Dwarven Cyborg Collection & -Biological Automaton Framework-

For me, some parts are invisible while other work completely fine, for example ;

Spoiler

This one, Full Armored Bikini, Gynoid and Edhildil, work fine, even partially :

20190616195013_1.jpg.932a7d698a2cdfe860e0ed34af909650.jpg20190616195900_1.jpg.1a7aa9b857d9b0ee6f1c7e3b8e3360f6.jpg20190616195933_1.jpg.b1e6a8e224c7012371cc7d7adaea0596.jpg20190616195955_1.jpg.c177b8317b7c5777d3a80af9eeb4721c.jpg20190616200009_1.jpg.4b762388b4ee904d8e11fe2be43882db.jpg

Spoiler

Yet those like Beast, Frost & Flame Trooper and BAF end up like this :

Spoiler

(But I don't know how to use BAF because it is not explained so that one is understandable)

20190616195119_1.jpg.5fc40f1cda2ba699e54682ce10b171a1.jpg20190616195101_1.jpg.8e99593ae9fa65807c969f0b357c59b8.jpg

The shoulder padsĀ (and those around the waist) are another item and as such are not related to my problem.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:58 PM, r4d6 said:

For me, some parts are invisible while other work completely fine, for example ;

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

This one, Full Armored Bikini, Gynoid and Edhildil, work fine, even partially :

20190616195013_1.jpg.932a7d698a2cdfe860e0ed34af909650.jpg20190616195900_1.jpg.1a7aa9b857d9b0ee6f1c7e3b8e3360f6.jpg20190616195933_1.jpg.b1e6a8e224c7012371cc7d7adaea0596.jpg20190616195955_1.jpg.c177b8317b7c5777d3a80af9eeb4721c.jpg20190616200009_1.jpg.4b762388b4ee904d8e11fe2be43882db.jpg

Yet those like Beast, Frost & Flame Trooper and BAF end up like this :

(But I don't know how to use BAF because it is not explained so that one is understandable)

20190616195119_1.jpg.5fc40f1cda2ba699e54682ce10b171a1.jpg20190616195101_1.jpg.8e99593ae9fa65807c969f0b357c59b8.jpg

The shoulder padsĀ (and those around the waist) are another item and as such are not related to my problem.

Ā 

The bodies you're having problems with are all parts of the -BAF- pack, so it looks like you don't have that installed/run through Bodyslide. Pre-generated copies of the cyborg bodies were not included to reduce download sizeĀ so you have to run them through Bodyslide to generate the in-game model, which is what Augumentation is looking for and failing to find. That 'invisible body' effect is pretty much diagnostic of this type of missing model.Ā 

Ā 

The in-depth overview of the -BAF- pack can be found here, and is also linked to under the -BAF- heading on the mod page (had to separate it because there's an annoyingly fuzzy limit on how large a mod page can be that I keep running into). For the 'pre-build' bodies like the Gem Breeder and the elemental Troopers, all you need to do is run the files through Bodyslide like any other outfit. For the 'build your own' bodies you simply use the zap checkboxes to select the parts you want to use for each body, generating them one at a time with the 'build' button when you've got something you're happy with.Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

I'll get this party started.

Here's buck with eyes, the neck base, and neck b1, and a sample .esp that plugs the meshes into the armor pieces.

Ā 

Ā 

Manny's Dwemer Automaton M.7z 157.84 kB Ā· 2 downloads

Ā 

Nice! Looking forward to more.Ā 

I understand, but I don't know what you mean by "run them through Bodyslide" loading the preview one by one, for each? or something else. And how do I do that?

Ā 

Also I don't really understand the Zap Toggle thing. There is so many and they are not that clear, does checking them remove the parts, or add them, some remove the skin textures, others seem to remove parts when unchecking them.

Spoiler

2060873105_2019-06-2114_18_08-Greenshot.png.6c750c0822fdbbe071359154e1003401.png

Ā 

7 minutes ago, r4d6 said:

I understand, but I don't know what you mean by "run them through Bodyslide" loading the preview one by one, for each? or something else. And how do I do that?

