I really don't care who owns a sold slave, so automatically assigning unowned slaves to random owners would work for me.

One thing I have never understood - why is there a standalone Papyrusutil and one included in Sexlab. 

Can we always use the sexlab version and ignore the standalone? Currently they both seem to be at 3.8.

17 hours ago, fred200 said:

I really don't care who owns a sold slave, so automatically assigning unowned slaves to random owners would work for me.

One thing I have never understood - why is there a standalone Papyrusutil and one included in Sexlab. 

Can we always use the sexlab version and ignore the standalone? Currently they both seem to be at 3.8.

SL includes it for convenience, but it's the exact same software as far as I can tell. If you install SL, you don't have to install the standalone for Aygas

17 hours ago, fred200 said:

PapyrusUtil is used for more than just SexLab.  But if you have SexLab, you probably do not need to also install PapyrusUtil.

20 hours ago, fred200 said:

2 hours ago, Musje said:

SL includes it for convenience, but it's the exact same software as far as I can tell. If you install SL, you don't have to install the standalone for Aygas

59 minutes ago, Galishai said:

PapyrusUtil is used for more than just SexLab.  But if you have SexLab, you probably do not need to also install PapyrusUtil.

I thought the version of PapUtil included with SL was old and most people were supposed install the new one and let it overwrite.  I might be confused though and other mods were also including it but using older version and if they overwrote SL would cause problems.

When I checked my setup, I see I have version 3.3 which was uploaded to Nexus in Sept and SL came out June that same year.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, Musje said:

Right, I installed the latest Skyrim and did some testing. This is what I got so far:

1) I can reproduce the issue: slave informnation is not retained between saves

2) It looks like PapyrusUtil is bugged as I suspected. For instance, the Owner value for a slave is stored with a simple call to StorageUtil, and retrieved in the same way. This has always worked. But in the latest version, it only works in the same game session; after a save and reload, the value comes back as None.

I posted a bug report for PapyrusUtils on Nexus.

Edit: I should add that this problem will probably have ruined your save, in the sense that ownership data is irretrievably lost. If you guys have ideas for fixing this, let me know. One would be a spell to let the player take ownership of a slave so it can be resold (marked as a special sale for 0 gold). Another would be to reassign all slaves in a zone to random NPC owners.

Hi everyone,

Srry that I haven't been able to continue playing too much, but I've kept track of what has been going on. I think that assigning slaves to random owners can work as long as it stays in registered owners since I've seen AYGAS keeps track of them and slaves. dunno exactly how it works but my question would be if the random function isn't limited somehow, could it create a "fake" bloat of owners that may or may not have an impact on performance or scripting?. My second issue that happened once, which actually led me to notice the slave losing owners issue, is that the loss also happened to a couple of my own slaves I left "turning tricks" at a tavern somewhere. After reloading I had lost ownership of them as well, I suspect for the exact same function used in papyrus to recover the ownership of those slaves... I may be wrong but just trying to add my two cents.

As always thanks to authors for all the work you guys are putting into this.

Best regards 

20 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I thought the version of PapUtil included with SL was old and most people were supposed install the new one and let it overwrite.  I might be confused though and other mods were also including it but using older version and if they overwrote SL would cause problems.

When I checked my setup, I see I have version 3.3 which was uploaded to Nexus in Sept and SL came out June that same year.

I don't think it hurts either way to have it or not have it.  I've run both ways in my game and so far I have not found anything that breaks when I remove it.  But it also was not hurting anything to have it in.

Hey guys, happy new year to you all! I see it's a PapyrusUtil problem then... Well, at least we found the culprit!

The bad thing is that the guy who uploads it only seems to update it when there is a new Skyrim Special Edition update... So it may take a long time to fix it :/

The PapyrusUtil version that comes with SexLab and the one that is at Nexus are the exact same. SexLab comes with it for convenience like Musje said.

They both have the same file paths/names/dates/file sizes and the uploader ExiledViper is Ashal. Same avatar and the file upload time is always very close to each other. I've always only used the Sexlab version and have never had any issues. The mod OSA comes with really old versions of PapyrusUtil files. Best to delete the older duplicates.

