Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

Hi All,  I seem to be unable to use the Stripper pole. I have the pole in game and the animation files, but when my sim routes to the pole they drop the interaction. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Everything else is working great since the newest update btw, very smooth play. Thanks for all the time you put into this TwilightStorm.

8 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Is Resource.cfg inside your mods folder or you accidentally delete it?

Yes the not only was the Resource.cfg file inside the mods folder but I even re-uploaded everything and it still does not appear. It appears that Passion, Pregnancy Controller and Nude Outfit Changer has disappeared but some other options such as motive changer and outfit changer are still available. 

Here is the Resource.cfg info in my game, do you see anything incorrect or have any other ideas?

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

Some mods will conflict even if Dashboard says the oposite, I say this because when Passion conflicted whit barmaids in the anterior versions i was experimenting whit other mods that were conflicting so I moved them to another folder to later remove them but noticed that Dashboard no longer detected them as a conflict unless i moved them back to their original place, I even started thinking load order mathers as well. Anyway my advice is if you start having problems that others not, remove the other mods escept passion and if the problem is gone then you have a hidden conflict.

7 hours ago, sms2lynn said:

Yes the not only was the Resource.cfg file inside the mods folder but I even re-uploaded everything and it still does not appear. It appears that Passion, Pregnancy Controller and Nude Outfit Changer has disappeared but some other options such as motive changer and outfit changer are still available. 

Here is the Resource.cfg info in my game, do you see anything incorrect or have any other ideas?

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

Click on a male sim and go Edit in CAS with MC. Does it have penis?

Pregnancy controller of Cmar was inside Cmar_penis and I removed it.

The new Cmar_Penis has only the penis meshes an maps and nothing more.

I wrote what it contains in the ReadThis.pdf.

In case that you see the erotic interaction in sims pie menu and no other option if you click on it, then you might have deleted your animations?

9 hours ago, MurderPrincess said:

Hi All,  I seem to be unable to use the Stripper pole. I have the pole in game and the animation files, but when my sim routes to the pole they drop the interaction. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Everything else is working great since the newest update btw, very smooth play. Thanks for all the time you put into this TwilightStorm.

There must be a stereo in the same room that the pole is. Not satellite speakers, they are not stereos.

2 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

What exactly you removed so I can re-add them because now I have chopped breasts so that means some sliders are missing.

Edit. Replacing Cmar_penis for the old version solved the problem but can I leave it that way?

35 minutes ago, mazlguy2 said:

What exactly you removed so I can re-add them because now I have chopped breasts so that means some sliders are missing.

Edit. Replacing Cmar_penis for the old version solved the problem but can I leave it that way?

When I started include a combine Cmar mods in passion, just to help anyone that is newbie in mods and just want passion to start play, I even had accusations from some people, even for that which is not mine.

Because any of these is mods are not mine, I should always delete it and prompt links, instead of any combined package.

I choose now, to have only the penis meshes and maps in a penis combined package instead have anything more that leads to confusion.  

So in this package there is nothing more than any penis mesh, penis sliders and maps and the only thing for nipples is the nipples sliders of Cmar.

Others, including me choose the nipple and butt-Vagina mesh of GECK.O and if any one adds it and has the Cmar nipples also, that leads to nipples conflicts with stereo buttons look like nipples. 

This package is the last combine one  with what I say, I added in ReadThis.pdf and this will follow from now on any passion version.  

2 hours ago, mazlguy2 said:

I discovered something weird, if you enable jealousy and masturbate and  your girlfriend or boyfriend see you, counts as cheating. 

Actually it isn't strange to the game. Cause technically your woohooing yourself so the game will count that as cheating since it's not with your sims partner. It's the games standard jealousy system you can only have it turned on or off.

12 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

In case that you see the erotic interaction in sims pie menu and no other option if you click on it, then you might have deleted your animations?

No Penis on male sim

My apologies for missing that in the READTHIS. Wasn't expecting anything to be removed only added but I understand your reasons. 

I have still been unsuccessful at getting the Erotic option to appear. Not sure what to do next. 

I replaced the Resource.cfg....uninstalled and reinstalled the game, started a new world and it has not worked. Perfect time for this to happen while I am attempting to test childbirth animations. 