Ā 

Also I don't really understand the Zap Toggle thing. There is so many and they are not that clear, does checking them remove the parts, or add them, some remove the skin textures, others seem to remove parts when unchecking them.

2060873105_2019-06-2114_18_08-Greenshot.png.6c750c0822fdbbe071359154e1003401.png

Ā 

The -BAF- bodies have all DCC options available for you to mix and match however you want.Ā  Zap toggles are normally used for omittingĀ parts of a mesh from the output;Ā all the cyborg options start zapped out on the -BAF- bodies so you can unzap (enable) the ones you want.Ā  You will also need to zap out the parts of the body mesh you want to replace with cyborg parts.Ā  These start unzapped, and you'll need to experiment a little bit to see which body and cyborg zaps line up.

Ā 

Once you've customized your body to your liking, use the Build button to export the mesh so the game can use it.Ā  You will need to repeat the process for every -BAF- variant you'd like to make.Ā  Don't use Batch Build, it will set all of your -BAF- bodies to however your current one is configured.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, haruhichan said:

You have plan to port to sse?

in sse have mod like this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24634?tab=posts&BH=1

Ā 

Ā but dont have human bodyĀ  IĀ  just need only humanbody.

You can do this yourself if you like;Ā getting UNP working in SE and Bodyslide64 is the hardest part.Ā  Here's a guide that should help.

Ā 

DCC can then be used more or less "out of the box".Ā  You may have to run meshes from DCC through the optimizer if you have issues with crashing or missing meshes.Ā  Saving the plugins in Creation Kit 64 is also recommended, but not required.

I've encountered a problem. Whenever I equip a pelvis or pelvis with legs, it equips as normal, But then as soon as I leave the inventory screen, it makes the unequip sound effect and turns invisible. Checking back in the inventory reveals it's still equipped. I've never encountered this problem before, and monkeying around with/turning off assorted bodymorphing mods has had no effect. Additionally, the pelvises are visible through the player model when the cores are removed.

5 hours ago, HermausMoron said:

I've encountered a problem. Whenever I equip a pelvis or pelvis with legs, it equips as normal, But then as soon as I leave the inventory screen, it makes the unequip sound effect and turns invisible. Checking back in the inventory reveals it's still equipped. I've never encountered this problem before, and monkeying around with/turning off assorted bodymorphing mods has had no effect. Additionally, the pelvises are visible through the player model when the cores are removed.

Ā 

I'm thinking you meant to post this in the DMA thread?

Ā 

Regardless, problems with the pelvises vanishing are all but certain to be caused by having the Devious Devices 'device hider' function left on. The hider basically force-removes the models from certain armor slots when an outfit set to the main body slot, 32, is equipped, to simulate 'wearing' the devices under normal clothing. However it seems to have been designed under the assumption that users would only be using DD with either the nude body or vanilla-type clothing sets, and not skimpy outfits using multiple armor slots as it wreaks havoc on those. It's also turned on by default. You have to scroll through the 'devices underneath' tabs in DD's MCM and set anything that has a slot number listed beside it to 'none' to turn it off, and have to do so at the start of any new game as the setting does not carry over. Unless it's a feature that you actively use I'd recommend always making sure you kill it right after getting out of the starting area, since it causes a lot of problems for such a limited use-case gimmick. But due to the limitations of the Skyrim outfit system, having it on is fundamentally incompatible with DMA. There's just not enough slots to go around for those kinds of shenanigans.

Ā 

This has nothing to do with Bodymorph mods. None of the current DMA parts are affected by Bodymorphs in any way.

Ā 

The pelvises showing through the body model when the cores are removed is also expected behavior due to those limitations of the Skyrim outfit system. The nude body can be thought of as an outfit on slot 32 that the game defaults to when nothing else is using that slot. DMA works by placing the cores on slot 32, so as far as the game is concerned they *are* the body when they are equipped. But they are bodies that have been cut down to just the upper torso to allow the parts placed on other slots to fill in the areas of the anatomy that would normally be covered by the body mesh. If the core is not equipped the game defaults back to the nude body, which then fights for space with any DMA parts left on. That's particularly true for the pelvises, since they use a slot that's not part of the set the game has designated as standard outfit slots. As far as Skyrim's engine is concerned they're just some weird thing that happens to be in the same physical space as a pelvis. It doesn't care if the result is a clippy mess; it's just showing whatever happens to be equipped to the various slots.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:05 AM, AVS said:

Ā 

I'm thinking you meant to post this in the DMA thread?

