More Nasty Critters Legendary Edition

For anyone having issues of animals running away,when set to friendly, in One with nature,and this mod installed,put one with nature after nude creatures. I found out nude creatures was over writing one with nature. After I moved one with nature after nude creatures,the animals quit running away. 

When there are multiple creatures in a scene, the wrong species intervenes in the scene. For example, a chaurus joins falmer 4p gang bang scene. I tried resetting sexlab and SLAL animation. Reinstall defeat. Run FNIS again. Not working.. Do you have any idea to fix it?

Question/correction about something on the font page: you suggested 

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608

to increase stability. From what i've read in the wiki and confirmed in my experience, such high values increase chances for stack dumps. I believe i get slightly more CTDs since i went back to default value (76800), but imho stack dumps are a much worse problem than a CTD. Do you have other experience or knowledge?

5 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Question/correction about something on the font page: you suggested 

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608

to increase stability. From what i've read in the wiki and confirmed in my experience, such high values increase chances for stack dumps. I believe i get slightly more CTDs since i went back to default value (76800), but imho stack dumps are a much worse problem than a CTD. Do you have other experience or knowledge?

Crash fixes - Downloads - Skyrim Non Adult Mods - LoversLab   Read the original post here since it is from a person who dove deepest into the hornets nest of bugs called Skyrim.exe

7 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Crash fixes - Downloads - Skyrim Non Adult Mods - LoversLab   Read the original post here since it is from a person who dove deepest into the hornets nest of bugs called Skyrim.exe

As far as i can see he confirms my post (quite vague since this setting is only in "all other")? At least i don't consider it the opposite, his words are that it "will just cause instability or lagged scripts". "Slightly more" CTDs in my case means it happens something like 3 times instead of 2 times per week, but even if it would cause 20 i'd still prefer a straight crash than reloading a save 20 or 40 hours ago to get a save where stack dumps didn't happen. So i'd agree with him and don't recommend to change this setting.

6 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Do you have other experience or knowledge?

no not really, i got the settings from the step-project many years ago, and back then it did fix my crashing problems.

but it's most likely not up to date and i probably will be changing it.

33 minutes ago, khaled8787 said:

there is a problem with the SexLabNudeCreatures.esp......when it's enables horses textures are gone (turned to blue)....the original MNC SexLabNudeCreatures.esp works just fine...please tell me if i'm missing anything here!!

the new one does not like other horse mods, there are some patches in the Mod Compatibility Kit.

Edited by MadMansGun
1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

As far as i can see he confirms my post (quite vague since this setting is only in "all other")? At least i don't consider it the opposite, his words are that it "will just cause instability or lagged scripts". "Slightly more" CTDs in my case means it happens something like 3 times instead of 2 times per week, but even if it would cause 20 i'd still prefer a straight crash than reloading a save 20 or 40 hours ago to get a save where stack dumps didn't happen. So i'd agree with him and don't recommend to change this setting.

Stack dumps are the worst thing that can happen since they indicate that scripts that expected to run didn't run at all. The results are therefore completely unpredictable since the scripts that didn't run are often completely unrelated to the MOD which triggers the stack dumps.

Stack dumps are caused by too many scripts or script instances actively running at the same time, inactive scripts do not count. You can have thousands of inactive scripts and script instances but only the active instances matter.

The key is that the mods most likely to trigger stack dumps all have one feature in common, they use one or more cloaking spells. Cloaking spells represent an instant load on the scripting system every time they trigger, one complete copy of the script (an instance) is started at the same time for everything the cloak spell selects so a cloak spell that select too many items at once or multiple cloak spells triggering at the same moment are capable of initiating stack dumps.

The worst offenders are the mods which use a general cloaking spell to select all of something in it's range like NPCs (most common use) and then in the script instance decide whether or not to do anything with that NPC when the exact same check (condition) could have been added to the spell so the NPCs not desired would have never been selected in the first place.

An extremely effective alternative is to use Quest Aliases, you can use the same conditions as the cloak spells but instead of a script instance for each selected NPC (or other item) you get one script which can the iterate through the aliases on the quest doing the same thing that the multiple script instances did but in a much lower overhead way (creating and disposing of script instances MUST have some overhead so one instance versus many is a reduction in overall overhead).

The best example of overhead reduction in switching from cloaking spells to quest aliases is exemplified by Sexlab Aroused Redux versus the original Sexlab Aroused.  Both do the same thing but the Redux version is far superior due to it's reduced overhead though there are many people who ran the original and still hold the overhead it induced against the Redux version which is actually a pretty lightweight mod because the maintainer actively resists all temptations to bloat the mod with additions which increases it's overhead.

3 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Stack dumps are the worst thing that can happen since they indicate that scripts that expected to run didn't run at all. The results are therefore completely unpredictable since the scripts that didn't run are often completely unrelated to the MOD which triggers the stack dumps.

Yes, i agree.

Stack dumps are caused by too many scripts or script instances actively running at the same time, inactive scripts do not count. You can have thousands of inactive scripts and script instances but only the active instances matter.

