Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

Anyone ever get some sort of decent alignment? Its really hard on the uneven terrain and the fact everyone loves to just walk into each other for some reason.

Out of curiosity, male or female character? Or is the problem with NPC/NPC scenes?

In other news: I have the animation loader working. Needs a little work before it's ready for release and it needs a little more boilerplate in the loading script than I'd wanted, but it works.

So: Progress! And it feels like way too long since I've been able to write that :)

Its with everyone. Player NPC and NPC NPC. I tried on flat surfaces and tried to trigger things on beds to make it easier but they still have problems and clipping. I am using almost all the mods on the list and Leito's animations and the more consensual version package. Now I'm having problems with stripping not functioning too.

This is fantastic, but, I was just wondering...

How do you get the nude suits to trigger? I'm guessing I need to copy the erect meshes from one place to another and rename them, correct? I can deal with their dicks sticking in my face (for now), but I'd be nice to get this working.~

On that, is there a way to turn Violate off during pre-determined cutscene bits? I started a fresh save on Survival, went down to Concord, got knocked low enough to trigger it and it was really awkward heard Preston and them fighting while I'm getting banged. Otherwise, I love it.

This is fantastic, but, I was just wondering...

On that, is there a way to turn Violate off during pre-determined cutscene bits? I started a fresh save on Survival, went down to Concord, got knocked low enough to trigger it and it was really awkward heard Preston and them fighting while I'm getting banged. Otherwise, I love it.

Yeah, but isn't that great?  You character is so hot that Raiders are willing to jump him or her during a pitched battle!  Imagine the expression on Preston's face as your attempts to help "go awry".

Granted, it may be a little surreal, but I personally count that as a bonus in a game like FO4.  I also like the unpredictability. 8-)

But also keep in mind that these mods are in the early stages of development; it took a long time for Sex Lab to get where it is.

Cheers! 

Slightly off topic, but I've been very much enjoying the new contributions to Fallout that have spawned from the rapid development of four-play. Do the key modders like DocClox, vinfamy, crazy, leito, etc... have a patreon or a paypal or something? If I knew these guys in real life I'd have picked up a round of drinks by now so I should be able to channel some beer money over for allowing me more massive enjoyment of a game I didn't think I'd be picking up again for some time. Thanks guys, seriously. 

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the current state of F4SE? Does anyone know?  Is it even relevant for this style of mod anymore?

Actually, the dev was just taking requests for 0.3.1 so we should have another iteration shortly. It's moving slow, but it is moving.

And if it lets me do 2D arrays without using mutant bottlecaps to hide the storage from Papyrus, I'll be very happy with it :)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the current state of F4SE? Does anyone know?  Is it even relevant for this style of mod anymore?

Actually, the dev was just taking requests for 0.3.1 so we should have another iteration shortly. It's moving slow, but it is moving.

And if it lets me do 2D arrays without using mutant bottlecaps to hide the storage from Papyrus, I'll be very happy with it :)

It's been a while since I've read up on F4SE progress.  I knew at some point things would move along.  It's great to hear a step forward is near.  Any new functionality will be great to see.  This is really great news.  Let's hope for the best.

It would've been nice to figure out a way to go forward without it, but I understand that it may be a necessary evil.

If it lets us have some of the Skyrim features back, then I am all for that necessary evil, plus... CPU deserves some vindication, IMO. He did a great job with very little to work with, and people here kind of crapped on him for something that wasn't his doing. I still support his vision for a framework, and all the features that him and his team had mapped out.

To me, it seems like his work would still be of a great benefit to make this framework that much better.

Doc has worked miracles, and I am in no way trying to dismiss his contributions or this framework, I'm able to applaud both of their work. ;)

It would've been nice to figure out a way to go forward without it, but I understand that it may be a necessary evil.

Its not really an evil, for scripters and users, many of the features reduce some things from 30 lines or impossible to do to 2 or three lines of code. Without it is like having to change stations on your radio with just a knob while driving.

You can do 2D arrays but you have to be careful you don't make cyclic references (i.e. any references to earlier Vars in the chain). Though dealing with 2D arrays is pretty inconvenient, you might need to make helper functions.

Utility.VarToVarArray
Utility.VarArrayToVar

They let you pack a Var[] into a Var, meaning you can make a Var[] of Var[] aka 2D, you can technically do any dimension and varying dimensions. Papyrus will actually serialize this on its own so it doesn't go into the co-save, it'll go into the actual save game. They didn't support it by default because they didn't want to deal with cyclic references either. (Thus why you need to be careful! You WILL break a save game if you make a cyclic reference)

F4SE 0.3.1 Beta has the running progress and is updated when new functions are added. Binaries aren't available yet though.

Though dealing with 2D arrays is pretty inconvenient, you might need to make helper functions.

Utility.VarToVarArray
Utility.VarArrayToVar

Yeah, I noticed those functions were on the feature list for the 0.3.1. That's the feature I'm really excited about.

