Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

13 hours ago, sakuravs said:

Thanks. Can you also do the white color for Marie?

The hash of Marie's texture is the same as kasumi,kokoro.

So if you replace the texture file of @bbva's mod with kasumi or kokoro texture file, you should be able to make Marie's swimsuit white.

I tried to change the color of Marie's texture with GIMP, but that wasn't possible with my technique.

11 hours ago, Blarraven said:

I tried to edit Marie bikini

Reveal hidden contents

353061544_Screenshot2020-07-0414_15_48.png.a68e087312e5dc72e272067d78be0586.png

but the result is like this

Reveal hidden contents

1814885844_Screenshot2020-07-0414_14_58.png.47d7bc30a78b2ceab350ce4544fe4fd8.png

Anyone know how to fix it?

Maybe adding the "drawindexed = auto" will solve the problem, as in the code below.

[TextureOverrideBra]
hash = xxxxxxxx
match_first_index = xxxxxx
vb0 = ResourceBraVB
ib = ResourceBraIB
drawindexed = auto
handling = skip

19 hours ago, 打飞机 said:

Snag_184d93f0.png

Not these. I put a screen in another topic with the Alice body,I'll see if I can find it... Same style jeans (different color) on Type V... and they fit on that body,at least from the side and back. These aren't single piece armors,they go on as accessories for mix and match so clipping problems can come up.

1 hour ago, tk2004 said:

Maybe adding the "drawindexed = auto" will solve the problem, as in the code below.

[TextureOverrideBra]
hash = xxxxxxxx
match_first_index = xxxxxx
vb0 = ResourceBraVB
ib = ResourceBraIB
drawindexed = auto
handling = skip

I already did, that's the result

hash = 931ad0b5
match_first_index = 8076
vb0 = ResourceBraVB
ib = ResourceBraIB

handling = skip
drawindexed = auto

15 hours ago, Pachino said:

It's an my old mod, but it still works

For Honoka and Common Body

Press F10 to refresh mods

Press Ctrl + 1 or Ctrl + 2 to turn on the variation switch first.

Press Ctrl + Left key or Ctrl + Right key or Ctrl + x or Ctrl + z or Shift + x or Shift + z to change variations

Also, you can save the variation settings by press F10.

SR.Orange.Shirt.zip 4.25 MB · 134 downloads

Its lovely<3Appreciate it very much,Thank you!

@Gugligo - That's likely an older custom Tan mod which were known to cause problems if they replaced "ps-t1" or "ps-t3" directly instead of the newer keyword "this" when matching texture hashes. The pink texture is definitely a "tan" mask texture file so check what's in Mods/Tan and try disabling them.

11 hours ago, Blarraven said:

I already did, that's the result

hash = 931ad0b5
match_first_index = 8076
vb0 = ResourceBraVB
ib = ResourceBraIB

handling = skip
drawindexed = auto

The bra files (*.vb and *.ib) may not be exported properly. Check the *.vb and *.ib files of the bra you edited by re-opening them in blender.

58 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

That's likely an older custom Tan mod which were known to cause problems if they replaced "ps-t1" or "ps-t3" directly instead of the newer keyword "this" when matching texture hashes.

I'm sorry, can you please elaborate on that(maybe with example)?

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Gugligo - That's likely an older custom Tan mod which were known to cause problems if they replaced "ps-t1" or "ps-t3" directly instead of the newer keyword "this" when matching texture hashes. The pink texture is definitely a "tan" mask texture file so check what's in Mods/Tan and try disabling them.

Thank you very much, I just disabled the Tan mods and it worked. The only problem I have now is that the Girl in the Shower is still looking at me.

@etsorhtt - The skin shader and the tanning shader both use the the tan mask textures, but for different channels. The body/skin shaders only look at the Green and Blue channels of the texture file while the tanning shader looks at the Red Channel. This means both shaders use the same texture file (and hash), however the skin/body shader puts the texture in the ps-t3 slot while the tanning shader put the texture in the ps-t1 slot. If a TextureOverride is used to match the this tan mask texture file, it would have to know when to properly replace ps-t1 or ps-t3 depending on which shader is currently drawing. Initially that was all that was known and available so the tan mods always replaced I think ps-t1 everytime (I don't exactly remember because I've long since fixed my copies), combine this assumption with the fact that the game only reloads a texture if thinks it needs to and you can easily get replaced resources spilling into other render calls.

