12 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

are those mines proxy mines?

they dont trigger unless i click on them.

Is that intentional, to protect thoughtless users like me?

Or to protect the NPC?^^

Yes it's intentional, this way you have some control over when it triggers (very useful for testing). 

It is also the way the original behaved, sort of a dare to poke the bear kind of thing.

Perhaps a proximity mine version will be added. There have been requests to add chainbeasts to enemy lists and use in traps, and this is one way of doing this. I hope to get around to it is not at the top of my list yet.

(I'm thinking a `passive version' like now for inhabited areas - perhaps with a quest that gives you a reason to trigger them - while an active/armed version that triggers automatically can be used in the wild/dungeons/etc.)

On 6/7/2018 at 8:34 AM, hwkm0818 said:

i think.... it's animation folder is wrong....

i think "meshes/actors/character" is correct

but it's zip file has "meshes/actors/characters"

if i'm incorrect, sorry

You're right, thanks - applies to versions 0.1.3 and 0.1.2

Most likely cause of crawling failing to work for some.

I've replaced the download of the latest version (v0.1.3) to correct it.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:17 AM, fingerscrossed said:

Also, as a side note, the saddlebone/animation wasn't quite aligned with the cage, which is why the angle looks at an offset.

It looks promising. For the Single cage version I have corrected the rotation of the saddle bone and tweaked the position to fit the standard rider animation as much as possible. Had not done the multi cage version yet.

I've attached a version of the skeleton that should have the correct rotation (for facing forward) and moves the rider down a bit - will need to test and tweak a bit more yet, but for that I first need to get it running.

I was looking at the description of v3 of your Alternate Riding Style mod.

Let me check if I understand how to use it: I should add the rider animations to SCB as alternate animations using a complete _mt AAset (run fnis, register animation, race and mount with indicated function) and when I call mountActor I should indicate the relevant _mt set (1 in this case as 0 is the crawling animation).

SCB_MP-skeleton.nif

9 hours ago, MTB said:

It looks promising. For the Single cage version I have corrected the rotation of the saddle bone and tweaked the position to fit the standard rider animation as much as possible. Had not done the multi cage version yet.

I've attached a version of the skeleton that should have the correct rotation (for facing forward) and moves the rider down a bit - will need to test and tweak a bit more yet, but for that I first need to get it running.

I was looking at the description of v3 of your Alternate Riding Style mod.

Let me check if I understand how to use it: I should add the rider animations to SCB as alternate animations using a complete _mt AAset (run fnis, register animation, race and mount with indicated function) and when I call mountActor I should indicate the relevant _mt set (1 in this case as 0 is the crawling animation).

SCB_MP-skeleton.nif

Yeah, that sounds about right.  To simplify things a bit, all I did to get this to work (After I finished using this for debug/testing) was to do it like this (And not necessarily the best way, but I was doing a lot of debugging, so you can change where you do everything):

1) I created a full FNIS AA set (at slot 1, all using the same giblet animation) for SCB, ran FNIS modders/Users

2) I created a quest for registering to RS (You could likely do this on an OnInit type event). On starting the quest it did the following:

Connected to _RS2AAScript as RS2AA and _RS2RegisterFunctions as RS2Reg

Ran the one time functions:

RS2AA.InitAnims("scb", "SkyrimChainBeasts")

RS2Reg.RegisterNewMountRace(MPR, _RS2MammothRaces) -- I did this for all 3 of your Mobile Prison races, just for safety sake

RS2Reg.RegisterNewMountAnimation("SkyrimChainBeasts", 1, MPR) -- It doesn't matter which of the Races you use here, as it registers it to all mammoth races

From there, I was able to use the menu key to mount the chain beast.  If you want to use your mod to have a rider mount, it's just the MountActor function on the _RS2Functions set of scripts (And DismountActor for when you want to dismount them).  When calling MountActor, at the moment, you'll likely have the only registered Mammoth animations, but if you want to potentially "future proof" it some, you can call it with:

MountActor(ChainBeastMountActor, RiderActor, ModName="SkyrimChainBeasts", Index=1) with the index being whatever you would like to be (In case you want to use different gibbet animations for different situations).

