Small idea for a mean alternative to get out of devices:

Add a second mini gambling game where the main price is the needed key. It is a copy of the existing gambling game, but you get the key instead of the jackpot, otherwise you get different amounts of debt added.

Default suggestion for the rolls:

1: 1500 debt

2: 750 debt

3: 500 debt

4: 250 debt

5: 250 cash

6: the required key

You could also add an option for a willpower check, so if you try to pay your follower to remove a device in the current way that there is a chance she forces you to gamble for the key instead. For example 3% chance per lost willpower, so at 10 willpower you always succeed with device removal by paying, but at 0 willpower there is a 30% chance that you have to play the mean key game instead.

2 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Either way, the point fixing the errors in my mod is very much appreciated because if I tried to do the same it would of taken days. I'm going to use the translation to replace all the text in my mod btw because it is a million times better written.

As for the old style vs new style, I tried to write it in a fun way like the follower is playing games with you. I did try to keep it gender neutral. Either way, I doubt people would of like the old style vs your style because your is better to read lol.

The "old" dialog is pretty funny in places, and certainly does the job. It does a better job of "show don't tell" than some of the vanilla dialog, but it also has its mistakes and problems.

I think most users of the mod would be surprised just how much text there is in it.

If you're dyslexic, there's nothing you can do about it. Well, you can get a bit better with effort, but it will always be a struggle. A good friend of mine is dyslexic and it really annoys him that he has trouble writing up complex technical work because of it.

If you want the modified 1.20 source scripts, let me know - I don't have them made, but I can make them if they're wanted.

I have a simple tool I made that applies an EET to original files instead of PXEs. I want to improve it so it can run the decompiler itself too, so it can work on mods with no sources.

If you plan to go to SKSE translation, then you probably won't want them anyway.

9 hours ago, xboronx said:

Small idea for a mean alternative to get out of devices:

Add a second mini gambling game where the main price is the needed key. It is a copy of the existing gambling game, but you get the key instead of the jackpot, otherwise you get different amounts of debt added.

Default suggestion for the rolls:

1: 1500 debt

2: 750 debt

3: 500 debt

4: 250 debt

5: 250 cash

6: the required key

You could also add an option for a willpower check, so if you try to pay your follower to remove a device in the current way that there is a chance she forces you to gamble for the key instead. For example 3% chance per lost willpower, so at 10 willpower you always succeed with device removal by paying, but at 0 willpower there is a 30% chance that you have to play the mean key game instead.

Key game sounds like something that might fit in the mod I added it to my notepad to think about it more later.

7 hours ago, CGi said:

i vote for SKSE translation files to localize the scripts.

Link something that describes what SKSE translation is.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The "old" dialog is pretty funny in places, and certainly does the job. It does a better job of "show don't tell" than some of the vanilla dialog, but it also has its mistakes and problems.

I think most users of the mod would be surprised just how much text there is in it.

If you're dyslexic, there's nothing you can do about it. Well, you can get a bit better with effort, but it will always be a struggle. A good friend of mine is dyslexic and it really annoys him that he has trouble writing up complex technical work because of it.

If you want the modified 1.20 source scripts, let me know - I don't have them made, but I can make them if they're wanted.

I have a simple tool I made that applies an EET to original files instead of PXEs. I want to improve it so it can run the decompiler itself too, so it can work on mods with no sources.

If you plan to go to SKSE translation, then you probably won't want them anyway.

So added the translation to the mod ( I went through the source code and added them ). Massive thanks you for that ^^ (added thanks on main post)

Yea, tell me about it, I'm insanely fast at working something out but describing it or writing it up takes me so much time it's annoying when I could be doing something else. As for getting better I think just keep writing and being accepting of feedback is the way forward !

======================================

Worth saying, I'm not working on anything mod wise atm cause I'm busy so it's likely all updates this month will be tweak/tiding/fixes. Then when I do get time to work on a mod I don't know what I'm going to do.

Bugs in devious world (I hate that title) I'll look into eventually I have noted them down though. Until this mod is out of alpha I'm not rushing to fix anything on it.

On 06/05/2018 at 12:58 PM, Brommer said:

I think I found a bug with Devious World. When I walk across the bridge in Winterhold from the college to town (strangely not in the other direction), the "cage  makes your clothes disappear" message shows up and my armor disappears, just like when using one of these cages. Can other people see if it happens for them as well?