I will try removing everything and only placing Passion in with animations and hopefully that works. Then I will start the eliminating process to target the issue. 

***Does anyone know what this file is? I found it in my Sims 3 download folder and it will not allow me to delete it stating "file is open in another program" Could this be causing my Passion problems? I can delete the entire Sim3 file with the exception of this "debug" file below

[0517/222917:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222919:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222919:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222923:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222924:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222924:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0518/102158:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 

2 hours ago, sms2lynn said:

Yes, I had removed it at one point but reinstalled it. It never caused problems with Passion before but I will attempt removing it and try again.

Hospital Overhaul can cause problems that are not even related to the mods functions and the problems it does cause is not noticeable right away it takes time for them to manifest themselves and there are a lot of ways for an outdated mod to break your game and you may not even realize it, such as your sim can no longer put on their shoes and sims that get pregnant become invisible etc...... And the damage it causes is sometimes unrepairable it's literally like having a ticking time bomb in your game. You had already been told this by 2 people who have a large amount of knowledge of both the game and mods https://www.nraas.net/community/developer-discussion/topic4209

31 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

No Penis on male sim

My apologies for missing that in the READTHIS. Wasn't expecting anything to be removed only added but I understand your reasons. 

I have still been unsuccessful at getting the Erotic option to appear. Not sure what to do next. 

I replaced the Resource.cfg....uninstalled and reinstalled the game, started a new world and it has not worked. Perfect time for this to happen while I am attempting to test childbirth animations. 

I will try removing everything and only placing Passion in with animations and hopefully that works. Then I will start the eliminating process to target the issue. 

***Does anyone know what this file is? I found it in my Sims 3 download folder and it will not allow me to delete it stating "file is open in another program" Could this be causing my Passion problems? I can delete the entire Sim3 file with the exception of this "debug" file below

[0517/222917:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0517/222923:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[0518/102158:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 

Restart your computer and then try to delete them.

13 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

18 minutes ago, namaradus said:

Hospital Overhaul can cause problems that are not even related to the mods functions and the problems it does cause is not noticeable right away it takes time for them to manifest themselves and there are a lot of ways for an outdated mod to break your game and you may not even realize it, such as your sim can no longer put on their shoes and sims that get pregnant become invisible etc...... And the damage it causes is sometimes unrepairable it's literally like having a ticking time bomb in your game. You had already been told this by 2 people who have a large amount of knowledge of both the game and mods https://www.nraas.net/community/developer-discussion/topic4209

Restart your computer and then try to delete them.

Yes, as you obviously saw I was told this and because I am a person attempting to learn what I can to be an asset to the Sim Community it helps to know "why" and "how" something is going to happen. I'm not attempting to sound rude so I hope this comment does not sound that way. If you are also on that site then perhaps you noticed that I made 3 request for help in other areas and because I wasn't answered I didn't know how much I could depend on the information received there. 

Thank you guys for "talking back" to us so that we realize someone is trying to help and what we are saying matters. I have wiped my entire Sims 3 folder, I will restart my computer again and hopefully what you stated will work.  #fingerscrossed

2 hours ago, sms2lynn said:

Yes, I had removed it at one point but reinstalled it. It never caused problems with Passion before but I will attempt removing it and try again.

hey, Lynn, 

according to Igazor from NRaas — when answering to a MTS user about Hospital Overhaul in October 2018: "it is not to be recommended as it tends to break players' games beyond repair. Some still do have success with it, but the mods (there were two of them by different developers) were made for Patch 1.55 and the later patches broke them. SimsMX in particular dropped out since then and unfortunately never returned to fix his. The other developer must have had his own reasons for not doing so."

i don't know if Namaradus agrees with me, yet i have NRaas and Passion installed in my Overrides folder; that way, i push TS3 into prioritising both Mods.

Spoiler

1524029469_ScreenShot2019-05-19at7_14_32PM.png.8d50b4c9be92fe489228212278fb5278.png

one got to be attentive when installing CC and Mods in TS3. if you may, try to observe the date and for which patch a Mod was created/developed.

cheers.

