I've got purple-ish hands on several of the characters added by Thief. Only seems to effect some of the npcs added (for example it effects both bards, the cheesemonger, and the spice merchant, but not Ikol or the Porter).  No vanilla NPCs effected.   I've looked through TESEdit and see that Thief uses some custom body and some different custom texture sets, so I tried copying my regular hand textures in and changing names to match Thiefs custom texture names, but no luck.  continues to effect same npcs.  Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

Edit: problem may be related to interaction with SAM.  Switching back to SOS seems to have resolved problem.

Edited by Phosphoribosyl
On 10/19/2021 at 9:04 PM, brewmasterhal said:

I'm seeing ~3400 anims from a maximum Thief installation.

Thief does not play well with a lot of other things.  It is likely that even if you weren't having the problems you are describing, the game/mod would be very unstable with all of that other stuff installed.

I don't know if you're using NMM or some other mod manager, but I know that NMM has a feature that allows you to create a "mod installation backup" - meaning that you can save your existing installation and restore it later.  I would recommend that you create such a backup.  Once you've confirmed to your satisfaction that the backup exists and can be restored, un-install MNC, sexlab, and any sexlab-dependent mods (leave ZAZ - Thief needs some of the textures from it).

With all of the sexlab stuff uninstalled, make another backup so that you can easily return to a minimal state in the event of a problem.  Finally, install Thief and set it up.  FNIS should have no problem with setting up the ~5000 anims that still exist.  If you have any issues with Thief during play, check the FAQ post to see if there's a known fix for it, and if not then don't hesitate to ask about the problem.

@Highborn I believe you use MO - does it have a similar backup feature?

@disdain18

Have you guys tried the options in the Debug page in the MCM menu to return control to the player?

I got the scene running by using the MCM to return control and find the diary ID and drop it to the player's feet and picking it up. 

4 hours ago, Phosphoribosyl said:

Are there any karma requirements for getting the drinking scene with Marsus?  I've given him plenty of booze and he triggers the line about him not being able to drink it all himself, but sitting in the chair does not seem to trigger any option to have a drink with him. 

There shouldn't be a requirement based on karma.

The only requirement is that if you bring enough booze, sitting on the chair will trigger the scene.

I am not sure what is causing your issue, but is there any way the distance for conversations with NPCs has been changed? That could prevent Marsus from triggering his line to start the scene.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, met-a-tonn 3X said:

I haven't seen anything on this bug but in the scene where I need to get information from Lod after the first bit is done where I suck him off my character will do an animation where she pulls away and Lod says "that's the last of it" which is normal but the issue is my character gets stuck doing that animation and it loops, so the dialogue stops and it doesn't continue to the next stage of the event, nothing progresses, I've tried a bunch of things like loading FNIS a few times and even restarting the quest with a new character, is there some sort of fix for this or should I just skip this event or something?

Has no one found an fix for this yet? Probably the most perplexing bug and I can't seem to find a fix at all

21 minutes ago, JayGramly3 said:

Has no one found an fix for this yet? Probably the most perplexing bug and I can't seem to find a fix at all

The problem with bugs like this is that they can't reasonably be reproduced by other people with other configurations.  Here are some things to try:

• Use Steam's file verification to make sure none of your game files are corrupt
  • Just start un-installing other mods and see if you can figure out which one is causing the scene to break

2 hours ago, theliddtin said:

I am not sure what is causing your issue, but is there any way the distance for conversations with NPCs has been changed? That could prevent Marsus from triggering his line to start the scene.

@Phosphoribosyl

I would ask the same question.

@theliddtin

@brewmasterhal

thanks you guys, was actually just me mis-reading the walkthrough, and not using my brain.  Based on my reading of the walkthrough, I thought that you had to give Marsus the booze, wait 12 in game hours, and then sit in the chair next to him, after he'd already formulated the plan.  This, of course, makes no narrative sense, and if I'd actually thought about it I would have tried it properly (which worked just fine). 

Good call about the NPC commenting mods though (I have one active on a separate MO Profile), I'll make sure not to activate it on my Thief profile.

thanks again.

7 hours ago, waiyan said:

Can we have the collectible cards for every sex scenes in the next update? Some of the current cards are hot knowing how pc ended up in those situations.

Great question, it would be better to bring it up with Dogma directly, since I don't believe he reads through each comment in this forum.

My assumption is that eventually each unique sex animation gets a card, because tied to each card is an opportunity to go through the same animation (and sometimes other ones) with Liorel. Context makes it great, but some animations are reused, so I would hazard a guess that those won't get a card.

I wanted to tack on one unrelated point to this comment: I know the newest version (from like February) has the skip feature where the PC can choose to give Vilgen a drink and then jump into his arms. This can be done at any Karma level (or at least, at the lowest possible level I could from the skip feature). However, in game, the lowest Karma level allowed to actually pull this off is at 5 Karma. 