It happened again. I think it has nothing to do with the bridge, it's just that in Winterhold NPCs enter the cage which seems to trigger the spell on the player. At least I've never seen NPCs in the cage in other cities.

6 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Link something that describes what SKSE translation is.

if you're not working on the scripts then i can localize them for you, so you got something more practical to look at.

I like the idea of being forced to gamble with low will, but at least one of the outcomes should be "make a deal".

I also liked that you could have "double down" outcomes where you have to choose to take a penalty (such as make a deal) or roll for the chance of a worse penalty, or nothing.

Ah, like this:

1. Double or nothing

2. Make a deal

3. 750 debt

4. 500 debt

5. 250 debt

6. The Key

Where the double or nothing leads to:

Follower:

You can either take 1500 debt, or gamble for a double-deal or nothing.

If you roll less than a four, you win.

PC topic choices:

I'll take the 1500 debt thanks.

I'm feeling lucky, I'll gamble double or nothing.

Then the player rolls 6, loses, and gets a level two deal :smile:

i prefer the deal to be bound to the dept and not an outcome of gamling.
Want out of your dept but have no money? Gamble OR make a deal.
Having to much dept? Be forced to make a new deal.

So effectivly you could use gambling to enforce a new deal.

I'm still bothered by cost-balancing. I'll be going along fine, and the follower won't be charging enough to put me in debt.

So, I have to decide, whether to put the daily rate (per level) up, or trigger more DCL events, or reduce follower lives.

It feels like I'm deliberately choosing to get into trouble with the follower, and it feels unsatisfactory, like cheating. I might just as well push the add 1000 debt button, or simply not loot or sell items on purpose. It feels wrong somehow.

You know, implicitly, that once you've pushed the cost levels up to the point where it's burning you into debt, getting into a mess with the follower is a one way path; you already know you can't make enough to get out of it. 

I really want the debt to be emergent, somehow, like it was just bad luck, and have the feeling that maybe it doesn't have to get worse... To be surprised, rather than manufacturing the situation myself on purpose in a very direct way.

Chaos mode is obviously an attempt to resolve this exact issue, but even with that it's very sensitive to how you set up the min and max values.

If the max values are too high, usually a bad situation for the player is certain, you just don't know when.

It also feels ... very random ... and thus arbitrary.

I've already suggested some stuff like auto-cost adjustment, random cash and valuable thefts, and follower pranks, but I'm always trying to think of more little mechanics that can create temporary cash problems that with luck, and a few deals, you might get out of.

So, here's another little tweak. What if the follower sometimes forgets to add debt for one or two updates, lulling you into a sense of security, then adds in the back-debt, with interest all at once (and admits it).

Follower:

Sorry I was distracted by the sight of you running around dressed like that.

I forgot to add the last day's debt in. Never mind, I've corrected it now. So with interest you owe me <X> gold.

This doesn't add much to your debt unfairly, so it doesn't feel like the mod cheated on you, but if you were checking the follower's debt against your cash and paying regularly, it might get you into trouble. Or it might not. That's the beauty of it. It's not really unfair, because if you're paying attention, it won't catch you out.

And another little idea:

Add a dialogue to certain NPCs, innkeppers being one possible group. It fires randomly, not too often.

They're in debt and they desperately need somebody to lend them <an amount of cash a bit less than the PC has on hand> to pay off a money lender.

They explain that if they don't get it soon, something bad could happen to them. PC's offers of direct help are no good because the money lender will just wait until the PC isn't around.

If the PC lends them the money, all is well, and game proceeds. The NPC promises to pay the PC back. Later.

Now the PC is nearly broke.

If the PC refuses to help, next time they come to the inn, the innkeeper is missing, and they can't rent rooms or trade.

This persists for a few days, and then the NPC returns, with some background dialogue about how they got beat up and dumped in a ditch.

For extra immersion, you have to find the NPC who has been beaten up and dumped in a ditch, and help them get home. This possibly also involves lending money.

The loaned money eventually gets paid back, but not for a week or two of game time, and you have to go and collect it.

In this case, the PC gets themself in trouble by choosing to help. They can always refuse, but there's a price.

I ran into a ctd problem when I activated the Clavicus Vile statue in Haemar's Shame while having a follower active using this mod. I did a quick search for ctd when activating the statue and I found posts suggesting the "Sofia" follower mod created the issue. Once I paid off my follower and dismissed them I could continue the quest without issue and employ the follower again. Apparently, the author of the Sofia mod fixed that issue so there is possibly a fix for this as well.