Hopefully that helps out a bit, but let me know if anything isn't clear.  Also, just as a side note, I think even in the screen shot I had moved the player down ~-50 Units.  Once you have it up and working on your version, though, you can more easily troubleshoot where you want all the bones to be.

Also, it's a bit better to call SetMount on the chainbeast to convert it to a mount before the rider rides it (usually with a small 0.25 second wait time inbetween), but if you just call MountActor it should convert it to a mount.  

Also, it's a good idea to call ClearMount (In _RS2Functions) on the Mounts whenever you are done with them being mounts.  Since the mod currently only has 4 slots, it helps keep them clear for when they are actually in use.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, jbezorg said:

I'm running beta Devious Devices Assets, Integration and Expansion. It looks like the device removal script is removing items previously added by other chain beasts.

I think I found the culprit.  I only did a quick test but the following quickfix (install over version 0.1.3alpha) seems to solve the issue.

SCB-v0.1.3quickfix.7z

Idea: Chain horse mount a la Riding Styles, with the rider suspended by yokes.

Also, for chain spiders, if you can get them to a sufficient size, have you considered binding the target in a Zaz/Arachnophobia cocoon? It seems it would be relatively easy to monkey around with Zaz animations to get the appropriate 'riding' style (on previous playthroughs, I've ridden all over the place trussed up on my mount's back like a mummy), either hanging from the chain spider's underside or on its back.

Would it be simple enough to make a patch that would allow certain enemies with conjuration to use the summon chainbeast spell? And maybe a way to make enemies stop attacking upon capture? If it is a long process I understand that you might not want to do that at the moment. I have tried getting it to work with ASIS but with no success. I have also tried making summon familiar summon the chainbeast instead but I dont know enough to do anything like that yet. 

On 6/13/2018 at 5:28 AM, donutfiend said:

Would it be simple enough to make a patch that would allow certain enemies with conjuration to use the summon chainbeast spell? And maybe a way to make enemies stop attacking upon capture? If it is a long process I understand that you might not want to do that at the moment. I have tried getting it to work with ASIS but with no success. I have also tried making summon familiar summon the chainbeast instead but I dont know enough to do anything like that yet. 

Attached a version (esp only) that will make summon familiars spell conjure chainbeasts instead. (Tested only for the player, but I'm assuming conjurers would use the same magic effect.)

All this requires is to modify the SummonFamiliar magic effect; find and open this effect go to associated item 1 (on the left, 8th row) and change that from EncSummonFamiliar to SCB_Chainbeast.  You could do the same for other summoned creatures like the frame attronach (SummonFlameAttronarch magic effect).

To add the spell to conjurers you could instead add the SCB_ConjureChainBeast spell to the spell list of EncWarlock01TemplateConjurer  (I think many of the conjurers use this as a first template so that should add the spell to their repertoire.)  - open actor, go to spell list tab, add new.

What I'm not entirely sure of is whether they will then start actually using the spell or whether you would need to create custom AI for that...

Stopping the conjurer from attacking would need changing of the capture script.  (Now only the attacker and other nearby chainbeasts would stop attacking.)   The easiest method would require, for a conjured creature to determine who summoned it - I'm not sure it is possible, at least I do not know how to do it.

In general enemies should leave the player alone while she is crawling though. 

(Perhaps a more suitable location to crawl to is needed, like a nearby cage if no furniture in the areas.)

This is longer term.

(At the moment I'm trying to get a Alternate Riding Styles Bridge up and working - ran into some dependencies issues before.)

SummonSkyrimChainBeastsAsFamiliars.7z

On 6/11/2018 at 4:14 AM, HermausMoron said:

Idea: Chain horse mount a la Riding Styles, with the rider suspended by yokes.

Also, for chain spiders, if you can get them to a sufficient size, have you considered binding the target in a Zaz/Arachnophobia cocoon? It seems it would be relatively easy to monkey around with Zaz animations to get the appropriate 'riding' style (on previous playthroughs, I've ridden all over the place trussed up on my mount's back like a mummy), either hanging from the chain spider's underside or on its back.

Both nice ideas, may look into it if I get the AR bridge up and running.

4 hours ago, MTB said:

Attached a version (esp only) that will make summon familiars spell conjure chainbeasts instead. (Tested only for the player, but I'm assuming conjurers would use the same magic effect.)

