4 minutes ago, kkk23 said:

How does one get the scenes with hamvir? will this be included in the walkthrough?

Highborn explained how in the last page 419? It's hidden to avoid spoilers.

Hi guys ! I'm facing this bug that I can't fix.
Once I answered the question correctly and Alga, the chief of Silentwood let me in, the scene plays out where the Keepers decided that I'll be put on trial. After Alga's line "I did what I could, your fate is your hands now" or something like that, the scene freezes. I'm free of my movement, but the next lines of dialogue never shows up, and because the scene is not over (there should be more dialogues), I'm stuck. Any idea how to fix that ?

On 4/28/2024 at 8:53 PM, DogmaMods said:

Hey, folks!

I've just uploaded a new version 1.7. Compared to the previous one, it includes the addition of Silentwood. It will start if you lose three times to the guy at the Hot Springs. The add-on is already completed, but without some secondary events, mostly where the heroine doesn't play the main role. I plan to add the missing content to the extended version, where I also intend to add a new branch of Dwemer ruins.

Starting tomorrow, I'll begin working on this. When the extended version is completed, I plan to make a comprehensive improved version, where I want to enhance various parts of the mod; some parts will be limited to dialogues, some will have revamped animations, I'll add new branches to some events, and even entire events, revamp Snake's Throat, supplement the pregnancy quest with new characters, and so on. There are many changes planned, so I'll likely release them in parts.

Enjoy playing!

Great job mate! The new hot spring content went smoothly without ctd (well... almost) until after some jugging i got to the so called "Village" and then the boy said "wait here..." She waits sitting on the rock and upon waiting the game crashes the shit out of itself... "MISSION JAMMED! " I'm on LE by the way

On 12/31/2017 at 10:40 PM, Highborn said:

That’s weird. Uninstalling thief, you can still go to the hot springs without crashing? It feels like that area is causing the game to crash, not the mod since I never crashed there with more than 200 mods installed.

Yeah i get ctd when she sits and wait right after the boy goes to get his friends at the village (or giant camp not sure)... couldn't pass that bitch yet :) is there any console commands or fixes mods that can bypass these crashes ??

2 hours ago, johnmftj said:

Yeah i get ctd when she sits and wait right after the boy goes to get his friends at the village (or giant camp not sure)... couldn't pass that bitch yet :) is there any console commands or fixes mods that can bypass these crashes ??

If you don't have any mod that makes changes to that area, like one that adds a bridge on the river besides the road, or that makes changes to the lake with the shrine of Talos, then might be something related to the NPCs, like some corrupted mesh. I'd test it in a mostly vanilla profile if you are using MO2.

On 4/30/2024 at 8:37 PM, Highborn said:

If by exhibitionist, you mean having sex in public while people watches it, there is the Lod first scene outside his house (it was updated by Dogma some time ago, first versions didn't have the NPCs stopping to watch) and a scene in Silent Wood with Tolgan in the crypt. These two involve a crowd watching. But there are other several scenes in which one or two people can watch the player having sex throughout the questline. In Silent Wood you'll often being spotted, like one scene at the bath house, the scene with Nalion, the scene in the Hunter's house, final scene with Hamvir, etc. 

Regarding the bestiality, it's not really much. If you consider werewolf, there is the scene in the Skunkway. There is also the scene with the riekling there too. There are giants and dogs in Silent Wood, but unless there is some secret scene no one found out, I don't think there are scenes with them.

Hide contents

You need to break the tackle 3 times while fishing (each time you'll notice Hamvir scolding the player). After the third time the player will start arguing with him and then Orm will intervene saying that if the two want to blow off some steam, to go behind the bath house. After that, you'll need to go fish again, cast it at the lake and put the fishing rod at hold (if you break the 3 tackle at the same day you won't be able to do it, you'll have to ask Ondy for more tackle at her house, but only the next day). Then go to the back of the bath house and Hamvir should go there and start a scene which is repeatable every day.

After the first scene, if you don't go to the back of the bath house during the day and go to participate in the evening circle while there is no change of champion on that day, stand next to Hamvir and he will propose sex (remember, if you already had sex behind the bath house that day, he won't propose).

After the second scene in the evening circle, the third scene should happen when you go to sleep at the crypt, but it has the lowest priority, meaning that if you have some debt scene with Tolgan or if you decided to meet with the lumberjacks at night for example, it won't trigger. Depending on your choice during this third scene (basically don't do anything and let people find out about your affair), you can meet him for a fourth scene by going to his bed at night when he is sleeping/going to sleep.

I've broken the tackle 3 time and didn't go to the back of the bath house, but I can't start the second scene.

1 hour ago, yjsp810 said:

I've broken the tackle 3 time and didn't go to the back of the bath house, but I can't start the second scene.

For the second scene to start you need the first scene to happen behind the bath house, but not in the same day. Then during the evening gathering when you decide to participate, be next to Hamvir and he should approach the player.

18 hours ago, Highborn said:

That's why you should use a mod organizer like MO2 or Vortex, just disable/uninstall it and then run FNIS again

I used NMM but there are still a but ton of files that are still in my folders, FINIS is giving me 18000 animations warning so i duno what happened.

7 minutes ago, asdt123123 said:

Can you start Silenthill without starting the main quest?

