SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Gentlemen, I have followed your tutorial to perform the installation through Mod Organizer. After HOURS of attempts and failed starts I give up. You guys have a problem. SexLabUtil.dll insistently that dll gives error and the game crashes.

My exe installation of Skyrim SE 1.5.97. SKSE 2.0.20

When I start the game I get a HUGE banner saying that my SKSE is not supported and I need to uninstall.

Anyone brilliant have a solution for this??????????????????

This is the message that Mod organizer throws

You have one or more script extender plugins which failed to load!

If you want this notification to go away, here are some steps you can take:

• Look for updates to the mod or the specific plugin included in the mod.

• Disable the mod containing the plugin.

• Hide or delete the plugin from the mod.

To refresh the script extender logs, you will need to run the game and/or editor again!

The failed plugins are:

• No se pudo cargar SexLabUtil.dll (SexLabFrameworkSE_v163). Una DLL no es válida (código 193).

Captura1.JPG

Captura2.JPG

Edited by Heewet
18 hours ago, Heewet said:

Gentlemen, I have followed your tutorial to perform the installation through Mod Organizer. After HOURS of attempts and failed starts I give up. You guys have a problem. SexLabUtil.dll insistently that dll gives error and the game crashes.

My exe installation of Skyrim SE 1.5.97. SKSE 2.0.20

When I start the game I get a HUGE banner saying that my SKSE is not supported and I need to uninstall.

Anyone brilliant have a solution for this??????????????????

This is the message that Mod organizer throws

You have one or more script extender plugins which failed to load!

If you want this notification to go away, here are some steps you can take:

• Look for updates to the mod or the specific plugin included in the mod.

• Disable the mod containing the plugin.

• Hide or delete the plugin from the mod.

To refresh the script extender logs, you will need to run the game and/or editor again!

The failed plugins are:

• No se pudo cargar SexLabUtil.dll (SexLabFrameworkSE_v163). Una DLL no es válida (código 193).

Captura1.JPG

Captura2.JPG

Right Click SkyrimSE.exe > Properties > Details, post a screenshot of that.

Is it possible to sort out some animations from the base SexLab-Mod? (delete before installattion)
I know, I can disable animations in the MCM but there are many animations I don't want to have in the game and I want to reduce the amount of animations, because I want to add more poses and I don't want to use FNIS XXL anymore (had some problems with it in LE).

I assume there's no easy way to delete some files, huh? ?

On 7/19/2022 at 12:48 AM, Bayman said:

Is it possible to sort out some animations from the base SexLab-Mod? (delete before installattion)
I know, I can disable animations in the MCM but there are many animations I don't want to have in the game and I want to reduce the amount of animations, because I want to add more poses and I don't want to use FNIS XXL anymore (had some problems with it in LE).

I assume there's no easy way to delete some files, huh? ?

SexLab - Remove Standard Animations

Ok so maybe I'm an idiot... but I can't figure out how to get any action started. I have all the stuff downloaded. I have the animations. Everything is installed and says that it's working properly.. but I'm clueless on how to engage in any acts. I press N and the only thing that happened was the NPC went to a bed to masterbate, and when not selecting an NPC my character went to a bed to masterbate. Any help would be appreciated. 

SL framework

SL Matchmaker

SL Aroused

SL Tools

SLAL

Nibbles SLAL

ZAZ 8.0

Billyy

DD

SoS

SoT... (I have more but nothing related to LL) 

Am I missing something to start the interactions? 

31 minutes ago, Lilleianon said:

Ok so maybe I'm an idiot... but I can't figure out how to get any action started. I have all the stuff downloaded. I have the animations. Everything is installed and says that it's working properly.. but I'm clueless on how to engage in any acts. I press N and the only thing that happened was the NPC went to a bed to masterbate, and when not selecting an NPC my character went to a bed to masterbate. Any help would be appreciated. 

SL framework

SL Matchmaker

SL Aroused

SL Tools

SLAL

Nibbles SLAL

ZAZ 8.0

Billyy

DD

SoS

SoT... (I have more but nothing related to LL) 

Am I missing something to start the interactions? 

Why are you pressing N? You got Matchmaker, use the spells from that mod to mark the actors you want in an animation.

20 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Why are you pressing N? You got Matchmaker, use the spells from that mod to mark the actors you want in an animation.

When I used the spells it did nothing but flashy stuff around the NPC or my pc, the left corner gave script that it was cast, then nothing. 

35 minutes ago, Lilleianon said:

When I used the spells it did nothing but flashy stuff around the NPC or my pc, the left corner gave script that it was cast, then nothing. 

That'd be an indication of something not working properly. Confirm the SL installation was completed correctly and that the actors you're tagging with the matchmaker are valid (ex. adult NPCs, from vanilla races, etc.). 

By now i've checked and rechecked, uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times over, checked load orders, versions and everything I could think of and I keep getting this error. No idea whats going wrong anymore, played with these mods before and never had this pop up. All mods are fresh installs of the latest versions, I even triedhaving Papyrus util 3.9 installed so it should be fine, right?

