SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

2 hours ago, darchangel891 said:

Nope, all I have is SL light.  Im going to chalk it up to the mod being in development for SE tho.  

SL Light doesn't use the MCM, it installs automatically, just takes time. Think I read using the MCM actually can make the creature animations stop working, but don't really know.

I said most of this over there, but

8 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

A couple of people have mentioned on the conversion thread a need to have the mfgconsolefunc and nioverride scripts available when compiling mod scripts against SexLab. Is it possible to either (a) include the scripts from Oldrim SexLab and Oldrim Netimmerse Override respectively in the SexLab release, or (b) temporarily remove the references to these two scripts in SexLab until the corresponding mods are available?

NiOverride is alpha, but more than that it's a separate project and a dependency for SL. If people are able to grab the x64 DLL then they should be able to copy the Oldrim RaceMenu PSC+PEX too. That's assuming the Papyrus class is API-compatible.

MfgConsoleFunc isn't ported and the existing MfgConsole alternatives are incomplete. Honestly I just don't know the full situation behind what is and isn't available yet, or why. SL might be able to work with opparco's version (which includes Papyrus headers while andrelol's version does not) but, again, I don't know enough about it. I am fairly sure neither version is sufficient for a drop-in replacement so maybe just writing out references to it would be better for the time being.

2 hours ago, grimmjow666 said:

how can i add some animation ?

Most people have been able to get SLAL to work but you have to learn how to convert Oldrim mods to SSE. There are guides available out there. Then you also need to convert the animation packs you want to install. (And follow the usual steps after that.)

The easiest option has been to use the animations from SL Lite. Instructions

3 hours ago, darchangel891 said:

Nope, all I have is SL light.  Im going to chalk it up to the mod being in development for SE tho.  

Then you are in the wrong place alltogether because this is the support thread for the beta of the full version of Sexlab for SE.

The lite version will be obsolete when this releases.

11 hours ago, Gnafron said:

Has anyone managed to make SexLab Tools work correctly in SE ? I kinda succeeded but it seems stuck on the first animations list it grabs from SL and, no matter what, never modifies this list when I ask it to...

Extract bsa, convert esp, find oldrim mod with uilib_1.pex or compile your own and put in scripts = works in beta, too buggy in SL Lite

So with nif files in the FaceGen folder under Meshes for Dangerous Nights. Do I need to optimise them? There are nif files under both meshes and textures. Guides say optimise all nif in meshes, but the guide here says don't touch FaceGen folder. 

Also, Dangerous Nights includes .tga files together with .dds files. There are no bsa files to extract nor hkx files to convert.

Is it just the.esp file that needs to be resaved in CK SE?

16 minutes ago, SkyrimReturner said:

So with nif files in the FaceGen folder under Meshes for Dangerous Nights. Do I need to optimise them? There are nif files under both meshes and textures. Guides say optimise all nif in meshes, but the guide here says don't touch FaceGen folder. 

Also, Dangerous Nights includes .tga files together with .dds files. There are no bsa files to extract nor hkx files to convert.

Is it just the.esp file that needs to be resaved in CK SE?

I am the only one saying don't touch the facegen folder. That is because of my experimental results - Optimize facegen NIFs - Skyrim crashes.

Roll back the facegen NIFs - Skyrim CTDs stop. Not always; may have just been one NIF. Try converting - YMMV.

Nif Optimizer still has a few bugs also, like some NIFs it crashes on.

5 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I am the only one saying don't touch the facegen folder. That is because of my experimental results - Optimize facegen NIFs - Skyrim crashes.

Roll back the facegen NIFs - Skyrim CTDs stop. Not always; may have just been one NIF. Try converting - YMMV.

Nif Optimizer still has a few bugs also, like some NIFs it crashes on.

So for Dangerous Nights, it is just the esp that needs to be resaved then? No other changes?

Sorry to be such a hassle but I cannot add SL Light anims to SL 1.63.
Although I followed the instructions to the letter :
-Replacing the SL 1.63 actors folder with the SL Light one
-Replacing sslAnimationDefaults and sslCreatureAnimationDefaults scripts,

--> SL keeps on not recognizing any animation (FATAL : invalid arguments) during registration.

