2 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

It looks like you need an account to download files.

I made an account quite easily, but I wasn't for sure if there was no way to download the mod if there was something to download at all; based on the tags titles and comments it seems like there is or at least was a download link there

I do want some additional animations for this game. At the very least idle stances. There are a couple mods that add stances that replaces the 8 in the core game, but they all look silly as fuck. Best thing we have for the moment is the nude mod, the breat size limit removal, and custom starts with adult backstories. I have strong faith that the community will be able to add a lot more ofer time though. It hasn't been out of early access that long yet.

I don't think it requires much animation. It's just the pose the character is standing in while not doing anything. Even the crouch pose gets up and runs like normal when you issue a move command. I assume the skeleton frame just goes from pose to animation on its own, but I have no clue about this either, so who knows.

Is it even possible to add more poses, or is the game hardcoded with 8 slots only?

Anims in Kenshi are handled via Havok (like Skyrim.) So when a new animevent is sent, the nodes of the body just slide to the new pose/anim first frame. No rigging involved, so if the pose are really different many glitches will happen.

Kenshi looks like hardcoding the transition to 0.25 seconds. So it will always happen way fast.

About the poses they are not hardcoded in places. But they are hardcoded in names.

They are extensible. There are mods already doing it.

But there is a miss in a possibility to apply a pose to a character. The only way I found is the create a "Feature" linking the anim to it, linking the Feature to a Furniture feature, then to a furniture.

When the furniture is used the actor will assume the specified pose/anim.

(There are no differences between poses and anims, it is just a matter of how many frames they have.)

1 hour ago, Kargrin said:

So I opened the female poses mod, and the only file there is a single .skeleton. So I take the file contain all the animations? Is this editable in Blender?

Hide contents

whutk.png

Yes, it is editable in Blender. You need the tool to convert the format. They are on the lo-fi forum.

Be aware the skeleton is only a part of the pose. You still need the actual anim. That is associated with the event that will create the pose.

If you do figure out a way to pull this off, I have a couple suggestions for possible poses:

poses.jpg.43ace16daf4d0d4ce90898585e0ebdd5.jpg

Not all would be suitable, or fitting for male characters though (especially the rightmost one) but the idle stance mods that already exist are separate by gender, so it should be fine.

I wonder if it's bossible to create mods that add additional sliders in character customization. Such as rotating the shoulder joints clockwise and counter clockwise.

The existing stance where the character stands with their arms crossed over their chest would benefit from that. If you have large breasts and thin arms for instance, the breasts will clip through the arms.

True, you could tweak around with the shoulders a little (up and down) but not enough to fix the clipping issue in most situations.

Sometimes the pose looks okay on the customization menu, but once I exit the menu the clipping issues comes back. I have no idea what causes that, but it seems to also be an issue with the shoulders. When i open the character customization menu through talking to a plastic surgeon, the pose looks exactly like it does in the game world, but once I change a single value, the shoulder positioning changes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, GrimReaper said:

I wonder how open Kenshi actually is. Given that the dev didn't want players or NPCs to finish off defeated enemies and no mod has been able to implement that option, I reckon it's pretty much impossible to add in new systems. You probably can only use what's already there. Which means something like 'furniture' with animations could be implemented, but not much else.

There have been at least a couple of mods that implemented finishing off enemies - I have at least two in my mod list (only one active though, since I prefer the way it does it).

Personally, I really want to see replacement meshes and/or textures for the characters that look *much* better.  The current meshes are... primitive - and the textures are fugly.  I really think that someone with some talent and a bit of time could make huge changes to Kenshi - with enough time, it should be possible to rebuild the whole game world as some kind of Gorian dreamland :P

5 hours ago, SmartBadger said:

There have been at least a couple of mods that implemented finishing off enemies - I have at least two in my mod list (only one active though, since I prefer the way it does it).

Personally, I really want to see replacement meshes and/or textures for the characters that look *much* better.  The current meshes are... primitive - and the textures are fugly.  I really think that someone with some talent and a bit of time could make huge changes to Kenshi - with enough time, it should be possible to rebuild the whole game world as some kind of Gorian dreamland :P

I don't consider adding items that cause death by removal a solid workaround for the issue tbh. It causes problems all around, always funny to see slavers kill people they want to enslave because they take all the stuff in one's inventory. I'm also aware that you can put folks into the skin peeler machine or some sort of mod that adds craftable furniture for the player that does basically exactly what the peeler does, but I don't find that very satisfying, either. What I'd like to see is a simple option to right click -> kill a downed enemy, which hasn't been achieved yet. The mods I've mentioned above repurpose the mechanics that are already in the game by simply adding them to more NPCs or furniture, you can kill fog princes by removing their head which they carry around in their own inventory, for example. I haven't seen a mod that adds something entirely *new* to the game, yet.