I also checked the sexlabutil.dll file and its in the correct folder as mentioned below, so I'm at my wits end. I'm starting to suspect its Racemenu version, but since I dont have the AE upgrade I assume I need the old version, right?

ScreenShot1.png.32ef6af19476c5d4095b1dd593e7ea48.pngScreenShot0.png.e030ad3e5fadd934a0ca353c5ab05269.pngScreenShot2.png.def51db8596667a9f8f79ef34fa2edb6.png

Edited by sebas379

Hi, all. I'm having an issue, and despite looking through all the pages of this thread since v164 came out, I haven't been able to find a solution.

None of the animations will auto-advance stages, even though I have auto-advance stages checked in the MCM; all animations just repeat and continue indefinitely.

If this was just my PC that this happened on, I could deal with it, since I can just advance stages with a hotkey, but this issue is also occurring with animations that don't involve my character (NPC-NPC scenes and NPC masturbation animations).

I know I can advance those by targeting those animations, hitting "N", and then manually advancing the stages, but it's getting a little tiresome having to do that a dozen times whenever SLA, SLEN, or Spectator Crowds starts an orgy and the entire population of Solitude gets stuck in SexLab animations.

Going through this thread, I saw that Cross69 had the same issue back in January (page 337), and Saryon8 posted the same issue in the Technical Support forum, but neither of them received any answers.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. When checking the versions on everything to update this post, I found that one of my other mods was overwriting some of SexLab's features back to v163, and uninstalling that fixed everything.

Edited by ThanatosII
I'm dumb
7 hours ago, sebas379 said:

since I dont have the AE upgrade I assume I need the old version, right?

Don't assume. Check your skyrimse.exe version (wherever your game is installed, right click in that exe file, pick Properties, Details and check the product version). Unless you did something to avoid or revert automatic updates, you likely have the latest game version which everyone refers to as AE. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy the paid stuff, all it matters is which version is your exe.

So check that and get the proper version for all the mods containing a dll + Address Library.

23 hours ago, sebas379 said:

By now i've checked and rechecked, uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times over, checked load orders, versions and everything I could think of and I keep getting this error.

Based on the error images you posted, you seem to have installed SexLab for Oldrim into your SSE/AE game. Please check the version of SexLab Framework you have installed.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:10 PM, Vyxenne said:

Based on the error images you posted, you seem to have installed SexLab for Oldrim into your SSE/AE game. Please check the version of SexLab Framework you have installed.

I checked again and its SE versions on my SE install. But you gave me an idea to test, and well...

EIther I'm mad (quite possible) or AE isnt the upgrade thats available on steam but that I dont have. Cause I tried installing what I assumed was the wrong version and a first quick test seems to say its working......Sure it now gives different error messages when I started, but the game works....

Edited by sebas379

I am almost certain this mod is causing a major issue in my game.  Brand new game (first official playthrough of SSE... can't use oldrim anymore with the number of mods I have).  I have been troubleshooting this problem for a full day and I was very lucky to save JUST BEFORE sexlab activates to find that it was this mod causing the problems.  Just before this mod shows a message in the upper left corner that it is initializing, I suddenly can't interact with major objects in game.  Some objects seem to work like crafting stations.  However things like guardian stones and wood chopping blocks do not work at all.  The objects don't do anything when E is pressed.  I am using v163.  I don't know if v164 addresses this problem but I will try it.  This issue needs to be fixed if I am going to use SexLab again.

NOTE: I DO NOT have AE so I don't know if v164 would work.

Edited by shebop
42 minutes ago, shebop said:

Cannot stress this enough: There is no Anniversary Edition of Skyrim.

The so-called Anniversary Edition is an optional DLC content pack that does not affect the game version at all. SKSE plugin mod developers mentioning AE as their compatibility condition are absolutely wrong. All they are doing is confusing the hell out of users like you.

Ignore any mention of Anniversary Edition. There is only Legendary Edition and Special Edition.

There are currently two extant minor versions of Special Edition, 1.5.97 (last available in Nov 2021) and 1.6.353 (up-to-date). Unless you have taken steps to avoid recent updates for Special Edition, or have used the Unofficial Downgrade Patcher, then you are on 1.6.353. This means, when selecting SKSE and SKSE plugin mods, they must be explicitly compatible with 1.6.353 or 1.6.x with the appropriate version of Address Library.

Just to be absolutely clear, the only thing you need to get 1.6.353 is to own Skyrim Special Edition and let Steam update it.

If you are not certain which version you have, go to the game installation folder and right-click on SkyrimSE.exe, then locate Properties > Details > Product Version. That is the version to use when selecting SKSE and SKSE plugin mods.