Love the mod keep up the good work.

p.s. I'm using v1.20 I will update to the latest version today.

I don't entirely "get" this mod.  It seems like, provided I keep paying my follower, she never does anything devious (except at low willpower, sometimes if I ask her to remove items she insists that I strip then rapes me).  I occasionally see a message that my follower tried to tie me up in the night but I caught her, but I never actually get tied up.  Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I tried allowing my debt to mount up to see what happened.  My follower enslaved me and gave me some rules, but then she immediately said I was a great disappointment, dumped me in a cave and left.

47 minutes ago, Ytheria said:

Also, I tried allowing my debt to mount up to see what happened.  My follower enslaved me and gave me some rules, but then she immediately said I was a great disappointment, dumped me in a cave and left.

It's better if you make a deal.

The default config is probably not quite right if you want a lot of devious action.

Set the enslave debt higher than default, and the fail/abandon debt higher again. I'm currently using 10,000 and 24,000.

But the scale depends on your level. Those number are for level around 20, no higher, but definitely not level 5.

Set the per-day cost per-level to at least 50, possibly as much as 100.

Then set the deal value to around 4000, and the you can either set deal packback LESS, so deals are really attractive, or something like 4400.

Set base days on deal to 3. I think that's a sweet spot. Makes it hard to bail out early.

There's a number for early withdrawal from a deal percentage, set that fairly high.

Set follower lives lower, cost to remove devices higher, cost per extra device higher, punishment cost higher 750 or 1000 for the levels above.

Then set DCL to trigger a reasonable amount so you need to get those devices off. Tweak DCL to not give special items or custom items very much.

Anyway, maybe my numbers just don't work for you. Everyone has their tastes. But play around. Experiment. Don't just go with defaults and then be shocked that you can simply pay your follower and it's never an issue. You won't have much fun that way.

3 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

It's better if you make a deal.

The default config is probably not quite right.

Set the enslave debt higher than default, and the fail/abandon debt higher again. I'm currently using 10,000 and 24,000.

But the scale depends on your level. Those number are for level around 20, no higher, but definitely not level 5.

Set the per-day cost per-level to at least 50, possibly as much as 100.

Then set the deal value to around 4000, and the you can either set deal packback LESS, so deals are really attractive, or something like 4400.

Set base days on deal to 3. I think that's a sweet spot. Makes it hard to bail out early.

There's a number for early withdrawal from a deal percentage, set that fairly high.

Anyway, maybe my numbers just don't work for you. Everyone has their tastes. But play around. Experiment. Don't just go with defaults and then be shocked that you can simply pay your follower and it's never an issue. You won't have much fun that way.

Thanks, that's helpful.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

So, here's another little tweak. What if the follower sometimes forgets to add debt for one or two updates, lulling you into a sense of security, then adds in the back-debt, with interest all at once (and admits it).

Follower:

I forgot to add the last day's debt in. Never mind, I've corrected it now. So with interest you owe me <X> gold.

This doesn't add much to your debt unfairly, so it doesn't feel like the mod cheated on you, but if you were checking the follower's debt against your cash and paying regularly, it might get you into trouble. Or it might not. That's the beauty of it. It's not really unfair, because if you're paying attention, it won't catch you out.

i do like this idea.  best part is even those who normally pay attention can get caught out.  the only ones who will not get caught out (eventually) by a 

mechanic like this are those who pay followers on a regular timed basis habitually (or those who pay super close attention all the time).

imho this would fit the mod well for a variable reason to end up having to take deals and the overall theme of the mod (follower trying to take advantage of player).

3 hours ago, NikkiW said:

I ran into a ctd problem when I activated the Clavicus Vile statue in Haemar's Shame while having a follower active using this mod. I did a quick search for ctd when activating the statue and I found posts suggesting the "Sofia" follower mod created the issue. Once I paid off my follower and dismissed them I could continue the quest without issue and employ the follower again. Apparently, the author of the Sofia mod fixed that issue so there is possibly a fix for this as well.

Love the mod keep up the good work.

p.s. I'm using v1.20 I will update to the latest version today.

this is a known issue (CTD happens with some talking activators) and can be worked around easily enough by just using the "pause mod" button

on the debug page.   this particular CTD issue does somewhat depend on individual load orders (some people get it more than others), and the 2 main 

times it seems to happen are the Clavicus Vile quest and at the Augur of Dunlain (during College of Winterhold questline).

