I have a question regarding a certain item that you can find and equip, it's a nice little surprise but is it really intended to delete all your equipped armor? Not a fan of that mechanic, at an absolute maximum items should drop on the floor, in my opinion. :)

18 minutes ago, vampsel said:

I have a question regarding a certain item that you can find and equip, it's a nice little surprise but is it really intended to delete all your equipped armor? Not a fan of that mechanic, at an absolute maximum items should drop on the floor, in my opinion. :)

I think that item is totally intended to do that, AFAIK there is only one version of the item and you'd never get "tricked" by the item again after the first time you find it.  I personally also find gear deletion to be a mechanic I'm not fond of, but if you lost something you really care about I'd recommend just reloading.  It is a bit harsh, but for a one-off you'll never touch again it certainly leaves an impression on the player. :classic_tongue:

25 minutes ago, vampsel said:

Your gear couldn't have been that great if you were trying on strange articles of clothing you found in some dungeon. :P:) 

I have an idea for a new deal but I'm not sure how easy it is to implement, but is there a way to easily compare the base stats of weapons and armours between player and Followers? Because if there is then you could have a sort of "Equality Deal" where the companion is tired of always getting the handmedowns.

First level of the deal might apply to weapons, where the Follower requires that their weapons have a base stat of equal or higher than the one equiped by the player

Second level applies to armour as well, and is similar to the first deal as it requires the follower to be equiped with atleast as good if not better armour than the player happens to be wearing.

and third and last level is a gold split, where any loose septims looted from corpses or pouches (any situation where you pick up more than one gold at a time) is split evenly betweent he player and follower.

This looks at face value to not be a particularly harsh deal until level 3, but this means the player might have to pass up upgrades to the follower before getting some for oneself, and the last level makes it even harder to scrounge up enough to pay back those mounting debts, requiring even deals to be taken (Maybe even switch it to first level just to be a bit extra evil)

One thing to note is that the value compared would be the base value of the equipment, i.e the damage or armour ratings before any modifiers like skills, perks, enchantments or tempering as I feel it would risk spiking around too much on a normal playthrough otherwise for it to be possible to keep your followers gear even with your own.

Opinions?

One thing I found strange.  When your follower "rips your clothes off" they are merely unequipped.  It seems that it would be appropriate for him to take your clothing, or since it is being ripped off, destroy it.  If he takes it, your character must ask for them back when outside of town.  If destroyed, its the penalty for not removing them soon enough.  If you have to ask for them back, depending on your willpower, more deals could be insisted upon.   Or perhaps a favor in exchange for your clothes.  Or you have to buy them back, adding to your debt.

23 minutes ago, cailic said:

One thing I found strange.  When your follower "rips your clothes off" they are merely unequipped.  

Personally I like the way the deal currently works - since it is a level 2 deal it IMO shouldn't be too harsh, and the way the deal is worded the follower stripping you (and binding you if the deal is level 3) is part of the deal and not necessarily something you are supposed to do ahead of time.  It used to be that your gear was actually just dropped on the ground after being stripped, but this had some serious downsides like your gear falling through the ground, or simply going invisible or floating in the air if the player was using mod-added items that didn't have proper ground models.

I do really like the idea of the follower taking possession of your gear and you needing to ask for it back once outside of town, with possible low willpower "favours" required before it is returned to you.  That might be complicated to program, but it could be a lot of fun.  Especially if you were in the habit of fast travelling directly to your next dungeon, only to find yourself naked in the middle of a war zone because enemies were within aggro range after travelling. 

13 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

I have an idea for a new deal but I'm not sure how easy it is to implement, but is there a way to easily compare the base stats of weapons and armours between player and Followers? Because if there is then you could have a sort of "Equality Deal" where the companion is tired of always getting the handmedowns.

If you want a follower that plays the game for you, and leaves you redundant, SLAV already exists!

