Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

As far as races go, only the Human, Ghouls (Not feral, or glowing) and Synth (Gen 1+2) Use human animations, Synths and ghouls just need equipment then theyre good to go.. However I recall seeing someone sex up a super mutant, possibly a mod with default human animations..?

Honestly, I just added Synths race to Docs allowed races formlist, and they play perfectly fine. But again the butt jiggle LOL.. 

4Play blocks striping - for locked belts and chastity belts etc, prevents removal of itself and slot 33

No objection as such, but I can see that ending up with a lot of keywords to consider for various combinations. I might have a think about a way to hang slotmasks on characters though and make it the responsibility of the calling mod to maintain the mask.

4Play Ok for Anal/Vag/Penile/Boobs/Oral - item does not need to be removed for this type of sex

I think blocking keywords handle that case already. Any item of apparel is assumed to permit access all areas not specifically blocked.

I'm thinking of the lines that we could eventually have a lot of keywords in there, not necessarily for 4Play itself to use, many would be for plugins allowing some standardisation for plugins like collars, shackles, lust, BDSM furniture, pregnancy etc.

I'm not happy for 4P's resource ESM to offer standard metadata flags for kink. Just so long as I don't have to enforce them all :)

And on the point of races, I expect maybe even ghouls should be left out of vanilla 4play list, maybe plugins should add ghouls synths etc in their setup options?

My inclination is to allow anything grown up that the animations work for, and leave it to the caller to choose who gets to take part. It's better for 4P to be permissive and then let others restrict what's on offer than for me to be restrictive and make others work around those restrictions - it that makes sense.

Sorry, I feel like I'm being very negative here.

Honestly, I just added Synths race to Docs allowed races formlist, and they play perfectly fine. But again the butt jiggle LOL..

I'm glad you explained that - I was worried my race checks were broken already :)

I'll add the gen-1 and gen-2s to the allowed list.

Nude suits and related issues are going to take some thinking about here. We're going to need an option to add a suit for each gender of each non-human race. Which is probably going to be needed anyway when we get to animations for mole-rats and bloatflies and what have you, so it's probably as well to think about it early.

I thought I remember feral ghouls animations working in my playing around with a mod working on, but their head might have been attached to their clothing.  The head would disappear after the strip.   Mutants would work too, but the textures would warp because it would morph to fit the human skeleton I am guessing.

This testing was done using .7 sometime over the weekend.

Four-Play is a sex framework for Fallout 4. The mod is currently under heavy development, but it is already functional and has a number of mods making use of it. The mod currently uses Crazy6987's animations by default, although there is a briding mod to use Leito86's animations.

This thread is for discussion of development issues, missing features and coding techniques.

First off, THANK YOU. Like, seriously, thank you. I really was worried that SexTec was never gonna take off and therefore we'd never see anything remotely close to SexLab for Fallout 4.

I know it's still young but so far Four-Play has worked flawlessly. Sure it has its kinks and quirks but I know those things will be ironed out over time. But at its current stage it's definitely a working framework, so good job! :)

Also, I'd like to thank you for addressing the child issue. The last thing we need is Four-Play or even Loverslab to get in trouble...

I was originally going to list some ideas for Four-Play but I think I'll withhold those for now. You're probably busy with so many things all at once anyway, and I think I've seen you address some of my ideas already so I know you're ahead of the game lol :P

Hello. Lurker here. I was checking on Sex-tec, or Four-Play as it is now called, and I was happy to see that there's finally a release.

I installed some mods and was ready to have fun only to see that it was temporary unavailable, about the kids in Fallout 4.

The mod is available again and I had a lot of fun with "Crazy6987 gun mode" and "Mindless Sex". The nude erect skin mod is pretty good actually. In skyrim you could only choose between a hairy body or an overly muscular body. Glad to finally play with a slim body type for once.

When I had fun with the NPC's, I wanted to test the security DocClox provided on the kids.

I used the pistol from Mindless Sex on Nat and I got a scene immediately. Just like when used on adult NPC's. So Four-Play 0081 doesn't do anything with that?

Then I used the gun from Crazy6987 and I also got a scene.

I did saw a message once about "child actor" and Four-Play preventing a scene. I also got a crash once before that message could appear.

But with these two instances I didn't installed Mindless and Crazy properly, since nexus mod manager asked me to overwrite files. I said yes to one, but no to the other. Then I didn't bother reinstalling it.

I'm not into kids. It's not my decision to tell people how to play their game. I was just testing the security checks and I can tell that they don't work for me.

Let me know if you want more details such as my mod load order.

I'm not into kids. It's not my decision to tell people how to play their game. I was just testing the security checks and I can tell that they don't work for me.

Do you have vinfamys patch for Leitos animations installed ?

The patch overwrites the main script of FourPlay, so you´re basically reverting to an older version when using the patch.

