11 hours ago, MTB said:

Attached a Proof of Concept for cocooned riding on the back of a chain spider (hope I included all the needed files...)

It updates the SCB - RS2 bridge.  Install over 1.4 (must include the RS2 bridge if you use the installer provided SGi).

The mine just outside of Riverwood has been repurposed to summon a rideable spider instead.  (Like mammoth riding this is just a PoC - will still ride for about one minute, then auto dismount.  Remounting will use standard riding animation which looks odd.)

I've tried to make a suitable `look' for webbing of the Chain Spider

If you do not like the look of the chain-spider-webbing then in Skyrims data directory replace the file
Textures\SCB\SCB_fxspiderwebsmetal01
in the Skyrim data folder with the original texture to get the original spider webbing look,  I think it is:
Textures\ZaZ\009Webbing\fxspiderwebs01.dds

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot55.thumb.jpg.b48bb1e8688c7c8b0108d4c809c1c888.jpg

SCB_RS2B_ChainBeastRidingPOC.7z

Just a side note (in case you weren't aware), if you want to have one of the mounts "capture" a player and then move them to a location, you can use the command:

Game.SetPlayerAIDirven()
AkMount.SetPlayerControls(false)

AKMount.EnableAI()

And that should allow them to move with proper packaging (Typically you have the rider have a package to move to a destination, with ride horse enabled, and the mount have a package to follow the rider).

Not sure if you knew that part of it, but figured it might help depending on what you're looking to do!

my plan for a mod is to just spawn chain beast randomly throughout the world. im thinking spiders in caves and those wolf chains out in the wild. the spiders will spawn where spiders spawn in caves and the wolves where wolves spawn, idk where that will mean items get sent to. idrc though, just pretend you got robbed.

25 minutes ago, phil01991 said:

my plan for a mod is to just spawn chain beast randomly throughout the world. im thinking spiders in caves and those wolf chains out in the wild. the spiders will spawn where spiders spawn in caves and the wolves where wolves spawn, idk where that will mean items get sent to. idrc though, just pretend you got robbed.

I assume you have permission from MTB to do that? ;)

1 hour ago, jfraser said:

maybe? don't really know, don't really care. ill post all the thankyous anyone wants and if they have a problem ill just keep the mods and ports to myself. if I spent half as much time pretending to care about this as I do modding, I would probably have ported every old mod into se by now. I like work and I like results. sociability and friendliness are real downsides though :). That's what I love about the internets though, I can be who I really am.

21 hours ago, fingerscrossed said:

Just a side note (in case you weren't aware), if you want to have one of the mounts "capture" a player and then move them to a location, you can use the command:

Game.SetPlayerAIDirven()
AkMount.SetPlayerControls(false)

AKMount.EnableAI()

And that should allow them to move with proper packaging (Typically you have the rider have a package to move to a destination, with ride horse enabled, and the mount have a package to follow the rider).

Not sure if you knew that part of it, but figured it might help depending on what you're looking to do! 

Thanks for the tips - still have to get to that part (I hope to add any rideable beasts to the same mix allowing them to carry the victim to a location, just like the `wearable' beast already do - may require some more RS2 slots if many NPC are being carried at the same time...) and this will certainly help.  I'd imagined giving a move with ride if available package while mounted might do the trick but had not tried nor considered mount-follow-rider package.

16 hours ago, jfraser said:

14 hours ago, phil01991 said:

maybe?

Only if you like doing it; under the do what ever you like license. ;)

But seriously, I just share this so people can have some fun with it - so anyone please go ahead port it, build on it, translate it, use it in other mods, etc. etc.

45 minutes ago, MTB said:

Only if you like doing it; under the do what ever you like license. ;)

But seriously, I just share this so people can have some fun with it - so anyone please go ahead port it, build on it, translate it, use it in other mods, etc. etc.

Thanks man, I appreciate it and sorry for my anti social behaviour. I'm not going to lie, I think this is the best mod or one of the best. If you ever need help man I'll do it. I would love to see this mod grow and expand.

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Thanks for the tips - still have to get to that part (I hope to add any rideable beasts to the same mix allowing them to carry the victim to a location, just like the `wearable' beast already do - may require some more RS2 slots if many NPC are being carried at the same time...) and this will certainly help.  I'd imagined giving a move with ride if available package while mounted might do the trick but had not tried nor considered mount-follow-rider package.

I can always add more slots (it'd be some minor code changes, but nothing major at this point), if you let me know how many you are thinking you'd want/need (The main reason I didn't include too many is because I wasn't sure how much it would slow down the game when tons of riders were out there).