But seriously, it's a nice immersive idea, but it undermines the business of playing Skyrim significantly, and would be difficult to balance in practice.

Let's say your follower is a mage and you are a heavy armor type? Or you are a stealth type and the follower is a heavy? How do you compare items in those circumstances? It would require some fairly arbitrary decisions on Lozeak's part, and some might strongly disagree with them.

Instead of making this a deal, why not just follow the rule yourself? No cheating! If you want something in return, add 1500 gold to your character :)

It's no different to simply saying "I will not fast travel" and then not fast travelling. It's a choice you can make.

14 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I have a question regarding a certain item that you can find and equip, it's a nice little surprise but is it really intended to delete all your equipped armor? Not a fan of that mechanic, at an absolute maximum items should drop on the floor, in my opinion.

This has been asked several times. DW did something similar but in a really easy to click way, and in some cases it seemed to fire even when not clicked.

Personally, my gripe is that armor destroying mechanics are meaningless if they don't destroy all the armor you are carrying. It fails in its intent, and yet is somewhat annoying at the same time when it destroys your unique quest armor.

The item seems to be a relic of an approach that was tried and then abandoned as a path that was "wrong" for this mod. It remains (I think, in theory) as a sort of Easter egg, but in practice can spawn quite often, basically just taking away meaningful loot items from boss chests.

One possibility is to load up the ESP in the CK, or TE5Edit, and turn it back into something harmless and vendable.

It would be interesting to have a deal where there is some kind of "penalty" for having sex.

So every time the PC has sex without the follower's permission (whether they intended it or not), they have to accept some kind of punishment or forfeit.

I can't think of anything more interesting than getting DD items though, and that's already been done to death.

After all, in some cases you might have a lot of sex... What would make a good punishment?

24 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Let's say your follower is a mage and you are a heavy armor type? Or you are a stealth type and the follower is a heavy? How do you compare items in those circumstances? It would require some fairly arbitrary decisions on Lozeak's part, and some might strongly disagree with them.

The fact that I completely overlooked this point probably speaks to how seldom I partner up with mage followers, but you are completely correct.

24 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Instead of making this a deal, why not just follow the rule yourself? No cheating! If you want something in return, add 1500 gold to your character :)

It's no different to simply saying "I will not fast travel" and then not fast travelling. It's a choice you can make. 

I guess the problem is that it doesn't feel as important or fun if there are no repercussions if you "Forget", but I guess that is the only way to really do it without some overly convoluted restructuring.

1 hour ago, Ursur1major said:

I guess the problem is that it doesn't feel as important or fun if there are no repercussions if you "Forget", but I guess that is the only way to really do it without some overly convoluted restructuring.

True. And though you could equally enforce some consequence of your own devising, you're not playing Skyrim at that point so much as making up a story.

The thing that makes most of the "magic" in a mod work is that you don't know exactly how it will play out.

Once you do, it becomes dull and mechanical, and not really fun.

Most of the situations from DD-based mods are very simple in terms of cause-effect-consequent-effect, and so once you've seen a thing once it loses a lot of impact, and if you wrote it yourself - even though the code is not the in-game events - it still has no impact at all.

That was an issue I had with Whiterun Brothel Revamped. I didn't write it ... but it was all so predictable, and never felt like there was anything at stake because the entire mod was a time-sink, trapped inside a bubble, divorced from the rest of the game, and with neither reward nor consequence ... because there is no satisfactory end as it stands, so you know that once you start it, that it's an end, not a journey.

Devious Followers is at its best (for me) when it creates a momentary complication in a regular game; when it doesn't take over normal play completely; and when there is hope of an end.

I don't find it too much to have a follower forced on my in a rare situation, but I wouldn't enjoy it if there was no way to be rid of that follower once you got them. The belief you can overcome a problem makes it at least possible for it to be interesting.