The patch overwrites the main script of FourPlay, so you´re basically reverting to an older version when using the patch.

Not anymore.  The patch uses the latest main script now. I updated around 13 hours ago. All Four-Play functions should work properly.

4Play blocks striping - for locked belts and chastity belts etc, prevents removal of itself and slot 33

No objection as such, but I can see that ending up with a lot of keywords to consider for various combinations. I might have a think about a way to hang slotmasks on characters though and make it the responsibility of the calling mod to maintain the mask.

4Play Ok for Anal/Vag/Penile/Boobs/Oral - item does not need to be removed for this type of sex

I think blocking keywords handle that case already. Any item of apparel is assumed to permit access all areas not specifically blocked.

I'm thinking of the lines that we could eventually have a lot of keywords in there, not necessarily for 4Play itself to use, many would be for plugins allowing some standardisation for plugins like collars, shackles, lust, BDSM furniture, pregnancy etc.

I'm not happy for 4P's resource ESM to offer standard metadata flags for kink. Just so long as I don't have to enforce them all :)

And on the point of races, I expect maybe even ghouls should be left out of vanilla 4play list, maybe plugins should add ghouls synths etc in their setup options?

My inclination is to allow anything grown up that the animations work for, and leave it to the caller to choose who gets to take part. It's better for 4P to be permissive and then let others restrict what's on offer than for me to be restrictive and make others work around those restrictions - it that makes sense.

Sorry, I feel like I'm being very negative here.

No problems, I'm just throwing ideas around for future thought I guess, don't waste too much time on them when there are bigger chickens to hatch :)

It just came to me for the random picker there might be a check on actors for keywords like

4PlayActorLikesAnal

4PlayActorHatesOral

4PlayActorLikesBDSM etc

With the stripping I'm thinking eventually maybe there could be more than 2 strip options for users: "strip all", "strip whats needed" and "strip nothing", maybe make it a percentage setting?

So the keywords would not be a blocklist but more "this hole is available now without stripping" or "leave this on if possible for whatever sex selected"

Some hats/helmets may not block oral some may have to be removed though more for the fact they are going to fall off or be knocked off anyway or visually clip.

I did saw a message once about "child actor" and Four-Play preventing a scene. I also got a crash once before that message could appear.

But with these two instances I didn't installed Mindless and Crazy properly, since nexus mod manager asked me to overwrite files. I said yes to one, but no to the other. Then I didn't bother reinstalling it.

Let me know if you want more details such as my mod load order.

Thanks for the report. A mod list/load order would be very helpful.

I'm not happy for 4P's resource ESM to offer standard metadata flags for kink

I don't know how the word "not" got into that sentence! I'm happy to act as a keyword repository is what I meant to say smile.png

It just came to me for the random picker there might be a check on actors for keywords like

4PlayActorLikesAnal

4PlayActorHatesOral

4PlayActorLikesBDSM etc

With the stripping I'm thinking eventually maybe there could be more than 2 strip options for users: "strip all", "strip whats needed" and "strip nothing", maybe make it a percentage setting?

So the keywords would not be a blocklist but more "this hole is available now without stripping" or "leave this on if possible for whatever sex selected"

Some hats/helmets may not block oral some may have to be removed though more for the fact they are going to fall off or be knocked off anyway or visually clip.

Hmm... OK. Things to think about.

Interesting. Most alignment errors are from uneven surfaces or npcs pushing one of the actors around. Neither of those would seem to apply here. What happened?

It's very rare, but it does happen........Not sure why. I've even had the alignment perfect, and then for whatever reason, the female will teleport to about 2 ft away.

?????????

That sounds like the actor's collision boxes intersecting. Used the be the bane of my life in Skyrim. You think you've got everything just right and two invisible boxes clip and suddenly the game teleports one actor to the nearest safe location. Even better if you script one of them to keep moving to the others location - the pair of them will go blinking across the landscape. A teleport for every thrust.

Could have been colliding with something else of course. I tried to get something working one time with the c-box up in the air and I was using a dwemer hall as a test cell. And the actors would keep colliding with the fancy protrusions down from the ceiling.

@DocClox

You changed something for undressing and launching the sex scene?

In version 0.0.6 it is all well aligned

In version 0.0.8 it is shifted the player or npc is or slightly left/right or forward/backforward ...

I noticed a small difference between the versions in the 0.0.6 the Npc lifts and lower the arms very quickly and the scene starts

In the 0.0.8 the Npc does not lift and lower the arms ...

I tested on a clean save and nothing to do with the 0.0.8 is no longer alligned in the scene of sex and with the 0.0.6 I do not have this problem

You changed something for undressing and launching the sex scene?

In version 0.0.6 it is all well aligned

In version 0.0.8 it is shifted the player or npc is or slightly left/right or forward/backforward ...