In fact, if you give Vilgen the ale below 5 Karma, and then use tab to exit the conversation where he talks about Runa, you lose the ability to give Vilgen an ale to talk about Runa, but also can't have sex with him to talk about Runa, soft-locking you out of the quest.

It would be good if, in that specific circumstance, one could have sex with Vilgen at any Karma level.

48 minutes ago, waiyan said:

Can we have the collectible cards for every sex scenes in the next update? Some of the current cards are hot knowing how pc ended up in those situations.

@DogmaMods

Every scene might be a bit much.  There have got to be close to a hundred in the mod at this point.  There are also a ton that use the same or very similar positions, which defeats the Kama-Sutra-like nature of the book.

Here's a list of scenes off the top of my head with no existing page, that might be interesting/are unique positions, and in no particular order:

1. The fisting scene with Fanar at the entrance
  2. The fingering/dildo scene with Kruvar
  3. The seated cowgirl scene with Vilgen or the seated reverse cowgirl scene with Jorgen
  4. The milking/assfucking scene in the prison
  5. The analingus scene with Hans
  6. Runa's punishment in the stocks, possibly the similar horse scene
  7. Either of the gangbang scenes (Solitude prison or Squeaky Mast)
  8. Viggi's weird reverse missionary scene

I'm stuck.... the Thief is in prison and Eilsif gave me the key to the room but nothing else is happening. When I try to talk to her, she just says that court is not in session. I did all the interactable things in the room, I went back to see the thief. I can't seem to do anything else. Anyone know what I've done wrong or how to fix it?

1 hour ago, Shakkaku said:

I'm stuck.... the Thief is in prison and Eilsif gave me the key to the room but nothing else is happening. When I try to talk to her, she just says that court is not in session. I did all the interactable things in the room, I went back to see the thief. I can't seem to do anything else. Anyone know what I've done wrong or how to fix it?

Continuing the quest has nothing to do with the suite in the palace.

You need to talk to Elisif while she's sitting on the throne and convince her to spare the thief's life.

Is it necessary for the mod to read its animations with its name as they come in the folders? I already have the same animations in my mod list, only they come with a different name than the one that appears in the mod. I ask this because if it is not necessary i suppose that I can remove those animations. So that they are not duplicated and leave the ones I have in my mod list.

I like this mod but as I say, i already have some animations and if I leave them the game will recount those duplicate animations which makes me ctd for the limit of animations.

Edited by Dweny

I'm actually wondering - if the old man veteris is one of the most likely candidates to be a father, then whether this update will also consist of some additional non-pregnany related side quest of him getting his revenge if the player didn't comeback after the end of chapter 4. Or a more likely scenario if this update is 100% pregnancy questline focused then whether that part will be maybe done in patreon version few months later as a side quest

17 minutes ago, Pieselos said:

I'm actually wondering - if the old man veteris is one of the most likely candidates to be a father, then whether this update will also consist of some additional non-pregnany related side quest of him getting his revenge if the player didn't comeback after the end of chapter 4. Or a more likely scenario if this update is 100% pregnancy questline focused then whether that part will be maybe done in patreon version few months later as a side quest

I definitely hope a good old extended revenge scene for him is in the cards in the future, ideally without the need of a pregnancy tie-in. But that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Valgo said:

I definitely hope a good old extended revenge scene for him is in the cards in the future, ideally without the need of a pregnancy tie-in. But that's just me.

Definitely not only you! I also hold the opinion that out of the not included but planned scenes this one holds the most potential. And since it's not pregnancy related but old man is likely to appear in pregnancy update then I figured that additional non pregnancy related side quest in that update, or the later patreon version to finish his role in the quest would make the most sense. Whether that will happen, we will see.

3 hours ago, Dweny said:

Is it necessary for the mod to read its animations with its name as they come in the folders? I already have the same animations in my mod list, only they come with a different name than the one that appears in the mod. I ask this because if it is not necessary i suppose that I can remove those animations. So that they are not duplicated and leave the ones I have in my mod list.

I like this mod but as I say, i already have some animations and if I leave them the game will recount those duplicate animations which makes me ctd for the limit of animations.

I believe if you simply change the name of the animations it will stop working, but I'm not sure about this technical part of the mod. You'd probably have to tweak the framework to recognize the new name of the animations for it to work.

1 hour ago, Pieselos said:

It's more likely that any revenge sidequest will come at the final enhanced version of the mod, which will probably take a lot of time to be completed. After this pregnancy quest update, Dogma plans to make a sidequest with the hot springs boy, and after that he will work in this  'final' version of the mod consisting of missing content that he couldn't add before, plus some new options to resolve some branches - from the looks of it, it might be the biggest update the mod will get. Considering how long it takes for the updates to arrive, I believe this final version will be something for at least 2023.

23 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Continuing the quest has nothing to do with the suite in the palace.

You need to talk to Elisif while she's sitting on the throne and convince her to spare the thief's life.

She just says court is currently not in session whiles she's sat on her throne.