Also, thinking about it, having a package on the mount to follow the rider should be irrelevent, as the base framework already does that, so if you wanted to have the rider be taken somewhere just having the rider fill an alias to move to the location with ride horse enabled and the character mounted should work.  (For the player, you still need to unpuppet the mount, as that is just part of the skyrim riding scripts).  

Let me know if/how many additional slots you'd need in the mod and I can make it happen once I have a chance.

21 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

I can always add more slots (it'd be some minor code changes, but nothing major at this point), if you let me know how many you are thinking you'd want/need (The main reason I didn't include too many is because I wasn't sure how much it would slow down the game when tons of riders were out there).

Also, thinking about it, having a package on the mount to follow the rider should be irrelevent, as the base framework already does that, so if you wanted to have the rider be taken somewhere just having the rider fill an alias to move to the location with ride horse enabled and the character mounted should work.  (For the player, you still need to unpuppet the mount, as that is just part of the skyrim riding scripts).  

Let me know if/how many additional slots you'd need in the mod and I can make it happen once I have a chance.

I should first try to get it working, but for future reference: currently the SCB mod supports 5 furnitures (with each getting punished and one waiting) so in theory there could by up to 10 riding at the same time (reaching that seems unlikely - with current settings/locations I've seen perhaps 4 victims at the same time - if all riding that would still work with the current slots, if moving to more crowded areas with a focus on rideable types of beast may need more).

Another question:  Is it possible to have multiple riders (with different riding animations with suitable offsets so they do not clip into each other)?  I'm thinking about for example the multi cage mammoth.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:40 AM, MTB said:

Attached a Proof of Concept for cocooned riding on the back of a chain spider (hope I included all the needed files...)

It updates the SCB - RS2 bridge.  Install over 1.4 (must include the RS2 bridge if you use the installer provided SGi).

The mine just outside of Riverwood has been repurposed to summon a rideable spider instead.  (Like mammoth riding this is just a PoC - will still ride for about one minute, then auto dismount.  Remounting will use standard riding animation which looks odd.)

I've tried to make a suitable `look' for webbing of the Chain Spider

If you do not like the look of the chain-spider-webbing then in Skyrims data directory replace the file
Textures\SCB\SCB_fxspiderwebsmetal01
in the Skyrim data folder with the original texture to get the original spider webbing look,  I think it is:
Textures\ZaZ\009Webbing\fxspiderwebs01.dds

Hide contents

ScreenShot55.thumb.jpg.b48bb1e8688c7c8b0108d4c809c1c888.jpg

SCB_RS2B_ChainBeastRidingPOC.7z

Can't wait to test this out.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, MTB said:

I should first try to get it working, but for future reference: currently the SCB mod supports 5 furnitures (with each getting punished and one waiting) so in theory there could by up to 10 riding at the same time (reaching that seems unlikely - with current settings/locations I've seen perhaps 4 victims at the same time - if all riding that would still work with the current slots, if moving to more crowded areas with a focus on rideable types of beast may need more).

Another question:  Is it possible to have multiple riders (with different riding animations with suitable offsets so they do not clip into each other)?  I'm thinking about for example the multi cage mammoth.

When I have some time, I should be able to increase the number of slots to 10 relatively painlessly.

Your second question is a more difficult one.  At the moment, there is no way in the framework to do this.  A while back, there was a mod for tandem riding that was posted both here and over on Nexus (Made by, I believe, Musje) that I looked into the backend of and talked a bit about in the related thread.  I realized looking at their work how I likely would be able to implement this into riding styles, but it's going to be a fairly significant amount of work.  As such, I haven't quite committed to doing this yet, but I have at least the general idea of how to get multiple riders (such as in your case, a rider in each of the mammoth's cages, or in other cases, someone riding a horse normally with someone underneath) theoretically worked out.  If it's something that's really wanted, I can try and block out a time to do it sooner rather than later, but it's currently in the "maybe in the future" category.

Guest AthenaESIV

This mod has a ton of potential and works pretty good now in its early form. I'll wait to put it into a playthrough load order but i hope to see it continue to progress, great work!

I feel like one thing LL mods really need to really expand a ton of mods is a Simple Slavery addon mod that creates Simple Slavery camps throughout Skyrim that can be called by other mods like yours... Basically a mod like this would be able to force walk a captive to the camp to be loaded onto a wagon to Riften to start into Simple Slavery (I'll post on the simple slavery topic in a bit about this, maybe someone will be interested). Hopefully we see something like that someday and it would be an excellent destination for your mod's chain captives.

