Dwarven Cyborg Collection & -Biological Automaton Framework-

3 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Yep, all you need to do is build each one in whatever configuration you want to use for it.  If you save one of the bodies in Bodyslide, that will become the default configuration used within that group as you switch between them.  You won't be able so see what each particular body you've built looks like as you flip through them in BodySlide, unfortunately.

Ah that's what was up. Thanks man!

I loaded my save and the changes were there hahaha.

Side note, AVS i'm loving this update!

Hi AVS,

Great work on the mod, and congratulations on the new BAF stuff, its amazing! You have probably thought of this, but with the new beast limbs, how cool it would be if it forced the actor to use a crawling animation, such as the one in SD+? I know Zaz Extention Pack has a crawling harness, but unfortunately ZEP is not compatible with the new Zaz 8.0.

Thank you again for your hard work!

• 4 weeks later...

This mod is great, I never thought creating a Dwarven based char could be so fun until I started trying all the options(playing in Special Edition btw) I'm not sure why, but I'm missing the base bodies in bodyslide so i can't create the body I want from scratch. I prob missed something somehow, gnna keep looking around until I find them

Edit: im dumb, found them

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 2:15 PM, Sloots_R_Us said:

This mod is great, I never thought creating a Dwarven based char could be so fun until I started trying all the options(playing in Special Edition btw) I'm not sure why, but I'm missing the base bodies in bodyslide so i can't create the body I want from scratch. I prob missed something somehow, gnna keep looking around until I find them

Edit: im dumb, found them

If you're using this in SE, I take it that you did a conversion? If so, how'd that go for you? I haven't messed around with SE much yet, between waiting on more of the mods I use to be converted and not wanting to bother with hammering together another Skyrim install right after doing the OG install on my new PC. And the lack of 'official' UUNP support in particular has been off-putting, especially as far as my work on this mod goes. Changing bodies will involve re-treading a lot of work that I really don't look forward to, so I'm interested in knowing how well this all works with what UUNP SE support does exist. Probably still ought to do a CBBE SE version at some point, but it'd be good to have a stopgap.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:55 AM, AVS said:

If you're using this in SE, I take it that you did a conversion? If so, how'd that go for you? I haven't messed around with SE much yet, between waiting on more of the mods I use to be converted and not wanting to bother with hammering together another Skyrim install right after doing the OG install on my new PC. And the lack of 'official' UUNP support in particular has been off-putting, especially as far as my work on this mod goes. Changing bodies will involve re-treading a lot of work that I really don't look forward to, so I'm interested in knowing how well this all works with what UUNP SE support does exist. Probably still ought to do a CBBE SE version at some point, but it'd be good to have a stopgap.

For the most part it worked fine. I used this along with the Dwarven Augmentation mod and UUNP bodies so idk how things are for cbbe. There were a few pieces that caused the game to crash, but I don't remember if it was simply equipping the pieces that caused the game to crash a few mins later, or if it was starting a sex animation with the parts equipped that caused the crashes. I had to uninstall skyrim because low storage so I can't test atm, but when I get more storage I can test a bit more and tell you what I find.

This is the tutorial I used for the UUNP bodies just in case anyone else comes across this mod and want to test it in SE

• 3 weeks later...

After recently looking over Vicn's mods, I got some ideas for potential head and limb grafts.

Vanilla grafts:

Hagraven limbs, hands, feet

Spriggan limbs, heads, hands

Flame atronach limbs, head?

Draugr limbs

Mammoth trunk arm

Werewolf hands

Mudcrab claw hands

Wisp/wisp core head

Aedric shrine heads

Vale tube worm head

Vicn Creature Pack https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65134

Ascended Sleeper head

Homo troll arms

Chaurus larva head

Mushroom heads

Horseshoe crab feet

Vigilant https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67103

Most of the helmets as head variants

Zenithar Spring (accessory)

Zenithar Workshop https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81196

Mimic head

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I think I might done something wrong here or I have a mod conflicting with another.

My problem resides in the body, straight to the point, I can't get any of the body mods from this. Hands, Feet and Head are fine, its just the body is always invisible. 

They look like a torsoless rayman. The dwarven hands are there, just not with the body.