I noticed a small difference between the versions in the 0.0.6 the Npc lifts and lower the arms very quickly and the scene starts

In the 0.0.8 the Npc does not lift and lower the arms ...

Duly noted. I will get around to looking at alignment shortly. It's just been a busy week... 

can't wait to see what the future holds smile.png

Sleep, with a bit of luck! smile.png

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply. I had the flu.

To Doc as well; Here is my previous loadorder. I did use the compatibility patch. However, disabling that mod still allowed child actors to participate in scenes.

My new loadorder has Four-Play 0082 at the bottom. Mindless Sex doesn't work on child actors but I don't get any pop-ups or messages. Or are those messages removed in the latest version?

Crazy Animations still work on child actors, though the child actor doesn't undress. That last part can be bypassed with the console command "unequipall". Which should also help people who want to remove power armor from certain NPC's. Unless you want to do it with power armor...

post-346365-0-13000100-1493484494_thumb.png

Hmm... damn. I think I need to get MO2 working if I'm going replicate that load order.

What version are you running. Or more to the point, you probably missed last night's update to 0.0.8.2 which has got some rather more robust checking in it.

Try that and if you could get me a log file as well, that would be great.

That sounds like the actor's collision boxes intersecting. Used the be the bane of my life in Skyrim. You think you've got everything just right and two invisible boxes clip and suddenly the game teleports one actor to the nearest safe location. Even better if you script one of them to keep moving to the others location - the pair of them will go blinking across the landscape. A teleport for every thrust.

Could have been colliding with something else of course. I tried to get something working one time with the c-box up in the air and I was using a dwemer hall as a test cell. And the actors would keep colliding with the fancy protrusions down from the ceiling.

Instead of MoveTo () you could try to use SetVehicle().

As far as i know this will prevent the actors from getting pushed away.

To adjust the position of the actor you only have to adjust the position of the marker.

The adjusted position of the marker could then be stored in the Stage data structs, so everytime this stage gets called its automatically using the positions with the aligment adjusted by the user, once adjusting aligment is possible.

I haven't delved into FO4 Papyrus much yet. So, maybe there are new nuances regarding positioning that you are working around.

In Skyrim, MoveTo didn't work reliably for this.

I looked at the code and double-checked that the needed commands are still there in FO4 Papyrus. Looks like they are. So, this is an approach to positioning I know worked in Skyrim:

A. Lock the actors so that they are all frozen in place (looks like you are already doing that).

B. Create a marker object as Vader suggests (Sexlab used a STATIC invisible PNG if I remember correctly)

C. Get the position of the actor where the scene is going to be. This is represented with six variables. postion x, y and z. and angle x, y and z. (actor.GetPositionX, actor.GetAngleX, etc)

D. Place the marker at the actors position using SplineTranslateTo (not moveTo), populating it with the six variables above plus "1.0, 50000, 0" for the last 3 parameters.

E. Iterate through each actor and place them at the same position, also with SplineTranslateTo. And apply SetVehicle(theMarker).

Apologies if you already know this and it no longer works in FO4...

Hmm... damn. I think I need to get MO2 working if I'm going replicate that load order.

What version are you running. Or more to the point, you probably missed last night's update to 0.0.8.2 which has got some rather more robust checking in it.

Try that and if you could get me a log file as well, that would be great.

I've reinstalled the latest Four Play 0.0.8.2. Four_Lei More Consensual/aggressive are disabled but not uninstalled.

I tested the sex pistol from "Mindless Sex" and it doesn't do anything on Nat, though I don't get any messages.

The gun from "Crazy6987 Sex Animation 2.7" does work, so does the Leito gun from Leito's animation.

I mentioned a crash earlier when using a gun from Leito. If the gun has a gyro lens or automatic fire, it will crash. So that's what happened.

I'm using a legal version of Fallout 4 and the game has been updated on Steam.

post-346365-0-22514900-1493560423_thumb.png

Papyrus.0.log

I'm happy that a working framework exists at all. Awesome and a big thanks so far for working on it.

My experience:

• Leito's gunned animations always work and offer most control.
  • Sex 'Em Up needs better targeting/range (fails to catch sometimes) , positioning and animation control like Leito's
  • Speech overrides like Vanilla Fudge seem to sometimes vanish. Maybe a more stable speech control is needed?
  • All animations need an awful lot of time to prepare (10-20sec)
  • There is no realignment once a wandering character kicks the player out of position
  • To my surprise the animations worked with Supermutants (a bit misaligned) and Synths, just the nude clothing doesn't match

My 1st wishes with priorities:

1. A reliable (100% safe) target finding and activation method other than gunning (catching all animatable targets)
  2. A fast animation switch (< 5 sec)
  3. Animation control based on hotkeys (not necessary if forced/aggressive)
  4. Nude bodies switching based on race (Human, Ghoul, Synth Type, Supermutant)

Archived