[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Fixing Other People's Code

Most programmers will wet themselves in fear at the thought of having to work on someone else's code.  For me, however, (at least in the case of CK2 modding) I have experienced a strange phenomenon.  On multiple occasions (including three this past week!), it has been a snap for me to fix someone else's bugs or upgrade their code while I still struggle to get my own code back into shape.  I think maybe part of it is that I have looked to other people's code so often to see how they do things (especially @dewguru's code since he is the one who inspired me to start modding) that their code appears clearer in my head than my own code does.  Another part is the effort I have been putting in to make my code work with other people's stuff.  But still...? 

It brings to the edge of my memory watching a person on stage talking about how they felt so bad when their girlfriend came over and cleaned their house (or apartment?).  The performer confronted her about it and she said something along the lines of when she cleans her own place she had just cleaned her own place, but when she cleans his place she has not only cleaned his place, but also helped someone else.  I wish I could remember who/what I was watching, but my memory is failing me on this one.  I once had a near-photographic memory (destroyed by 1½ years on lithium for something I didn't have), but now my memory is like this massive ancient library but someone has shuffled all the index cards in the catalog.  The information is in there, but it often takes forever to recall it.

Standards Agreed Upon: Cross-MOD Compatibility Up

Those of us who add sexual endowment characteristics systems to our MODs ( @dewguru @Abominus @Liqui Turtle @genericlogin @noxbestia ) have decided to adopt a common standard for our genital trait assignments.  Eventually, we will all be using the same trait names, variable names, and scale for our sexual characteristics.  All five of us support breast sizes.  The rest of us also support dick size.  From there, different ones of us add different body parts we support. 

This is the same thing I have been talking about the past week, but now it is agreed upon.  :smile:  

On 1/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, noxbestia said:

Unofficial Endowment Standard Adopted

As I have been discussing, I have decided to embrace a single naming convention for endowment traits.  All 32 of my endowment traits have been renamed to <size>_<trait>, just like the breast traits in Christianity MOD (and Dark World Reborn).  I chopped the nox_ prefix off of all of them in hopes that more of the moders who use their own endowment systems will accept this naming convention and improve cross-compatibility.  Regardless, for NDPA I still have the rules-based option of using mine, @dewguru's, or @Liqui Turtle's trait naming systems so as to maintain compatibility with those mods.  Credit to @genericlogin, of course, for unintentionally inspiring me to do everything this way.

FYI: The variables are set for a value of "0" for micro to "7" for gigantic, which is compatible with all in-use systems I know about. 

variable: ass_size      variable: balls_size    variable: breast_size   variable: dick_size
    micro_ass               micro_balls             micro_tits              micro_dick
    tiny_ass                tiny_balls              tiny_tits               tiny_dick
    small_ass               small_balls             small_tits              small_dick
    regular_ass             regular_balls           regular_tits            regular_dick
    big_ass                 big_balls               big_tits                big_dick      
    huge_ass                huge_balls              huge_tits               huge_dick
    enormous_ass            enormous_balls          enormous_tits           enormous_dick
    gigantic_ass            gigantic_balls          gigantic_tits           gigantic_dick

A Useful Status Update?

As you know, I have been doing a lot of work to make sure that NDPA will eventually be compatible with as many other systems as possible.  Part of that was totally rebuilding the core trait framework, which I finished recently.  Another part was the adoption of the trait standards I mentioned in my last post.  Currently, NDPA (by itself) is "functional" and passes the validator checks I am most concerned about, though without much content at all.  (I have disabled the Night Wolf invasion and Pack Inheritance system for now.) 

The less than optimal news is that when I add "NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions" back into the mix, and select "Events" in the validator, I am down to a mere 11,436 lines of error (or potentially 4,000 things broken).  Believe it or not, this is a MAJOR improvement from last weekend when there was over 30,000 lines of errors.

I'm sorry that I still can't give you an estimate as to when I'll have the next version uploaded, but I am making steady progress on the mess and I have solved a lot of the old bugs that were haunting me.  I have also added in (untested) support for optionally using @Mr_Treason's "Lock Up Your Daughters!", @zia's "Dark World - Slavery Expanded", @Liqui Turtle's "Turtle's Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff: DW ETOS", and @Abominus's "ALoHa - Abos Lovers of Harems".

