SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

13 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Ah, so the issue is with forms stored on other forms rather than in files.

In 1.5.97 (2.0.17) I did a quick test and was able to store one actor form on another with no trouble. I was then able to save, quit to desktop, relaunch, reload the last save and the form was still stored on the actor. This was specifically storing actor refs using SetFormValue and GetFormValue as mentioned in the bug report.

Are either the target forms or stored forms from an ESL? That was another thing mentioned by the bug report. Not in a position to test that right now.

Neither are from an ESL to the best of my knowledge. The bug occurs when using the MME mod (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/101166-milk-mod-economy-se/). I have tested it with both custom followers and default Skyrim NPCs. The data for my own character seems to save without issues, but not for any NPCs.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "forms stored on other forms"? Is this how Papyrusutil stores data inside a skse co-save?

23 hours ago, Martimius said:

Alright, I'm considering installing SexLab on this playthrough, but am just currently worried how it plays alongside Flower Girls. Is SexLab also safe to install mid-game?

There is no interoperability between the frameworks.  They are separate and self-contained, providing similar features to different sets of mods.  Neither share resources/animations/functions.  You might experience issues when using mods in both frameworks that happen to provide similar features.  Just pay attention to what a given mod provides to avoid potential problems.

7 hours ago, AWHA said:

Neither are from an ESL to the best of my knowledge. The bug occurs when using the MME mod (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/101166-milk-mod-economy-se/). I have tested it with both custom followers and default Skyrim NPCs. The data for my own character seems to save without issues, but not for any NPCs.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "forms stored on other forms"? Is this how Papyrusutil stores data inside a skse co-save?

Not familiar with MME but this sounds like an issue with that mod in particular rather than with PU. Might be worth asking in the mod support thread, see if anyone else is seeing it.

StorageUtil (a component of PapyrusUtil) can store forms (such as actors), Ints, Floats, Strings and arrays of all of these. It can do this globally or attach data to particular forms (such as the player or an NPC or a piece of armour). This data is then kept with the save. It can also store data in a file saved into the Data folder which allows it to be transported between saves.

Saving files to the Data folder can trigger Windows security if Skyrim is installed under Program Files which can then result in unexpected behaviour or CTD.

2 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Not familiar with MME but this sounds like an issue with that mod in particular rather than with PU. Might be worth asking in the mod support thread, see if anyone else is seeing it.

StorageUtil (a component of PapyrusUtil) can store forms (such as actors), Ints, Floats, Strings and arrays of all of these. It can do this globally or attach data to particular forms (such as the player or an NPC or a piece of armour). This data is then kept with the save. It can also store data in a file saved into the Data folder which allows it to be transported between saves.

Saving files to the Data folder can trigger Windows security if Skyrim is installed under Program Files which can then result in unexpected behaviour or CTD.

Thanks for the explanation. The data from MME is supposed to be stored with the saved games, and it's not being read correctly. i.e. after updating Papyrusutil to version 3.8 and loading a save, the game can no longer read the previous saved data. This has been confirmed by multiple people. Users of other mods have also reported similar issues after updating to version 3.8.

And yeah, the author of MME thinks there is a bug with the new version of PapyrusUtil/StorageUtil but he didn't elaborate.

57 minutes ago, AWHA said:

Thanks for the explanation. The data from MME is supposed to be stored with the saved games, and it's not being read correctly. i.e. after updating Papyrusutil to version 3.8 and loading a save, the game can no longer read the previous saved data. This has been confirmed by multiple people. Users of other mods have also reported similar issues after updating to version 3.8.

And yeah, the author of MME thinks there is a bug with the new version of PapyrusUtil/StorageUtil but he didn't elaborate.

So to be clear in the interests of focusing potential bug hunting: The issue is with data stored using a previous version of PU which is then no longer accessible when using the latest version of PU. BUT data stored with the latest version of PU is accessible as expected. Is that correct?

This would be different from the last bug reported by Musjes that describes not being able to retrieve values stored in the same version between sessions (which I was not able to reproduce in 2.0.17/3.8).

5 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

So to be clear in the interests of focusing potential bug hunting: The issue is with data stored using a previous version of PU which is then no longer accessible when using the latest version of PU. BUT data stored with the latest version of PU is accessible as expected. Is that correct?