Using Bodyslide, it seemed fine, but when I try applying it, it just stays empty.

Help?

I've come across a problem I can't seem to find a response or fix to. I've tried every single body, leg, hand, foot, whole set and nothing shows on my character except for the head items. Anything that equips to the hands makes them invisible, same with the feet. If I equip anything that goes on the body it just disappears all together. I've tried stripping down to just the mods needed for it, reinstalled the mods, ran each set separately, ran them all together and I can't get them to show up on my character. Dropping the items shows the item on the ground. 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:19 PM, ShadowManGray said:

Ok, I think I might done something wrong here or I have a mod conflicting with another.

My problem resides in the body, straight to the point, I can't get any of the body mods from this. Hands, Feet and Head are fine, its just the body is always invisible. 

They look like a torsoless rayman. The dwarven hands are there, just not with the body.

Using Bodyslide, it seemed fine, but when I try applying it, it just stays empty.

Help?

On 10/26/2018 at 2:44 AM, Vikaara said:

I've come across a problem I can't seem to find a response or fix to. I've tried every single body, leg, hand, foot, whole set and nothing shows on my character except for the head items. Anything that equips to the hands makes them invisible, same with the feet. If I equip anything that goes on the body it just disappears all together. I've tried stripping down to just the mods needed for it, reinstalled the mods, ran each set separately, ran them all together and I can't get them to show up on my character. Dropping the items shows the item on the ground. 

Well obviously this shouldn't be happening, but there's also no in-game reason I can think of that would cause it to happen. There's nothing particularly special about these parts as far as Skyrim is concerned, they're just body and armor slot pieces like any other outfit in the game. If there was something in-game that was affecting them, it should affect every single other mod armor you're using just the same.

So as such there has to be some kind of installation error going on here. 

I shouldn't have to say this, but as a preface make sure that you're using this with Skyrim LE. It is not built for SE, and would have to be user-converted to function properly.

First off, check the data folder. It should have a path like this: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\Dwarven Cyborg Collection

(The part before 'Skyrim' might be different depending on how you installed Steam, but everything after is the important part.)

There should be several sub-folders within the main DCC folder, one for each component of the mod. There should be one for the heads, one for each of the body types, etc. If you're missing something here, you didn't download and install the relevant sub-pack.

Go into, say, the 'Body Gynoid' folder. That houses all of the meshes for the Gynoid set. You should see the .nif files for all of the body types, along with the sub-folders for all of the accessory parts.

If you only see the sub-folders, something has gone wrong with Bodyslide. The mod 'ships' without the Bodyslide-based meshes to save file size, which is why it has to be run before use. Only meshes unaffected by sliders are in those folders in the actual download files, such as the head parts (aside from the neck plate) and some of the hands and feet, as well as the ground models. None of the other ones will exist for the game to use until you run the Bodyslide files, and failing to run them will result in the sort of 'missing parts' effect you're seeing. 

If you're getting this after running Bodyslide, make sure that Bodyslide is pointing at the right game. Open it up, hit the 'Settings' button, and see if the 'Target Game' selection is set to Skyrim with the 'Game Data Path' under it pointed at the right folders for your Skyrim installation. The program doesn't have any way to tell where the meshes it generates are supposed to go outside of this, and will uncomplainingly toss, say, Fallout meshes into a Skyrim folder if you happen to have this setting wrong, as I've personally found out the hard way.

Also, try making sure that your version of Bodyslide is reasonably up to date. All of these files were built using the last couple of versions, and while I wouldn't expect a complete failure to generate the files from an older version I have gotten a report of some odd behavior from someone whose Bodyslide was a couple years out of date, so it's worth checking that. 

If all the .nif files are ending up in the right place and you're still not seeing parts, then I'm afraid there might just be something borked in your Skyrim installation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:41 AM, LabelDegree said:

Will there ever be cbbe support or is there and im dumb asf?

do i have to manually convert it? cause if so i have no idea how 

As previously stated, CBBE support is on the to-do list, but it's very low-priority right now. In the meantime, the author has stated any other modder can feel free to make third-party support.

17 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I have a project about a small quest mod and dwemer cybernetization.

