SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

3 minutes ago, CaptainAdultGames said:

How to delete SexLab animations? I want them all gone.. they take up too many vital animation slots I would rather use on newer animation SLAL packs.

Look for a mod called remove default sexlab animations or something like that, it's on LL somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

Most of the community understands that AE means 1.6.X, with or without the DLC, while SE means 1.5.97.

Most, I'm sure. Alas, the rest show up regularly to ask why the game is telling them they have the wrong mod versions installed, even though they didn't buy AE.

And that's not their fault. It's confusing, and frustrating.

Yes, it has become a convention, but a problematic one. To the uninitiated, "AE" very strongly suggests something that just isn't true: that users only need "AE" compatible mods if they own the Anniversary Edition mod pack.

We, users and developers, would all be better served sticking to using 1.5.x / 1.6.x to make the distinction between the SE executable versions where necessary, and not mentioning AE at all (unless a mod actually depends on the mod pack).

14 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

Look for a mod called remove default sexlab animations or something like that, it's on LL somewhere. 

Sorry if i'm ignorant about this but isn't that mod (which I did find earlier before asking) for LE and ealier SE version not the updated SE(AE)... i'm not sure if it makes a difference. If it doesn't let me know and I will try this.

6 minutes ago, CaptainAdultGames said:

Sorry if i'm ignorant about this but isn't that mod (which I did find earlier before asking) for LE and ealier SE version not the updated SE(AE)... i'm not sure if it makes a difference. If it doesn't let me know and I will try this.

Yeah my bad that mod is LE only. 

2 hours ago, shebop said:

There is no Anniversary Edition of Skyrim.

Based on semantics alone, this is not true- the first 1.6.xxx (VS 2019) build of SSE was released on 11/11/2021, the 10th Anniversary of the first Skyrim release, which occurred on 11/11/2011. So even if version 1.6.xxx had not been recompiled via Visual Studio 2019, rendering it incompatible with any and all existing Native Code mods, and instead just been a graphics enhancement update numbered 1.5.971 or 1.5.99 or whatever, it still could legitimately be called the "Anniversary Edition" based solely upon its release date.

But of course, that was not what Beth did- they updated the executable in such a way that it is/was incompatible with previous release addresses and hooks, and most if not all Native Code mods (DLL-based mods) AND THEN released it on the Anniversary Date. It was already being called "AE" by most cognoscenti websites months before its release, to clearly differentiate it from the long line of previous SSE releases. Sadly, this tactic not only killed SKSE64 (for a time) and all dll-based mods, it disabled the seminal .Net Script Framework mod and any mods dependent on it. I don't blame @meh321 for not wanting to rewrite it from the ground up.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because date math is not her strongest subject

Semantics and technical jargon aside, referring to specific exe version is way more accurate. Yes, LE / SE / AE is a perfectly clear distinction, if we all know what we're talking about. That's not the case, ffs the amount of users saying "bUt I dOn'T hAVe aE" while they're on the latest patch is too damn high. Asking and referring to specific executable versions is often the only way to offer help and get users to understand what's going on and how to fix it.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Asking and referring to specific executable versions is often the only way to offer help and get users to understand what's going on and how to fix it.

I totally agree with this. From a Skyrim Modding standpoint, the actual version numbers of the executable should be requested and used. My post above was simply to show that a case can be made that 1.6.xxx releases can legitimately be called "AE," not that they should be.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because reading it twice before submitting it apparently isn't enough for her

So many of you are missing the point.  A rose is a rose by any other name.  (Shakespeare - In other words it doesn't matter what you call it).  This is a forum to help people with their problems.  STOP ARGUING SEMANTICS.  THEY DON'T MATTER AND AREN'T HELPING ANYONE.  The point is that you cannot use 1.64 with "Anniversary Edition".   THIS WAS MY POINT FROM THE BEGINNING.   THIS IS NOT THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEM.  The issue is that Sexlab is causing me not to be able to interact with stuff such as wood chopping blocks and Guardian Stones.  This isn't the first time this issue has been reported; though usually people find that it is a Sexlab Addon and that it happens after sex.  The former may (or may not) be the case here but I have no idea which one (or if it is Sexlab itself) and it is happen when Sexlab initializes.  The point is that FOUR TIMES while troubleshooting this issue, I have seen the Sexlab initializing notice come up about the same time that it starts happening.  Two of those times were directly after loading a save game where Sexlab initializes almost as soon as I load the game and I was able to use the wood block only once.  As soon as Sexlab started its thing I couldn't use it anymore.