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Follower:

I really like this idea, as yes it is one of those little things that might catch a wealthy player out if they don't happen to notice the suspicious lack of "Your follower has added some debt" for an update or two.  This might put them over the enslavement debt resulting in the big willpower loss/money confiscation event if they aren't fast enough on the uptake.

And another little idea:

Add a dialogue to certain NPCs, innkeppers being one possible group. It fires randomly, not too often.

They're in debt and they desperately need somebody to lend them <an amount of cash a bit less than the PC has on hand> to pay off a money lender.

They explain that if they don't get it soon, something bad could happen to them. PC's offers of direct help are no good because the money lender will just wait until the PC isn't around.

If the PC lends them the money, all is well, and game proceeds. The NPC promises to pay the PC back. Later.

If the PC refuses to help, next time they come to the inn, the innkeeper is missing, and they can't rent rooms or trade.

This persists for a few days, and then the NPC returns, with some background dialogue about how they got beat up and dumped in a ditch.

Not as huge a fan of this idea, as IMO it could be more annoying than actually putting the player in a compromising situation.  I don't think the *punishment* of not loaning money would every incentivize me to put myself in a compromising position, and if I had the cash to spare the idea of being paid with interest doesn't seem that interesting gameplay wise.  It may be a bit out of the scope of Devious Followers.... but I could totally see this working as a Devious World feature (after being sexied up somehow).

I agree with the feeling that Devious Followers by itself can be tricky to balance - too little cost per day and you don't feel much pressure from the mod, too much and you may be dooming yourself to failure without divine MCM menu intervention.  However, I don't think Devious Followers itself should be expected to be the source of all of your random money pressures.  I've found some of the best unexpected outcomes I've had with DF come from it interacting with other mods and events. 

Specifically Defeat and Cursed Loot are my main sources of random money panic.  My settings are such that I don't have to change my gameplay style to pay my follower consistently (I don't scrounge piles of loot, I just pick up gold/gems and the occasional extremely expensive enchanted weapon).  However, I very quickly need to accept deals after Defeat or Cursed Loot takes all my money, and at times I've needed to decide between paying my follower, or taking a few deals to afford asking my follower to remove heavy bondage.  High-security restraints are another quick way into taking follower deals, as a single high-security restraint costs 8k to remove at a blacksmith in my game (and High-Sec restraints are counted as "weird" restraints, meaning as long as you are wearing one your follower won't touch any other DD item you are wearing).

Basically, I think a good way to try to spice up DF is to look for mods that do similar things and result in you losing your safety net of money more often - requiring you to have to decide to go into debt/gamble/take deals or go on a dungeon run to get more money unexpectedly.

9 hours ago, Ytheria said:

I don't entirely "get" this mod.  It seems like, provided I keep paying my follower, she never does anything devious (except at low willpower, sometimes if I ask her to remove items she insists that I strip then rapes me).  I occasionally see a message that my follower tried to tie me up in the night but I caught her, but I never actually get tied up.  Am I doing something wrong?

Sooooo bug with default setting the enslavement failure debt was set to be the same as freedom cost meaning you basically insta fail the slavery part. Needless to say, your feedback will probably help a lot of new users to the mod. Thank you! (You can fix this by raising the Enslavement Failure debt to like 8k or something in the MCM if you don't want to start a new game)

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm still bothered by cost-balancing. I'll be going along fine, and the follower won't be charging enough to put me in debt.

So, I have to decide, whether to put the daily rate (per level) up, or trigger more DCL events, or reduce follower lives.

It feels like I'm deliberately choosing to get into trouble with the follower, and it feels unsatisfactory, like cheating. I might just as well push the add 1000 debt button, or simply not loot or sell items on purpose. It feels wrong somehow.

You know, implicitly, that once you've pushed the cost levels up to the point where it's burning you into debt, getting into a mess with the follower is a one way path; you already know you can't make enough to get out of it. 

I really want the debt to be emergent, somehow, like it was just bad luck, and have the feeling that maybe it doesn't have to get worse... To be surprised, rather than manufacturing the situation myself on purpose in a very direct way.

Chaos mode is obviously an attempt to resolve this exact issue, but even with that it's very sensitive to how you set up the min and max values.

If the max values are too high, usually a bad situation for the player is certain, you just don't know when.

It also feels ... very random ... and thus arbitrary.

