On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, Abominus said:

Greetings,

does there exists a version for the special edition (or does it work with it?)?

yes, got it working somehow. I am actually not fully sure why or how. I remember it giving me ctds with certain chainbeast until I figured it out.

I need to grab all the files and update the forum with the most recent update

On 8/13/2018 at 3:08 AM, .....................? said:

I've checked every area mentioned in locations and haven't found any beasts. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Do you see the mines (the globes with a chain to the ground) ?

If not then there is something wrong; retry installing, check dependencies, load order,... sorry cannot help much with that ... 

If you do, try activating one - Only the mine near the blue palace is self-triggering, all others have to be triggered manually before beasts appear.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:25 AM, fingerscrossed said:

There's a set of steps you need to go through when both mounting and dismounting to get it to work (which is why in my mod you have a moment where the character mounting looks wrong, stands up, then gets in the proper position) and there are also some steps to take when dismounting to make sure the game doesn't get too screwed up. 

If you wanted to include the mounting controlling code in your own mod, you could probably look at what I've done in mine and try to cannabliize it, but with my most recent updates it's probably close to 2000 lines of code over 3 function banks, so it might be a bit confusing but I could try and give you a bit of help. 

I think I've managed to extract the key code from your mod; did a quick test and that seems to work. 

(I did not include all the nice general framework things, position adjustability etc etc.) Within the restricted setting of the SCB mod I can get away with only a fraction of the functions.  (Eg I already `convert/disable(replace) between rideable non-rideable, no need for storing gear, etc., can play with the skeletons and sizes so no real need for resizes and transforms.)

Basically all I'm doing for mounting is: (replace beast by similar mount), wait till riding, block activation if player, activating the mount with the rider, waiting a little, setting IdleForceDefaultState on both and then the AA on the rider, disable player controls, enable mount AI.

For dismounting: unblock activation, wait a bit, dismount, wait a bit, set rider AA back to normal, (replace mount with similar beast).

As mentioned a quick test shows it works but no idea if I'm `screwing up' the game...

In the code you seem to have replaced a dismount with a - push rider away (from self) - is there a reason for this (eg stability issues with the dismounting?).

Are there other important steps that I'm missing ?

2 hours ago, MTB said:

I think I've managed to extract the key code from your mod; did a quick test and that seems to work. 

(I did not include all the nice general framework things, position adjustability etc etc.) Within the restricted setting of the SCB mod I can get away with only a fraction of the functions.  (Eg I already `convert/disable(replace) between rideable non-rideable, no need for storing gear, etc., can play with the skeletons and sizes so no real need for resizes and transforms.)

Basically all I'm doing for mounting is: (replace beast by similar mount), wait till riding, block activation if player, activating the mount with the rider, waiting a little, setting IdleForceDefaultState on both and then the AA on the rider, disable player controls, enable mount AI.

For dismounting: unblock activation, wait a bit, dismount, wait a bit, set rider AA back to normal, (replace mount with similar beast).

As mentioned a quick test shows it works but no idea if I'm `screwing up' the game...

In the code you seem to have replaced a dismount with a - push rider away (from self) - is there a reason for this (eg stability issues with the dismounting?).

Are there other important steps that I'm missing ?

For most of the things that are being done, they were added in for stability for one reason or another, most of which I can't even remember why now (other than because that's what made it work).  I believe that the push was included to induce a ragdoll effect which fixed a multitude of potential problems that primarily effect NPCS. 

I have been absolutely swamped without any time to really update or look at Riding Styles, but once I have some I'm planning on increasing the numbers of slots to 12 (though, I suppose for what you want to do, you may prefer to keep it separate and simplified).  If you'd like to just be able to use the RS framework and just need more slots, I could bump it up in my priorities to take care of, but if it's easier for you to include the relevant parts yourself that works too.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:03 AM, HermausMoron said:

For some reason, the chainbeasts won't lock on, or if they do they quickly vanish. Also, I am unable to spawn the rideable chain spider.

Odd. Normally I'd ask for the logs to be able to find out what is going on, but I've made quite some changes to the mod already.

So instead I'll put together a new release, perhaps that will already address the issue.  (Need to do a quick test and gather up the files...)

Thank you for staying on this one, I am liking most everything so far.

I have not tested this version yet, but in Previous version I did lose Item's, so I am careful to play only on a clean save, so I can fall back to it if needed.

Great stuff.

22 hours ago, HermausMoron said:

Tried installing the latest version, keep getting warnings about "unknown functions in Line X."

I am not getting this error.  Perhaps an outdated or missing script?

Have you made sure the previous version is completely uninstalled; outdated loose scripts may override those in the BSA.