They let you pack a Var[] into a Var, meaning you can make a Var[] of Var[] aka 2D, you can technically do any dimension and varying dimensions.

I don't actually want to do n-dimensional matrices or any of that stuff. I just want to have lists of structs where the structs can have lists of their own. Maybe the occasional list of lists. I'm using the term "2D" very sloppily here :)

They didn't support it by default because they didn't want to deal with cyclic references either. (Thus why you need to be careful! You WILL break a save game if you make a cyclic reference)

Useful safety tip there; you have my thanks! What I have in mind is more tree structure than anything, so cyclic links shouldn't be a problem ... but maybe it would make sense if I put a little more forethought into my data structures. They've been a little ad hoc up to this point and it would be easy to get confused.

I wasn't aware of this page, and it's quite fascinating (in a watching paint dry sort of way), but I can't seem to find a download link, so.......

:(

*cough*

Binaries aren't available yet though.

F4SE 0.3.1 Beta has the running progress and is updated when new functions are added. Binaries aren't available yet though.

Thank you sir!

Great news. The current function list is already a game-changer.

From there, just need a way to write text files and manipulate nodes and my tool-belt needs will be complete.

And we're back!

Please report any problems, particular with the child actor safeguards.

Also - for those having problems with stripping: there is a known bug in F4SE 0.3.0 where GetWornItem (the function that drives the strip routine) doesn't work properly unless Papyrus debugging information is loaded. Which means you need to edit the following file:

Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\Fallout4Custom.ini.

And then add the following if absent:

[Papyrus]
bLoadDebugInformation=1

This is why enabling logging fixed the problem for so many of you, and also means that if you enabled logging just to fix stripping, you can safely remove all of that apart from the lines above.

And now, I think I'm going to take a break for a day or two and do some gaming. I'm beat!

And we're back!

Please report any problems, particular with the child actor safeguards.

Also - for those having problems with stripping: there is a known bug in F4SE 0.3.0 where GetWornItem (the function that drives the strip routine) doesn't work properly unless Papyrus debugging information is loaded. Which means you need to edit the following file:

Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\Fallout4Custom.ini.

And then add the following if absent:

[Papyrus]
bLoadDebugInformation=1

This is why enabling logging fixed the problem for so many of you, and also means that if you enabled logging just to fix stripping, you can safely remove all of that apart from the lines above.

And now, I think I'm going to take a break for a day or two and do some gaming. I'm beat!

And while you take a well deserved break, I will beta test the shit out of it.

:D :D :D

I have to say, thank you all so much for this and all the other fantastic mods (using the term generally.) I have been a modder for a long time, and have been waiting on something like this for FO4 before really digging my teeth in the game. Apocalypse without sex, drugs, and rock and roll? No way! And this provides the framework for the piece that has been missing. Honestly thought it was never going to happen. Cheers to you all, and the entire FO4 modding community. Time to reinstall the game, get modding, and create my own personal fantasy post apocalyptic world.

I have to say, thank you all so much for this and all the other fantastic mods (using the term generally.) I have been a modder for a long time, and have been waiting on something like this for FO4 before really digging my teeth in the game. Apocalypse without sex, drugs, and rock and roll? No way! And this provides the framework for the piece that has been missing. Honestly thought it was never going to happen. Cheers to you all, and the entire FO4 modding community. Time to reinstall the game, get modding, and create my own personal fantasy post apocalyptic world.

I asked the gods to intervene.......That same day, Doc shows up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone tried to see if Gen1 & 2Gen2 Synths use the same human skeleton or do they need new animations too?

I can confirm that the Synth Gen 1 and 2 both not only use the same skeleton, but the same behavior files as well.

Also the animations work.. However LMFAO at the butt jiggle on a Gen1 synth doing the Female carry animation.

Edit: Proof (Although terrible photo, but too lazy to take another)

post-306360-0-39719400-1493277307_thumb.jpg

Just thought of another couple of possible Keywords to add to the esm for later use and maybe some ideas on how to handle stripping in more detail.

4Play blocks striping - for locked belts and chastity belts etc, prevents removal of itself and slot 33

4Play Ok for Anal/Vag/Penile/Boobs/Oral - item does not need to be removed for this type of sex, topless shorts for boobs, micro skirts or open crotch catsuit's for vaginal/anal/penile, open faced helmets for oral.

Maybe even a keyword for 4PlayTheivesStealsThis Actors tagged with 4PlayTheif would steal these items when stripped into their own inventory.

4PlayRapistDestroysThis, this item is torn off and destroyed in the process.

I'm thinking of the lines that we could eventually have a lot of keywords in there, not necessarily for 4Play itself to use, many would be for plugins allowing some standardisation for plugins like collars, shackles, lust, BDSM furniture, pregnancy etc.

And on the point of races, I expect maybe even ghouls should be left out of vanilla 4play list, maybe plugins should add ghouls synths etc in their setup options?

Do Asaultrons use human animations ok?

Feral Ghouls?

Has anyone made a list of what races can work ok with human animations? Or work to some degree to be usable till animation modders do better?

Archived