Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

So what happens to the franchises that Bio made if they get axed? Even though this was a major disappointment, the basic story ideas behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age were very creative at the very least. Will EA just put them on a shelf and let them collect dust? Who will be their next victim?

The IP (Intellectual Property) is owned by EA so if EA wasn't interested in making or using it, Mass Effect IP could sit on the shelf forever. However, they also could license it off to another group to develop if they so chose to do. Much like what happened with Fallout NV.

Whaaaat?? DA4 is secure, it is made by different people than ME team...

And if MEA would not be such a turd, there would not be ''hate campaign'' :P

it is still controlled by EA and shit rolls downhill. It isn't quite clear where the crap started in MEA so if it was higher up than the studio that created MEA then yes, DA4 could be fucked up just as badly or even worse. (doubt it with all the negativity and how strongly EA reacted to the news. It is very likely the studio will work their asses off to make sure it is as best as they could make it... however if the upper EA management is the cause for MEA being a turd.. then likely DA4 will be damaged as well regardless)

Only so far a studio can go before the higher ups cause fuckups.

True on the hate campaign. It is caused by how bad the game was coming from EA. Something like this might be accepted by a new studio etc but not for such a company.

As long as they hire an actual competent, non-politized writer...

Doesn't matter if they are SJW or political or whatever... the key is the management needs to make sure this doesn't get transferred to the game story.

Persons personal views shouldn't matter. It didn't matter in the past. Games were made and stories were created that made sense to the game without having crap added that wasn't necessary. In fact, it is likely the older games were more condensed and concise in their delivery of story and characters as they had very limited space to create the environment/story. Now they have pretty much as much space as they wish to use.

As long as they hire an actual competent, non-politized writer...

Might as well gamble your life savings, better odds and better returns.

LOL

You jmight be onto something there Captain Cobra.. :P

From what i read, the studio behind MEA wasnt closed but spread around to support other teams, so i was talking about Bioware as a whole.

But if that fails...

And let's be fair, MEA never had a chance.

But if that fails...

And let's be fair, MEA never had a chance.

And because many people now hate BioWare, they will then also hate Dragon Age 4, whether it is good or not.  ;)

And still one a flop can themselves BioWare not afford.  :P

And if I were the big boss, then I would leave my fingers of so awkward games and all the hater the middle finger show.  :lol:  :lol:

What I meant is that DA4 is ''secure'' to be released, but if it will be the same ''quality'' as MEA (or worse)? That's another story..

me it is Shit no matter as it will, I love this series more than anything else.

DA2 was nothing special but I play it rather than Skyrim.  :P

I don't mind doing some whining myself sometimes, but come on this is going for a month now. This can't be about the game, i think you rather plan to have the website renamed to whinerslab.com :D

2 1/2 month now. Would say this game is really worth buying. How much other games can you think of which managed to hold your attention for such a long time :).

I don't mind doing some whining myself sometimes, but come on this is going for a month now. This can't be about the game, i think you rather plan to have the website renamed to whinerslab.com :D

2 1/2 month now. Would say this game is really worth buying. How much other games can you think of which managed to hold your attention for such a long time :).

that's good, for this a cookie.  ;)

DY0EG.gif

New Ryder facial animations!!! lachende-smileys-347.gif

Sure because the glut of all those scifi rpgs that have been released since then that everyone is now playing

Actually the reason this game is still at the top of the thread listing is winny can't accept that his opinions aren't facts or even developed in tandem with facts, which is pretty ironic in light of posting "omg gais i hate skyrim and i hate skyrim mods" for 6 years on a site dedicated to bethesda modding in general.

Secondly the game still has three and half months of contractually obligated support so there's plenty of time to comment on its abject lack of quality left.

