Hi guys! I don't know if somebody got the same idea, but can you do a race like this;

Sorry, IDK how to minimize a pics lol. CBBE Body if possible w/ racemenu option ^^

Thanks for reading this post and have a nice day!

Currently, I'm booked. But yes, it's doable. I can do the meshes, but not the skeleton and animation work. I'm going to be releasing my own highly modular bodies at some point though, so we will see how that kicks off in the Skyrim modding community first.

Hi guys! I don't know if somebody got the same idea, but can you do a race like this;

Sorry, IDK how to minimize a pics lol. CBBE Body if possible w/ racemenu option ^^

DR164H3Q8KMI1449770282738.jpg

i know there is a centaur mod on the nexus somewhere and i know its in alpha you should check it out! :D

When I make a lizard race, it will be a completely different style. Besides the feet and body shape, I have no complaints myself with Argonians. I doubt a morphed skeleton can even be used with the body shape I have planned. But maybe some assets can be used and Khajiit hands are also in the works as well.

That's exciting.  Now I'm curious, and very interested in your lizard race plans.  So you have qualms with Skyrim Argonians' body shape and feet, and the style you would like better might need a completely different skeleton.  Do you have any images like what you're thinking of that you wouldn't mind sharing?  I would enjoy knowing what you're planning.

When I make a lizard race, it will be a completely different style. Besides the feet and body shape, I have no complaints myself with Argonians. I doubt a morphed skeleton can even be used with the body shape I have planned. But maybe some assets can be used and Khajiit hands are also in the works as well.

That's exciting.  Now I'm curious, and very interested in your lizard race plans.  So you have qualms with Skyrim Argonians' body shape and feet, and the style you would like better might need a completely different skeleton.  Do you have any images like what you're thinking of that you wouldn't mind sharing?  I would enjoy knowing what you're planning.

No reference images. Pretty much a shape similar to a lizard race you may see in some existing anime, but more realistic. Like in Isekai Shokudou for example. Something basic but highly detailed with no spikes down the back for armor compatibility reasons. I've always liked drawing dragons and reptiles when I was young, so I'm sure it will turn out great and don't really need a reference.

Something new about short tail or lioness head?  :blush:

No. Due to some circumstances, I will be very busy with RL stuff for a while. So things will be kind of slow. The short tail mesh was already made with UVs. Look back in the thread. I don't do textures yet, and Blaze is the one that sets up the NIFs, etc.

Something new about short tail or lioness head?  :blush:

No. Due to some circumstances, I will be very busy with RL stuff for a while. So things will be kind of slow. The short tail mesh was already made with UVs. Look back in the thread. I don't do textures yet, and Blaze is the one that sets up the NIFs, etc.

Thanks for the information, I've already sent PM to Blaze.

I noticed one bug at your MOD Khajiit Overhaul v1.0 Beta-87124-1-0.  If the mouth is open, the teeth protrude through the skin. It's possible that the bug is somewhere in my game. I have many Mods installed. But I think it might be because the head and mouth are separate meshes.

post-62440-0-97961800-1509132292_thumb.jpg

I noticed one bug at your MOD Khajiit Overhaul v1.0 Beta-87124-1-0.  If the mouth is open, the teeth protrude through the skin. It's possible that the bug is somewhere in my game. I have many Mods installed. But I think it might be because the head and mouth are separate meshes.

Both mouth and head meshes were modified from their original shape, so the morphs are no longer applied as they are supposed to and don't always match; on top of that, Bethesda didn't make the morphs that good to begin with, so stuff like that is unfortunate but expected.

In theory we could test the morphs on both the new head and mouth together at the same time and fix bugs like that one, but it would take a lot of time, so it's not really feasible at the moment  :-/.

Both mouth and head meshes were modified from their original shape, so the morphs are no longer applied as they are supposed to and don't always match; on top of that, Bethesda didn't make the morphs that good to begin with, so stuff like that is unfortunate but expected.

In theory we could test the morphs on both the new head and mouth together at the same time and fix bugs like that one, but it would take a lot of time, so it's not really feasible at the moment  :-/.

I compared the newly created heads and found that one has an interesting adaptation. In the head model, there is also a part of the mouth that defines the area around the teeth. The part itself with the teeth is slightly smaller, so when opening the mouth does not protrude through the skin. Citrus head does not have this part.

post-62440-0-34703000-1509174776_thumb.png

post-62440-0-61078600-1509175335_thumb.png

post-62440-0-82069600-1509175460_thumb.jpg

I compared the newly created heads and found that one has an interesting adaptation. In the head model, there is also a part of the mouth that defines the area around the teeth. The part itself with the teeth is slightly smaller, so when opening the mouth does not protrude through the skin. Citrus head does not have this part.

Those pictures don't tell me anything. The only thing you can do to help would be to extract the specific OBJ within the tri file you have an issue with for both the head and mouth, upload it, then maybe I can fix it. I may one day replace the khajiit mouth mesh all together, since I am not happy with the vanilla one.

