SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

No I do not extract into my data or game folder I use a desktop folder convert everything there then repackage it and use my mod manager. TDF is not the problem. TDF adds a few animations for dances and a couple kiss animations, animations that in my current build are not activated so they wouldn't play either way and even if they did, it would only play when I tell a prostitute to dance to earn money. Animations don't play whether or not that mod is installed. No animations are playing outside of creature animations, the character actors will just stack or get in their coordinate positions for the animation. For example if the actor positions are in same spot they will stack if actor positions are not in same spot they will go to their spots and do their idle, not the T shape, just a normal moving idle. If a creature is involved then the creature will do whatever animation he is supposed to do while the character will just idle wherever they are positioned to be in the animation.

1 hour ago, Faledan1995 said:

No I do not extract into my data or game folder I use a desktop folder convert everything there then repackage it and use my mod manager. TDF is not the problem. TDF adds a few animations for dances and a couple kiss animations, animations that in my current build are not activated so they wouldn't play either way and even if they did, it would only play when I tell a prostitute to dance to earn money. Animations don't play whether or not that mod is installed. No animations are playing outside of creature animations, the character actors will just stack or get in their coordinate positions for the animation. For example if the actor positions are in same spot they will stack if actor positions are not in same spot they will go to their spots and do their idle, not the T shape, just a normal moving idle. If a creature is involved then the creature will do whatever animation he is supposed to do while the character will just idle wherever they are positioned to be in the animation.

Have you tried to run FNIS without ticking "GENDER Specific Animations"?

On FNIS description page there is a warning: "DONT' TICK PATCHES for mods, that you DON'T HAVE INSTALLED!!"

Fixed it! There was a problem with my FNIS files, apparently when I uninstall FNIS there are a few logs and texts that stay in the tools folder. Delete that folder when you uninstall FNIS before reinstalling it. One of the lingering files was messing with my 0_master.hkx or one of the hkx under it which was causing animations to not work. I read a post saying that 0_master.hkx was causing my t pose issue earlier on in my game play, so I deleted it, t pose was gone so I assumed it was correct information, what actually was happening was a file in my tools folder was messing with FNIS generating that master/other hkx and it causes that behavior (where it causes tpose but if you remove the master it fixes tpose)

Okay so if anyone else has the same exact issue with animations not playing try this! Uninstall FNIS and completely remove the tools folder (FNIS is the only thing that goes here) and reinstall and run FNIS.

On 20.3.2018 at 10:13 AM, tasairis said:

Having SexLab.esm as a master doesn't affect how Papyrus scripts are compiled.

You have to make sure you have all source scripts in the right location for Creation Kit to find them. Personally I use Source\Scripts like CK wants to do by default. Either way, some mods use Source\Scripts (new) and other mods use Scripts\Source (old). For mods using the opposite scheme of what you have you need to move the source scripts into the right directory.

Alternatively, you can compile the scripts outside of CK, which I heard is better. I'm using Sublime Text and the Sublime Papyrus extension for it. There I can add several source folders for the compiler, and that way I keep them all nicely organized like the mods itself and compilation from different sources is working, without moving any files around. 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:25 AM, rudjarl said:

I have noticed that the CreationKit.ini have a [papyrus] section and for Fallout4 (at least) you can specify script source paths. But I have yet to make a successful entry in that.

The Fallout 4 CK supports multiple paths but I couldn't get it working for the SSE CK. Setting one path should work fine though.

5 hours ago, jimy7 said:

Alternatively, you can compile the scripts outside of CK, which I heard is better. I'm using Sublime Text and the Sublime Papyrus extension for it. There I can add several source folders for the compiler, and that way I keep them all nicely organized like the mods itself and compilation from different sources is working, without moving any files around. 

That's what I do. I have a few things set up to batch process animations, meshes, scripts, and textures, and the one for scripts includes moving source files if they're in the wrong location.

It's a substantial hassle if using MO2 and running stuff unvirtualized, so in that case running Sublime Text (for example) from inside MO2 should work well.

6 hours ago, tasairis said:

The Fallout 4 CK supports multiple paths but I couldn't get it working for the SSE CK. Setting one path should work fine though.

That's what I do. I have a few things set up to batch process animations, meshes, scripts, and textures, and the one for scripts includes moving source files if they're in the wrong location.

