sims 4 tounge rigged

to all who want to know how to add tounge mesh for your rig to make clip animation, this are the step

first append tounge mesh (select "file" menu and choose append or you can do this via shorcut by pressing shift+f1 button)

choose blend file that already have tounge mesh (you can get it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r4wbmdxsfzy4saa/AAB7a9Hgh9MafPFB7GqhVAhba?dl=0)select "object" and choose "tounge"

post-1301181-0-48200100-1509540389_thumb.jpg

as you can see tounge mesh are added in outliner view

if your rig pose still in default pose, after you append the tounge mesh, it will be located "inside" the head mesh (if you want to look at it set hide the head mesh (by clicking eye icon)

post-1301181-0-51163000-1509540391_thumb.jpg

select your rig (you can select any bone), if still in pose mode, go to object mode

post-1301181-0-04912400-1509539379_thumb.jpg

now, select tounge mesh and select the rig (you can do this by left click on tounge mesh then, press shift key+left click on rig)

post-1301181-0-56734600-1509539380_thumb.jpg

press ctrl+p to set weight on it, (choose with automatic weight) and choose armature deform

post-1301181-0-73068300-1509539381_thumb.jpg

and it will be parented to the rig

post-1301181-0-96678200-1509540522_thumb.jpg

now select tounge mesh, and in vertex group, remove all associated bone except tounge bone (for avoiding any unwanted deform tounge mesh) --> you can skip this step since it used armature deform

post-1301181-0-25389000-1509540392_thumb.jpg

done, you can start animating tounge mesh

post-1301181-0-31425100-1509539385_thumb.jpg

additional

if you want to change color for the tounge (this will not changing in game, only in blender) then do this step

select tounge mesh, then in material menu, select new material, then change color for it

post-1301181-0-88732200-1509540935_thumb.jpg

thankyou azmodan22 for corection :D

now how to add tounge mesh to existing clip animation,

like if sim position in sleeping in bed, does the tounge mesh should be rotated to? 

no, it will be automatically rotated after you set weight on it

this picture show you after you append tounge mesh

post-1301181-0-66552900-1509541634_thumb.jpg

tounge mesh still in incorrect position, just set weight on it then it will be in correct position

post-1301181-0-81027000-1509541636_thumb.jpg

then you can start animating with tounge

post-1301181-0-33658800-1509541637_thumb.jpg

have fun with it ... 

to all who want to know how to add tounge mesh for your rig to make clip animation, this are the step

first append tounge mesh (select "file" menu and choose append or you can do this via shorcut by pressing shift+f1 button)

choose blend file that already have tounge mesh (you can get it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r4wbmdxsfzy4saa/AAB7a9Hgh9MafPFB7GqhVAhba?dl=0)select "object" and choose "tounge"

attachicon.gif1.jpg

if your rig pose still in default pose, after you append the tounge mesh, it will be located "inside" the head mesh (if you want to look at it set hide the head mesh (by clicking eye icon)

attachicon.gif2.jpg

select your rig (you can select any bone), if still in pose mode, go to object mode

attachicon.gif3.jpg

now, select tounge mesh and select the rig (you can do this by right click on tounge mesh then, press shift key+right click on rig)

attachicon.gif4.jpg

press ctrl+p to set weight on it, (choose with automatic weight<-- No!!. This will remake the weights. The tongue already has weights. Choose Armature Deform instead to keep the existing weights

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

now select tounge mesh, and in vertex group, remove all associated bone except tounge bone (for avoiding any unwanted deform tounge mesh) <- With "Armature Deforme you do not need that either :)

attachicon.gif7.jpg

attachicon.gif8.jpg

additional

if you want to change color for the tounge (this will not changing in game, only in blender) then do this step

select tounge mesh, then in material menu, select new material, then change color for it

attachicon.gif9.jpg

Very good guide autobanned. Made some corrections to it :D

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

now, select tounge mesh and select the rig (you can do this by right click on tounge mesh then, press shift key+right click on rig)

attachicon.gif4.jpg

press ctrl+p to set weight on it, (choose with automatic weight<-- No!!. This will remake the weights. The tongue already has weights. Choose Armature Deform instead to keep the existing weights