The moral of the story is if you want to match and replace texture files individually, use the "this" keyword as it'll correlate to whichever resource slot matched the hash. If ps-t1 had the match, "this" will correspond to ps-t1. If ps-t3 had the match, "this" will correspond to ps-t3. If you are matching a ib/vb0 hash, you must use ps-t# which is fine in those cases (NOTE: "this" might correspond to the ib or vb0 in this case. I'm not sure, but generally isn't as helpful compared to when matching texture hashes)

; Bad Practice

[TextureOverrideBadTextureReplacement]

; Hash of Original Texture DDS

hash=12345678

ps-t1 = ResourceCustomTexture

; Recommended

[TextureOverrideRecommendedReplacement]

hash=12345678

this = ResourceCustomTexture

Spoiler

image.png.a2e6ca2ed97444732f348f2f37817697.png

ps-t3 texture from skin shaders

image.png.2df68ba326c2322dabd0974c1f4ad695.png

Red Channel (Used only during Tan shader, when Increase/Decrease Tan selected)

image.png.7f04ba1a6167272f623a267f1da8f35d.png

Green Channel ( Used during Body/Skin Shader)

image.png.7e7316c697f2e25514db077ea2cb2fc0.png

Blue Channel ( Used during Body/Skin Shader)

46 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@etsorhtt - The skin shader and the tanning shader both use the the tan mask textures, but for different channels. The body/skin shaders only look at the Green and Blue channels of the texture file while the tanning shader looks at the Red Channel. This means both shaders use the same texture file (and hash), however the skin/body shader puts the texture in the ps-t3 slot while the tanning shader put the texture in the ps-t1 slot. If a TextureOverride is used to match the this tan mask texture file, it would have to know when to properly replace ps-t1 or ps-t3 depending on which shader is currently drawing. Initially that was all that was known and available so the tan mods always replaced I think ps-t1 everytime (I don't exactly remember because I've long since fixed my copies), combine this assumption with the fact that the game only reloads a texture if thinks it needs to and you can easily get replaced resources spilling into other render calls.

The moral of the story is if you want to match and replace texture files individually, use the "this" keyword as it'll correlate to whichever resource slot matched the hash. If ps-t1 had the match, "this" will correspond to ps-t1. If ps-t3 had the match, "this" will correspond to ps-t3. If you are matching a ib/vb0 hash, you must use ps-t# which is fine in those cases (NOTE: "this" might correspond to the ib or vb0 in this case. I'm not sure, but generally isn't as helpful compared to when matching texture hashes)

; Bad Practice

[TextureOverrideBadTextureReplacement]

hash=12345678

ps-t1 = ResourceCustomTexture

; Recommended

[TextureOverrideRecommendedReplacement]

hash=12345678

this = ResourceCustomTexture

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a2e6ca2ed97444732f348f2f37817697.png

ps-t3 texture from skin shaders

image.png.2df68ba326c2322dabd0974c1f4ad695.png

Red Channel (Used only during Tan shader, when Increase/Decrease Tan selected)

image.png.7f04ba1a6167272f623a267f1da8f35d.png

Green Channel ( Used during Body/Skin Shader)

image.png.7e7316c697f2e25514db077ea2cb2fc0.png

Blue Channel ( Used during Body/Skin Shader)

Thanks for so thorough explanation! I was working on tan mod and had problems, amazing info.

6 hours ago, avenger54 said:

If the "Show new mods first" option is on, the recently uploaded mods will be highlighted in the list now. Currently it shows mods uploaded in last 7 days, I'll probably add more options in the future.

This mod manager is going to be one of the most useful tools i have. Thank you very much.

Highlighting the last updates is a very nice option but its not working for me, what can be the problem, any ideas?

vmm.thumb.jpg.bd8e28dc3d43075c5dcd36382c1b6452.jpg