Made a few weeks break from Skyrim but returned yesterday and updated the mod, simply overwriting the old version with the new one. I know this is lazy but so far seems to work. But it seems that children are still in my game, shouldn't they all get removed with the new version or is this due to my sloppy updating?

2 minutes ago, xboronx said:

But it seems that children are still in my game, shouldn't they all get removed with the new version or is this due to my sloppy updating?

The child removal feature caused some serious issues for some people and was removed from the mod - Lozeak uploaded a stand-alone mod that does this instead.  You can download it by checking Lozeak's uploaded files.

6 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

The fact that I completely overlooked this point probably speaks to how seldom I partner up with mage followers, but you are completely correct.

Yea, I think your idea is cool but unfortunately not really viable as a deal - there are so many ways the "quality" detection could be straight-up wrong that it would be very difficult to have work right and feel good. 

Trying to detect damage or armor values gets broken as soon as a follower is a different class from the player and uses different types of weapons/armor (or no weapon at all in the case of a spellcaster).  Trying to detect quality based on item value (which I think is how vanilla NPCs choose what to wear) goes out the window as soon as mod-added armor is part of the picture, because mod item gold values are all over the map and the player's amazing set of dragonscale level armor may have almost no gold value attached to it, breaking the deal.

Was wondering if the hands-tied level of the I'm a Slut deal could be changed to use shackles (like are used when you've gotten to the slave stage), since the animations for armbinders are so few. 

Still can't un-hire the follower after clearing debt, I hope that gets fixed soon.

2 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Was wondering if the hands-tied level of the I'm a Slut deal could be changed to use shackles (like are used when you've gotten to the slave stage), since the animations for armbinders are so few. 

Still can't un-hire the follower after clearing debt, I hope that gets fixed soon.

which follower? In the past, there have been several stubborn followers that would not "take a hint".

The one I had problems with in the past was Janessa in Whiterun.  

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

which follower? In the past, there have been several stubborn followers that would not "take a hint".

The one I had problems with in the past was Janessa in Whiterun.  

Vorstag.  If I have paid off my deals and then try to clear debt, he says "Can I have my share of the gold, partner?"  And last time he didn't take the gold for paying of the piercing deal.

26 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Vorstag.  If I have paid off my deals and then try to clear debt, he says "Can I have my share of the gold, partner?"  And last time he didn't take the gold for paying of the piercing deal.

What I'd recommend would is in the DF MCM menu try pausing the mod, then reset the mod.  This should make it so you can dismiss Vorstag.  Once done you can unpause the mod, and hopefully your next follower won't have issues.

11 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

That does follow the pattern of the ones people seem to have troubles with. So far all the ones that have this issue are ones that require payment to get them to follow you in the first place. Basically the mercenary followers. Janessa is also a 500g up front follower. 

13 hours ago, Reesewow said:

What I'd recommend would is in the DF MCM menu try pausing the mod, then reset the mod.  This should make it so you can dismiss Vorstag.  Once done you can unpause the mod, and hopefully your next follower won't have issues.

That worked, thanks!  I've dismissed Vorstag and started using the Markarth housecarl.  I'll try firing him as soon as I get some debt to pay off.

7 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

That worked, thanks!  I've dismissed Vorstag and started using the Markarth housecarl.  I'll try firing him as soon as I get some debt to pay off.

Yea, as Corsayr mentioned some people have had a few issues with mercenary followers - I think it may be a conflict with some follower frameworks or dialogue mods that make changes to the hireling dialogues.  Either way you can "dismiss" them with that debug if they do get stuck  - I don't think there "reset" option resets willpower/resistance so as long as you paid them off first it wouldn't even be cheating.  Hopefully you won't have any issues with the Markarth housecarl since he's not a hireling.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:26 PM, cailic said:

This a fun mod.  What would fit in nicely would be forced prostitution.  Maria Eden doesn't work with a lot of mods, and the "A Player Prostitution and Slavery" mod was never completed (So Sad).  You already have a working model to incorporate this.  And there are several models to give ideas on how to script it, such as TDF Aggressive Prostitution. 

