Billyy's SLAL Animations (2024-4-1)

Well I'm glad others can see some of the reasons I didn't include old versions, but I don't wish to be the speedbump for newcomers inexperienced with modding. Hell at this point maybe even a specific 'working' version for my mods warranted inside Wabbajack with my animations alone already pushing the fnis count way up. Who knows maybe one day my mod will even be incompatible with itself in that if you install all the animations it breaks fnis, lol.

13 hours ago, Doc_Oc said:

I don't suppose you could do FFFF and FFFFF animations? I don't see any love in that department. :) Unless I'm missing something that is. I haven't run across anything anyhow. Am I safe in assuming that is much more difficult? Thank you SO much for what you do. :)

I don't think they exist yet, no. Again, on the list. Females end up being significantly more time-consuming to animate (for myself at least), and gets even more difficult when it's -just- females and not a dick to be pleasing. This is what stops me from just pumping out the large group things that I know myself and everyone wants; they're just really time-consuming and draining even if end-result is nice.

10 hours ago, NCK30 said:

Ha ha ha. Told You so. Happened to me too. I had to make a STICKY on my main download site. Thousands of downloads. My most popular post ever.

Hope your sanity is intact given the number of packs You have to post twice.

Haha, you did indeed tell me it'd be so. As long as it prevents it from happening en-mass again I'll survive.

i never cared about Wabbajack myself, i only keep my old files in case i fuck up something in the new ones.

3 hours ago, Billyy said:

Who knows maybe one day my mod will even be incompatible with itself in that if you install all the animations it breaks fnis, lol.

you still have a few 1000 to go, but skyui's/slal's menu limit on the other hand.....

Apologies if this topic has already been covered but after scrolling through 100 pages and not seeing it, I decided to just post instead.

Trying to pose my PC with a werewolf for a screenshot idea. Does anyone know how to use the console commands to get the PC and creature to assume position?

For starters, I know how to use the console so you won't have to dumb it down that much. I know you need to select the actor and type playidle followed by the animation id.

Problem I'm having is with the animation id. For example, I can get the characters and werewolf to perform any vanilla idle from the game, such as waving, picking up object. etc.

Cannot get the actors to perform the Billyy or any other mod's animations  however. I type out the playidle command followed by various combinations of what I think are the ids but no success.

Any advice? Specifically where to find the playidle ids.

5 minutes ago, Vancleef said:

Apologies if this topic has already been covered but after scrolling through 100 pages and not seeing it, I decided to just post instead.

Trying to pose my PC with a werewolf for a screenshot idea. Does anyone know how to use the console commands to get the PC and creature to assume position?

For starters, I know how to use the console so you won't have to dumb it down that much. I know you need to select the actor and type playidle followed by the animation id.

Problem I'm having is with the animation id. For example, I can get the characters and werewolf to perform any vanilla idle from the game, such as waving, picking up object. etc.

Cannot get the actors to perform the Billyy or any other mod's animations  however. I type out the playidle command followed by various combinations of what I think are the ids but no success.

Any advice? Specifically where to find the playidle ids.

The playidle command is only for animations registered in the CK as idles. This requires them to be set up under the Idle Animation header of an esp, which is not how SLAL handles animations. What you can do is use the SendAnimationEvent (sae is the shortcut) console command instead. This uses the animations as they are defined in FNIS. In the meshes folder where the actual animation .hkx files are should be a text file listing all the anims. 

For instance, in Billyy's SLAL Animations 6.1\meshes\actors\character\animations\Billyy_Human, there is FNIS_Billyy_Human_List.txt. If you open this text file you can see the list of anim names. There will be a bunch of lines like B_B_Doggy1_A1_S1. This is the id for the doggy anim, actor 1 (female), stage 1. If you enter in the console sae B_B_Doggy1_A1_S1 , the game will play this animation. 

Keep in mind that the anims are separated by race and sex, so the human female and werewolf male will both have different anim ids for the same sexlab animation.

32 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

The playidle command is only for animations registered in the CK as idles. This requires them to be set up under the Idle Animation header of an esp, which is not how SLAL handles animations. What you can do is use the SendAnimationEvent (sae is the shortcut) console command instead. This uses the animations as they are defined in FNIS. In the meshes folder where the actual animation .hkx files are should be a text file listing all the anims. 

