So how would one go about removing bugged items? My character apparently got a red leather corset equipped via a trap, and I have no option to try to remove it.  When I click on it, it gives me the option to equip it, which I do, but then I can just unclick, then click again to get the prompt to put it back on. If I use the unequip command it'll give me the prompt that I don't have the key/can't remove it currently, but nothing else, still won't provide the correct prompts to try to remove.

So how would one go about removing bugged items? My character apparently got a red leather corset equipped via a trap, and I have no option to try to remove it.  When I click on it, it gives me the option to equip it, which I do, but then I can just unclick, then click again to get the prompt to put it back on. If I use the unequip command it'll give me the prompt that I don't have the key/can't remove it currently, but nothing else, still won't provide the correct prompts to try to remove.

Yeah, it seems the corsets, some of them at least, are broken and don't function properly right now. The only thing I've found to get rid of it is a console command:

"player.removeallitems <container_ID>" 

You don't actually need the container ID but without it all removed items are destroyed. HOWEVER! Even though this will get rid of the corset (and anything else you have) it doesn't seem like it removes any of the effects that any items may have on your character. I tried this with some leg restraints equipped as well and afterward the poor girl was stuck with the hopping animation for movement despite not having the restraints in inventory or equipped.

There are still many bugs to be squished and other things to be tweaked or added I imagine. Personally, I just have a frequent autosave going so I can load if I ever get stuck with corset again.

Anyone else have an issue with wrist restraints not forcing downing the weapon when they get lock on you?

I was trying out Deviously Cursed Wasteland a few days ago, but had to rollback to a previous save because when a Wrist Restraint locked on to me, the weapon I had equipped at the time was still up but unable to do anything. I couldn'r fire, reload or even hide the weapon. It was the most unimmersive thing that had happened. 

I believe it is an issue with the devices themselves and not DCW, which is why I am posting about it here.

Just a question: is there a reseaon not to use the material system? Mods like CRP use it and it declutters the bodyslide menu. Just build one mesh and be done with it. Another feat would be, the ability to change colour at a workbench.

Just a question: is there a reseaon not to use the material system? Mods like CRP use it and it declutters the bodyslide menu. Just build one mesh and be done with it. Another feat would be, the ability to change colour at a workbench.

I don't have models available supporting this system. Mind you that most of them are Skyrim conversions.

On the upside, thanks to a known bug with Devious Devices, I found a way to unequip the bugged item.  Basically, you just have to enter power armor and exit, then try to equip a normal item in the slot in question (in this case, a vault tec lab coat outfit is what I tried this with). It equipped and removed the bugged corset. I was then able to equip other Devious items again.

If you don't want to mess things up as is until a fix is implemented, avoid power armor!

On the upside, thanks to a known bug with Devious Devices, I found a way to unequip the bugged item.  Basically, you just have to enter power armor and exit, then try to equip a normal item in the slot in question (in this case, a vault tec lab coat outfit is what I tried this with). It equipped and removed the bugged corset. I was then able to equip other Devious items again.

If you don't want to mess things up as is until a fix is implemented, avoid power armor!

I will fix the PA bugploit with the next patch. :D

I will fix the PA bugploit with the next patch. :D

Awesome. I noticed that even though the items were unequippable, I couldn't actually remove them from inventory after that. Guess that's part of the scripts derping out as well?

Items should be removable from your inventory when they are not locked on you.

They aren't; I'll try to transfer them to a container or just outright drop them, and they'll just flash like it tried to remove them but they remain in my inventory. I've tried to remove them via console as well (removeItem), and the same thing occurs. I even get the message that the item was removed, even though it stays in inventory.

They aren't; I'll try to transfer them to a container or just outright drop them, and they'll just flash like it tried to remove them but they remain in my inventory. I've tried to remove them via console as well (removeItem), and the same thing occurs. I even get the message that the item was removed, even though it stays in invent

The same thing happened to me with a Red Latex Corset. I could sell/remove everything else so far but the Corset just doesn´t want to go.^^

thx for gj!

using straitjacket on NPC cause permanent damage to npc`s AI- for example settlers and dissmised companions mindless walk away (even if u uneqiped item). this damage to AI is permanent...

devices have insufficient description- they actyaly isnt "armor" and NPC easy change devices to native armor (for example if u equip with "openactorcontainer 1" normal armor- thats change equipment permanent).

I must be missing the correct way of trying to remove the devices, as I am going through the trouble of trying to go through a pipboy interface that is not there and blindly trying to figure out which device is highlighted cause the interface, as stated previously, is not there.

And even if I did get all the restraining devices removed (aside from the plugs), I still can't get the pip boy interface back. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, +1 to the suggestion of a way to configure the mod's settings. I know it's something you don't want to do, but it would be real nice.

I don't have models available supporting this system. Mind you that most of them are Skyrim conversions.

You actually have everything in place with the nif's pointing to the bgsm material files.

The only change you would need to do is change the way items are handled in the esp then you could get rid of duplicate nif's.