Thanks for this mod and thanks for sharing.

So the next deal will have elements of that but it's not gonna be overwhelming so don't get your hopes up too much but the idea is fun ^^. There is potential I may expand upon it at a future date but I need to make it first.

As for using another mod for ideas of how to do things.... not really a thing I do, I'd rather have a good idea that fits into the requirements of being in this mod (which are make the player feel like a slaver while making it possible to play skyrim and not do anything that is too much of a time sync)

That said the enslavement system I feel could break these rules as it is ment to punish the player for failing to pay the follower or not making deals so a prostitute system could be an enslavement outcome. That said, I'm more focused on the main content of the mod and I think enslavement outcomes can come later.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:16 PM, crococat said:

Bondage mittens change is working fine, but armbinder from deals is not at all. While i am enslaved and have armbinder deal it is strange to watch on changing mittens-gloves while i am still in armbinder. I see that becouse of replacement armbinder meshes with ropes, but anyway this mechanic is strange. As i said before, sashas script for armbinder will be very acceptable.

And more entertainment please, boring of all this devices without interactions. I dont critic mod, just want it be better.

Bondage mittens change was added because players had to wear them in the wilderness and give them some chance in combat (basically, made it so that you feel you have lost the use of your hands except in dungeons)

The deal with armbinder/ropes, your follower will remove for free(unless you have device removal off) and it's only in town so it shouldn't be too often. 

I do intend to do 2 tweaks though: make it so the free heavybondage removal is only for them and make them easy to struggle out of.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:53 PM, vampsel said:

It's a one off, I'm evil but to fair they are ment to be dwarfern gloves that if a slave stole it would render them helpless so it destroying there protection makes sense.

So destroying people stuff imo is fine as long as it rare/avoidable (I mean yea the first time isn't but yea life isn't always fair)

On 6/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Lupine00 said:

This has been asked several times. DW did something similar but in a really easy to click way, and in some cases it seemed to fire even when not clicked.

Personally, my gripe is that armor destroying mechanics are meaningless if they don't destroy all the armor you are carrying. It fails in its intent, and yet is somewhat annoying at the same time when it destroys your unique quest armor.

The item seems to be a relic of an approach that was tried and then abandoned as a path that was "wrong" for this mod. It remains (I think, in theory) as a sort of Easter egg, but in practice can spawn quite often, basically just taking away meaningful loot items from boss chests.

One possibility is to load up the ESP in the CK, or TE5Edit, and turn it back into something harmless and vendable.

DW - I will fix that when I continue the mod but it will alway burn off your gear it's a slave cage ^^.

So I made those gloves pretty early on in the mod and it was done because I wanted to understand basically how to make a custom device and to see if you can disguise a devious device.

I put in in Devious followers for 1 reason.... it made no sense so that when a player got caught out they would be like WTF I didn't have a mod that added this were did it come from ect.

As for how it drops..... it should reduce items that drop from the chest I think (I made it it's own roll). Maybe I set the chances too high though.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:28 PM, Ursur1major said:

First level of the deal might apply to weapons, where the Follower requires that their weapons have a base stat of equal or higher than the one equiped by the player

Second level applies to armour as well, and is similar to the first deal as it requires the follower to be equiped with atleast as good if not better armour than the player happens to be wearing.

and third and last level is a gold split, where any loose septims looted from corpses or pouches (any situation where you pick up more than one gold at a time) is split evenly betweent he player and follower.

This looks at face value to not be a particularly harsh deal until level 3, but this means the player might have to pass up upgrades to the follower before getting some for oneself, and the last level makes it even harder to scrounge up enough to pay back those mounting debts, requiring even deals to be taken (Maybe even switch it to first level just to be a bit extra evil)

One thing to note is that the value compared would be the base value of the equipment, i.e the damage or armour ratings before any modifiers like skills, perks, enchantments or tempering as I feel it would risk spiking around too much on a normal playthrough otherwise for it to be possible to keep your followers gear even with your own.