This would be different from the last bug reported by Musjes that describes not being able to retrieve values stored in the same version between sessions (which I was not able to reproduce in 2.0.17/3.8).

No. Nothing is accessible with version 3.8.

3 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

That is not correct. The 3.8 version of PapyrusUtil as included with Sexlab is broken.

MME - and AYGAS - worked correctly up until the last SKSE update. Now neither returns new data stored across a save.

Musje opened a bug report Jan 5 against PapyrusUtil on 5 January. Apparently no one has looked at it.

3 minutes ago, fred200 said:

That is not correct. The 3.8 version of PapyrusUtil as included with Sexlab is broken.

MME - and AYGAS - worked correctly up until the last SKSE update. Now neither returns new data stored across a save.

Musje opened a bug report Jan 5 against PapyrusUtil on 5 January. Apparently no one has looked at it.

3 minutes ago, AWHA said:

No. Nothing is accessible with version 3.8.

In that case something else is going on here as I am able to access data as described in the bug report. I tested storing and retrieving Forms and Ints to and from actors between sessions with no issues. This is all with the PU DLLs that come with SL SE Beta 8 which is (so far as I know) identical to the standalone version on Nexus.

13 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

In that case something else is going on here as I am able to access data as described in the bug report. I tested storing and retrieving Forms and Ints to and from actors between sessions with no issues. This is all with the PU DLLs that come with SL SE Beta 8 which is (so far as I know) identical to the standalone version on Nexus.

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts. If you have the time, could you have a look at the scripts for MME https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6103-milk-mod-economy-se/ and see if you can identify the problem? In my testing MME stopped storing data correctly after I updated to version 3.8 of PU (everything worked fine prior to this), but I don't know enough to tell if the problem is with MME or PU.

If you have time - look at AYGAS scripts also.

Sold slaves lose owner information. This started only with Papyrus 3.8 (and associated StorageUtil).

Something big happened with SKSE64 2.0.17 and Sexlab 163 Beta 8.

Were there any file system changes on Bethesda's part?

24 minutes ago, AWHA said:

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts. If you have the time, could you have a look at the scripts for MME https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6103-milk-mod-economy-se/ and see if you can identify the problem? In my testing MME stopped storing data correctly after I updated to version 3.8 of PU (everything worked fine prior to this), but I don't know enough to tell if the problem is with MME or PU.

Can you describe the exact issue you are seeing in-game, what is expected to happen and what actually happens?

9 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Can you describe the exact issue you are seeing in-game, what is expected to happen and what actually happens?

Have you used MME before. If not this will most likely not make sense to you. Basically MME tracks certain NPCs and stores various values about those NPCs. These values are stored in the saved games. When I updated to version 3.8 of PU (and Beta 8 of SL) I immediately had these problems:

On a saved game created with version 3.7 of PU, all saved values reverted to "zero" or "null" upon reload.

On a new saved game created with version 3.8 of PU, all saved values reverted to "zero" or "null" upon reload (same as above).

If I don't save, MME will correctly calculate the values. If I then leave the cell and come back, all the previously calculated values are reset to zero (they should be persistent).

SO, with MME I expect values like "lactacid" to persist after save/load or cell change. With PU version 3.8 the values revert to zero whenever I load a save or leave the cell.

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

AYGAS

2 hours ago, AWHA said:

MME

Had a quick look at the scripts for both of those and nothing jumped out.

Is everyone on 1.5.97 getting the same issue or only some? Is anything overriding SexLab or PapyrusUtil? Is this issue evident in other mods using PU in the same save (SL stats for example, or maybe Aroused Creatures collar settings)? Are there any errors/warnings in the Papyrus logs for the mods?

I threw together this test mod that just stores, removes and tests for a single hard coded Int value on any actor with notifications to indicate the result:

TestMod SE - StorageUtil Test.7z

Just target an actor (stand close enough to get the talk/ride prompt) then hit NumPad 7 to store the value 1234 on the actor, hit NumPad 8 to remove that value, or NumPad 9 to test if the value is stored on the actor. So target an actor, hit NP7 to record the value, hit NP9 to make sure it is stored, then save the game - I recommend using the console to make a named save such as save "STORAGE TEST 01" so that it's easy to track. Then quit out to the desktop, launch again, load that last save and hit NP9 on the same actor to see if the value is recorded. Naturally, if you have any other controls bound to those keys the result may be interesting.

