More Nasty Critters Legendary Edition

I'm not 100% sure that this is the right place to ask, but I didn't have an issue until I upgraded so I'll start here.

For the most part, everything works great. Since upgrading however, a couple of my creatures are no longer affected by the matchmaker spell. Horkers and Netch are the two I have found so far. I get the message that the spell fizzled and failed to affect them.

Matchmaker worked on them before upgrading, and works one everything else I have tried human or creature. Nothing in my set-up changed except for upgrading to the SLAL version of MNC, new FNIS run, updated some animation packs, and a new game.

Any ideas?

Edit: Just realized I'm actually a few versions behind the newest. I'll update again and see if that fixes it for me.

Edited by sfeile
57 minutes ago, sfeile said:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

On 1.11.2017 at 5:05 PM, Reesewow said:

Yes, the Immersive Creatures MCM menu has options to remove young creature spawns.

Regular Sexlab Matchmaker sounds like what you want to use, as it requires no additional mechanics to work on creatures (follower or not).

I know about Matchmaker, but it's not always working for me, I have a rather high scriptload in my save and matchmaker doesn't like that...

EDIT: Also, does anyone know about a frost atronach sex animation? I've been searching far and wide but the closest I got is that weird riding mod.

Edited by echotest123
48 minutes ago, echotest123 said:

EDIT: Also, does anyone know about a frost atronach sex animation? I've been searching far and wide but the closest I got is that weird riding mod.

the only animation made by anyone so far is for Frost on Flame Atronach....and it was a real bitch to make.

https://www.loverslab.com/uploads/post-71862-0-46925600-1507923793.jpg

Edited by MadMansGun
2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the only animation made by anyone so far is for Frost on Flame Atronach....and it was a real bitch to make.

https://www.loverslab.com/uploads/post-71862-0-46925600-1507923793.jpg

If I had the patience to learn animating, I'd have given it a shot by now... Anyway: the "Riding Styles"-mod has two ways of using frost atronachs as mounts and I imagine one could use those as part of an animation? Maybe have him gradually encase the female in ice and penetrate her after. That way you could skip over making him move his complete body, somewhat similar to the dwemer centurion piston animation? ... Hu, I like that idea.

39 minutes ago, echotest123 said:

somewhat similar to the dwemer centurion piston animation?

don't even talk about that thing, it's aroused mesh was custom made just for that one animation, it's almost impossible for the rest of us to make anything for them because of that.

45 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

don't even talk about that thing, it's aroused mesh was custom made just for that one animation, it's almost impossible for the rest of us to make anything for them because of that.

I think I understand enough about animating that I can relate to that, its just, well, something similar would fit the frost atronach pretty good, considering that its bones are pretty much the same?

If I run through Bleak Falls Barrow with what is a new game, for some reason, just as the point before you free Arvel from the web, the Giant Wounded Spider descends from the ceiling in a great haste and instantly dies.  Whether dead before or after hitting the ground, I know not.

Before starting this game, all draugrs there were invisibble, but now they all look and function fine.  Before, like my spider, jumping to any conclusions as to the cause, has anyone else using the latest MNC incarnations seen any similar behaviour with spiders dying on abseiling from above?

TIA for any responses :grin:

Hi, I might just be overlooking something silly, but when using the most recent version of MNC to start animations with the boar nothing happens.

The console gives me this message when I look:

NOTICE: validateActor(HentaiBoar) -- FALSE -- They are a creature type that is currently not supported (DLC2MounterRiekingRace)

Edited by Frosty01
7 hours ago, echotest123 said:

I think I understand enough about animating that I can relate to that, its just, well, something similar would fit the frost atronach pretty good, considering that its bones are pretty much the same?

umm no, they are not the same, the only thing they have in common is that they are bipedal.

6 hours ago, donkeywho said:

If I run through Bleak Falls Barrow with what is a new game, for some reason, just as the point before you free Arvel from the web, the Giant Wounded Spider descends from the ceiling in a great haste and instantly dies.  Whether dead before or after hitting the ground, I know not.