You can use the skip function at the MCM menu to start directly at Silent Wood, skipping the earlier parts of the mods. But Silent Wood is still part of the Thief's quest so it will still show in your journal and after you finish Silent Wood, you'd still need to finish the main quest (unless you console command to finish it but you probably won't get your gear back).

9 minutes ago, Sweettits said:

I used NMM but there are still a but ton of files that are still in my folders, FINIS is giving me 18000 animations warning so i duno what happened.

Then open the archive you downloaded of Thief and see the folder structure, go to Skyrim directory and delete the corresponding files

50 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Then open the archive you downloaded of Thief and see the folder structure, go to Skyrim directory and delete the corresponding files

I di already, however, most files are integrated in existing file structure of other mods. SOOOO,. if I made a backup of my mods, then deleted everything, that should work right? or will the files return due to the back up?

27 minutes ago, Sweettits said:

I di already, however, most files are integrated in existing file structure of other mods. SOOOO,. if I made a backup of my mods, then deleted everything, that should work right? or will the files return due to the back up?

I don't know, I stopped using NMM a long time ago so I'm not sure how they handle files. But I find it strange you saying the mod is "integrated in existing file structure of other mods". Thief uses custom folders like bd, dft, BDAnimations, dftHuman, dftCreature, deleting those should resolve your problem with the animation numbers at least.

Catching fish was great and I got 69 points to become a champion on the first day, but the water bucket one was a nightmare and how to fix leaking problems? The old granny near the pond is saying a secret trick to do that, and she ends her conversion with mushroom soup. What does that mean?

12 hours ago, Highborn said:

If you don't have any mod that makes changes to that area, like one that adds a bridge on the river besides the road, or that makes changes to the lake with the shrine of Talos, then might be something related to the NPCs, like some corrupted mesh. I'd test it in a mostly vanilla profile if you are using MO2.

Not that i think of... i got rid of them all... I mostly have sexlab mods installed it might be meshes or texture error i think because the last time i got ctd i saw a glitching kind of light in the sky it was like someone punch you in face kind of light. and popyrus logs is a no go only giving me gibberish... I do use Mod Organizer but how did you say i should look for the error?? I do get black female skin sometimes when i launch the game but i use a trick to fix it... after a cell change or a few minutes in game i minimize the screen and maximize it again and problem solved also my pc is probably older than god with a pain in the ass graphic card 😭

7 minutes ago, johnmftj said:

Not that i think of... i got rid of them all... I mostly have sexlab mods installed it might be meshes or texture error i think because the last time i got ctd i saw a glitching kind of light in the sky it was like someone punch you in face kind of light. and popyrus logs is a no go only giving me gibberish... I do use Mod Organizer but how did you say i should look for the error?? I do get black female skin sometimes when i launch the game but i use a trick to fix it... after a cell change or a few minutes in game i minimize the screen and maximize it again and problem solved also my pc is probably older than god with a pain in the ass graphic card 😭

Sorry too much information 😄... how did you say i should diagnose the problem using MO?? 

Is there away I can force equip clothes in silent wood, I'm using ube and can't seem to change the files in the alt clothes folder I just end up naked what ever I do.

What I have tried is use champ of az dress,nif 0 and 1, renamed it to newbie.nif 0 and 1. Dont know if I'm doing that part right

2 hours ago, johnmftj said:

Sorry too much information 😄... how did you say i should diagnose the problem using MO?? 

I'd recommend NetScriptFramework crash log to identify the issue. But it's only available on SE.

8 hours ago, runingjack said:

Catching fish was great and I got 69 points to become a champion on the first day, but the water bucket one was a nightmare and how to fix leaking problems? The old granny near the pond is saying a secret trick to do that, and she ends her conversion with mushroom soup. What does that mean?

To fix the leaking problems, talk with Frita about it, then the Knowledge's keeper. To get the trick from the old lady, talk with the cook to prepare her favorite mushroom soup, she will ask for help collecting the ingredient. You'll be able to find them at the hunting grounds and you can talk with Forstag to help you with it.

Posted (edited)

I'm currently building a modlist on 1.5.97 specifically to play this mod, and as I'm thinking about the play through I'm wondering how this quest relates to the character being dragonborn. Like, does the story care? Does it ever come up? Using an alternate start mod, I'm thinking about when to start the MQ.

Edited by Oneleagueand15years
47 minutes ago, Oneleagueand15years said:

I'm currently building a modlist on 1.5.97 specifically to play this mod, and as I'm thinking about the play through I'm wondering how this quest relates to the character being dragonborn. Like, does the story care? Does it ever come up? Using an alternate start mod, I'm thinking about when to start the MQ.

It doesn't reference the player as dragonborn. 

Is the Silentwood "extended Patreon version" section in Highborn's signature walkthrough equivalent to the latest public release? Or did Dogma post a newer guide on Patreon?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, illymith said:

What I have tried is use champ of az dress,nif 0 and 1, renamed it to newbie.nif 0 and 1. Dont know if I'm doing that part right

nifs are not enough, you also need to put there .tri file (two nifs and one tri per outfit).

best is to create outfit in outfitstudio, mix any number of nifs you like in it, point its output to "thief's alt directory", and build that outfit.

repeat for each type (newbie, farm, fish, mine and hunt) or just run a script that will clone that one base outfit for them all if you does not care that much - important is that all of them are valid and placeholder nifs delivered with thief are replaced with something proper (and with corresponding .tri file). otherwise thief will CTD on first "dress up" attempt.

Edited by PippinTom