I've already suggested some stuff like auto-cost adjustment, random cash and valuable thefts, and follower pranks, but I'm always trying to think of more little mechanics that can create temporary cash problems that with luck, and a few deals, you might get out of.

Follower:

I'm currently trying to invent enough houserules and set up other mods to achieve this goal. As you say it's always quite difficult to set up the various slavery mods in a frequency that feels immersive and "right" for you. If you make them too easy you never get into debt/slavery, if you make them too hard it's boring too.

Sexlab adventures does a great job with adding lots of bounties for sex "crimes". And it is even configureable on a hold to hold basis. This way if you play a non-nord you can for example set very humiliating sex laws for windhelm. Or you let Siddgeir invent a clever tax increase trick for falkreath: you force a nudity law to any visitors while taxing all sex acts heavily. If you run around nude there DCL, Deviously Enslaved or Sexlab adventures itself (has nice rape options too) will lead to sudden tax spikes.

Then if this happens you have to decide whether you want to endure prison with PoP or lend money from your follower.

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

And another little idea:

For extra immersion, you have to find the NPC who has been beaten up and dumped in a ditch, and help them get home. This possibly also involves lending money.

The loaned money eventually gets paid back, but not for a week or two of game time, and you have to go and collect it.

In this case, the PC gets themself in trouble by choosing to help. They can always refuse, but there's a price.

This is a great idea. I saw in other mods that you can mark NPCs via hotkey or dialogue topic.

If this is possible i would mark my favourite dozen or so NPCs and then periodically (for example once a month) a small event could occur. You would get a courier letter or quest notice and then randomly one of your marked NPCs gets chosen and a quest like you described starts.

This way you would always be very tempted to save them.

A funny idea might also be if your follower gets a greed level stat. Not sure if it is possible to track how much gold the player earns, but if it is then your follower could start to request gifts from you. If you often agree the greed level rises and you get asked for more and more often. If you always refuse your follower might start to hate you though, thinking you are uncle scrooge, and try to get his/her revenge, attempting to rob or enslave you when you are sleeping.

9 minutes ago, Hiderius said:

I just discovered this mod and haven't used it yet but I think this would go good with Cursed Loot

Yep, it really does work well with DCUL.  I'd recommend turning off Follower Support in DCUL's settings however, IMO Devious Followers works a lot better when your follower isn't getting bound at the same time as the PC.

What about setting up an option to turn the tables and reverse roles? Maybe the reason the follower is so devious is because he/she got into a lot of trouble with loan sharks. There could be a quest when it's triggered, makes the collectors come knocking.

"Gee, I'd love to help you with this, but I'm a little tied up at the moment."........."Let's make a deal....."

(Every time I read that, I hear the voice from the Dremora Black Market vendor from Oblivion)

Are the deals meant to cause any external events/outcomes all by themselves (beyond the background willpower/resistance adjustments), or do they only set up the player in different precarious situations that other mods can then take advantage of? The "randomly strip you in populated places" deal does only that on its face, but then your sudden nakedness invites other mods to jump in that punish for nudity/public indecency or get you assaulted/raped/enslaved by any nearby lusty townsfolk, the "deal" only really opened the door for something else to come in and play.

I'm asking though in relation to the "tell them you're a slut when I touch your shoulder" deal, I somewhat expected any highly-aroused and/or low-morality NPC to react to that revelation in a very self-pleasing (to them) manner, but I only ever get "oh you're playing a dare game? ha ha very funny" no matter where their arousal is or who I talk to. Trying to buy a few hundred lumber to build a house (only 20 logs at a time *obscene gesture in Bethesda's general direction* :rage: ) resulted in having to repeat the slut-stature confession to the Millworker a half-dozen times throughout the process before we got what we needed, but every response was the same "ha ha" and then lumber purchasing continued unabated :confused:

Is there a location or condition requirement not being met, or just unlucky RNG that has yet to trigger an alternate response/event for slut confirmation, if there are any?