EDIT: The reason those other posts about this issue didn't help is because I am only running 6 or so Sexlab mods in this runthrough (I am role-playing a "loyal" character).  I am perfectly capable of troubleshooting myself.  Problem is that the troubleshooting here is very difficult as the problem occurs at an upredictable time since it is related to mod start-up and I often have to save the game and re-load before it occurs.  The only Sexlab mods currently installed are:

• Aroused
  • Interactive Arousal
  • Light Me Up
  • Auto Vanilla Voices
  • Spouses Enhanced
  • Lovers Comfort
Edited by shebop
8 hours ago, shebop said:

STOP ARGUING SEMANTICS.  THEY DON'T MATTER AND AREN'T HELPING ANYONE.  The point is that you cannot use 1.64 with "Anniversary Edition".   THIS WAS MY POINT FROM THE BEGINNING.   THIS IS NOT THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEM.  The issue is that Sexlab is causing me not to be able to interact with stuff such as wood chopping blocks and Guardian Stones.

Well, this all started because you said

On 7/27/2022 at 9:39 AM, shebop said:

I am using v163.  I don't know if v164 addresses this problem but I will try it.  This issue needs to be fixed if I am going to use SexLab again.

NOTE: I DO NOT have AE so I don't know if v164 would work.

You can't use 163 or 164 willy-nilly because you think it'll solve something. You must use the correct one for whatever version of the executable you have. As you say quoting Shakespeare, it doesn't matter what you, me, your neighbor, or Todd himself calls it. All it matters is which executable version you have.

Now, to test your hypothesis of 164 causing issues in an AE game I went ahead and updated, clean install product version 1.6.353, got Address Library for AE, SKSE 2.1.5 and Sexlab 164c.

Spoiler

Installing SL

image.png.01b4d5824cea90d4a2f793feca5b4043.png

Activating a Standing Stone

image.png.19db8d7fbded287e07e0e96d90086a63.png

Activating a wood chopping block

image.png.108435d84dfdede36b06e7fc737f1d9e.png

Thus SL 164 works fine when used as intended, with its corresponding requirements. I should add I started the game via Skyrim Unbound and only triggered the SL installation once I had full control of my character, then waited for it to complete before doing anything else. You know, just as the description states. Your problem is likely elsewhere (a different mod, or doing things you're not supposed to do before/during the SL installation). Note that loading a save where SL is enabled but hasn't been installed will trigger an automatic install, you shouldn't need to be loading and reloading saves that early, perhaps you should slow down and let all your mods initialize.

ps: 163 also works fine when you use it with the corresponding version of SL requirements. What I'm saying with this is don't expect the issue to be fixed by using one version or the other, because your issue isn't easily replicable which would indicate it's something on your side.

Edited by Just Don't
11 hours ago, shebop said:

The issue is that Sexlab is causing me not to be able to interact with stuff such as wood chopping blocks and Guardian Stones.  This isn't the first time this issue has been reported; though usually people find that it is a Sexlab Addon and that it happens after sex.  The former may (or may not) be the case here but I have no idea which one (or if it is Sexlab itself) and it is happen when Sexlab initializes.  The point is that FOUR TIMES while troubleshooting this issue, I have seen the Sexlab initializing notice come up about the same time that it starts happening.  Two of those times were directly after loading a save game where Sexlab initializes almost as soon as I load the game and I was able to use the wood block only once.  As soon as Sexlab started its thing I couldn't use it anymore.

Is not SexLab and probably none of Mods related with SexLab but could be.

If the problem is just with one bed or furniture just after be used for a sex scene then is almost sure that is a corrupted file on SexLab but in your case where the problem is with all the objects and not even related with a animation, the relation you find look more like a coincidence. Like when I save the game in a inn and once I leave the inn some dragon appear after few minutes and not matter the amount of times I load the game, the dragon still appears.