For those of you who have Sons of Abraham DLC (which according to the nubmer in my poll is the vast majority of you), I have copied and modified the Jewish events for a sexualized variant called "Yiffish."  This even includes a new holy order called "The Claws of Sheba" and a Kohenet Gadol (High Priestess) of the Yiffish faith.

Since more people seem(?) to like it than dislike it, I will continue to post on what advances (and setbacks) I experience.

EDIT: Tonight was a pretty good night of cleanup.  I dropped the error count lines from 11,436 to 7,129.  

Minor Status Update

It has been a very productive day.  At this time, I have cleared out almost all of the 7,000+ lines of validator errors I was reporting last night.  There are a couple dozen minor or false errors still remaining that I am ignoring.  I must note that yesterday and today I was only searching "on_actions," "events," and "decisions and laws" categories for errors as those are the most critical things keeping me from getting NDPA online. 

The next step is starting to get some of the removed functionality back since it doesn't really feel like Darkest Perversions yet.  Unfortunately, I went more than a little crazy commenting out mass sections of code three months ago, and then once again not too long ago.

There is one other thing that might end up holding back a new upload of everything: I am developing against an unreleased version of Dark World Reborn.  If I were to upload what I have now and you were to run it against the current version then anything in Dark World that checked or changed penis size would definitely be broken.  Of course there is every possibility that @dewguru will have the necessary version of Dark World released before I am even ready to upload, so don't let this worry you too much.  :smile: 

17 hours ago, jeffg2496 said:

Are you still working on the house of discretion? I love that part of the mod but would like to be able to use every decision

I looked at the House of Discretion and it is currently broken. :frown:    The stable mistress is generating but the stud and mare are not.  Probably something simple but I haven't had a chance to dig deeper.  When I do, I'll see about turning the werewolf events back on and maybe a couple of other things but right now that is a lower priority than getting the core fully working again.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:18 PM, noxbestia said:

Of course there is every possibility that @dewguru will have the necessary version of Dark World released before I am even ready to upload, so don't let this worry you too much.  :smile: 

I'm still looking good for getting a release out before the end of January. Anything more concrete than that isn't possible to say at the moment though.

When are you thinking you'll have an update out?

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I'm still looking good for getting a release out before the end of January. Anything more concrete than that isn't possible to say at the moment though.

When are you thinking you'll have an update out?

My MOD has been down for months, so I am trying to get it at least partially functional.  I may even have a new preview/testing release as soon as this weekend, just so people have a shadow of Darkest Perversions to play around with.  If I do that, I'll figure out what to do to make it work with the current version of Dark World that is publically available. 

Or, only with your permission, I could include with my upload the private development version of DWR.  Since I don't know what errors may have been introduced into it by the new code, I'm afraid that might cause you bug reports from people who don't realize and understand (because they wont read!) that it is an unreleased and unsupported version.

Status Update: The State of Decisions

Here is a combined list of all of the decisions in NDPA that will be in the next release.  They are mostly for player-initiated events and actions.  Many of them are flagged as *DEAD* but don't worry.  In most cases, that just means they are temporarily disabled until I get back to working on that part of the system.  Many of them have always been disabled in uploaded releases, and a few of them are just references I copied from something else and haven't removed.