5 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Lynn, 

according to Igazor from NRaas — when answering to a MTS user about Hospital Overhaul in October 2018: "it is not to be recommended as it tends to break players' games beyond repair. Some still do have success with it, but the mods (there were two of them by different developers) were made for Patch 1.55 and the later patches broke them. SimsMX in particular dropped out since then and unfortunately never returned to fix his. The other developer must have had his own reasons for not doing so."

i don't know if Namaradus agrees with me, yet i have NRaas and Passion installed in my Overrides folder; that way, i push TS3 into prioritising both Mods.

Reveal hidden contents

1524029469_ScreenShot2019-05-19at7_14_32PM.png.8d50b4c9be92fe489228212278fb5278.png

one got to be attentive when installing CC and Mods in TS3. if you may, try to observe the date and for which patch a Mod was created/developed.

cheers.

Thank you Zen....I really appreciate how kind both you and Storm have been to me and the others of us here at LL. Reloading game now "without" Hospital Overhaul and will advise you of the outcome.

Question: do you know if anyone has created a mod with many of the attributes that Hospital Overhaul has? Such as Sterilization and Counseling? I would really love to have this. Hopefully I can learn to mod and create them myself if not yet done. ? 

14 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

Yes, as you obviously saw I was told this and because I am a person attempting to learn what I can to be an asset to the Sim Community it helps to know "why" and "how" something is going to happen. I'm not attempting to sound rude so I hope this comment does not sound that way. If you are also on that site then perhaps you noticed that I made 3 request for help in other areas and because I wasn't answered I didn't know how much I could depend on the information received there. 

This game, except the mods folder has also Collections, DCBackup, DCCache and Library folders that are also important for the game play.

Even if DCCache has nothing DCBackup must have a ccmerged.package.

Collections folder can have also corrupted packages as much as Library.

All those folders are inside your documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3  folder and no matter how many times you re-install this game any corruption in this folder brings the same result.

So Rename this folder to documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3-OLD and launch the game.

You will see a new created Sims 3 folder.

Close the game and copy your mods folder from documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3-OLD to the new created one.

Start a new game and report if this had any result or not.  

16 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

Thank you Zen....I really appreciate how kind both you and Storm have been to me and the others of us here at LL. Reloading game now "without" Hospital Overhaul and will advise you of the outcome.

Question: do you know if anyone has created a mod with many of the attributes that Hospital Overhaul has? Such as Sterilization and Counseling? I would really love to have this. Hopefully I can learn to mod and create them myself if not yet done. ? 

Ok, I'm beyond frustrated now...I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, repair packs on Origin there is "nothing" in my Mods folder except Passion and the necessary items and still no Erotic option ? 

1 hour ago, sms2lynn said:

No Penis on male sim

For the penis you need the Cmar_penis of the zip and one of the 2 Cmar core mods cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package or cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43.package, depends on your game version to make it appear. Any thing else such as preg controller nipples etc have nothing to do with passion.  

If you do have them and you can't load them when anything in your mods is correct, then your \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 is corrupted somewhere.

8 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

For the penis you need the Cmar_penis of the zip and one of the 2 Cmar core mods cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package or cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43.package, depends on your game version to make it appear. Any thing else such as preg controller nipples etc have nothing to do with passion.  

If you do have them and you can't load them when anything in your mods is correct, then your \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 is corrupted somewhere.

I have the following in my Mods folder. I removed The Sims  3 folder, repaired with Origin, restarted my computer and the game to generate a new Sims 3 folder. To prevent any issues I have re-downloaded latest update of Passion and the animations from LL just if something happened to the old ones in my possibly corrupted folder. 

The reason I mentioned pregnancy and some of the others is that other things that were packaged with Passion works such as MMD Dance, Outfit and Mood Changer, Cum Mask are in my CAS along with Whip and other items so this leaves me confused as to why only the erotic option is missing now that I understand why you removed the pregnancy controller. 

2 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:
17 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

Is it possible for a folder in Origin to be corrupt? I have the Sims 3 in Electronic Arts downloaded in my Documents folder and on my C drive The Sims 3 is listed in Origin with my expansion and stuff packs.