Hey there, I have run into an issue I am hoping you can help with without the need of a fresh install of everything. I have the current version of this mod plus the aygas patch. My last game started to ctd much more frequently than usual prompting me to start a new game. When the new game loaded, all my mcm menus with the exception of this mod loaded and the game runs fine. I checked to make sure the plugin and all required mods were installed, which they were. Next thing I tried was just sitting and waiting for 15-20 minutes doing nothing hoping it would load. When that didn't work, I played for an hour or so with a few cell changes...still no luck. My next step was to save and exit the game and uninstall the mod. I then reloaded, rans around for a few minutes changing cells then saved and quit again. I then reinstalled the mod, loaded up the game and again waited about 20 minutes with no luck. Finally I opened console and put this in: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Still no luck. Any help would be great! And thanks ahead of time.

54 minutes ago, noblahblahblahnopeblahblah said:

Hey there, I have run into an issue I am hoping you can help with without the need of a fresh install of everything. I have the current version of this mod plus the aygas patch. My last game started to ctd much more frequently than usual prompting me to start a new game. When the new game loaded, all my mcm menus with the exception of this mod loaded and the game runs fine. I checked to make sure the plugin and all required mods were installed, which they were. Next thing I tried was just sitting and waiting for 15-20 minutes doing nothing hoping it would load. When that didn't work, I played for an hour or so with a few cell changes...still no luck. My next step was to save and exit the game and uninstall the mod. I then reloaded, rans around for a few minutes changing cells then saved and quit again. I then reinstalled the mod, loaded up the game and again waited about 20 minutes with no luck. Finally I opened console and put this in: setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Still no luck. Any help would be great! And thanks ahead of time.

start a new game and see if it loads

On 1/8/2020 at 6:00 AM, Fetterbr said:

start a new game and see if it loads

Thanks, forgot to mention I tried that too and it didn't work.

22 hours ago, Galishai said:

And also clean your save.  Years of playing Skyrim and I just recently got savvy to cleaning my saves when mods change and things are getting unstable.

Thanks, tried that but didn't change anything. ?

UPDATE: working now. of all things running fnis fixed it. There is no logic to skyrim modding. And thank you all for the suggestions, added them to my list of fixes to try when having issues again!

Hi all i’ve ran into a problem actually not sure if it’s a problem yet was looking for some advice. Selling/training/owning slaves works flawlessly. But for whatever reason the different cities/holds aren’t updating with slave recognition for example i’ve sold 8 slaves to various NPCs in white run but the score is still 0. I’ve turned on Max acceptance and after waiting 2 game days still 0. Although it is counting that there is slaves owned and owners 12 and 14 I believe. Possibly just need to sell more slaves? If so what is the average for you all to see a slavery acceptance increase in a hold? 

41 minutes ago, kdoughter said:

Hi all i’ve ran into a problem actually not sure if it’s a problem yet was looking for some advice. Selling/training/owning slaves works flawlessly. But for whatever reason the different cities/holds aren’t updating with slave recognition for example i’ve sold 8 slaves to various NPCs in white run but the score is still 0. I’ve turned on Max acceptance and after waiting 2 game days still 0. Although it is counting that there is slaves owned and owners 12 and 14 I believe. Possibly just need to sell more slaves? If so what is the average for you all to see a slavery acceptance increase in a hold? 

Personally I have had to sell around 10 per hold to see an increase. Also the more sold the faster the acceptance in that hold will rise.

15 minutes ago, noblahblahblahnopeblahblah said:

Personally I have had to sell around 10 per hold to see an increase. Also the more sold the faster the acceptance in that hold will rise.

what if the menu even says there’s 0 slaves in a city that definitely has slaves. 

10 hours ago, noblahblahblahnopeblahblah said:

UPDATE: working now. of all things running fnis fixed it. There is no logic to skyrim modding. And thank you all for the suggestions, added them to my list of fixes to try when having issues again!

It's a good suggestion for everyone: keep a log of fixes you have tried on various issues. I also keep a manifest of mods and settings on my game, and I store all installed mods in a separate folder. Makes reinstalling the game so much quicker.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, Musje said:

Right, I installed the latest Skyrim and did some testing. This is what I got so far:

1) I can reproduce the issue: slave informnation is not retained between saves

2) It looks like PapyrusUtil is bugged as I suspected. For instance, the Owner value for a slave is stored with a simple call to StorageUtil, and retrieved in the same way. This has always worked. But in the latest version, it only works in the same game session; after a save and reload, the value comes back as None.