1. NoxBestia's Amazon Arousal
    1. *ALL* decisions and events are disabled at this time, pending reworking
  2. Miscellaneous Decisions:
    1. *DEAD* nox_asks_for_random_spouse_swap (favor)
    2. *DEAD* nox_make_breeder
    3. *DEAD* nox_revoke_breeder
  3. Game Control Decisions
    1. clear_dead_children
    2. introduce_to_lilith
    3. nox_auto_whore_ON_decision
    4. nox_auto_whore_OFF_decision
    5. *DEAD* desperata_incursio (rescue a game when you are unlanded)
  4. Bestiality and Anthropomorphic (Furry) Sex
    1. *DEAD* nox_buy_guard_dog
    2. *DEAD* nox_doggy-style
    3. NoxBeast (Visit the Hall of Discretion)
    4. use_werewolf_bitch
    5. use_omega_male
    6. male_stable_participation
    7. *DEAD* nox_see_yiffy_dog
    8. *DEAD* dw_dog_procreo
    9. *DEAD* nox_dwt_dog_procreo_male
    10. *DEAD* noxwolf_change_pack_leadership
  5. Sexual Actions, Sexual Prisoner Abuse, and Rape
    1. futa_fuck
    2. yiffics_yiff (possibly broken but still enabled)
    3. beastBred_eat_prisoner
    4. *DEAD* beastBred_fuck_subject
    5. *DEAD* beastBred_make_new_potty
    6. *DEAD* beastBred_make_new_urinal
    7. *DEAD* nox_gather_seed (incubus & succubus)
    8. *DEAD* nox_sexual_royal_pardon
    9. *DEAD* nox_wants_sex (potential to rape target)
    10. *DEAD* NoxSexualManipulationMenu
  6. Sexual Religion Decisions
    1. restore_yiffish_high_priesthood
    2. expel_claws_of_sheba
    3. yiffish_expel_zealots (base CK2 decision won't work for yiffish)
    4. donate_money_to_the_claws_of_sheba
    5. employ_divine_prostitute
    6. create_yiffic_papacy (probably broken at this time)
    7. *DEAD* dominate_christianity (like mending the schism but not)
    8. *DEAD* nox_temple_whore (midnight supernatural breeding)
  7. Society System
    1. *ALL* decisions and events are disabled at this time, pending reworking
  8. Testing and Debugging Commands (aka CHEATING)
    1. yiffish_playtesting_setup
    2. *DEAD* generate_test_breeders
    3. nox_DEBUG_imprison (imprison any character in the game)
    4. *DEAD* NOXtest_fuck
    5. *DEAD* NOXtest_sexChange (a pipe dream that will never work)
    6. *DEAD* NoxFuckMe
    7. *DEAD* NoxIsFemale

If any of this changes by the time I upload, I'll make a copy of this and put it in the announcement.

"Wolf Mother?" Event Updated

My only fully completed component of Darkest Perversions was the g-rated Wolf Mother? childhood event chain.  It has been updated and the framework has been expanded to add an optional first sexual encounter with your 4-legged mom.  If you have accepted her then it should trigger at age 16 or 17 (or when both "nox_is_old_enough" and "nox_is_sexually_developed" triggers are met.)  You can either accept your mother's advances or reject them.  Either way it is a 1-time event so you would be hounded by it.

Please note that I said the framework is there.  However, the event text has not been written yet due to me still fighting some badly bruised feelings from some things someone said to me in a discord chat last night.  Regardless, I hope to have the event text written (with 6 variants covering [male, female, or futa] and [werrewolf/Night Wolf or human] and maybe even a couple of images for it if I can get myself out of this funk.

2 hours ago, noxbestia said:

My MOD has been down for months, so I am trying to get it at least partially functional.  I may even have a new preview/testing release as soon as this weekend, just so people have a shadow of Darkest Perversions to play around with.  If I do that, I'll figure out what to do to make it work with the current version of Dark World that is publically available. 

Or, only with your permission, I could include with my upload the private development version of DWR.  Since I don't know what errors may have been introduced into it by the new code, I'm afraid that might cause you bug reports from people who don't realize and understand (because they wont read!) that it is an unreleased and unsupported version.

I'd rather avoid your private development version - as I made alterations to what you sent me, so it's not the same regardless.

I could have it in a state where I can release it this weekend, as it'd just mean less artifacts for the Exotic Emporium, but meh, I'm pretty well known for leaving more to be done later.

19 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I'd rather avoid your private development version - as I made alterations to what you sent me, so it's not the same regardless.

I could have it in a state where I can release it this weekend, as it'd just mean less artifacts for the Exotic Emporium, but meh, I'm pretty well known for leaving more to be done later.

That would be cool if you do!  However, I can't promise mine will be ready so I hate to rush you and then maybe not meet my end of things.  Though technically, I think I could upload mine again even right now, but there would still be a lot of stuff not working I was hoping to have working before I upload.