First let me explain what must be happening:

The "Activation Control" that is what you seems to be missing can be disabled by scripts and is a very common mistake done by the mod author to forget to check some conditions before use it and many times they forget to set a script to revert it not matter what. But in most of the cases is related with some animation idle applied to the player by some Mod in which case you can try starting a sex animation with keep holding the "N" for 15 seconds or use any hotkey of any Mod that force some animation idle on the player. 

Solution:

Pay attention for what happens with the player before and after loss the "Activation Control", that should bring you a more accurate idea of what is trigging the issue. Then remove, update Or find a patch for the Mod with the issue, if you have two or more Mods overwriting the same file is almost sure that you need a patch to prevent issues like this.

Hi guys, sorry for probably a basic question, but do you have any idea why SexLab is not reading translation file? I tried to search forum and this topic but I found nothing about such problem. Got Skyrim SE/AE, SexLabFramework 1.64c, translation files are on place, and everything works great, except translation. It is a bit confusing setting mod looking like that. 

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2022.07.29 - 11.58.19.23.png

Okay so even after tryin multiple things such as deactivating multiple mods (almost all one by one) from the Skimpy Bounce Pack or even reinstalling Slab.

I couldnt get the ReverseDircetionModifier to work... it just wont react and now ive like tried every mod (deactivate see if its the issue if not reactivate and continiue to use it).

And im kind off outta ideas here.

1 hour ago, humorous said:

Hello, I was wondering if sexlab is compatible with Flower Girls SE and VR? It doesn't say it isnt but I was just wondering. 

You can run both at the same time, but mods using one won't recognize events or statuses from the other.

9 hours ago, iks15 said:

Hi guys, sorry for probably a basic question, but do you have any idea why SexLab is not reading translation file? I tried to search forum and this topic but I found nothing about such problem. Got Skyrim SE/AE, SexLabFramework 1.64c, translation files are on place, and everything works great, except translation. It is a bit confusing setting mod looking like that. 

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2022.07.29 - 11.58.19.23.png

Is just SexLab or happened for the rest of the Mods too? Also, which one is your language?

12 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Is just SexLab or happened for the rest of the Mods too? Also, which one is your language?

Yeah, I have tested about three dozens of mods in last two days, one of them had to do the mess in translations somehow. It affected SL Aroused and ZAZ too. Now when I installed only mods that I want to have in my game the problem is gone.  Unfortunately I have no idea which mod did that, bu if someone will have such problem, check other mods.

4 hours ago, iks15 said:

Yeah, I have tested about three dozens of mods in last two days, one of them had to do the mess in translations somehow. It affected SL Aroused and ZAZ too. Now when I installed only mods that I want to have in my game the problem is gone.  Unfortunately I have no idea which mod did that, bu if someone will have such problem, check other mods.

What language?

18 hours ago, iks15 said:

My game language is polish, but I tested this by changing game language to english, and still text in MCM looked the same.

The Mods SkyUI is the one in charge of everything related with the MCM. Make sure of have the right version for your Skyrim and check if some other mod is overwintering some of its files.

hello, i had to reinstall all my game and mods again due to a problem i had.
Before, facial expressions used to work for me, but they are not working for me this time, I have them activated from the MCM, does anyone know what it could be?

1 hour ago, faintstrider said:

image.jpeg.1433a40cb5f823d8eaf1b7ba350075f6.jpeg

How would I go about fixing those question marks? I'm pretty sure its the reason my sex animations aren't starting and they just stand there which i hear the sounds.  I normally run both FNIS & Nemesis several times but it hasn't fixed it 

Switch to 3rd person mode and then reset animation registry.

If anyone can help, seems like my Sexlab installation borked somewhere.

I'm getting these popups whenever I try to run Skyrim:

image.png.575ccea43974adaaf392c939c2afe499.pngimage.png.8a32b0c2433d2c295fafd03d621eea57.png

Not sure what caused it, tried to reinstall Adress Libraries, Papyrus and Sexlab, still nothing.

I'm not that experienced with modding, so it's perfectly possible I fucked something up

Current Load Order is https://modwat.ch/u/Cackling_Hyena (Seems to show my mods as inactive, so either the installation is all wrong or I just pointed to the wrong folder)

Edit: Most likely cause is the fact that I switched from Vortex to MO2, but I reinstalled every mod instead of just pointing to the folder, so I don't see how that would be the issue.

Additionally, I had a stable game before, now, it ain't even opening.

Edited by Cackling_Hyena