It's a substantial hassle if using MO2 and running stuff unvirtualized, so in that case running Sublime Text (for example) from inside MO2 should work well.

All this is well and dandy when creating your own scripts. Then you have (or at least have a chance at) complete control of where your script and it's dependencies are. But for just resorting to script fragments in dialog views and suchlike, your script fragments are placed in a temporary folder over which you have no control (as far as I know). Yet still the compiler needs to know where your dependencies are. That is why I'm currently experimenting with the paths in the CreationKit.ini (because it would make the whole compiling thingy quite a lot more hassel free)

As it is now, I just chuck the scripts I need into CK's source folder and that is messy enough as it is.

Forgive my ignorance, I have kind of dissapeared form the LoversLab scene for a while (just seems to be a severe lack of mods now sadly =().

Will this allow existing mods to work with SE, or atleast allow authors to port over their mods without too much trouble to SE?

I am also guessing this has been addressed in the topic somewhere, so sorry if this is a repeated question.

7 minutes ago, FinalCloud said:

Ah ok cheers (and my bad), I did not realise that many of the SexLab mods were working in SE. Is there not any benefit in sticking with the normal edition now then? Other than a few minor mods. (Or atleast does it look like it will be this way soon)

With all the major dependencies getting converted and issues being solved one after one, there is less and less reason for sticking with Oldrim imo. 

Schlongs just became also working as well, that the current 0.2 alpha probably will become stable, as announced in the respective thread.

Others still not working, will surely follow soon. Now that many libraries have been converted, it gets quick forward with releases "everywhere".

16 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

apart from the fact that oldrim works better on older computers (+ it can run on Windows XP), and there's no Creation Crap to deal with.

... exactly why I stay with Oldrim, despite a Skylake Processor, 32GB of RAM and a 6GB video card. I hate the creation club. Well, and honestly Oldrim works pretty well for me. :smile: Once all the dust settles, I'll probably upgrade, but it works, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :smile:

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

umm...it was broke, and we fixed it, that's why oldrim works so well now.

I guess he means his current mod setup that he is running with oldrim? That is pretty much where I am at, establishing how much will work, and if the benefits of SE are worth the effort to do the research+replace of mods -.- + other admin.

1 hour ago, TR0767 said:

... exactly why I stay with Oldrim, despite a Skylake Processor, 32GB of RAM and a 6GB video card. I hate the creation club. Well, and honestly Oldrim works pretty well for me. :smile: Once all the dust settles, I'll probably upgrade, but it works, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :smile:

I am running a 6700 with 16GB RAM, was hoping to have a 1080Ti by now, but tragically still sat with my 4GB 970 =(, no issues on the specs tho, rather than "f it aint broke dont fix it", I am more at, "if it works fine dont mess with it".

To be honest I am also hoping to come here and see that some awesome sounding new female pc+story+quest mod has been in development for a few months without me knowing (i.e. since I last checked the site) which makes me think holy crap this is worth getting a nice Skyrim setup running. ...Anyway, that is another topic -.-.

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

apart from the fact that oldrim works better on older computers (+ it can run on Windows XP), and there's no Creation Crap to deal with.

Creation club does nothing to bother you, you dont have to use it if you dont want to, its mostly only there for the poor souls on consoles. 

If you want to hide the creation club stuff from the main menu use this mod
Clean Menu

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3223

I asked this over in the conversion thread but thats probably not the best place so im moving it here where its more relevant.

I'm trying Joy of perspective again, it works totally in every scenario except when a sexlab animation is playing, anyone else have that problem? 

I cant figure whats causing it, but it just goes wonky if you try to use first person with SL, cant see yourself or the other person, since the camera is off considerably.

5 hours ago, ArtemkaWoof said:

strange question in 2018

Not sure why the year matters but he asked, I am guessing, because the order you listed the items in in your initial post appears you ran FNIS then added SOS and then added Sexlab. Also you really added no other info making anything more than a random guess impossible. 

49 minutes ago, ericpeggy555 said:

After sexlab animation, all NPC's can't roll their eyes. Only restart SkyrimSE can back to normal. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

It seems to come and go, sometimes the eyes stay closed. It has not bothered me enough yet to mess with searching a fix though.