Did I miss something here ?

So I just can't seem to get the animations running. They initiate, but characters either stand about 2 feet one behind the other, in a T pose(Sort of, hands pointing down, instead of straight sideways) OR they get merged together(Ie they clip together). I've tried most everything i can think of, including reinstalling the mods, faffing about with FNIS in every way i know. Any ideas?

Is it necessary to convert .esm to .esp?

For example, for Dangerous Nights, after say any nif optimisation and .hkx updates, would it work if I open and load the .esm in CK and then close it. The only issue is that when I try to save it, CK only shows the .esp files and doesn't allow .esm to be saved. Is that still ok? I saw an earlier thread that says it can be ok to just 'touch' the files in CK.

23 minutes ago, SkyrimReturner said:

Is it necessary to convert .esm to .esp?

For example, for Dangerous Nights, after say any nif optimisation and .hkx updates, would it work if I open and load the .esm in CK and then close it. The only issue is that when I try to save it, CK only shows the .esp files and doesn't allow .esm to be saved. Is that still ok? I saw an earlier thread that says it can be ok to just 'touch' the files in CK.

You cannot save ESM's in the CK, download a copy of WyreBash off the nexus and use it to change the ESM to ESP and back.

6 hours ago, Gnafron said:

Sorry to be such a hassle but I cannot add SL Light anims to SL 1.63.
Although I followed the instructions to the letter :
-Replacing the SL 1.63 actors folder with the SL Light one
-Replacing sslAnimationDefaults and sslCreatureAnimationDefaults scripts,

--> SL keeps on not recognizing any animation (FATAL : invalid arguments) during registration.

Did I miss something here ?

No, you didn't miss anything, Sexlab Light is using a different syntax to register animations than what SexLab Beta uses, thus the 'invalid arguments'

1 hour ago, Slammer64 said:

No, you didn't miss anything, Sexlab Light is using a different syntax to register animations than what SexLab Beta uses, thus the 'invalid arguments'

Thanks for the answer.
But it's really strange that this method worked well the very first time I tried it on my experiment MO2 profile... Four full pages of working animations were registered in SL 1.63. I cannot reproduce it anymore. This is mind boggling.

2 hours ago, Gnafron said:

Thanks for the answer.
But it's really strange that this method worked well the very first time I tried it on my experiment MO2 profile... Four full pages of working animations were registered in SL 1.63. I cannot reproduce it anymore. This is mind boggling.

Ive got all the SL-Light anims working with my other anims over 11k anims registered! lol, I cant recall what I did to port it now lol, but im about to remove it anyhow now that SLAL is a thing :smile: 

11 hours ago, infiniteone said:

Ive got all the SL-Light anims working with my other anims over 11k anims registered! lol, I cant recall what I did to port it now lol, but im about to remove it anyhow now that SLAL is a thing :smile: 

How do you make SLAL work without an SE version of JContainers ???

On 2/23/2018 at 5:47 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Then you are in the wrong place alltogether because this is the support thread for the beta of the full version of Sexlab for SE.

The lite version will be obsolete when this releases.

When SKyrim VR releases, we'll be using SL Lite (thank god) since we won't have SKSE.

And wow, Jcontainers is now out!!

57 minutes ago, meowmix555 said:

When SKyrim VR releases, we'll be using SL Lite (thank god) since we won't have SKSE.

And wow, Jcontainers is now out!!

I can't imagine thinking SL Lite would be better than SL Full but since VR is apparently an exclusive to the PatheticStation4 I don't see you getting it to work at all considering you don't have FNIS for the PS4 and with Sony playing gatekeeper for all mods allowed on PS4 they're not going to let SL Lite into the system.

1 hour ago, WaxenFigure said:

I can't imagine thinking SL Lite would be better than SL Full but since VR is apparently an exclusive to the PatheticStation4 I don't see you getting it to work at all considering you don't have FNIS for the PS4 and with Sony playing gatekeeper for all mods allowed on PS4 they're not going to let SL Lite into the system.

Skyrim VR is coming to "other platforms" this year.  I guess that's Bethesda speak for PC.  Still, Skyrim VR (since it will have a new .exe) won't have SKSE support.