To be clear this mod is tested and working in my 1.5.97/2.0.17 game with SL SE Beta 8. If this is working in your game then the issue is likely to be with those mods. If this is not working then the issue is probably something to do with your game that is interfering with PU.

Grumble mumble...

I just tried to recreate the MME version of the bug with PapyrusUtil on a new playthrough.

Works fine.

My only guess is that data structures created prior to 3.8 don't work with 3.8.

Ashal - thanks for looking at it. I will check if a new start also fixes AYGAS.

4 hours ago, fred200 said:

Grumble mumble...

I just tried to recreate the MME version of the bug with PapyrusUtil on a new playthrough.

Works fine.

My only guess is that data structures created prior to 3.8 don't work with 3.8.

Ashal - thanks for looking at it. I will check if a new start also fixes AYGAS.

I'm still having the same problem, even with a new game. FYI the author of MME updated the mod to fix an unrelated issue, and a side effect of the update is that the error messages will no longer appear when MME cannot load previously saved data. In other words, no MME error messages will appear but the data is still not saving/reading correctly.

There is also discussion of this bug in the AYGAS topic:

6 hours ago, AWHA said:

I'm still having the same problem, even with a new game. FYI the author of MME updated the mod to fix an unrelated issue, and a side effect of the update is that the error messages will no longer appear when MME cannot load previously saved data. In other words, no MME error messages will appear but the data is still not saving/reading correctly.

Were these error messages notifications or message boxes? Can you tell us exactly what the error messages were saying, word-for word so we can find the source in the scripts?

11 hours ago, Ashal said:

I'm also unable to recreate the supposed PU bug. 

You can check the bug report on nexus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048/?tab=bugs ) to see my test script.

I just made a quick ESL that places a dog on the "coc whiterun" bridge. Spawned in, stored an int on the actor using the above test mod, quit to desktop, launched, reloaded the save and the int was still on the dog. For the sake of completeness I also took the source ESP and instead flagged it as ESL in xEdit but left it with the ESP extension and performed the same test, but the results were identical: the int was stored and retrieved as expected.

I'm wondering now if there is something else peculiar about the actors involved in this, perhaps something that is breaking PU? Are those seeing it able to store data on vanilla actors?

I have an issue with teleporting: even if I disable bed teleports in MCM the actors gets teleported.

In Windhelm - Temple Of Talos - in front of the altar: The actors are teleported into nirvana

Same with altar in Temple of Kynaret in Whiterun

How can I completely disable teleports?

Update:

Log = [01/20/2020 - 11:37:09PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - Using Bed Type: 1

Sexlab Config =  "askbed" : 1

Issue = Teleport to nirvana - No message box appeared to ask if a bed shall be used

Was cause by a mod...

A bit more to look at on PapyrusUtil.

All my failures on MME and AYGAS occured with NPCs whose refid started with FF. (PAHE slaves)

My successes were on NPCs whose REFID did not start with FF.

Suspicion: ESL support added to PapyrusUtil (FE Refid) broke support for FF refid.

Credit Musje for finding this link.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

A bit more to look at on PapyrusUtil.

All my failures on MME and AYGAS occured with NPCs whose refid started with FF. (PAHE slaves)

My successes were on NPCs whose REFID did not start with FF.

Suspicion: ESL support added to PapyrusUtil (FE Refid) broke support for FF refid.

Credit Musje for finding this link.

Okay, finally able to confirm this.

Located an actor with a dynamically allocated RefID (a More Creatures husky) and placed it at the player. Followed the test procedure described above and the after loading the save the Int value was not found on the actor. Tested this multiple times.

11 hours ago, MaIevoIent said:

There are no dialogue options to initiate sex with this mod.  WHat do I need to install with it?  

SexLabArousedRedux, Animated Prostitution?  How do I get the options to come up?

SexLab Framework does nothing by itself. You'll find many mods that use the framework to integrate sexual activity into the game here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/228-sexlab-framework-se/