How to create the "Clubs"

Hello,

as you can see, with the new forum version, we have now a new feature called Clubs.

A club is like a sub-forum, where you can add your own topics, organized in tabs, blogs, pictures, and even download section.

We do not have yet defined the rules to use them, but for sure the normal LoversLab rules will apply.

Just remember that to create a new club, you need a moderator approval. So, in case you want to create one, please PM @CPU or @gregathit or @DoctaSax or @myuhinny.

Rather than a club, I'd like to see a DEV section under the HOME screen. One separated into different section or pinned threads. Such as Organic modeling, props, wearables and weapons, architect, landscape/environment, textures, and FX. It would be a good area to just show off and learn, or even recruit for mods, etc. Surly it world be a big help to the community.

Edited by NightroModzz

A small request : could you add a way for moderators to edit files ?  For exemple, edit the title or the description of the file.  It could be usefull to ensure files use the same template etc.

Also, is there a way to search by tag in the files section ?

Edited by mangalo
23 minutes ago, mangalo said:

A small request : could you add a way for moderators to edit files ?  For exemple, edit the title or the description of the file.  It could be usefull to ensure files use the same template etc.

Also, is there a way to search by tag in the files section ?

The search can be limited to clubs and tags.

Club moderators have limited power but you can always ask a real moderator to do it.

6 minutes ago, cetuximab said:

Hey, one issue I am seeing with the clubs section.  If I have the HTTPS Everywhere plugin enabled on Firefox, when I join a club, it gets stuck in an infinite refresh loop and I can't navigate past the club main page.

Disable the plugin for LoversLab.

It is known that it will create problems.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ankahet said:

How do I see specifically which clubs I am a part of?

Go to your profile. When it opens the default will have the activity tab activated which will show your posts. Next to the Activity tab is the Clubs tab (both of these will be above your posts). Click on it and it will show all clubs that you are currently active in.

12 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Go to your profile. When it opens the default will have the activity tab activated which will show your posts. Next to the Activity tab is the Clubs tab (both of these will be above your posts). Click on it and it will show all clubs that you are currently active in.

Ahhh thank you kindly. I'm on my phone for now due to a huge storm and no internet. The arrow on this screen is so small I didn't see it xD

26 minutes ago, Ankahet said:

Ahhh thank you kindly. I'm on my phone for now due to a huge storm and no internet. The arrow on this screen is so small I didn't see it xD

You're welcome and for future reference I wrote a guide to navigating the site which can be found here:

You'll find the answers to most commonly asked questions in it.

You

24 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You're welcome and for future reference I wrote a guide to navigating the site which can be found here:

You'll find the answers to most commonly asked questions in it.

You

Now I just need to figure out how to create a club for approval xD

• 5 weeks later...

Ashal will have to answer that one.  You might try shooting him a PM.  Understand it may take him a long time to respond, if he does at all (he is one busy dude).

The general forum pinned threads behave the same way that the clubs do. They move up or down depending on which one has the latest post in it.  Just an FYI.

• 3 weeks later...

So just a couple of request/suggestions for clubs

1) Allow Subcategories for Files Sections similar to the main forums would really help with organization so we don't have to rely too much on tags

2) Have the club topics wrap once they span across the top banner

3) Ability to have create hidden topics only specific users or roles can see

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, Lestat1627 said:

I must have made some mess. How can I arrange the various pages in order to group them? If there is a guide, please indicate it to me, thanks

Hide contents

club.jpg.7d7b9d2b2718ac25dd1aa1d1ca2ef04e.jpg

With "pages" you mean the menu? Members, Skyrim LE Destruction Voice etc. Click on 'manage club' and then 'reorder menu'. Then you can drag these topics into order as you please

Unfortunately that won't help him.  He created a shit ton of tabs, some with very long names and they scroll off the page.  For whatever reason the menu won't allow a second or third row.  

Lestat1627, try PM'ing Ashal with a link to your club and a quick explanation of what is going on.  If he can add the extra rows (or space for them) that should do the trick.

• 1 month later...

I have a little question about the Topics in Clubs. Do they publically show to everyone on the Main Page when you post them or do they only show to your Club Members ? I wasn´t sure so it felt a little awkward posting 4 Topics that suddenly took up half the "New Topics " section.