Opinions?

Would be incredibly hard to balance(and code) like what is a lighting staff vs orcish sword ect and explaining the rating of each thing to the player could be hard to and just leave a lot of players confused. That's for level 1/2. For level 3 that's basically what the mod is about the follower getting there fair share of the loot so a deal doing the same thing doesn't really work and basically would be a game over for a lot of players.

I do like they thinking behide it though a deal to mess with the balance of the game ^^.

It has given me an idea though of a deal that make the follower take some loot you have picked up and keeps it until you perform some task so maybe I'll add that (i'll note it down for now)

On 6/18/2018 at 3:30 AM, cailic said:

One thing I found strange.  When your follower "rips your clothes off" they are merely unequipped.  It seems that it would be appropriate for him to take your clothing, or since it is being ripped off, destroy it.  If he takes it, your character must ask for them back when outside of town.  If destroyed, its the penalty for not removing them soon enough.  If you have to ask for them back, depending on your willpower, more deals could be insisted upon.   Or perhaps a favor in exchange for your clothes.  Or you have to buy them back, adding to your debt.

I made it a QoL change basically people complained A LOT they would lose gear ect and deals arn't ment to be too harsh so I changed it to unequiping 

On 6/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Animation issue is really just you having filters on and they not being filters for the chains (I think).

The heavy chains have there own problems though like they take up collar/cuffs slots meaning you lose those items when it was equipped so you'd have to reequip em it after.

Which mean I'd have to check each slot for Block Generic/Quest items then unequip em then equip the chains then when they are unequipped reequip the lost items.

So basically, it's can only be armbinders for that reason.

I may make a version of the Collar/Cuffs deal that does that though but long way off.

As for the bug, I will look more into it cause maybe it is something I've done, but it might a an incompatibility between DF/Other follower mods that said I might have a trick that might fix it.

==========================================

I've made no progress on the mod atm.

I have spent a lot of time playing overwatch and relaxing. I did spend like a day trying to work out FNIS/Animations because I really miss the crawling animation and I may have a solution without making ZEP a hard requirement but I 100% can't use the crawling animation from the nexus because it just doesn't seem to play ball when using it with FNIS without messing with the animation it's self and having 0 knowledge on that.

Once, I do get back into it I know what I'm working on next and it's another deal ! I pretty much have a good idea all sorted and a really fun way to use a device ^^.

As for road map of things I want to do....

Main follower content.....

Device removal..... is complete.

Deals.....

6, 3 stage deals

Have some deals have alternate level 3 outcomes (if possible all 6 have alternate stage 3s) 

Add a few 1 stage deals (like the time extension deal)

Rework/polish some of the older deals.

Meaning players will able to pick and chose the kind of slave they want to be or have everything on and enjoy you random spiral into slavedom.

This will also fix the deals people don't like since there should be enough choice ^^.

Games....

Erg this is a hard one ....

Adding more is a no brainier but after that how to make them integrate into the mod a little better

That said I'm not too worries about it there not really the meat of the mod they are just things that are fun and surprise the player.

Enslavement....

The current system needs a little polish and maybe rework some things.

Adding alternate versions/expanding it a lot .... not for 2.0

The aim of 1.0 is to have a mod that had enough content to be considered enough to stand on it own merit.

The way I see the mod

Debt system/Device Removal/Deals - Are the main parts of the mod 

Games - Are a little fun to add some fun to the mod ! 

Enslavement - Is the outcome of failing the mod (w/ endless mode/Simple Slavery allowing the player to not use that if don't like it)

2.0 goal is to add enough content to the Debt/Device Removal/Deal system so that the mod is very dynamic/customizable (don't like a deal or how stage 3 work change it ect) (Key game instead of the device removal system ect)

W/ 6 deals and up to 12 stage 3 outcomes (unlikely, I'll get 12)

Also getting the loclization aspect/male dialog intergated is another goal (that said may it will be impossible to 100% make it all work but as much as I can) this is a lot of work though.

