On 3/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, Rushded said:

Hope I'm not spamming this thread too much. Had a lot of free time this week, so have been playing around a quite a bit with Kenshi.

This replaces the stealth crouch-move animation to a crawling one.

crawl.gif.c9b6e6897cc2d6fe827c3a2272130e29.gif

Kensh_craw.jpg

Crawl.rar 718.89 kB · 12 downloads

Do they still naruto run all over the place when they get high enough stealth? Or does your animation also replaces that?

Very nice btw

16 minutes ago, AlexRaQueiroz said:

Do they still naruto run all over the place when they get high enough stealth? Or does your animation also replaces that?

Very nice btw ?

I only replaced the crouch-walk animation. The naruto run should still work.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:49 AM, Rushded said:

Hope I'm not spamming this thread too much. Had a lot of free time this week, so have been playing around a quite a bit with Kenshi.

This replaces the stealth crouch-move animation to a crawling one.

crawl.gif.c9b6e6897cc2d6fe827c3a2272130e29.gif

Kensh_craw.jpg

Crawl.rar 718.89 kB · 21 downloads

This mod and some others from this thread don't work on my PC even on 1.0.17 version. Shouldn't the mod contain the animation itself?

did you remember to unzip them and put them in the mod folder?

and did you remember to remove the "Crawl" Mod folder out of the nested folders it's in?

if not then take the nested folder and move the one named "Crawl" and put THAT into the "mods" folder for Kenshi that will make it pop up on the mod list when you run the game

did you remember to unzip them and put them in the mod folder?

strange...I have downloaded both mods (poses and crawl), and have moved them to the folders correctly.

however no matter where I place them in the load order they cause the game to crash...

perhaps you made an error with the implementation?

4 hours ago, Sosina said:

strange...I have downloaded both mods (poses and crawl), and have moved them to the folders correctly.

however no matter where I place them in the load order they cause the game to crash...

perhaps you made an error with the implementation?

I definatley made an error with the implementation. Thank-you for pointing it out, and yes it was needing the animation/skeleton file. *derp

I've tested on a clean setup and it seems to work ok... Can someone please download and test these ones out? (Only 1 pole file will work at a time.)

I worked out how to create new animations. It was just me now knowing how to use blender properly. Looking forward to working on more if these work.

Just extract to the Kenshi game folder and finger crossed it should work this time.

Female_pole_impale.rar Female_pole_struggle.rar Female_crawl.rar Poses.rar

7 hours ago, Rushded said:

I definatley made an error with the implementation. Thank-you for pointing it out, and yes it was needing the animation/skeleton file. *derp

I've tested on a clean setup and it seems to work ok... Can someone please download and test these ones out? (Only 1 pole file will work at a time.)

I worked out how to create new animations. It was just me now knowing how to use blender properly. Looking forward to working on more if these work.

Just extract to the Kenshi game folder and finger crossed it should work this time.

Female_pole_impale.rar 7.3 kB · 2 downloads Female_pole_struggle.rar 72.85 kB · 6 downloads Female_crawl.rar 745.3 kB · 8 downloads Poses.rar 7.55 kB · 7 downloads

Now it all works.

16 hours ago, epitaph78 said:

Nice work with the idles @Rushded,

hope u dont mind that i changed the data structure of your Poses.rar mod so ppl dont have to put files in the Data folder, now everything is in the Mod folder.

I also addet a version for the "jrpg" Race. 

btw, did you test iff it is possible to make idle animations ?

jrpg_Pose.rar 7.31 kB · 5 downloads Pose.rar 7.23 kB · 6 downloads

Thanks @master_yo6a for testing it. Happy its working now. :)

The new structure is much tidier. I'll do the same for any news things.

Tested a quick idle animation and it seems to work ok. I'll start working on some others. Let me know if there's any issues. ^^

Pose_timid__idle_animation.rar

I see that THERE IS some people that are interested in modding this game (grumble...grumble)

Well, nevermind that. Back to the point.

I'm playing Kenshi a LOT since release, more that Skyrim actually... and I'm using some mods to make my slaves...interesting... The thing is, no matter how good the textures are (without lagging), we urgently need new body meshes, at least for the human male to start shaping it up... I have some experience with 3d modelling, but I still can't figure out how to open the .mesh files on my 3ds max ;-; 

What I'm trying to say is that I would be glad do remake the meshes and add the...bits... But I need some help on how to open the files on 3dsmax to export to my zbrush (sorry, I can't figure out how to Blender :/ )

I've tried asking on other sites but damn... It seems that Kenshi is still obscure somehow...

Try checking this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287177013

If TLDR: Kenshi uses .mesh and  .dds as textures.The devs have a basic template with the male and female bodies (blender file) theres a link to it in the guide.

Also the mesh needs to be zeroed and materials don't work (textures will be pointed with the mod tools, diffuse and normal)

Also I'd like to ask a pose to override the squat for females (also the sitting/sleeping pose if possible).

I simply can't make them work in blender. If you know how to open an animation file in Blender just to delete some animations and keep the ones I like it would be great. =/

6 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Try checking this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287177013

If TLDR: Kenshi uses .mesh and  .dds as textures.The devs have a basic template with the male and female bodies (blender file) theres a link to it in the guide.