---snip---

Sure because the glut of all those scifi rpgs that have been released since then that everyone is now playing

Actually the reason this game is still at the top of the thread listing is winny can't accept that his opinions aren't facts or even developed in tandem with facts, which is pretty ironic in light of posting "omg gais i hate skyrim and i hate skyrim mods" for 6 years on a site dedicated to bethesda modding in general.

Secondly the game still has three and half months of contractually obligated support so there's plenty of time to comment on its abject lack of quality left.

What has that one with the other to do?

Of course I hate Bethesda for the crap they have delivered and the coronation was SSE!

Bethesda is to the Today time, after already six bygone years, not in a position to develop a new TES 6!

I play Skyrim already for three years no more and I am on this website, firstly: Because I have many friends here and secondly: Because I help many people and have already helped!

I hope this justification is sufficient to be allowed to be on this website.  ;)

And because many people now hate BioWare, they will then also hate Dragon Age 4, whether it is good or not.  ;)

I for one will be more than willing to properly review their works regardless of which game it is. If it is good, better or terrific I am more than willing to give them credit when credit is due. In fact I will go out of my way to make sure I praise them for a great job if they do a great job. Positive reviews and praises are just as important if not more important when they do start to do right by the gaming community and create great games again. Let them know they did some thing right and proper and if possible what was so great about what they just did.

And still one a flop can themselves BioWare not afford.  :P

If I understand you correctly, I believe they can afford a few more before it becomes very serious for them. However, if they do more as horribly as they just did with Mass Effect, I am sure there will be some serious terminations following from EA. MEA wasn't a flop it was beyond a flop. It wasn't just not well received it was rejected and rejected do to horrible quality control. It was criticized for weak story and such but that wasn't what killed it so badly in my opinion. It was the horrific quality control that sunk it.

And if I were the big boss, then I would leave my fingers of so awkward games and all the hater the middle finger show.  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, completely lost you on the translation... I am sure it was something awesome but just missing it. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh, started playing again after patch 1.08 and they missed the ONE BLOODY THING I actually wanted in the character creator again, they didn't add the default Ryder appearance to the custom presets screen.

I like the default Scott Ryder look I just want to make it more to my tastes damnit. 

• 2 months later...

Wow....they are going to tell the story of the fate of the quarian ark through novels and comics......?  If you need more proof that they are admitting they no longer can write worth a shit, then I don't know what to tell you.  Seriously.  Think about it.  EA owns them and when has EA ever not milked something down to the very last drop?  Wow.  Just Wow.  This hurts as much as Westwood selling out and failing.  EA truly is the franchise killer I've always suspected them of being. 

Not only the franchise. Almost all Bioware is doing now and will do in the near future is developing and supporting multiplayer/service type of gaming. It is a multiplayer game (Anthem) that Mass Effect was sacrificed for. This makes me really nervous about the future of DA. 

Not only the franchise. Almost all Bioware is doing now and will do in the near future is developing and supporting multiplayer/service type of gaming. It is a multiplayer game (Anthem) that Mass Effect was sacrificed for. This makes me really nervous about the future of DA. 

Dragon Age 4: Sunless Sea developer confirms the RPG  ;)

Now it's officially official, developer BioWare is working on Dragon Age 4.

The story of the fourth branch of the series is partly placed in the hands of author Alexis Kennedy. The confirmation was officially confirmed by the author himself

https://www.ingamers.com/spiele/alle-spiele/dragon-age-4-offizielle-bestaetigung,17481.html

The story of the fourth branch of the series is partly placed in the hands of author Alexis Kennedy. The confirmation was officially confirmed by the author himself

https://www.ingamers.com/spiele/alle-spiele/dragon-age-4-offizielle-bestaetigung,17481.html

Welcome to two years ago.

The issue not whether it exists, the issue is BW's development culture and bleeding of staff at a prodigious rate combined with their absurd need to inject politics in everything they do while failing to maintain gameplay and mechanical standards set over a decade ago.

Welcome to two years ago.