I don't know exactly stack dumps happen or why. However, according to the wiki increasing the value for iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes can raise their probability, something i've tested a lot and could reproduce in 10/10 tries at a certain point. With just adding a "2" in front of the default value (which is still about 1/3 of the suggested value) i got stack dumps pretty much every time i'm arrested via XPO with cursed loot installed, no special quest or anything running and several other points, something like once every 10-20 hours playing. I was ready to give up using XPO at all and made a final try to figure out why they happened that often to me while nobody else seemed to have this problem.

With default values, it never happened again (200-300 hours playing) with even more script heavy setups. That's why i from my experience question every suggestion to change this specific value, regardless that it can reduce crashes. Appearently it reduces the amount of scripts that can run at the same time without causing problems a lot.

To give you an idea what i consider script heavy: with the higher value, i had pretty much only XPO + cursed loot & hard requirements installed and i still got stack dumps on a regular basis. With default value, i could add footprints with maxed values, RND, beeing female, MME, Defeat and several less script heavy mods like CD and play without getting problems. I've started like 20 new games with both high and default value with different setups and also loaded certain saves where i knew i'd get stack dumps with high value because i've tried several times, no stack dumps with default. All tests confirmed that changing this value made the difference in those games. 

I would agree if you say that none of these setups can be considered light regarding scripts, but i think only very few users of LL can say that about their game.

4 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

I run a MUCH heavier mix of mods and rarely get stack dumps but I also have a quad core I7 (2.4 ghz) and use ENBOOST to put all the textures outside of the Skyrim.exe code which means it doesn't get nearly as intense a memory management workout and also isn't limited by the limits of the 32bit maximum memory size.

Note: This is NOT as Stack Dump, it is a normal error.

[11/28/2017 - 01:26:02PM] ERROR: File "DynamicLoot.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[JaxonzSmartLooterUpdateQuest (96000D63)].JaxonzSmartLooterUpdateQuestScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "jaxonzsmartlooterupdatequestscript.psc" Line 85
	[alias refPlayer on quest JaxonzSmartLooterUpdateQuest (96000D63)].JaxonzSmartLooterPlayerAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "jaxonzsmartlooterplayeralias.psc" Line 20

This is what a stack dump looks like (only the start of one though).

[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM] VM is freezing...
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM] VM is frozen
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM] Dumping stack 1759135:
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Type: Initialization Event
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Return register: None
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Has stack callback: No
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Stack trace:
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]         [alias refContainerUnopened on quest JaxonzSmartLooterFinderQuest (9603062A)].JaxonzSmartLooterUnopened.OnInit() - (requested call)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM] Dumping stack 1760383:
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Type: Normal
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Return register: None
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Has stack callback: No
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]     Stack trace:
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]         [alias refPlayerAlias on quest JaxonzNameGen (40000D62)].jaxonznamegenplayeralias.OnCrosshairRefChange() - (requested call)
[11/28/2017 - 02:18:27PM]             [param 0]: None

I put both here because I have seen some people looking at the former and incorrectly seeing the word "stack" and thinking it was a "stack dump".

If you use ENBOOST then the likelihood you'll need to mess with the settings like iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes goes way down simply because there will be considerably less stress on the no-so-good memory management in the Skyrim.exe code.

Generally I've found with stack dump issues that the most important things are to watch for them (by religiously taking a look at your papyrus logs during/after play), and attempting to diagnose what is causing the issue.  Editing the papyrus values seems like at best a band-aid fix because the underlying problem is still the same, Oldrim cannot fully utilize modern computer power/memory and *will* clog if you throw too much at it at a time, no matter how powerful your computer is.

My load order is quite heavy and has been for a long time, on an old save with lots of big/complicated mods.  Even so, I don't think I've ever baked a stack dump into the current save, which probably has hundreds of hours of playtime in it.  So far, that means that despite how heavy the load order is script wise, I've not had any systemic issues or corruption/ctd problems. 

With good mods, often you can tweak settings to try to ease possible traffic jams - for instance I used to get occasional stack dumps when fast travelling to some of the larger cities like Solitude or Whiterun due to the silly amount of mods I had that all wanted to do something with NPCs on load (Eager NPC sex life/Apropos W&T calculations/FNIS Sexy move assignments/SGO3 pregnancy calcs/plenty of other mods).  I found just disabling Eager NPC's sex life mechanic, which I wasn't actually using for anything, eased the load enough that the cities were not a problem anymore.

Sometimes I did run into mods where avoiding a stack dump just wasn't realistic however.  I'm a pretty bad packrat, at least in terms of item quantity, so a guaranteed way to cause a stack dump for me is have the game try to move my regular inventory via script.  This means things like vanilla quests that remove inventory (Thalmor Embassy) need to be prepared for by stripping most of my inventory before-hand to avoid a stack dump.  It also means I couldn't justify running XPO - even if the mod's event ran flawlessly, I was almost guaranteed stack dumps when my inventory was stripped and returned to me unless I planned to get arrested in the first place, which kinda defeated the purpose of the mod.