I will feel the deal/debt/device removal system is done! As in no more adding to it so I can move on to other things. Which I guess is sad but at a certain point add more content on more content doesn't have the same impact as making something new and interesting.

After 2.0, I will probably only use this mod to add more follower based enslavement outcomes and games when I feel like it and move on to Devious World (I hate that name lol) 

Integrating games better will come when it comes it won't be on the roadmap cause it depends on me adding a lot more games so it'll just be one of those things. That said as far as games go there will be similar content in Devious would and that type of content will fit more into that mod anyway.

As a side thought/note... I started this mod because I wanted a light weight slavery system that doesn't take over your game for long periods of time and I used followers because well it was easier than making the player follow someone else lol.

It's orginal design was a system that occasonally enslaved the player then the player gets free (while being able to loot ect) so it's wasn't overbearing and the player always had something to do......

Then I had the deal idea and willpower system .... which expanded and changed what the mod became and honestly, I'm blown away by how well everything works and how fun the mod is now compared to my expectations at the start.

I think the thing I like with this mod is if I don't want it on then I shoudn't hire a follower and if I need one, it's the risk I take cause a few mistake and I could end up a slave but I never feel... damn the mod breaks my game or this mod gets in the way so I need to uninstall it.

Lozeak have you considered toying with the idea of incorporating a set of deals that mess with a characters appearance?  Like say hair color changes or even style, tattoos, and maybe even forced name changes?

Not sure how complicated any of that would be but I think if nothing else a name change at the end of say the slut deal would be a pretty interesting way to finish things out. The idea of going from saying, "I'm a slut" to , "My name is slut," seems pretty significant.

I'm also curious as to whether or not it's possible for an option to have forced followers to be put in. Could be fun to have random follower NPCs come up with some ridiculous reason to attach themselves to a solo player if it was something that could be toggled on or off in the menu. I'm sure not everyone would be interested in it after all.

14 minutes ago, TokalaSelah said:

Lozeak have you considered toying with the idea of incorporating a set of deals that mess with a characters appearance?  Like say hair color changes or even style, tattoos, and maybe even forced name changes?

Not sure how complicated any of that would be but I think if nothing else a name change at the end of say the slut deal would be a pretty interesting way to finish things out. The idea of going from saying, "I'm a slut" to , "My name is slut," seems pretty significant.

I'm also curious as to whether or not it's possible for an option to have forced followers to be put in. Could be fun to have random follower NPCs come up with some ridiculous reason to attach themselves to a solo player if it was something that could be toggled on or off in the menu. I'm sure not everyone would be interested in it after all.

Appearance messing with hair is a kettle of fish I don't want to touch (load of hair mods out there ect). Hair Color maybe, tattoos 100% will be used more at some point.

Name.... I don't know, maybe if an idea is good enough for it to be fun but I think I'll leave it cause not much in the game use your name and I can make the follower call you slave/pet/slut anyway.

Forced follower.... so I have rough ideas for 2 but it's like a million miles off adding cause they need there own system..... I'll explain the idea since some people will enough reading them.

So one was an enslavement outcome, you follower gives up on following you about so that give you a collar which make a troll follow you and use you until you can afford to pay your follower/bounty agent to take the collar off.

It could be a super strong troll so that you can be in a ton of bondage and have to let it do all the work for you and stuff basically you end up leading a troll round and carry the loot for to sell and being it's plaything when it's bored.

Second was a stalker that that is a OTT dragon born fan that keeps trying to get close to you ect, eventually they trick/trap you so your there slave basically the idea is they don't care about gold they just want to have you so you have to find a loop hole/oppitunity to escape from them.