I posted a bug report for PapyrusUtils on Nexus.

Edit: I should add that this problem will probably have ruined your save, in the sense that ownership data is irretrievably lost. If you guys have ideas for fixing this, let me know. One would be a spell to let the player take ownership of a slave so it can be resold (marked as a special sale for 0 gold). Another would be to reassign all slaves in a zone to random NPC owners.

check to see if the json file is being written properly. you could try testing the pahe renamer to see if jcontainer still works as its holding data in the skse plugins. next you could try testing the save export functions in dcur as an example of an skse plugin using the json file. i notice the json file in aygas is 2018 so that indicates that aygas isn't exporting to file, perhaps that method might be more ideal or atleast until papyrus is updated for the newer sse/skse

On 1/6/2020 at 8:34 PM, Musje said:

On 1/6/2020 at 11:03 PM, karlpaws said:

I'm with karlpawns here.

SLF has PapyrusUtil 3.2 included, newest on Nexus is 3.3

If I don't overwrite all older Papyrus versions I get stuck devious quest scenes. Most obvious I see that issue with Inte's mods.

Would be great if Ashal could tell us what PapyrusUtil version is included in SLF.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, karlpaws said:

this was posted in november:

On 1/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ashal said:

Beta 8:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.17)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.97 only

the nexus link here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=description

shows version 3.8, within days of the sl update

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

If I don't overwrite all older Papyrus versions I get stuck devious quest scenes.

i believe i saw somebody a few pages back said you need to use dd from the support thread, not yet updated to the main page.

find out what version of dd you're running so you can get the latest papyrus to run with your version of skse. unless you're still running the older sse and skse, then disregard

11 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

this was posted in november:

the nexus link here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=description

shows version 3.8, within days of the sl update

i believe i saw somebody a few pages back said you need to use dd from the support thread, not yet updated to the main page.

find out what version of dd you're running so you can get the latest papyrus to run with your version of skse. unless you're still running the older sse and skse, then disregard

what what whaaaat?

my post was about the papyrusUtil version that is included in SLF for LE

unless I misunderstood everything, and everyone is talking about SE ?

Hello. Anyone else experience this issue where you ask slave owners how things are going then they just say "Oh, I don't own that slave anymore"?

The mark on the slave just says "This slave has no owner" but they still follow the former owner around. 
Playing on SSE. I put hours of work into making awesome pit fight slaves so this is kinda upsetting. Please assist if possible. 

Saw a earlier comment along the lines of "Talk to a slave and check their mark, if it says No owner they will be removed to the slave pool eventually (and respawned for a new owner at some point)" Does that mean I can ignore them and they will eventually automatically get a new owner?

Thanks for any help and thanks for making this mod. It's tons of fun :P 

4 minutes ago, JayRoz said:

Hello. Anyone else experience this issue where you ask slave owners how things are going then they just say "Oh, I don't own that slave anymore"?

The mark on the slave just says "This slave has no owner" but they still follow the former owner around. 
Playing on SSE. I put hours of work into making awesome pit fight slaves so this is kinda upsetting. Please assist if possible. 

Saw a earlier comment along the lines of "Talk to a slave and check their mark, if it says No owner they will be removed to the slave pool eventually (and respawned for a new owner at some point)" Does that mean I can ignore them and they will eventually automatically get a new owner?

Thanks for any help and thanks for making this mod. It's tons of fun :P 

Hey bud, 

Yes, it was identified by a few people (including me) a couple of pages ago. basically it is an issue with papirusutils it seems. looks like we gotta wait for an update on Papirus so they fix they way it handles it's containers on load. Sorry to bring you the bad news, but untill that is sorted selling slaves ends in them losing their owners on load.

Regards

46 minutes ago, Eorus said:

Hey bud, 

Yes, it was identified by a few people (including me) a couple of pages ago. basically it is an issue with papirusutils it seems. looks like we gotta wait for an update on Papirus so they fix they way it handles it's containers on load. Sorry to bring you the bad news, but untill that is sorted selling slaves ends in them losing their owners on load.

Regards

Ahhh gotcha. Nah it's not bad news, now I know it's not just me. Thank you for the quick response. Will stick to Skyrim LE till we get an update then. :)