if no furniture is around, there is a chance to walk (crawl) to simple slavery auction? Or the person who created these monsters in the world programs them to walk players to his/her secret hideout where he/she tortures his captured victims? 

On 5/8/2018 at 5:13 AM, donutfiend said:

What if no furniture is around, there is a chance to walk (crawl) to simple slavery auction? Or the person who created these monsters in the world programs them to walk players to his/her secret hideout where he/she tortures his captured victims? 

Several nice tie-ins are possible, eg;

Law enforcement using them to capture wrong doers.

Slavers summoning chainbeasts to help them in capturing and enslaving victims.

(If only I had more time - and skill... but I'm keeping them in mind.)

Simple slavery outcome as an option is something that I would like to add.

(Don't get caught far from Riften - Its going to be loooong crawl ... ok perhaps too long so we will need some alternatives - perhaps a big ass chainbeast that carries you there ...).

57 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Your new chainbeast looks epic in size... :smile:

Idea... Fishbeasts, chainbeasts of the water. Buttplugs with a noisy chain on the end, alerting enemies as you jingle jangle your way through dungeons... :classic_blush:

Fishbeast interesting, a little worried that they might rust ;).   Might keep people out of the water if there are devious nasties swimming around that could attach. Will have to look which fish-chain mesh combinations make sense.

Some thoughts, plans and issues that I ran into (potential spoilers)

In making the `mobile prison beast' I tried to make the cart hang from the beast so I could use it as a vehicle for the prisoners (changing the cart mesh and the sitting animation should then allow a cage/multiple cages being carried by the beast and filled with player/NPCs (at least in appearance)) but then it flails about uncontrollably no matter what settings I try in the cart nif.

Giving up on that unless someone has some revealing insights on how to fix the cart to the tether point instead of jumping about... or some other ideas on how to have multiple riders.

Or even getting a single rider to look better...

Can have the beast pull an ordinary but caged-cart; that basically works but does not look all that great yet.

Another thing I've been working on is a way to basically turn any armor set into a basic beast - by equipping it on an invisible body and make that run or crawl. This allows creating all kinds of `moving chains'. I plan to add an attack that will equip that armor(set) onto the victim. (You can see what is coming your way-if its something nasty better make a run for it...).  This would be very flexible but requires more testing, to see whether it really works and whether it actually looks good.

I'm thinking about a quest dungeon as capture outcome/for obtaining chainbeast spells.

Trying to make a chainbeast specific puzzle pillar but unfortunately my artistic skills are not up to the job.

(The crude texturing of the spell tomes might already have given that away - texturing is not my thing.).

Possible puzzles:

Spoiler

A puzzle element could by placing things in order they happen in the capture (eg order in which restraints get added, or events relate to the mine, beast and furniture.)

Another could be using doors to trap beasts and create a save path.

And others but that's enough of a spoiler already in case I ever get to it...

Finally I'm working on a changed capture coding (based on improved version of the recover quest (*)) that will allow basically unlimited nr of victims (well upto 99 anyways, with another 99 waiting). 198 victims should be enough for anyone ;)

I had a lot of trouble dynamically coding destinations-Nearly everything in the CK is statically defined, and most parameters are not accessible from scripts. So much so that I resorted to making several copies of everything.

But now I found a way to at least reuse packages: Faction-rank is useful for storing a dynamically assigned index of a particular actor (User Vars could also be used but that runs the risk of conflicts with other mods) - one could also look up by looping over the list but that is a pain, and inefficient if using large lists.

This allows looking up the destination of a particular NPC, but this still leaves the problem of setting the right destination in the package they run. However, it seems AI packages use call be value rather than by reference w.r.t. quest aliases. This opens the way to dynamically setting package parameters and thus allow reuse of the same package for multiple actors with different settings:
-Set package to use quest alias X
-fill X,
-assign package to actor,
-fill X with new value (will not change the value for first actor as that actor already has its own copy)
-assign package to next actor, etc.
(Not sure when the values get set - upon start of package or on start of procedure - also not
sure whether they get set again on starting a new procedure - those would require another experiment...)

Enough ramblings for now.

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Simple slavery outcome as an option is something that I would like to add.

(Don't get caught far from Riften - Its going to be loooong crawl ... ok perhaps too long so we will need some alternatives - perhaps a big ass chainbeast that carries you there ...).

Or maybe, If distance > x start SS no walk event (fade to black/wake up in cell). And maybe even a short 10-20 second crawling scene before fade to black to give you the loss of control aspect even in no walk scenarios. 

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Slavers summoning chainbeasts to help them in capturing and enslaving victims.

I actually jumped into CK to try and make the spell summon more than 1 beast at a time (follower destroys a single beast with ease), and then add it to the ASIS spell.ini so some NPCs would use it in combat. Sadly though I am a noob, and could not get either to work. I might be able to figure out how to give just the Hydra slave masters the spell through CK though. 