Currently, I'm booked. But yes, it's doable. I can do the meshes, but not the skeleton and animation work. I'm going to be releasing my own highly modular bodies at some point though, so we will see how that kicks off in the Skyrim modding community first.

DR164H3Q8KMI1449770282738.jpg

i know there is a centaur mod on the nexus somewhere and i know its in alpha you should check it out! :D

Hey guys! I was busy so sorry for the long delay of response! Thank you so much for reading my idea!

Yeah a centaur mod is availble but I don't like him. I prefer; if possible, a centaur mod with a CBBE/UNP body ^^

Sorry for my bad english folks!

Hey guys! I was busy so sorry for the long delay of response! Thank you so much for reading my idea!

Yeah a centaur mod is availble but I don't like him (it?). I prefer; if possible, a centaur mod with a CBBE/UNP body ^^

Sorry for my bad english folks!

Yeah, I get what you mean. Only saw the LoversLab thread and just checked out the Nexus mod page. It uses the vanilla horse body without mesh edits besides the seams between the horse and human body. The horse mesh and skeleton probably should have been scaled down a bit and slimmed out, and the body transition is kind of awkward. The vanilla horses are also too bulky when not used with a body builder human half. They probably should have tried to get permission to use the following mods for the horse body part to lessen the work load unless better horse bodies were at all planned.

Horses Revamped    Skyrim Horses Renewal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got the low poly khajiit hands finished! .....Mostly. It was long and painful. Probably unnecessary until my main model is finished, but good practice for my main hand retopo in the future.

Not perfect with only a few minor things I won't fix for the Skyrim version, but well done. The poly count is high around 5.7K quads per-hands, or 11.4K quads with both hands. That equals around 22.8K tris minus the claws. This mesh is mostly recommended for SSE, although not much of an issue unless around or used with a mod that adds a lot of khajiits. A lower poly version might be made, and can now easily be made now that the main mesh is finished. However, it would remove a fair amount of detail.

DETAILS

I colored areas to point them out. The pink is obviously the paw pads, the yellow points out detail, and the orange points out the joints for good deformation. The orange area in the third picture is for good deformation and detail of the webbing between the thumb and index finger (the thenar space), as well as to try and mimic the crease between the thumb and the webbing.

Spoiler

0f25ddbc98d1a108ad42b7fa22632b42.jpgbd63bcd05f63319e0e1e0a4be90a3b43.jpg

224537b330378b686842f948b9e5f527.png

Edited by NightroModzz
  • 3 weeks later...

Preview of a mouth mesh without teeth. Teeth not yet included in polygon count estimation.

Intentions: The original for UE4 (non recourse), a lower poly of the original with Citrus head compatibility that we will call version (A), and an even more lower poly version with areas cut off with the use of the default vanilla mouth box that we will call version (B).

My original - 4.2K qauds or 8.4K triangles

version (B) - Estimated around 2.5k quads or 5K triangles.

Target - 3/4 the polycount than the high poly mesh in the link below with extra mouth parts. Mesh in the link - 12.2K triangles)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2599-high-poly-teeth/

How? Manipulating polygons to achieve specific shapes and loops with Maya's Quad Draw to achieve good detail at a lower polygon count which the high poly mesh in the link does not do and has a bunch of straight loops. This allows me to have the extra room to add extra areas of the mouth and a tongue replacement.

Original

Spoiler

4de141805497f6a4e8367e8a1483272a.pngddecb801c1d47cab2a8508968a68a079.pngdd0d2e2ab8228b85502425cd18a3e4f6.png7200f682d85a7f3bc00638da45d33a2a.png

Version (B) example

Spoiler

4729d5ebdd8b7f2ca0ab321414d236c9.png

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:42 AM, Voldearag said:

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:28 AM, NightroModzz said:

No reference images. Pretty much a shape similar to a lizard race you may see in some existing anime, but more realistic. Like in Isekai Shokudou for example. Something basic but highly detailed with no spikes down the back for armor compatibility reasons. I've always liked drawing dragons and reptiles when I was young, so I'm sure it will turn out great and don't really need a reference.

Going for a similar body type like the UE4 - Horde Lizard Man, except with a more appealing head and textures.

8 hours ago, Ciaocome said:

Just a very very quick question, do you have any update on your (hopefully) upcoming Fox Race?

In my opinion, and from what I can see, yours is way far better than the one that already exists!

I'm keeping myself from doing races at the moment. I'm waiting for my main human bodies to be finished so I can start doing full body normal maps. So far it's only been heads. The first one on that list being the Shark Race for Blaze69, along with a digi feet mesh... and maybe new hands. You can also, expect a new tail and fin mesh.

1 hour ago, Voldearag said:

I like the look of those a lot, I could love a character like this.  Then you'll be keeping their back hunch and horizontally connected neck?  If so, thank you.

yes and no. For the model, no. Why? For compatibility reasons. Just think of them as standing upright to look at something.

For most animations, yes. I will keep the spine in a rotated position.