Before starting this game, all draugrs there were invisibble, but now they all look and function fine.  Before, like my spider, jumping to any conclusions as to the cause, has anyone else using the latest MNC incarnations seen any similar behaviour with spiders dying on abseiling from above?

TIA for any responses :grin:

someone else has reported having the same problem, i'm not sure whats going on there.

4 hours ago, Frosty01 said:

Hi, I might just be overlooking something silly, but when using the most recent version of MNC to start animations with the boar nothing happens.

The console gives me this message when I look:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

shit I thought I tried that but i must have missed a step or something dumb. thanks and sorry about that aha

Hi MadmansGun,

I've finally updated from 10.2 to 10.4D and have noted that mobs aren't resizing the way they used to. Noticed this most obviously with the goblins from Immersive Creatures (with Bad Dog's esp). They used to size up perfectly in 10.2 without having to use the Even Actor Heights option. No longer the case in 10.4.

My question: Is MNC meant to be played with Even Actor Heights? If so, I'll either have to suck it up and start using that, or revert to 10.2 and deal with all the problems that come with persisting with an outdated module (boars, spiders etc).

I don't suppose there are any quick esp changes I could make myself to reenable fixed resizing for certain mobs when they switch to their MNC meshes? From the looks of it though, I'd have to dig into scripts and skeletons, which would probably not end well for me.

I realise you're dealing with all sorts of sizing and animation issues across a huge range of mobs, so thanks for your ongoing work.

1 hour ago, myersm1993 said:

cant download megashare link keeps redirecting my to a page asking about my cloud account?

what megashare link? i don't even use that site.

38 minutes ago, chipstick said:

I've finally updated from 10.2 to 10.4D and have noted that mobs aren't resizing the way they used to. Noticed this most obviously with the goblins from Immersive Creatures (with Bad Dog's esp). They used to size up perfectly in 10.2 without having to use the Even Actor Heights option. No longer the case in 10.4.

My question: Is MNC meant to be played with Even Actor Heights? If so, I'll either have to suck it up and start using that, or revert to 10.2 and deal with all the problems that come with persisting with an outdated module (boars, spiders etc).

try deleting Data\SKSE\Plugins\SetVehicleFixPlugin.dll

it does not matter if it's on or off, because the setting is bugged and stays on anyways.

try deleting Data\SKSE\Plugins\SetVehicleFixPlugin.dll

it does not matter if it's on or off, because the setting is bugged and stays on anyways.

Well, that seems to have worked!

May I ask what fixes I am foregoing, or problems I may face without this plugin? (I'm sure you wouldn't have suggested removing it if it caused anything critical, but would like to know)

Also would I be wrong to presume that I could add and remove the setvehiclefixplugin.dll in an existing game without issue?

Again, thanks!

31 minutes ago, chipstick said:

Well, that seems to have worked!

May I ask what fixes I am foregoing, or problems I may face without this plugin? (I'm sure you wouldn't have suggested removing it if it caused anything critical, but would like to know)

Also would I be wrong to presume that I could add and remove the setvehiclefixplugin.dll in an existing game without issue?

Again, thanks!

the SetVehicleFixPlugin.dll makes Even Actor Heights actually stay turned off, i added it to help make my rescale enchantment work for the Wolf Legacy Meshes.

i myself have not had any problems removing it mid game.

On 5/28/2017 at 3:23 AM, MadMansGun said:

"manually installing mods tends to force people into paying attention to what they are doing, mod managers on the other hand automate the process a bit so users wont need to pay attention as much, and that's where the trap is: it works fine most of the time, but then something goes wrong and the user will have no clue where the problem is because they did not pay attention at all this time, because the mod manager auto installed the last 50 mods just fine on it's own."