As an aside, going back to the "suddenly naked in the middle of the market" stripping deal, scattering your stripped clothes on the ground by your feet is a nice extry bump to the humiliation of the event moreso than just unequipping your gear to your inventory, but may cause problems for non-vanilla outfits if that fancy custom mod-added armor did not come with a Ground Object associated with it, so the stripping event just poofed your sweet curiass out of existence... or worse, also left a texture-smudge hanging in mid-air where the item appeared when dropped, that can't be interacted with or moved/erased in any way that I can find :confounded:

Nothing this mod can account for really, maybe a warning to players to ensure their intended outfit is up to specs or they only wear vanilla gear if/when they accept that deal :smile:

51 minutes ago, S4WDU5T said:

Are the deals meant to cause any external events/outcomes all by themselves (beyond the background willpower/resistance adjustments), or do they only set up the player in different precarious situations that other mods can then take advantage of? The "randomly strip you in populated places" deal does only that on its face, but then your sudden nakedness invites other mods to jump in that punish for nudity/public indecency or get you assaulted/raped/enslaved by any nearby lusty townsfolk, the "deal" only really opened the door for something else to come in and play.

I'm asking though in relation to the "tell them you're a slut when I touch your shoulder" deal, I somewhat expected any highly-aroused and/or low-morality NPC to react to that revelation in a very self-pleasing (to them) manner, but I only ever get "oh you're playing a dare game? ha ha very funny" no matter where their arousal is or who I talk to. Trying to buy a few hundred lumber to build a house (only 20 logs at a time *obscene gesture in Bethesda's general direction* :rage: ) resulted in having to repeat the slut-stature confession to the Millworker a half-dozen times throughout the process before we got what we needed, but every response was the same "ha ha" and then lumber purchasing continued unabated :confused:

Is there a location or condition requirement not being met, or just unlucky RNG that has yet to trigger an alternate response/event for slut confirmation, if there are any?

As an aside, going back to the "suddenly naked in the middle of the market" stripping deal, scattering your stripped clothes on the ground by your feet is a nice extry bump to the humiliation of the event moreso than just unequipping your gear to your inventory, but may cause problems for non-vanilla outfits if that fancy custom mod-added armor did not come with a Ground Object associated with it, so the stripping event just poofed your sweet curiass out of existence... or worse, also left a texture-smudge hanging in mid-air where the item appeared when dropped, that can't be interacted with or moved/erased in any way that I can find :confounded:

Nothing this mod can account for really, maybe a warning to players to ensure their intended outfit is up to specs or they only wear vanilla gear if/when they accept that deal :smile:

Could have the follower hold onto the gear "for safe keeping" with the emphasis on the "keeping" part.....Hey! Pay your bills!

1 hour ago, S4WDU5T said:

Is there a location or condition requirement not being met, or just unlucky RNG that has yet to trigger an alternate response/event for slut confirmation

I'm not 100% certain which it is, but the dialogue actually can trigger scenes currently based on your character's status.  Low willpower, nudity and/or being in DD can trigger a scene with something like a 1/5 chance.

Yup, this mod brought to my attention that my bikini armour I was using had an incorrect file path for the ground model of on item.  I did end up fixing it rather than changing armour.

4 hours ago, S4WDU5T said:

all the deals can have other mods take advantage of what they do at any level (if the other mod does that type thing that is), however:

all the deals at level 3 can cause their own event/outcome all by themselves.

IAS (I'm A Slut) deal example:

level 1 =  telling people you are a slut at times (if another mod can cause effects due to dialogue it can trigger, do not know of one that does this on its own)

level 2 = being naked in town (DCL, DEC, and other mods that take advantage of nudity can now do so :smile: )

level 3 = hand are tied to boot (other mods that take advantage of nudity or bound condition can do so) and when you tell someone "I am a Slut" they just might take

advantage of you (give you what you want) and this is not dependent on other mods.

the other deals have similar mechanics built in as well.

Has anyone else noticed with ver 1.23/1.23a any troubles dismissing followers once debt is paid..  I pay and dismiss follower and she happily say "I'll head home if you need me" then just stands there.. the new DF intro repeats and kerpow! with nothing done she is devious follower again..  Now I do like my devious follower but there are times when my poor "girl" needs a rest, or has missions to do..

I am sure there was an old bug with a very early edition of DF that did this, has it re occuered or have I just got a messed up load order (the later is of course possible despite every effort to keep things balanced.) Has only happened since 1.23a installed (have skipped a few versions as I was trying out other mods and didnt have DF installed for them)

Still think this mod is awesome and I will find my perfect MCM balance for it one day haha..  Plenty of testing needed to find the sweet spot I am sure but testing can be a lot of fun too  ..

EDIT: .. ah...  just thought I have EFF running too which is probably what is causing the issue if I remember rightly..  I will adjust load orders and see what happens..