For instance, in Billyy's SLAL Animations 6.1\meshes\actors\character\animations\Billyy_Human, there is FNIS_Billyy_Human_List.txt. If you open this text file you can see the list of anim names. There will be a bunch of lines like B_B_Doggy1_A1_S1. This is the id for the doggy anim, actor 1 (female), stage 1. If you enter in the console sae B_B_Doggy1_A1_S1 , the game will play this animation. 

Keep in mind that the anims are separated by race and sex, so the human female and werewolf male will both have different anim ids for the same sexlab animation.

You just might be the Hero I've been waiting for! If this works, I'm sending you a long, red cape!

Thanks! I'll try this and reply back if it works. I did find the animation names and was aware that the various actors have their own separate animations as well as stages. I should have included that above!

One clarification: does the SAE command work the same way. In other words, do I:
open console
Select actor
sendanimationevent animID 
close console

I'm assuming same actions, different command?

Just now, Vancleef said:

bnub345, there is a superhero costume coming your way!
Thank you very much for the instructions. Worked just like you said.

Holy shit you're able to pose creatures with those commands now? o__o

Wait a Sec..

2 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Spoiler

1094838601_SkyrimSE2022-10-2020-36-00-47.jpg.1b42c879f0fda5b6054b417826db9fe6.jpg

Holy shit you're able to pose creatures with those commands now? o__o

It was driving me batty. I used to create comics using Fallout so I sort of know what I'm doing. I've taken shots with sometimes as many as a dozen actors in the image. But I couldn't get any of the critters to pose in Skyrim.

I didn't have enough technical background to know the difference between how the CK and SLAL operate. 

Speaking of which, what's the command to end the animation. The Werewolf was in a loop. After some brief Google-Fu I couldn't find a command online that worked. Disabled and re-enabled the 'Wolf so if that's what I have to do, it's easy enough.

8 minutes ago, Vancleef said:

It was driving me batty. I used to create comics using Fallout so I sort of know what I'm doing. I've taken shots with sometimes as many as a dozen actors in the image. But I couldn't get any of the critters to pose in Skyrim.

I'm making a lot of comic chapters, creatures always give me a headache, never considered console commands. Now I might be able to make a bit better scenes with them. ?

Edited by Gukahn
1 hour ago, Gukahn said:

I'm making a lot of comic chapters, creatures always give me a headache, never considered console commands. Now I might be able to make a bit better scenes with them. ?

Console commands are a great tool for screenshooting. About the only mod I use is Poser Hotkeys, Jaxonz Positioner and a moveable lighting mod that I forget the name of. Other than that, everything else is pretty much console.

Have not tested yet whether SAE works for vanilla animations and poses but you can call up any of the vanilla character and creature poses using the playidle command.

There are literally 4000 pages of them but here's the Skyrim idles list including all the vanilla creature poses. Most of the creatures are listed alphabetically which makes them pretty easy to find:
Skyrim IDLE Records (uesp.net)

8 hours ago, Vancleef said:

There are literally 4000 pages of them but here's the Skyrim idles list including all the vanilla creature poses. Most of the creatures are listed alphabetically which makes them pretty easy to find:

Thank you very, very much. This is gonna help me a Lot ?

2 minutes ago, Vancleef said:

Glad to help! Also, if you have any links to your comics or images, I'd love to see them. Post a link here or PM me if you'd rather keep it more private.

It's in my signature. The second Blog Vargr is the one I'm currently working on ^^

But if you wanna have a laugh and don't mind first steps and low quality for the first chaps, old man is not bad if i say to myself ?

Edited by Gukahn

Simple question: Is there any particular reason that the animation menu, does not load the preliminary Bed boobjob?

FNIS reports no errors of any kind, SLAL loads the animations correctly, in MCM\Sexlab \Animations, it is tagged as preliminary, but when I access the quick menu ( Key H ) , it does not appear in the preliminary list

18 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Thank you Billy for the update. What would we have without your animations. i guess you are the only active animation maker left.

hey now, i'm still here. even uploaded some female werewolf animations last month.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, Graurion said:

Hello, i can't get 3+ animation to work. Im using matchmaker. Any suggestion on how to make them work? All others work just fine.

cast it on the humans first, then the creatures...and do it within 7 secs (feels like 5 due to spell casting time)

5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

cast it on the humans first, then the creatures...and do it within 7 secs (feels like 5 due to spell casting time)

Thanks, but i solved it some days ago. Sexlab was not properly reading the creature pack, so i simply reinstalled the update and that solved it.