Hope updates go smooth for you!

1 hour ago, AthenaESIV said:

This mod has a ton of potential and works pretty good now in its early form. I'll wait to put it into a playthrough load order but i hope to see it continue to progress, great work!

I feel like one thing LL mods really need to really expand a ton of mods is a Simple Slavery addon mod that creates Simple Slavery camps throughout Skyrim that can be called by other mods like yours... Basically a mod like this would be able to force walk a captive to the camp to be loaded onto a wagon to Riften to start into Simple Slavery (I'll post on the simple slavery topic in a bit about this, maybe someone will be interested). Hopefully we see something like that someday and it would be an excellent destination for your mod's chain captives.

Hope updates go smooth for you!

So far the mod doesn't conflict with any other mods. There is also a button to fast travel to simple slavery 

Mod works splendidly. And while I enjoy bunch of NPC's running around getting chained, it gives me a few questions. How will the NPC's retrieve their items afteward in a mine field of lock boxes? ?

A few suggestions: If the NPC's can't retrieve items there should be an option to make chain beasts lock out player-only items, or non-unique NPC's

The chain beast armor needs bodyslide

After a few of the chain beasts items get equipped new chain beasts become unaggressive until all of them are fully unequipped, effectively allowing you to kill chain beasts without resistance

On 7/5/2018 at 12:01 PM, Durante said:

Mod works splendidly. And while I enjoy bunch of NPC's running around getting chained, it gives me a few questions. How will the NPC's retrieve their items afteward in a mine field of lock boxes? ?

A few suggestions: If the NPC's can't retrieve items there should be an option to make chain beasts lock out player-only items, or non-unique NPC's

The chain beast armor needs bodyslide

After a few of the chain beasts items get equipped new chain beasts become unaggressive until all of them are fully unequipped, effectively allowing you to kill chain beasts without resistance

Capturable NPCs will recover their gear after you release them (all the gear in the same area - gear keeps it ownership - this allows the NPC to find it again - it also means taking it is considered stealing)- I've not really tested whether it also works with non-unique NPCs.   Gear taken from non-capturable victims is freely lootable; you can give it back to them (not through this mod-needs some other gift mechanism) if you like.

I don't know how to make a bodyslide armor. (Maybe I'll try to learn at some point but it is not high on my list. I can share the blender files or whatever is needed if someone else wants to try.)

> unaggressive until ...

This should happen only after punishment. I'll consider adding a mechanism which makes them aggressive again to those that hit them.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, AthenaESIV said:

loaded onto a wagon to Riften to start into Simple Slavery (I'll post on the simple slavery topic in a bit about this, maybe someone will be interested). Hopefully we see something like that someday and it would be an excellent destination for your mod's chain captives.

The SCB_carriage.nif (a caged version of the cart, I think it is already included in meshes/SCB/) could be used with this.  I've tested it with touring carriages (or as replacer for the opening scene ride) which works but entering and exiting will clip (the door does not open - I've also made a version with an open backend and a statically placed cage door that can be opened/closed but that clearly only works if the cart is in a fixed location.  Not sure whether an opening door can be added to a cart.)

On 7/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, AthenaESIV said:

Great idea! Adding many slaver camps means a lot of work though, so you might want to suggest something easier, such as linking into vanilla bandit camps, More Bandit Camps, or the most nearby slaver from Slave Girls. Slavers and chain beasts seem made for each other!

14 hours ago, MTB said:

Capturable NPCs will recover their gear after you release them (all the gear in the same area - gear keeps it ownership - this allows the NPC to find it again - it also means taking it is considered stealing)- I've not really tested whether it also works with non-unique NPCs.   Gear taken from non-capturable victims is freely lootable; you can give it back to them (not through this mod-needs some other gift mechanism) if you like.

I don't know how to make a bodyslide armor. (Maybe I'll try to learn at some point but it is not high on my list. I can share the blender files or whatever is needed if someone else wants to try.)

> unaggressive until ...

This should happen only after punishment. I'll consider adding a mechanism which makes them aggressive again to those that hit them.

Thanks!

Bodysliding a mesh in outfit studio isn't that hard, really depending on the outfit, I suppose I'll try making a crude conversion for CBBE see how it goes.

Well after one chainbeast item is equipped they don't touch you if another NPC intervenes :P

Also a fun alternative spell for summoning these chain  beasties could be like a destruction trap? That activates them without having to do manually