On 9/11/2017 at 12:54 PM, MadMansGun said:

where did you find a dwarven sphere animation? did someone update a SLAL Pack?, because i missed that update if they did.

there is somewhere old mod called AnimTester ? more creature animation where is animation or dwarven sphere, and few others. It works perfectly with Defeat for example.

21 minutes ago, bury02128 said:

there is somewhere old mod called AnimTester ? more creature animation where is animation or dwarven sphere, and few others. It works perfectly with Defeat for example.

that was llabsky, but as far as i know there sphere animation files never got uploaded.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2261-more-creature-animations-26-nov-2015-wispdwarven-spider/

8 hours ago, Vurumal_#3 said:

I noticed this version of MNC mod doesn't contain any skeever animations. 

I think you're referring to the behavior error on FNIS right? I had to manually delete my MNC (not More Nasty Critters, specifically "MNC") from the meshes\actor\**\animations folders. For some reason they stayed even though I uninstalled v9_3. I just searched under meshes\actor because there are a lot of MNC folders in there among creatures. I did this with the new More Nasty Critters 10_4 uninstalled so that I could see what was remaining from the previous build. I had to delete behavior files too. Just make sure any mods that use MNC are uninstalled at the time so you don't accidentally delete one of those files (I almost deleted some AiO files). 

Here's a picture of my recycling bin lol

recycling bin.PNG

10 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

I run a MUCH heavier mix of mods and rarely get stack dumps but I also have a quad core I7 (2.4 ghz) and use ENBOOST to put all the textures outside of the Skyrim.exe code which means it doesn't get nearly as intense a memory management workout and also isn't limited by the limits of the 32bit maximum memory size.

If you use ENBOOST then the likelihood you'll need to mess with the settings like iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes goes way down simply because there will be considerably less stress on the no-so-good memory management in the Skyrim.exe code.

I know what stack dumps look like, believe me if i say i had plenty of both. ;) If it would have been stacks only i wouldn't have had the problems that scripts stop working and i'd never bothered to deal with that mess. Can't find the wiki i mention all the time right now, however this quote from reddit should make it a bit clearer (and why ENBoost, which i indeed use, shouldn't have anything to do with it).

iMinMemoryPageSize, iMaxMemoryPageSize and iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes refer to the amount of memory being used not by the Skyrim engine, but by the scripting layer. Moreover, they refer specifically to the amount of memory being used by the stack.

For more details it might be worth reading the whole post, however the assumption that changing those values would improve stability and/or performance was quite common some time ago but - according to different newer sources including the crash fixes author - wrong. I've read that myself and changed my settings accordingly, but that was at least part of my problem. As mentioned, since i've changed it back to default (and _only_ this setting) i didn't get stack dumps anymore at all. I've happily sacrificed some performance for stability with some of the other values like taskletBudget and loading screens and can't complain. I still have random CTDs but once or twice within 40 hours playing in average in a heavy modded game is something i'm fine with. I could imagine it is possible to get slightly better results with some fine tuning of those values, but even for testing i'd rather suggest increasing it about 10%, not >1000% like suggested in MadMans guide. Especially since i consider it very good and accurate for everything else. :)

It's been ages since i've dealt with settings for ENBoost, but outsourcing textures sounds intresting, do you remember the setting for that? Maybe i could even get rid of the last few CTDs . :)

On 11/28/2017 at 6:40 PM, MadMansGun said:

that was llabsky, but as far as i know there sphere animation files never got uploaded.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2261-more-creature-animations-26-nov-2015-wispdwarven-spider/

I think tester was separate posting from him. Don't  remember at this point. File I have works pretty good, always did ( i am using it since SL 1.59 and MNC 9.3. It works well with SLAL MNC and newest SL framework) Here is file I have, hopefully not breaking any rules ( it has besides sphere mudcrab, icewright , dragon preist etc...)

AnimTester 2015101500.7z

I started working on chaurus flyer rig. MNC provided a new skeleton for it. I assume it is to battle the constant resizing. But i when i try to put meshes on the new skeleton it gets messed up. I think its from the diffrence in size between mesh and shrinked skeleton. Is there a diffrent shrinked mesh that MNC is using?

test.jpg

13 minutes ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

I started working on chaurus flyer rig. MNC provided a new skeleton for it. I assume it is to battle the constant resizing. But i when i try to put meshes on the new skeleton it gets messed up. I think its from the diffrence in size between mesh and shrinked skeleton. Is there a diffrent shrinked mesh that MNC is using?

DON'T IMPORT THE RESCALED SKELETONS INTO MAX, import the original skeleton and then rescale the root node to 69%, make a animation and then bake it, then reset the root node back to 100% before exporting the animation.

note: turn off autokey before rescaling.

Could you PLEASE fix the purple riekling's penis texture path? It's been bugging me ever since the original MNC, but no one seems to have noticed.

To clarify: rieklingchief_nude.nif, rieklingpurplev01_nude.nif, rieklingpurplev02_nude.nif and rieklingpurplev03_nude.nif should be using textures\MoreNastyCritters\riekling\riekling_penis_blue2_color.dds as their penis texture, but instead they're using textures\MoreNastyCritters\riekling\riekling_penis_blue_color.dds, which is the blue riekling's penis texture.