I absolutely love this mod concept and I wish I knew more about modding if only to help implement new ideas. 

Going to try out the new version, but had an issue with the last one where the mines I placed would not walk my FC anywhere and would unequip everything but the mask. 

Also, a small suggestion that could add more to this. As some have suggested, the beasts could take the captured victim to a "creator" of the beasts. You could mod a new cell from an existing cell in the game where the beasts creator waits for you. You could place several zap and tara furnitures throughout the cell. One of those packs out there has a RIng of BDSM that could be force equipped to add to the whole sex slave aspect. With some tweaks to the beasts, they could stay equipped and randomly unlock you and move you to another furniture or they may simply wrap you up and immobilize you for some time.

One last thing, a chainbeast version of the netch and seeker could prove quite interesting.

19 hours ago, donutfiend said:

I actually jumped into CK to try and make the spell summon more than 1 beast at a time (follower destroys a single beast with ease), and then add it to the ASIS spell.ini so some NPCs would use it in combat. Sadly though I am a noob, and could not get either to work. I might be able to figure out how to give just the Hydra slave masters the spell through CK though. 

I absolutely love this mod concept and I wish I knew more about modding if only to help implement new ideas. 

The summoning spell is a standard summoning spell.  With the master-conjuration perk they may be able to summon two.   The beasts are indeed quite weak, especially for higher level characters. I hope to address that at some point but for now all my testing is with a fresh character.

For now, if you want more durable beasts, the easiest is likely to edit the chainbeast record to make them tougher (eg give them more hitpoints, resistances).    (If I remember correctly its the SCB_Chainbeast of the SCB_Chainbeastrace that gets summoned so go for those...)

15 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Going to try out the new version, but had an issue with the last one where the mines I placed would not walk my FC anywhere and would unequip everything but the mask. 

Also, a small suggestion that could add more to this. As some have suggested, the beasts could take the captured victim to a "creator" of the beasts. You could mod a new cell from an existing cell in the game where the beasts creator waits for you. You could place several zap and tara furnitures throughout the cell. One of those packs out there has a RIng of BDSM that could be force equipped to add to the whole sex slave aspect. With some tweaks to the beasts, they could stay equipped and randomly unlock you and move you to another furniture or they may simply wrap you up and immobilize you for some time.

One last thing, a chainbeast version of the netch and seeker could prove quite interesting.

Nice idea; I had not thought of the DLC creatures yet.

>would not walk my FC anywhere and would unequip everything but the mask

Also the collar gets unequipped? Leaving just the collar and the mask would be the standard post punishment action - if there is no ZAP furniture in the area then this would happen immediately.

I hope to make at least one dungeon with some gameplay, but that is something new for me again so will take time. In addition to chainbeast specific quests some hand-off to enslavement mods (like simple slavery/PAH/...) would be a suitable destination for a captured victim, especially for summoned beasts.

7 hours ago, MTB said:

The summoning spell is a standard summoning spell.  With the master-conjuration perk they may be able to summon two.   The beasts are indeed quite weak, especially for higher level characters. I hope to address that at some point but for now all my testing is with a fresh character.

For now, if you want more durable beasts, the easiest is likely to edit the chainbeast record to make them tougher (eg give them more hitpoints, resistances).    (If I remember correctly its the SCB_Chainbeast of the SCB_Chainbeastrace that gets summoned so go for those...)

Yeah I actually already did that. I also gave then double speed and that was terrifying lol. Especially if you are in a dark area because they are so hard to see, when they would do the run away and circle back thing I would lose track of them.

On 5/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, MTB said:

Nice idea; I had not thought of the DLC creatures yet.

>would not walk my FC anywhere and would unequip everything but the mask

Also the collar gets unequipped? Leaving just the collar and the mask would be the standard post punishment action - if there is no ZAP furniture in the area then this would happen immediately.

I hope to make at least one dungeon with some gameplay, but that is something new for me again so will take time. In addition to chainbeast specific quests some hand-off to enslavement mods (like simple slavery/PAH/...) would be a suitable destination for a captured victim, especially for summoned beasts.

When I had the issue of everything not working, it was anywhere but the pillory near The Ragged Flagon. Testing the new version, it worked good until I placed a mine in Slave Way Manor, which has lots of zaz and tara furniture. My FC worked the way they should, but was walked into the wall and glitched into the bench that should have stopped her. My follower was taken to the furniture as she should have been. I'm not sure if it's just an issue of my game having a fit or something isn't registering. If it is a mod compatibility issue (which I'm not sure how to figure that one out without removing dependencies), it may be a new idea to make one beast capture and another summon/place furniture. 