Once you are certain of your Skyrim version, go through all installed SKSE plugin mods and ensure they are compatible with it and that all dependencies are installed. SKSE plugin mods are those that add DLLs to the Data/SKSE/Plugins folder. They can be identified in MO2 using the <Contains Script Extender Plugin> filter, or in Vortex using the Extender option in the Content filter (if this filter is not visible, use the cogwheel above the mod list and enable it).

9 hours ago, Exploited Kiri said:

So I'm getting this error popup. Can anyone direct me to the correct download link? Much thanks in advance.?

ScreenShot1316.png

That is just a SUM issue, it does not mean you installed the wrong sexlab version. There's a file in SUM that you can add your sexlab version to, assuming you downloaded the SE version of the mod.

Fix:

And just realized he didn't put the path in. It's here. I've used the properties in MO2, if you're on vortex, just browse to that location in the mod staging folder and use a text editor to edit the file.

Spoiler

image.png.cc7ee2390f51031944d526fde94e39a0.png

Edited by zarantha
updated with file locationscreenshot.
9 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

The so-called Anniversary Edition is an optional DLC content pack that does not affect the game version at all. SKSE plugin mod developers mentioning AE as their compatibility condition are absolutely wrong. All they are doing is confusing the hell out of users like you.

Here is where you are wrong.  I am NOT confused  about the issue (but you appear to be).  I am a developer and have been programming for over 30 years.  I know the differences.  No, the changes weren't major (they didn't really affect non SKSE plugins); BUT...

1. I heard that they upgraded to a different version of Visual Studio (which can result in differences in compiling and native computer instructions)
  2. C++ is HIGHLY sensitive to changes in code, unlike more "modern" languages (which ARE still fairly sensitive unless they are linked at runtime)
  3. ANY change made to a method will 99.99% of the time change call addresses of methods (offset from where a dll and/or exe loads into memory.)
  4. Any change made to the library used can change the call address as well (which often happens when changing compilers).
  5. If there hadn't been changes there would have not been a need to update the plugin address library or SKSE.
  6. ANY DLL THAT USES SKSE WILL NEED TO BE RECOMPILED TO INCORPORATE THE UPDATED CALL ADDRESSES.  THE VERSIONS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE
  7. SexLab HAS AN SKSE DLL.

As far a papyrus is concerned, I don't know if the papyrus executable (pex) file is directly linked or indirectly linked (by proxy) to method calls.  If the former, it also will need to updated.  My guess though is that the addresses are linked at runtime. 

As far as my post is concerned, it certainly does make a difference per the above facts.  Your own post makes this clearly evident.

EDIT: As far as your advice goes.  I certainly know enough to know which version of Skyrim I use; which version of SKSE I need; and which versions of a mod to download.  The only thing I am "guilty" of is not reading all the update notes for 1.64.  So stop assuming people are stupid and address the question next time.

EDIT2: YOU ARE DOUBLY WRONG.  IF YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO FILE NAMES IN THE DOWNLOAD 1.64 EXPLICITLY STATES IT IS FOR AE ONLY.  The version in the download STILL posted for SE is 1.63.  This is WHY I stated what I did in my OP.  It is why I believed it was for AE when I downloaded it over a month ago.

Edited by shebop
9 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Ignore any mention of Anniversary Edition. There is only Legendary Edition and Special Edition.

AE acts as a way to simply disern major versions with the game, like SE and LE.

If someone is talking about LE today, we can be reasonably certain they mean 1.9.32.0.8, 32-bit engine, but it does not specify if they have any specific DLC or not. We use LE to describe both versions of the game, the original release and the release with all the DLC (called "Legendary Edition"), for convenience sake.

AE is used in the same context. If we are talking about SE, we are most likely talking about 1.5.97, and if we are talking about AE, we are talking about 1.6.353 (currently). This is often specified by mod authors as well if it is relevant.

Most of the community understands that AE means 1.6.X, with or without the DLC, while SE means 1.5.97. On a technical level, these are essentially different games (where this distinction is most important), even if on a practical level, ir's a minor upgrade over the previous version.

11 hours ago, shebop said:

I am almost certain this mod is causing a major issue in my game.  Brand new game (first official playthrough of SSE... can't use oldrim anymore with the number of mods I have).  I have been troubleshooting this problem for a full day and I was very lucky to save JUST BEFORE sexlab activates to find that it was this mod causing the problems.  Just before this mod shows a message in the upper left corner that it is initializing, I suddenly can't interact with major objects in game.  Some objects seem to work like crafting stations.  However things like guardian stones and wood chopping blocks do not work at all.  The objects don't do anything when E is pressed.  I am using v163.  I don't know if v164 addresses this problem but I will try it.  This issue needs to be fixed if I am going to use SexLab again.

I've had 1.64 seemingly crash when SexLab first does the setup, and it seems to be somewhat random, with some persistence it eventually succeeds. Staring at a wall, or being inside might help.

1.64c is for the AE version, 1.6.353 specifically. Using 1.63 will cause issues, as it is made for 1.5.97 ("SE"). Assuming you let steam update the game, it will be 1.6.353