Ā 

Regardless, problems with the pelvises vanishing are all but certain to be caused by having the Devious Devices 'device hider' function left on. The hider basically force-removes the models from certain armor slots when an outfit set to the main body slot, 32, is equipped, to simulate 'wearing' the devices under normal clothing. However it seems to have been designed under the assumption that users would only be using DD with either the nude body or vanilla-type clothing sets, and not skimpy outfits using multiple armor slots as it wreaks havoc on those. It's also turned on by default. You have to scroll through the 'devices underneath' tabs in DD's MCM and set anything that has a slot number listed beside it to 'none' to turn it off, and have to do so at the start of any new game as the setting does not carry over. Unless it's a feature that you actively use I'd recommend always making sure you kill it right after getting out of the starting area, since it causes a lot of problems for such a limited use-case gimmick. But due to the limitations of the Skyrim outfit system, having it on is fundamentally incompatible with DMA. There's just not enough slots to go around for those kinds of shenanigans.

Ā 

This has nothing to do with Bodymorph mods. None of the current DMA parts are affected by Bodymorphs in any way.

Ā 

The pelvises showing through the body model when the cores are removed is also expected behavior due to those limitations of the Skyrim outfit system. The nude body can be thought of as an outfit on slot 32 that the game defaults to when nothing else is using that slot. DMA works by placing the cores on slot 32, so as far as the game is concerned they *are* the body when they are equipped. But they are bodies that have been cut down to just the upper torso to allow the parts placed on other slots to fill in the areas of the anatomy that would normally be covered by the body mesh. If the core is not equipped the game defaults back to the nude body, which then fights for space with any DMA parts left on. That's particularly true for the pelvises, since they use a slot that's not part of the set the game has designated as standard outfit slots. As far as Skyrim's engine is concerned they're just some weird thing that happens to be in the same physical space as a pelvis. It doesn't care if the result is a clippy mess; it's just showing whatever happens to be equipped to the various slots.

Sorry, didn't realize you had another thread for this.

Ā 

And thanks, the Devious Devices 'underneath' function was the source of the problem.

This is an odd one. . . I can't seem to get any of the parts from this mod to show on my character, there just invisible. Nor do they apear in the list of things to build in body slider, only the actual. . . well body, does. odd that, though my skimpy armor of choice still works fine though even if it can't be body slide built. The other odd thins is that dwarven modular automatonĀ  DOES work and the parts do display, cept the pelvis but better then none of them. I'm using vortex if that helps compute the issue.

2 hours ago, Hiddenname21 said:

This is an odd one. . . I can't seem to get any of the parts from this mod to show on my character, there just invisible. Nor do they apear in the list of things to build in body slider, only the actual. . . well body, does. odd that, though my skimpy armor of choice still works fine though even if it can't be body slide built. The other odd thins is that dwarven modular automatonĀ  DOES work and the parts do display, cept the pelvis but better then none of them. I'm using vortex if that helps compute the issue.

Ā 

Are you using CBBE and not UUNP? There can be some problems with getting outfits built for one body type to show up in a copy of BodySlide set up to only show the other, as I recall. Haven't been messing around with that end of things as much lately, so I don't remember the exact process of fixing it. If you are using UUNP then I can only assume that there's an installation issue, which may or may not be caused by Vortex. I don't use Vortex so I couldn't give you any specifics there either, but there's reasons why I dislike itsĀ 'virtual install' concept.Ā 

Ā 

If it's installed correctly and you are using UUNP, there should be a number of Dwarven Cyborg parts lists available under the 'Groups' listing. All the parts in those lists MUST be run through Bodyslide to be visible in the game. As mentioned in the installation instructions, pre-generatedĀ in-game models were not included in the distribution packs to save on file size; there are a lot of parts in this mod, and with everything built it fills up a few gigs worth of disk space. But since the various variant bodies are generatedĀ from the same sets of BaseShape meshes in BodySlide, it was possible to include only the BodySlide files in the distribution pack and thus drastically reduce its size, making it much easier to share online. The only trade-off is that being able to use BodySlide to generate the parts is an absolute requirement. Most other outfit mods are much less broad in their scope and can easily include pre-generated in-game meshes without such a major increase in file size, and as such can be usable to some extent even without generating a properly-fitted version inĀ BodySlide. It'll just display whatever body presetĀ the outfit's creator built it for when they generated it instead of the one the user has installed.