Also, the chain spider needs to be a little stronger I think. I let my character stand still for 10 real time minutes and it couldn't stun my FC the first time. The mammoth was a little odd because if I didn't make it run, the textures disappeared. I can see the spider being utilized in some interesting ways to humiliate the character since there are eight legs involved.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:21 PM, slaveyan said:

sir, why i can not crawl when i be caught ? i have choose player crawls in MCM. i use zaz 8.0 plus

`Player crawls' in MCM is just to test the crawling: If you choose this option and close the MCM the PC should start crawling immediately. (Activate again to stop.)  If not, the crawling is not working at all.

I'm not sure what causes this, perhaps need to rerun FNIS?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:40 PM, kdoggg1971 said:

When I had the issue of everything not working, it was anywhere but the pillory near The Ragged Flagon. Testing the new version, it worked good until I placed a mine in Slave Way Manor, which has lots of zaz and tara furniture. My FC worked the way they should, but was walked into the wall and glitched into the bench that should have stopped her. My follower was taken to the furniture as she should have been. I'm not sure if it's just an issue of my game having a fit or something isn't registering. If it is a mod compatibility issue (which I'm not sure how to figure that one out without removing dependencies), it may be a new idea to make one beast capture and another summon/place furniture. 

Also, the chain spider needs to be a little stronger I think. I let my character stand still for 10 real time minutes and it couldn't stun my FC the first time. The mammoth was a little odd because if I didn't make it run, the textures disappeared. I can see the spider being utilized in some interesting ways to humiliate the character since there are eight legs involved.

> but was walked into the wall and glitched into the bench that should have stopped her

The first sound like a navmesh issue and the second like a game pathing issue.

(At least that looks more likely to me than a mod compatibility issue.)

Both things I don't think I can do anything about unfortunately.

>Also, the chain spider needs to be a little stronger I think.

Yes it needs some tuning.

> The mammoth was a little odd because if I didn't make it run, the textures disappeared.

I notice the cage and head disappearing if I zoom in too close.  I'm not sure what is causing this (recall: noob).

The mesh is quite big; it consists of several parts; chains, head, body and cage and causes errors if I don't split it in parts like this. So perhaps it is simply too complicated...but then again I'm not sure.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:39 PM, nitpickerpp said:

An interesting MOD! I found that dirty, blindy and hacky workaround for disappeared cage problem, set always draw flag bit for MammothWildCage trishape with NifSkope.

EDIT:

Or clear the transform of the cage with NifSkope. (See https://forum.niftools.org/topic/4004-help-with-understanding-nifskope-translation/ )

Cool, this indeed seems to work.  Thanks a lot for figuring this out and sharing this link !

I've added a quick-fix to the download page and will include in next version.

your mod is realy promising

what i saw right now - and in that early stage your mod is in- was impressive

getting caught and moved to a zaz furniture worked everytime

those chain dogs would be great addition to hydragorgons slavers, as slave hunter dogs

all those chain beast looked realy good and totaly alien to anything i saw before in skyrim

this realy makes hope for more!

atm the NPC make a detour around those mine, as if they know whats in store for them in the future.

Amazing work there, love it!

???

btw: i think you can remove this: first mod from Noob' warning

its just not true!

I was reading through your changelog and noticed you making the comment "that custom riding animations are not possible" and wanted to mention that it isn't impossible.  I've (kind of) done that in my Riding Styles mod, but it isn't exactly trivial.  If you're interested, I can give you a bit of information on how I do it.  Alternatively, if you wanted, I might be able to incorporate what you need into the base mod, or modify if it so you could hook into it with what you need.  Let me know if you are interested and, if not, no worries!

51 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

I was reading through your changelog and noticed you making the comment "that custom riding animations are not possible" and wanted to mention that it isn't impossible.  I've (kind of) done that in my Riding Styles mod, but it isn't exactly trivial.  If you're interested, I can give you a bit of information on how I do it.  Alternatively, if you wanted, I might be able to incorporate what you need into the base mod, or modify if it so you could hook into it with what you need.  Let me know if you are interested and, if not, no worries!

Thanks for the feedback and offer to help - very much appreciated. I had a quick look at your riding styles mod (very interesting concept) when I started working on the rideable beast. From what I could understand it seems that you used basically the same trick(*) I did to get the crawler working; the `mount' is actually an armor and the rider is assigned alternate animations (crawling in my case). 

But if there is a better way - please enlighten me and help decrease my noobness :)

(*) In theory that approach would be possible also for other beasts, but animations would have to be made (I have no idea how to-I was hoping to just be able to use existing sit/stand in the cage animations together with the mount's walking animations) and I assume it would need to use a special skeleton that allows animation of the different parts of the beast that do not nicely follow the limbs of the rider.