Also the mesh needs to be zeroed and materials don't work (textures will be pointed with the mod tools, diffuse and normal)

Also I'd like to ask a pose to override the squat for females (also the sitting/sleeping pose if possible).

I simply can't make them work in blender. If you know how to open an animation file in Blender just to delete some animations and keep the ones I like it would be great. =/

I dunno how to Blender :/ The hotkeys, the interface...I was spoiled by 3DSMAX and I just want to use the software as a bridge and rigging tool anyways, the art will come from zbrush.... however, I may try to learn Blender just for sheer interest in this game :v 

If you know a good series of tutorials I would be glad to take a look :) 

As I said before, since I dunno how to work on Blender, I have not a single idea on how to work on animations made by it... Anyways, thanks for answering!

I have no knowledge in Blender animation so, I tried to start removing some animations in this pack

I've tried to delete the animations I don't want from the mod, but when I run it in game evryone stays on T-pose, and the game crash.

Anyone have a guide on how to properly add/delete animations?

Also whats FCS?

19 hours ago, Kargrin said:

I have no knowledge in Blender animation so, I tried to start removing some animations in this pack

I've tried to delete the animations I don't want from the mod, but when I run it in game evryone stays on T-pose, and the game crash.

Anyone have a guide on how to properly add/delete animations?

Also whats FCS?

Forgotten Construction Set.. The modding tool that came with the game... In my personal taste, is overly simplistic for complex creations, but some mods like Players Slavery can do sorcery to give some really interesting mods... You must use the FCS to add/edit anims... or it will crash the game, if you have some experience with Bethesda's Creation Kit or the GECK, you should have more than enough experience to work with the FCS... Don't worry if you have none....it's still pretty easy.

Oh, and removing animations without properly removing the dependancies on the FCS will indeed crash your game...like even static models will do that... Word of advice: NEVER modify the game base files...

On 3/10/2019 at 5:03 AM, Rushded said:

Female_pole_impale.rar 7.3 kB · 34 downloads Female_pole_struggle.rar 72.85 kB · 51 downloads Female_crawl.rar 745.3 kB · 56 downloads Poses.rar 7.55 kB · 40 downloads

Female pole struggle was crashing my game on load - I manually copied and renamed original skeleton file to female_poletest, game launches fine now.

OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to derive resource group for female_poletest.skeleton automatically since the resource was not found. in ResourceGroupManager::findGroupContainingResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 1814)

{0x00003514} 2019-03-19 18:38:37 [error]: [preprocessSkeleton] Failed to load skeleton file: female_poletest.skeleton

Haven't posted for a bit. Have been having some internet issues.  @Senko. Thanks for fixing that pole struggle issue. My quality control needs work lol. @Sosina. Sorry for replying so late. Feedback is more than welcome. I do appreciate it. I  wasn't able to fix the slav hip clipping issue. I've hopefully fixed that weird crawling hitch and the end of the animation.  Added a weird animation for the squat.

I've been playing around a bit more and I think I've worked out how to add new meshes with moving parts. I'll have something soon.

If anyone is using blender and having trouble like I was. You need 2 things. Found here: https://www.lofigames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10732

-  The Kenshi ogre plugin installed. (It only worked in Blender 2.79b for me. In 2.8 and older versions, menu items were missing)

-  The Kenshi_blender template

1) Open Blender, then open the kenshi_template.blend. You should see a male and female model with a sword. Select all and delete.

2) File->Import->Kenshi OGRE (.mesh)

2.jpg.c0d451a1147319df3666ae19ee8d631e.jpg

3) Browse to and select "female_skeleton.mesh". This should be located in \\Kenshi\data\character\meshes\female_skeleton\

-Make sure Import shape keys and import animation are ticked.

4)Switch to the NLA Editor. Highlight the animation you want to edit. Click Edit->Start Tweaking Action Strips

-If you switch to dope sheet, you can now start editing. When your done, go back to NLA, Edit ->Stop Tweaking Action Strips

*If you need to change the time frame of the animation. Goto the NLA editor. Select action strip, hit 'n' to bring up side menu. ->action clip-> change start Frame/End Frame.

4.jpg.fcdf210bf12e7a5b4e6bc4478d03a721.jpg

5) Once your done, delete all other animations. Swtich to object mode and select everything so that the bones and model are selected. . File->export->Kenshi OGRE(.mesh)

-Make sure tangents, Binormals, skeleton and animation are ticked.

Save it to a kenshi mods subfolder or wherever you want to keep it.

5.jpg.b9a330ad5ce9adf396420240dfa3f7f0.jpg

6) Open up the 'forgotten construction set.exe' from the kenshi game folder. Create a new mod. Browse to Animation Files and Create a new animtion file.

-Under animation, select the '...' and browse to where you saved your file.

-Make sure preprocess is set to true. This makes this animation take priority over the default

6.jpg.f34b85b628884a3c93011bb25fc6148a.jpg

7)Add this animation to any races or characters you would want this to play on.

There is a guides for it, but I couldn't find any that delve into animating. Hope this helps someone. 

Here's the guide I originally used:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/1699415798755910859/

Crawl.rar

Pose.rar