All this requires is to modify the SummonFamiliar magic effect; find and open this effect go to associated item 1 (on the left, 8th row) and change that from EncSummonFamiliar to SCB_Chainbeast.  You could do the same for other summoned creatures like the frame attronach (SummonFlameAttronarch magic effect).

To add the spell to conjurers you could instead add the SCB_ConjureChainBeast spell to the spell list of EncWarlock01TemplateConjurer  (I think many of the conjurers use this as a first template so that should add the spell to their repertoire.)  - open actor, go to spell list tab, add new.

What I'm not entirely sure of is whether they will then start actually using the spell or whether you would need to create custom AI for that...

Stopping the conjurer from attacking would need changing of the capture script.  (Now only the attacker and other nearby chainbeasts would stop attacking.)   The easiest method would require, for a conjured creature to determine who summoned it - I'm not sure it is possible, at least I do not know how to do it.

In general enemies should leave the player alone while she is crawling though. 

(Perhaps a more suitable location to crawl to is needed, like a nearby cage if no furniture in the areas.)

This is longer term.

(At the moment I'm trying to get a Alternate Riding Styles Bridge up and working - ran into some dependencies issues before.)

SummonSkyrimChainBeastsAsFamiliars.7z

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, and writing a detailed reply! I think I had the right idea on how changing it should work, but I didnt find the correct setting to change last time i was in there. :P And I like the cage idea too since those are more abundant than furniture atm. I was thinking last night about trying to make a mod where i hand place way more zaz furniture around the world (mostly in dungeons) it could help out mods like this and a few others I have seen on here. I just need to research how to do it, then find the time to actually do it. 

18 hours ago, donutfiend said:

I was thinking last night about trying to make a mod where i hand place way more zaz furniture around the world (mostly in dungeons) it could help out mods like this and a few others I have seen on here. I just need to research how to do it, then find the time to actually do it. 

Sort of like SD Cages but with furniture?  Sounds good. 

Mods like prison overhaul patch (POP) add zaz furniture to cities, but I'm not aware of one that focuses on furniture for dungeons.

(To get started: allow multiple masters in skyrim editor ini, start CK choose Zaz, drop the furniture where you like.

If it gets in the way and NPCs try to will walk through the furniture then may need to update the navmesh to help them navigate around it.

Can't help you on the finding time thing; have problems with that one myself ?)

11 hours ago, MTB said:

Sort of like SD Cages but with furniture?  Sounds good. 

Mods like prison overhaul patch (POP) add zaz furniture to cities, but I'm not aware of one that focuses on furniture for dungeons.

(To get started: allow multiple masters in skyrim editor ini, start CK choose Zaz, drop the furniture where you like.

If it gets in the way and NPCs try to will walk through the furniture then may need to update the navmesh to help them navigate around it.

Can't help you on the finding time thing; have problems with that one myself ?)

I already have multiple masters allowed in CK, and the rest actually sounds really simple (I am sure I can make it more difficult than it needs to be though). I tried changing the summon flame atro spell to SCB since i have kinda out leveled anything using summon familiar. I didnt get it to work but I only had like 20 min to play with it. I need to figure it out myself for now though so I can change it myself as needed.  

On 6/11/2018 at 4:27 PM, CGi said:

Skyrim Chain Beasts Version 0.1.3.1 alpha - Cleaned and Localized.

This is an FOMOD with Bain folder structure.

Version 0.1.3.1 because it includes the last hotfix.

Content:
- Localized & unlocalized plugin,

- partial German translation (books are untranslated),

- optional dialogue views,

- optional source scripts,

- optional MO support,

Changes:

- removed iTM's and obsolete edits,

Download:

Skyrim Chain Beasts V0.1.3.1 alpha (20.7MB)

Danke schön for making that.  The new version has more install options with the optional plugins (and is likely even messier - will need to do a clean up some point...).

Do you have a link to a good description on how to create these? (Or if someone that already knows how has the time to create one even better ;) ).

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Danke schön for making that.  The new version has more install options with the optional plugins (and is likely even messier - will need to do a clean up some point...).

Do you have a link to a good description on how to create these? (Or if someone that already knows how has the time to create one even better ;) ).