31 minutes ago, MTB said:

Thanks for the feedback and offer to help - very much appreciated. I had a quick look at your riding styles mod (very interesting concept) when I started working on the rideable beast. From what I could understand it seems that you used basically the same trick(*) I did to get the crawler working; the `mount' is actually an armor and the rider is assigned alternate animations (crawling in my case). 

But if there is a better way - please enlighten me and help decrease my noobness :)

(*) In theory that approach would be possible also for other beasts, but animations would have to be made (I have no idea how to-I was hoping to just be able to use existing sit/stand in the cage animations together with the mount's walking animations) and I assume it would need to use a special skeleton that allows animation of the different parts of the beast that do not nicely follow the limbs of the rider.

It's close, but a little bit different.  The rider is still mounted on the horse, and then once they are mounted on the horse I go through a set of commands to change their AA set.  So, they function for all intents and purposes like they are riding a horse just using different animations.  There's a set of steps you need to go through when both mounting and dismounting to get it to work (which is why in my mod you have a moment where the character mounting looks wrong, stands up, then gets in the proper position) and there are also some steps to take when dismounting to make sure the game doesn't get too screwed up.

It took a little while to get everything working for having it function as a mount with AA, but it is doable and all of the mounts keep their own animations (it's only the riders animations that are changed).

For using the method I did, it does require a special skeleton, but only in that the skeleton needs to have a saddlebone if it's a race that doesn't normally (which is the bone that the game basically attaches the player too).

If you have an AA set/skeleton/mesh etc I could probably plug it into my mod to see if it would work as a proof of concept at least, and you could decide what you wanted to do from there.  If you wanted to include the mounting controlling code in your own mod, you could probably look at what I've done in mine and try to cannabliize it, but with my most recent updates it's probably close to 2000 lines of code over 3 function banks, so it might be a bit confusing but I could try and give you a bit of help.

21 hours ago, fingerscrossed said:

For using the method I did, it does require a special skeleton, but only in that the skeleton needs to have a saddlebone if it's a race that doesn't normally (which is the bone that the game basically attaches the player too).

If you have an AA set/skeleton/mesh etc I could probably plug it into my mod to see if it would work as a proof of concept at least ...

If you can try that it would be great.  The mesh and skeleton can already be found in the mod:
\data\meshes\SCB\

SCB_MP-skeletonSC.nif             Skeleton I use to enable riding (mammoth skeleton with saddlebone added).

SCB_MobilePrisonBeastSC.nif    Mesh of the mammoth-like beast.

(The ID of the beast in the CK is the same. It uses the skeleton above. I've also added a `IsHorse/Mount' or similar keyword just in case that is needed. I also removed some `Mammoth specific behaviour settings' in my attempts to get riding to work-would have to look up exactly what if that is relevant. Not entirely sure that was needed but it seems to make things work.)

(Animations for the mount: game's mammoth animations.)

AA set; not sure what is needed - different directional animations for `rider' like with alternate movement?

As the rider is rather stable inside the cage I think the same `just sit there in the cage' animation can be used for all.

ZAP 8+ has animations for the cage(gibbet), I think they are:
Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\
Zazgibbetsmall00.hkx
Zazgibbetsmall09.hkx

but I have not looked further yet as I had no way of using them.

Is that what is needed?

44 minutes ago, MTB said:

If you can try that it would be great.  The mesh and skeleton can already be found in the mod:
\data\meshes\SCB\

SCB_MP-skeletonSC.nif             Skeleton I use to enable riding (mammoth skeleton with saddlebone added).

SCB_MobilePrisonBeastSC.nif    Mesh of the mammoth-like beast.

(The ID of the beast in the CK is the same. It uses the skeleton above. I've also added a `IsHorse/Mount' or similar keyword just in case that is needed. I also removed some `Mammoth specific behaviour settings' in my attempts to get riding to work-would have to look up exactly what if that is relevant. Not entirely sure that was needed but it seems to make things work.)

(Animations for the mount: game's mammoth animations.)

AA set; not sure what is needed - different directional animations for `rider' like with alternate movement?

As the rider is rather stable inside the cage I think the same `just sit there in the cage' animation can be used for all.

ZAP 8+ has animations for the cage(gibbet), I think they are:
Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\
Zazgibbetsmall00.hkx
Zazgibbetsmall09.hkx

but I have not looked further yet as I had no way of using them.

Is that what is needed?

I think with that information I can try to rig something up a bit later just as a proof of concept/test.

Okay, so I finished making a mock up of your mod locking into RidingStyles (with the next edition that allows other mod to register animations from other mods, I actually used this for testing that functionality), and I was able to hook into it and got this result (I used the Gibbet 01 animation for this).  The player travels with the mount and moves with the mount, so if you want to go this route let me know.

Pictures attached for reference.

SCB Screen Shot 1 (1).jpg

SCB Screen Shot 1 (2).jpg