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

now select tounge mesh, and in vertex group, remove all associated bone except tounge bone (for avoiding any unwanted deform tounge mesh) <- With "Armature Deforme you do not need that either :)

attachicon.gif7.jpg

attachicon.gif8.jpg

additional

attachicon.gif9.jpg

Very good guide autobanned. Made some corrections to it :D

thankyou azmodan, it will much easier now since i dont have to remove all associated bone in vertex grup :D

where is link?

the link is in the first post

unfortunately there is no animation with this custom rig at the moment, but as far as i know amra72 and lupobianco has one

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, bagracer said:

There are 2 tongue meshes and 2 default heads...... what do we need to have in the mods folder?

customtoungemesh.package are tongue as accessories, so if you want to see the tongue in animation you have to equip it (you can find it in head accessories)

2 default head, this are for those who didn't want to equip tongue as accessories. it's a default head replacement for female and male, affect to Teen/Young Adult/Adult and Elder

if you use default head replacement, it will applied to all sims

slider override, this is need to adjust tongue position in head when you changing shape or position for jaw, mouth and head

last one is wwanimation.package, this is just sample test to see the tongue in game

in WW, you can find it in teasing category - tongue test, or you can use Andrew pose pack to see the animation

tested on game version 1.36

Edited by autobanned
On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, autobanned said:

customtoungemesh.package are tongue as accessories, so if you want to see the tongue in animation you have to equip it (you can find it in head accessories)

2 default head, this are for those who didn't want to equip tongue as accessories. it's a default head replacement for female and male, affect to Teen/Young Adult/Adult and Elder

if you use default head replacement, it will applied to all sims

slider override, this is need to adjust tongue position in head when you changing shape or position for jaw, mouth and head

last one is wwanimation.package, this is just sample test to see the tongue in game

in WW, you can find it in teasing category - tongue test, or you can use Andrew pose pack to see the animation

tested on game version 1.36

Those 2 default head had issues in my game, so I had to pull them out. Just commenting if someone has the same problem with heads that disappear.

I know I am probably doing something wrong (I'm always narfing something up) but I cannot get this tongue to work. I am fully updated in game with pets installed (not sure if that matters but I assumed this had been updated to be compatible with both) and I put the two default heads and slider into my mods folder. In my WW folder I put Azmodans latest updated rig, which works because I have jiggly boobs and bouncing balls but no tongue. I tried with the test animation as well as a few that creators have made and I see a tongue in the mouth but it doesn't poke out at all. How did I screw up? 

4 hours ago, VelvetKiss said:

I know I am probably doing something wrong (I'm always narfing something up) but I cannot get this tongue to work. I am fully updated in game with pets installed (not sure if that matters but I assumed this had been updated to be compatible with both) and I put the two default heads and slider into my mods folder. In my WW folder I put Azmodans latest updated rig, which works because I have jiggly boobs and bouncing balls but no tongue. I tried with the test animation as well as a few that creators have made and I see a tongue in the mouth but it doesn't poke out at all. How did I screw up? 

this could be happen if there is conflict mod

if you use head default replacement, check your mod if there any other head default replacement, and one that i know recently is "no ea eyelash mod by cienz"

try first using tongue accessories, and check it via cas to see the tongue there  (try change sims teeth, and if you see bright color in tongue area, then it should be no problem in animation) 

5a158c2f11bea_samplecheck.jpg.98d0b7395d21d97b41b0f87cf4d809de.jpg

you could check the tongue animation in game by download a simple sample animation that i create, you can download it in dropbox

in ww, you can find it in teasing>toungetest

or you can using andrew-posepack 

*) i miss read that you already mention that you see the tongue,

try first download my animation and test it, if the tounge still didnt poke out, then i suspect there is conflict mod, have to check it out if problem still showing up

Edited by autobanned

I think you already found my problem. I have that no eyelash mod installed. It never occurred to me that was a whole head replacement mod.

Yup! That was it! Thank you so much for the tongue and the help! 5a15c434594d7_11-22-17_1-36-50PM.thumb.png.55fa2b51301b93b77de55a2204949d17.png