The issue not whether it exists, the issue is BW's development culture and bleeding of staff at a prodigious rate combined with their absurd need to inject politics in everything they do while failing to maintain gameplay and mechanical standards set over a decade ago.

I'm not interested in politics, if political aspects are included in the game, then they go past me, like a full chalice with a liquid that I do not like!

But there is a huge difference between BioWare and Bethesda, BioWare lets its Dragon Age fans Not in the rain stand.

And therefore BioWare is 1000 times better for me.  :)

ME:A sales must be atrocious for EA to not even bother milking it using withheld content, oops, DLC in EA speak. 

EA is shifting the whole company to multi-player micro-transactions because that's where the phat money is.  If Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is any guide of what EA thinks of turn based RPG (that game has been printing money since its launch), DA4 is going to have "social game play" and even more grind to pry money from pay-to-win whales and pay-to-play suckers.  EA PR will tout the PvP/ranking/achievements as immersion enhancements and the grind as adding hours of content.  Bethesda's horse armor is almost virtuous in this new age of gaming economics.

ME:A sales must be atrocious for EA to not even bother milking it using withheld content, oops, DLC in EA speak. 

That's probably one of the reasons. They didn't have the time to finish developing the main game, let alone work on "withheld content". If there was something already (almost) done I guess they would release it. But investing more money and time into developing brand new content for the game doesn't make sense - it would be more PR drama with no real gain.

We don't know the sales figures, but more importantly we don't know how many people who purchased the game actually played it in full and will be willing to pay for a DLC. After all the people who like it for the combat have probably abandoned the tedious campaign in favor of the multiplayer. And the people who are looking for more than combat in a Mass Effect game abandon it when they realize there is almost nothing of value and when they have learned that almost everything in the game's plot, world, characters ends up unresolved. 

Still the way Bioware and EA abandon MEA makes me have a little more respect for Bethesda who did try to fix FO4 as much as possible. And even released a DLC that fixes a major flaw in the main game. 

That's probably one of the reasons. They didn't have the time to finish developing the main game, let alone work on "withheld content". If there was something already (almost) done I guess they would release it. But investing more money and time into developing brand new content for the game doesn't make sense - it would be more PR drama with no real gain.

We don't know the sales figures, but more importantly we don't know how many people who purchased the game actually played it in full and will be willing to pay for a DLC. After all the people who like it for the combat have probably abandoned the tedious campaign in favor of the multiplayer. And the people who are looking for more than combat in a Mass Effect game abandon it when they realize there is almost nothing of value and when they have learned that almost everything in the game's plot, world, characters ends up unresolved. 

Still the way Bioware and EA abandon MEA makes me have a little more respect for Bethesda who did try to fix FO4 as much as possible. And even released a DLC that fixes a major flaw in the main game. 

FO4 sold 12 million copies in its launch window alone so there was a lot of money left on the table for DLC.  Bethesda also sold a ton of Season Passes so they were contractually obligated to make more contents. 

Wow....they are going to tell the story of the fate of the quarian ark through novels and comics......?  If you need more proof that they are admitting they no longer can write worth a shit, then I don't know what to tell you.  Seriously.  Think about it.  EA owns them and when has EA ever not milked something down to the very last drop?  Wow.  Just Wow.  This hurts as much as Westwood selling out and failing.  EA truly is the franchise killer I've always suspected them of being. 

Thing is, there's a lot of rumors in the industry over this.  Mainly a huge edmonton/montreal rivalry, ED was pissed off over not working on the next title and did everything they could to sink it.  It doesn't stop there of course, because montreal was stacked full of socjus types that would have heart attacks about the content on LL.  There's a few articles you can find from people who were at montreal about how people did nothing, but go around day-in-day-out posting garbage on social media, finding moral outrage bait to virtue signal over and so on.

Entire thing was an avoidable clusterfuck.  New GM of the entire 'bioware' division though, so don't be surprised if you see/hear more of this coming out in the near future.

Archived