If so: Could you provide the script log so I can see what functions are missing; possibly I did not pack all the necessary scripts...

21 hours ago, LinksSword said:

So how safe would installing this in a mid way game be?

Well its alpha.  I don't think installing mid game makes much of a difference. (Balance wise maybe.)  Perhaps a save-load sequence is needed to start it properly - there is a SEQ file in the BSA but who knows.

I'd keep a clean backup save and only install it to try it out, not keep it installed for hours of play... (its alpha, I tend to mess up and updates typically require clean saves).

Ensuring a full uninstall should be relatively easy as most files are in a BSA.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:17 AM, galgat said:

Thank you for staying on this one, I am liking most everything so far.

I have not tested this version yet, but in Previous version I did lose Item's, so I am careful to play only on a clean save, so I can fall back to it if needed.

Great stuff.

With a clean save items in mod introduced boxes would be lost--I should make a safe mod-shutdown option; added to todo list...

• 1 month later...

Hey so I installed it and it worked great at first. Now when I hit the last stage where it equips the actual crawler it equips for only a second and then everything unequips and it frees me but player controls stay disabled. Npcs wear the crawler but can still move and fight on their feet. I made sure all the animations were registered in SLAL and ran FNIS. Any ideas?

Update: the iron chainbeast crawler stays equipped but the pc just stands there with controls disabled. The ai doesn't crawl and when I rest the crawl animation in the mcm i get this weird covering bending over animation. Possibly the one when your inside the spider cacoon things? 

2 hours ago, Foxtrot6 said:

Hey so I installed it and it worked great at first. Now when I hit the last stage where it equips the actual crawler it equips for only a second and then everything unequips and it frees me but player controls stay disabled. Npcs wear the crawler but can still move and fight on their feet. I made sure all the animations were registered in SLAL and ran FNIS. Any ideas?

Update: the iron chainbeast crawler stays equipped but the pc just stands there with controls disabled. The ai doesn't crawl and when I rest the crawl animation in the mcm i get this weird covering bending over animation. Possibly the one when your inside the spider cacoon things? 

Are you sure there is compatible furniture nearby? If not the crawler will release you almost instantly. If you select simple slavery option in MCM you will be sent there instead. If you would like to scan for furniture before simple slavery option, there is an option for that as well. 

On 10/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, donutfiend said:

Are you sure there is compatible furniture nearby? If not the crawler will release you almost instantly. If you select simple slavery option in MCM you will be sent there instead. If you would like to scan for furniture before simple slavery option, there is an option for that as well. 

On 10/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, donutfiend said:

Well I can't be for sure about the furniture being near by because this is at the blue palace. And yeah the gold crawler unequips instantly but the iron one stays on and the pc just stands there for the whole duration of the punishment. Then unequips. I'll try it near furniture and let you know what happens 

Edit: So tried it out with coc scb_testzone. The crawlers here just immediately unequip. Also I just noticed the wrong gag shows up and the wrist restraints are invisible. I completely forgot but i just switched everything to cbbe when setting up this playthrough so maybe that's my issue? I've built everything in bodyslide and checked and rechecked all the obvious stuff 

On 10/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, Foxtrot6 said:

Well I can't be for sure about the furniture being near by because this is at the blue palace. And yeah the gold crawler unequips instantly but the iron one stays on and the pc just stands there for the whole duration of the punishment. Then unequips. I'll try it near furniture and let you know what happens 

Edit: So tried it out with coc scb_testzone. The crawlers here just immediately unequip. Also I just noticed the wrong gag shows up and the wrist restraints are invisible. I completely forgot but i just switched everything to cbbe when setting up this playthrough so maybe that's my issue? I've built everything in bodyslide and checked and rechecked all the obvious stuff 

Are you using a custom race? I noticed the succubus race equips a muzzle instead of a mask. Also there is an option in the MCM for instant capture. You should make sure that is not checked. As for it not using the furniture, the main page does not specifically list zaz v11 as compatible if that is what you are using.  However, I have not heard of anyone having an issue using it (myself included) but it's still possible some might have issues. 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:03 PM, Foxtrot6 said:

On 10/9/2018 at 10:09 PM, Foxtrot6 said:

I cannot really explain all that you are describing here.  Do you have a script log? Perhaps, possibly (...yep doubled that on purpose...) it could help me track down the problem so I can try to address it in future versions.

Sometimes NPCs wearing the crawler still able to fight is a bug introduced in the last version I'm afraid - I've also seen it. I have a possible cause and a possible fix, but still to be tested.  So will hopefully be fixed in next version.

Immediately unequipping the crawler and returning control indicates the punishment quest could not start for some reason.