You would need to change the armor addon's to point to an extra piece of information and create some material swaps within the esp.

Example: Restrictive sets.

Base: Corset

Armor points to Armor addon (no change use this as your base).

Alt: Corset Leather

Armor points to armor addon for corset leather.

Change the corset leather armor addon to point to the same nif as the corset and add in in the extra instruction under the nif path that points to a material swap.

Note: this shows up in  FO4Edit as a "MOxS - Material Swap" This extra line points to the material swap section of the esp. (x changes between male, female, 1st person male, and 1st person female).

The material swap points from the original material file (in this case the corset's original *.bgsm) to the replacement bgsm.

Which would for this example:

from "Materials\DeviousDevices\Restrictive\Black\RestrictiveCorset.BGSM"

to "Materials\DeviousDevices\Restrictive\Leather\RestrictiveCorset.BGSM"

An Easy example is in Nuka World for the cappy t-shirts and jackets clothing items.

Each use the game default nif of \armor\HighschoolOutfit\ (FJacket.nif for cappy jackets, and foutfit.nif for t-shirts and jeans).

The material swap section of the esp swaps out the original "Materials\Armor\HighschoolOutfit\PrewarUnderarmor.BGSM" for the nukaworld dlc04 bgsm's.... this is what gives the different textures on the nukaworld cappy sets.

FO4 Edit screen shots of the armor addon and material swap files for nuka worlds cappy green shirt and jacket (or something like that)

Armor addon

post-321913-0-82678000-1489600134_thumb.jpg

Material Swap file

post-321913-0-96196300-1489600149_thumb.jpg

Recap:

Each armor addon for idetical items would point to the same nif.

so all the Gem Vag plugs would point to one nif

With the multiple colors pointing to the material swap file that swaps the bgsm for the color swap.

The esp will grow in size due to having to add material swap files. But the mesh's will be reduced to one nif and ground file (oh the ground files material swap is probably handled in the armor part of the esp since the armor addon does not point to that).

Irony: why the hell didn't beth just make it so you can slap the material swap lines directly into the armor addon instead of having to create a material swap in the first place???

You actually have everything in place with the nif's pointing to the bgsm material files.

The only change you would need to do is change the way items are handled in the esp then you could get rid of duplicate nif's.

You would need to change the armor addon's to point to an extra piece of information and create some material swaps within the esp.

Example: Restrictive sets.

Base: Corset

Armor points to Armor addon (no change use this as your base).

Alt: Corset Leather

Armor points to armor addon for corset leather.

Change the corset leather armor addon to point to the same nif as the corset and add in in the extra instruction under the nif path that points to a material swap.

Note: this shows up in  FO4Edit as a "MOxS - Material Swap" This extra line points to the material swap section of the esp. (x changes between male, female, 1st person male, and 1st person female).

The material swap points from the original material file (in this case the corset's original *.bgsm) to the replacement bgsm.

Which would for this example:

from "Materials\DeviousDevices\Restrictive\Black\RestrictiveCorset.BGSM"

to "Materials\DeviousDevices\Restrictive\Leather\RestrictiveCorset.BGSM"

An Easy example is in Nuka World for the cappy t-shirts and jackets clothing items.

Each use the game default nif of \armor\HighschoolOutfit\ (FJacket.nif for cappy jackets, and foutfit.nif for t-shirts and jeans).

The material swap section of the esp swaps out the original "Materials\Armor\HighschoolOutfit\PrewarUnderarmor.BGSM" for the nukaworld dlc04 bgsm's.... this is what gives the different textures on the nukaworld cappy sets.

FO4 Edit screen shots of the armor addon and material swap files for nuka worlds cappy green shirt and jacket (or something like that)

Recap:

Each armor addon for idetical items would point to the same nif.

so all the Gem Vag plugs would point to one nif

With the multiple colors pointing to the material swap file that swaps the bgsm for the color swap.

The esp will grow in size due to having to add material swap files. But the mesh's will be reduced to one nif and ground file (oh the ground files material swap is probably handled in the armor part of the esp since the armor addon does not point to that).

Irony: why the hell didn't beth just make it so you can slap the material swap lines directly into the armor addon instead of having to create a material swap in the first place???

Thanks! I will have a look at it. Working with NIFs is not something I am hyper good at. Which I think is putting it mildly. :D

I'm having some trouble with some part of the Devious Devices tree and I'm not sure where the conflict is, but most of the devices don't seem to be functioning properly.  Armbinders for example, show up behind a character, but their arms just hang at their sides with the hands missing.  Same thing for boots, feet disappear, but there are no boots visible.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I'm having some trouble with some part of the Devious Devices tree and I'm not sure where the conflict is, but most of the devices don't seem to be functioning properly.  Armbinders for example, show up behind a character, but their arms just hang at their sides with the hands missing.  Same thing for boots, feet disappear, but there are no boots visible.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Armbinders? They are not even implemented yet. oO