There are no good guides but if you tell me what needs to be added or removed then i can update the script and folder structure for you.

20 hours ago, CGi said:

There are no good guides but if you tell me what needs to be added or removed then i can update the script and folder structure for you.

For the plugins it would likely be good to have them as optional installs.

Changes made from 0.1.3.1 -> 0.1.4:

The base mod has changed from esp to esm (which impacts your (non)-localized esps), a few .nifs changed (meshes/SCB/)

Two scripts added (both for the RS2 bridge plugin).

Added additional animations (should move to the RS2 plugin but for now are with the main SCB files).

A mesh added (SCB_ChainNetch, DB plugin).

Skyrim Chain Beasts Version 0.1.4 alpha - Cleaned, USLEEP patched and Localized.

This is an FOMOD with Bain folder structure.

USLEEP is NO dependencie.

Content:
- Localized & unlocalized plugins,

- partial German translation (books are untranslated),

- optional Dragonborn support,

- optional Riding Styles 2 support (plugin only),

- optional dialogue views,

- optional source scripts,

- optional MO support,

Changes:

- removed iTM's and obsolete edits,

Download:

Skyrim Chain Beasts V0.1.4 alpha.7Z (23.8MB)

Got to love this mod and frankly it was never used much in Oblivion but look forward to the MANY ways this can be used in Skyrim. no longer can you just run from a bounty and hey don't I know you, turns out to be crap that thing is gonna get me ........    LOL look forward to all the things this mod could turn out to become. 

On 6/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, MTB said:

Both nice ideas, may look into it if I get the AR bridge up and running.

Sweet.

Just had another couple ideas:

* A chainbeast that forces the DD petsuit/amputee crawling animations.

* Integration with certain slavery mods, e.g. locking up all the slaves in chainbeast harnesses at the Simple Slavery auction house.

* An expansion on the Pet Collar mod, wherein a tamed chainbeast locks itself indefinitely on the designated pet to enforce pet status/constant crawling.

* Red-hot chainbeast that welds itself shut around it's victim (likely causes fire damage/black-out). Will seek out Zaz furniture, but beyond forced posture will remain dormant for extended periods during which the player gains a measure of autonomy back. Must be removed by a blacksmith during dormant phase (possibly with a chance of fighting back during said process).

1 hour ago, HermausMoron said:

Sweet.

Just had another couple ideas:

* A chainbeast that forces the DD petsuit/amputee crawling animations.

* Integration with certain slavery mods, e.g. locking up all the slaves in chainbeast harnesses at the Simple Slavery auction house.

* An expansion on the Pet Collar mod, wherein a tamed chainbeast locks itself indefinitely on the designated pet to enforce pet status/constant crawling.

* Red-hot chainbeast that welds itself shut around it's victim (likely causes fire damage/black-out). Will seek out Zaz furniture, but beyond forced posture will remain dormant for extended periods during which the player gains a measure of autonomy back. Must be removed by a blacksmith during dormant phase (possibly with a chance of fighting back during said process).

The pet suit... Isn't that only in the SE version of Devious Devices? if not i want it. nvm i am stupid it was added in DDX

On 6/11/2018 at 4:14 AM, HermausMoron said:

Attached a Proof of Concept for cocooned riding on the back of a chain spider (hope I included all the needed files...)

It updates the SCB - RS2 bridge.  Install over 1.4 (must include the RS2 bridge if you use the installer provided CGi).

The mine just outside of Riverwood has been repurposed to summon a rideable spider instead.  (Like mammoth riding this is just a PoC - will still ride for about one minute, then auto dismount.  Remounting will use standard riding animation which looks odd.)

I've tried to make a suitable `look' for webbing of the Chain Spider

If you do not like the look of the chain-spider-webbing then in Skyrims data directory replace the file
Textures\SCB\SCB_fxspiderwebsmetal01
in the Skyrim data folder with the original texture to get the original spider webbing look,  I think it is:
Textures\ZaZ\009Webbing\fxspiderwebs01.dds

Spoiler

ScreenShot55.thumb.jpg.b48bb1e8688c7c8b0108d4c809c1c888.jpg

SCB_RS2B_ChainBeastRidingPOC.7z