I am an excellent example of what is being presented here. I am smart enough to do it manually but have little experience doing so. I got Skyrim and messed it up repeatedly attempting to learn correct practices but gave up to play the game through. After several plays with at most 5 mods I discovered Mod Organizer. I now run many more plugins then the 255 mod limit (still only 253 "Active" plugins...) by using TesVEdit, WryBash and Mod Organizer to magically make them all play together nicely but I have stopped learning fundamentals shortly after down loading Mod Organizer and figuring it out. I still get confused trying to repair issues to my satisfaction simply because I was "enabled" by a Mod manager. I have had to begin learning anew. Although I have no intention of stopping my use of these tools, I just wanted to support the message. They can cause confusion.

OKay.. so I uninstalled the previous MNC 9.0, ran FNIS, de-installed creatures, removed the mods, then reinstalled FNIS creatures, ran FNIS, installed SL - creature framework, ran FNIS.  Then installed MNC 10.4D, placed the new in order of listed following.  Ran FNIS, FNIS isn't reading MNC 10.4, reads MNC V1.0.  also reading Anubs, Billy as V1.0 formats, despite being the latest file update versions.  

Also encountering in game, prior when in the console calling up help "creature" for ID's to player.placeatme references.  I'm getting different creatures than what should be, for example, player.placeatme "wolfID" 3, summons 1 wolf and 2 spiders, or if using reference for skeever results in 2 dead squeak effects an 1 wolf spawning.  

So confused, an these events were persisting with new games, not old saves.

EDIT went through what I think were the proper steps again (as above) same issue, ID's not keying properly, if I do spawn a mob that correlates with the proper ID they only continue attacking once characters are defeated.

Edited by XZero
7 minutes ago, XZero said:

Ran FNIS, FNIS isn't reading MNC 10.4, reads MNC V1.0.  also reading Anubs, Billy as V1.0 formats, despite being the latest file update versions.  

Also encountering in game, prior when in the console calling up help "creature" for ID's to player.placeatme references.  I'm getting different creatures than what should be, for example, player.placeatme "wolfID" 3, summons 1 wolf and 2 spiders, or if using reference for skeever results in 2 dead squeak effects an 1 wolf spawning.  

So confused, an these events were persisting with new games, not old saves.

For FNIS - the version numbers that show up there are not really important (probably need to be manually entered by modders, I think less that 1/5 of the mods I have show version numbers in FNIS).  The important thing in FNIS is to not see any errors.

For placeatme - make sure you are using the correct IDs.  The first 2 digits of the ID are for the position in your load order.  For instance 00023ABF should be a vanilla ice wolf.  Never use IDs that start with FF even if they show up in the console help search - these are not base ID and will probably give you random NPCs.

4 hours ago, Reesewow said:

For FNIS - the version numbers that show up there are not really important (probably need to be manually entered by modders, I think less that 1/5 of the mods I have show version numbers in FNIS).  The important thing in FNIS is to not see any errors.

For placeatme - make sure you are using the correct IDs.  The first 2 digits of the ID are for the position in your load order.  For instance 00023ABF should be a vanilla ice wolf.  Never use IDs that start with FF even if they show up in the console help search - these are not base ID and will probably give you random NPCs.

Yes using the correct IDs has always been something I was aware of.  The FFxxxxxx numericals I was not, though in the past prior to updating my MNC from 9 to 10 I never had issues with the use of FF base IDs, I will say tho with the change over I was getting random spawnings an the invisible death audio of whatever creature was intended to spawn in other cases.

6 minutes ago, XZero said:

Yes using the correct IDs has always been something I was aware of.  The FFxxxxxx numericals I was not, though in the past prior to updating my MNC from 9 to 10 I never had issues with the use of FF base IDs, I will say tho with the change over I was getting random spawnings an the invisible death audio of whatever creature was intended to spawn in other cases.

ID's started with FF are references to player-generated objects, not the base ID's you need to get a clean version of a creature.  You don't want to use those references for spawning creatures because as you've experienced, you are likely to spawn in completely different creatures or dead creatures (death audio).