Ā 

DMA is a completely different concept that uses fully pre-built, single-weight mechanical parts that have no connection to Bodyslide whatsoever. They are not intended to interface with the base humanoid body mesh and as such have no need for Bodyslide's primary function of reshaping an outfit to conform to the user's body type. The pelvis issue is a known conflict with Devious Devices' device hider gimmick, the solution to which is in the second post above yours.Ā 

22 hours ago, klick master said:

how does this work exactly? does it actually replace your characters limbs permanently or does this just add armors? and if it's the latter is it possible to modify my character using other mods to get it to work this way?

Ā 

Functionally, this is just an outfit set. It doesn't use any in-game tricks or gimmicks to alter the limbs, you simply equip a version of the body that has the robotic limbs subbed in for the originals. The game treats these bodies like any other armor or outfit using the 'body' armor slot, number 32.

Ā 

An inescapable consequence of this is that the cyborg bodies can't be used with any other outfits that also use slot 32, which would be most of them, without modifications being made to those outfits. This is actually a fairly simple thing to do, as it just involves deleting any body mesh from the outfit and changing the slot assignments to something other than 32 on the model and in the Creation Kit entry for it. I've been using 48 for consistency with the existing cyborg equipment from the Dwarven Bikini Armor mod that predates my work, and have a number of pre-converted outfits in the Extras pack for this mod. Some consideration must be taken when choosing an outfit to convert for use with the cyborg bodies, however, as the bodies will not alter the limbs on those outfit models in any way. If you try to do it with an outfit that has full sleeves, for example, those sleeves will just float over and clip through the cyborg limbs. Skimpier outfits are more suited for use with these bodies for that reason, if no other.

Ā 

Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

You must have found some dwemer documentation abandoned for centuries ... or maybe you yourself are a descendant of the dwemer .. or maybe you are a technological entity in which they poured all their knowledge before they disappeared ... In any case, you did a very fascinating job.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anyone slowly tell me what parts it uses from the bikini mod? As a cbbe user this is quite annoying to fix myself especially since both mods use completely different naming schemes. I assume that the bodyslide files starting with DW in bikini are the dwemer files right? I'm especially interested in the BAF kit. Does anyone know where to get the original files from? I could just start using UUNP for oncethat'd mean I had to reconfigure half my mods. Luckily I use Mod organizer so it's a bit less of an ordeal than the old ways but it's still gonnaĀ  be quite a bit of work. Not just this mod a whole slew of other armors have to be UNP-ified as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Future?

Ā 

Move the actual framework to .esm, master file so it can't be auto sorted by the nits at loot in the wrong spot?

Ā 

If you're doing custom animation maybe quadropped modifications, hoof arms, limbs with claws?

Ā 

Cybernetics for horses and dogs?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know if this has been converted to BHUNP? I might could do it myself, but while I'm getting a BIT more savvy with Outfit Studio, I have no experience with zap sliders, and I'd have to remake them in this since they apply to the reference I'd be replacing (also, when I tried to convert even without the zap sliders, it complained about unweighted vertices (is that normal??), and the only thing I know about bone weights is how to copy/remove them).

Ā 

If anyone has done so, do please let me know. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all, new to modding and I'm having an issue with the Extras folder. The head pieces aren't wearable on their own but the Dwarven Augementation mod puts them on without problem. Also, the shaved head and bald head pieces don't work at all. Hopefully, someone can assist with this because I'm struggling rn. All the other BodySlide pieces work but it seems like the headwear isn't.

• 11 months later...