How you mod works ? How I can use your mod with CK to make cyborgs ?

The cyborg parts just work like any basic outfit mod, really. The only actual 'trick' in all this is the way I took advantage of how Bodyslide's zaps work to build the outfits. Once the game-use mesh is generated it can be added into the CK just like any other outfit piece, combined with other pieces to make a full NPC armor set, etc. From there I'd think you'd just need an outfit auto-equip script to force the armor set onto an NPC, but that's not something I really have experience with. 

And of course you'll have to make duplicate armor entries for all of the parts you want to use, like Holzfrau did with Dwarven Augumentation, since DCC isn't set up as an .esm file. If you don't want to use this whole behemoth as a dependency, it wouldn't be that hard to peel off the things you want by copying over some of the ShapeData meshes and using some simple text editing on the SliderSet files to re-point the output to a mod-specific folder. In fact, the -BAF- pack was built with that in mind. It's ShapeData mesh contains all of the cyborg body parts I've built, so all you need to do is whip up a SliderSet file with whatever combination of parts you want, even the ones in the other body sets, and set it to output wherever you want it. Same thing if you want a combination that isn't covered by the 'pre-built' sets I included with it. You would still need to make copies of any of the non-body pieces from those sets that you'd want to use, like the Gynoid add-ons or the Edhildil armor bits, but that's also pretty much just a matter of editing text files and copying some meshes over. That's how I was figuring on making it work if and when I finally get around to doing that NPC pack, anyway. 

Let me know if you need more info. I'm really interested in seeing what you come up with for this. ?

6 hours ago, peteretea said:

I think I found out my problem. I am missing everything in the mod except DW Bikini and DW Gyroid

Are the rest included in the original mod too? (I haven't update my DC so that may be why)

The complete mod is split up into several packs, both due to file size limitations on LL and to give users the option to only use an individual pack if they want to. Each pack contains all of the mesh, texture, and Bodyslide data for that particular set of items and an .esp file. The combined .esp file is simply a duplicate of the Creation Kit data for the Heads, Bikini, Gynoid, and Edhildil packs, intended to replace the individual .esp files so as to cut down on the mod count a bit. It still requires you to download the packs for each of those components, as by itself it contains no model data whatsoever. The Extras pack contains various outfits and whatnot converted to work with the cyborg bodies, as due to how Skyrim's armor system works they cannot wear normal outfits, and is not included in the combined .esp file. Also not included in the combined .esp is the -BAF- kit, which is where the new parts such as the pony limbs are. It's designed at bit differently, as it has enough parts to make the number of potential combinations completely absurd, and allows you to use Bodyslide's zap system to your own combination from all of the limb sets. It also contains a number of 'pre-built' sets of combinations I found entertaining. 

35 minutes ago, AVS said:

The complete mod is split up into several packs, both due to file size limitations on LL and to give users the option to only use an individual pack if they want to. Each pack contains all of the mesh, texture, and Bodyslide data for that particular set of items and an .esp file. The combined .esp file is simply a duplicate of the Creation Kit data for the Heads, Bikini, Gynoid, and Edhildil packs, intended to replace the individual .esp files so as to cut down on the mod count a bit. It still requires you to download the packs for each of those components, as by itself it contains no model data whatsoever. The Extras pack contains various outfits and whatnot converted to work with the cyborg bodies, as due to how Skyrim's armor system works they cannot wear normal outfits, and is not included in the combined .esp file. Also not included in the combined .esp is the -BAF- kit, which is where the new parts such as the pony limbs are. It's designed at bit differently, as it has enough parts to make the number of potential combinations completely absurd, and allows you to use Bodyslide's zap system to your own combination from all of the limb sets. It also contains a number of 'pre-built' sets of combinations I found entertaining. 

OK. So the BAF File is the one for you to combine stuffs yourself, right?

Also, I think I found the problem causing my preset slide blank in bodyslide: I have UNP but not UUNP. Are they the same? I cannot find UUNP on nexusmod for some reason.

OK. So the BAF File is the one for you to combine stuffs yourself, right?

Right. 