In the testing zone the only reason I can think of is that simple slavery option is active, only if no local is disabled - that may cause finding a path to fail and I'm not sure that is dealt with gracefully by the quest.

Unequipping the crawler and not returning control indicates that player is trying to enter a device (but failing for some reason). Failsafe mechanism should kick in at some point (1min I think) and release control.

Standing still with cocoon equipped indicates being captured by a chainspider but it not being able to reach you so you can mount it.

The gag is a version of a ZAZ v7 gag; it uses the same alternate meshes for eg the beast races, so a custom race could indeed result in a different looking gag as donutfiend said.

Using CBBE may give some visual oddities with crawlers as (bodyslide) files were made for uunp, but should not cause other issues afaik. 

I had an issue with cuffs becoming invisible at some point as well (not only in SCB but also in eg simple slavery) - perhaps it was caused by an incompatibility between ZAZ7 and the Simple Slavery version I was then using. Some reinstalling and updating seems to have solved it for me.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:45 AM, donutfiend said:

Are you using a custom race? I noticed the succubus race equips a muzzle instead of a mask. Also there is an option in the MCM for instant capture. You should make sure that is not checked. As for it not using the furniture, the main page does not specifically list zaz v11 as compatible if that is what you are using.  However, I have not heard of anyone having an issue using it (myself included) but it's still possible some might have issues.  

:) Thanks for answering questions - I've not gotten around to it lately.

23 hours ago, MTB said:

:) Thanks for answering questions - I've not gotten around to it lately.

Hey you were putting in some real hours there, everyone needs as break ;).

Also, pretty much all my wrist cuffs (from all mods) are either invisible or become invisible almost as soon as they are equipped. I still have not been able to track down why either (mostly from a lack of effort).I will do some digging soon and if I find the cause I will post it here in case it can help anyone. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 10:13 PM, LinksSword said:

I don't know if they have been added but chainbeast had those chairs that you were forced to sit in i would like to see those added into skyrim chainbeast.

It uses ZAZ furniture instead of those chairs. (May be broken in current (0.1.7) version - if does not work can try 0.1.6 or wait for next version.)

On 11/19/2018 at 10:15 PM, LinksSword said:

is or will CBBE bodyslide files be added or?

Currently only basic UUNP bodyslide files.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:15 PM, LinksSword said:

is or will CBBE bodyslide files be added or?

I've tried to make a quick conversion. (Like the UUNP version the `beast' mesh does not change, only the body shape.) 

The ribcage without plug mesh has been adapted a bit to minimize risk of clipping. The other two are the same as for uunp except for the body itself.

I can't test it very well as I don't have CBBE installed. So please let me know whether it works...

SCB-CBBE.7z

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,I used the SSE version.I like it very much.

However I have a problem after using this mod.

After captured,the crawl animations doesn't work properly,it just use the usual run or walk animation.

I tried to replace these animations,but walk or run forward animation never works properly,others animations works great.

So I want to know what's the problem.Can you help me?

PS:SSE is 0.1.6 so I used the RidingStyles2 and RS2bridge,But it is still ineffective.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 4:33 PM, EDCK said:

Hello,I used the SSE version.I like it very much.

However I have a problem after using this mod.

After captured,the crawl animations doesn't work properly,it just use the usual run or walk animation.

I tried to replace these animations,but walk or run forward animation never works properly,others animations works great.

So I want to know what's the problem.Can you help me?

PS:SSE is 0.1.6 so I used the RidingStyles2 and RS2bridge,But it is still ineffective.

I didn't make the SSE conversion but, assuming things work as in LE:

RS2 was used for the riding animations (spider, mammouth, netch), it is not used for the crawling.

You can test the crawling animations through the MCM menu; test crawling option.

If crawling works except for walking/running forward then check the animation files  scb0_mt_runforward.hkx and scb0_mt_walkforward.hkx  in data\meshes\actors\character\animations\SkyrimChainBeasts

(If you are also using SD+ check the similar animations for that mod as well - it may actually be using those-I removed that now, but not sure in which version anymore.)

(Sprinting or when turning around does not have a crawling animation so that will use default anims.)

If test crawling works but not (always) after capture you may have run into a bug of the mod or some conflict.

Trying again may help if its some sort of race condition. 

If it seems to works sometimes and not at other times; perhaps the times it fails is when captured by a spider - if the mounting fails for some reason, the victim will walk to the destination. (I've changed that to crawling now but not yet in 1.6 I think...)

(There should be a message in the script log saying what type of beast did the capturing....something like:  SCB: (victim, captor): starting punishment on fully capture victim (or something along those lines...)