Also, I think I found the problem causing my preset slide blank in bodyslide: I have UNP but not UUNP. Are they the same? I cannot find UUNP on nexusmod for some reason.

Okay, basically: 'UNP' is the original and at this point very, very old female body replacer that formed the template for what became known as the 'UNP family' of body replacers. UNP/UNPB and their various derivatives, 7Base and it's various derivatives, etc. They're all fundamentally compatible, as they map the body textures the same way. Bodyslide's original body type, CBBE, maps the textures in a different way, which is why you get weird-looking skin if you try to use an armor built for one body type on the other. When UNP support was added to Bodyslide they went ahead and added in the body presets for all of the other UNP family bodies as well, under the umbrella of 'Unified UNP', or UUNP, which allows modders to build outfits that can then be fitted to any of the UNP family bodies by the end users via Bodyslide.

UUNP is not a stand-alone mod. It's a component of the Skyrim LE version of Bodyslide, and something you have to select when installing that program. It should come up in the installation options if you use NMM to unpack the mod; what'll happen if you use MO or manually install it I can't speak to. If you're missing UUNP entirely then you either managed to install the program in some way that bypassed the options, skipped over those options yourself, or your copy of Bodyslide is wildly out of date. Whatever the case might be, the solution is the same: update and re-install Bodyslide. 

The bodies in this collection were specifically built using the UUNP HDT reference body, so you'll probably want to make sure you have support for HDT body physics as well. 

2 hours ago, AVS said:

Right. 

Okay, basically: 'UNP' is the original and at this point very, very old female body replacer that formed the template for what became known as the 'UNP family' of body replacers. UNP/UNPB and their various derivatives, 7Base and it's various derivatives, etc. They're all fundamentally compatible, as they map the body textures the same way. Bodyslide's original body type, CBBE, maps the textures in a different way, which is why you get weird-looking skin if you try to use an armor built for one body type on the other. When UNP support was added to Bodyslide they went ahead and added in the body presets for all of the other UNP family bodies as well, under the umbrella of 'Unified UNP', or UUNP, which allows modders to build outfits that can then be fitted to any of the UNP family bodies by the end users via Bodyslide.

UUNP is not a stand-alone mod. It's a component of the Skyrim LE version of Bodyslide, and something you have to select when installing that program. It should come up in the installation options if you use NMM to unpack the mod; what'll happen if you use MO or manually install it I can't speak to. If you're missing UUNP entirely then you either managed to install the program in some way that bypassed the options, skipped over those options yourself, or your copy of Bodyslide is wildly out of date. Whatever the case might be, the solution is the same: update and re-install Bodyslide. 

The bodies in this collection were specifically built using the UUNP HDT reference body, so you'll probably want to make sure you have support for HDT body physics as well. 

Ok. My bodyslide is fixed. Thanks for the help.

Last question: is the other parts pf the collection not accessible then? Or they are contained in one of the files? (Sorry I know you may already explain to me but I am too dumb to understand what's going on)

8 hours ago, peteretea said:

Last question: is the other parts pf the collection not accessible then? Or they are contained in one of the files? (Sorry I know you may already explain to me but I am too dumb to understand what's going on)

I'm... not entirely sure what you mean here? Everything you need is on the download page. The Extras and -BAF- packs ended up being too large to upload to LL directly, so their downloads are text files containing a link to the Mega page you can download the full file from, as is common practice with oversized files on this site. 

Once you have everything installed, all of the parts will be accessible. They do not, however, have in-game implementation such as crafting or the like. You'll have to use something like AddItemMenu to access them. 

All of this is in the instructions on the mod page.

6 hours ago, AVS said:

I'm... not entirely sure what you mean here? Everything you need is on the download page. The Extras and -BAF- packs ended up being too large to upload to LL directly, so their downloads are text files containing a link to the Mega page you can download the full file from, as is common practice with oversized files on this site. 

Once you have everything installed, all of the parts will be accessible. They do not, however, have in-game implementation such as crafting or the like. You'll have to use something like AddItemMenu to access them. 

All of this is in the instructions on the mod page.

Thanks a lot for helping. I shouldn't ask the question because after I fixed bodyslide and batch build all stuff, everything is working perfectly well

• 2 weeks later...