I'll leave it up to you, sir.  :smile:

Poll Results

About 3½ weeks ago I put up a poll to find out what DLC people didn't have.  Looking at the results, the majority of responders (55%) have all DLC except Jade Dragon.  Of the rest of the DLC, as expected, the next lowest owned one is Sunset Invasion, and that is only 7% of the responders not having it.  Here is as snapshot of the Poll as of right now:

5a6b66d438807_DLCPollStatus.thumb.png.7b64f860bc4e8145b5735d95bb09db5f.png

19 hours ago, noxbestia said:

That would be cool if you do!  However, I can't promise mine will be ready so I hate to rush you and then maybe not meet my end of things.  Though technically, I think I could upload mine again even right now, but there would still be a lot of stuff not working I was hoping to have working before I upload.

I'll leave it up to you, sir.  :smile:

Right now I should be able to post it tomorrow night (Saturday night - US CST). If you think you're not going to be ready for this weekend, let me know as I'll simply hold off and continue to add more artifacts with plans to post it on Monday night instead.

Sucky Trait Icons

Sometimes I can make decent trait icos and sometimes attempt after attempt fails.  So, with shame, I present to you the 8 icons for ass size.  It is my hope that maybe one of you can find or make something better, otherwise... 

ass_icons.thumb.png.989753613fb83b52c79760d148df46e0.png

You don't even want to see the failed attempts prior to these!

22 hours ago, dewguru said:

Right now I should be able to post it tomorrow night (Saturday night - US CST). If you think you're not going to be ready for this weekend, let me know as I'll simply hold off and continue to add more artifacts with plans to post it on Monday night instead.

I'll hold my next one until you put yours out.  That will give me more time to fix more things.

EDIT: @dewguru I jsut thought of something: if you go ahead and release your tonight, then I will have tomorrow to work on fixing any urgent game-shattering errors found.  If not, then I'll have work next week and urgent breakfixes may be delayed.

9 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Sucky Trait Icons

Sometimes I can make decent trait icos and sometimes attempt after attempt fails.  So, with shame, I present to you the 8 icons for ass size.  It is my hope that maybe one of you can find or make something better, otherwise... 

ass_icons.thumb.png.989753613fb83b52c79760d148df46e0.png

You don't even want to see the failed attempts prior to these!

Those aren't bad at all actually, at least to me. They are just icons, so it isn't like most people are gonna look super carefully at them and look at every single detail and walk around a museum commenting on them lol :tongue: . But they look nice still anyway to me, I actually rather like those.

I don't actually think there are icons like that for butts (or breasts I don't think either maybe that can be a future thing, or maybe its been too long and I forgot) in the version I played in the past, so that'll be a nice addition

46 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

Those aren't bad at all actually, at least to me. They are just icons, so it isn't like most people are gonna look super carefully at them and look at every single detail and walk around a museum commenting on them lol :tongue: . But they look nice still anyway to me, I actually rather like those.

I don't actually think there are icons like that for butts (or breasts I don't think either maybe that can be a future thing, or maybe its been too long and I forgot) in the version I played in the past, so that'll be a nice addition

Dark World uses a "cup size" letter for breast size.  ALoHa has breast, ball, and penis icons that I will be using with kind permission from @Abominus, but some are missing.  For missing ones, I'll double up on icons for now.  For instance, micro_tits, tiny_tits, and nox_pre_pubertal_breasts will all use the tits_tiny.dds icon and both enormous_dick and garguantuan_dick will use the dick_horse.dds icon, and so on.

Nice. Just maake sure that when you assign traits, variables values are already in place, since an unset variable will behave ashaving a value of 0, which in turn would

If I may give my two cents, probably using the same base images for all traits of the same body part, and denoting the sizes with a small number (like vanilla's virtues and vices) or dots (like vanilla's education traits) would probably be better IMHO.

1 hour ago, ngppgn said:

Nice. Just maake sure that when you assign traits, variables values are already in place, since an unset variable will behave ashaving a value of 0, which in turn would

If I may give my two cents, probably using the same base images for all traits of the same body part, and denoting the sizes with a small number (like vanilla's virtues and vices) or dots (like vanilla's education traits) would probably be better IMHO.

I've seen them done both ways and while it may be visually more accurate at a glance, I dislike the numbering and dots systems.  It is just a style preference (and as you can see, I have none :tongue: )

Upcoming Upload Commentary

Sometime between today and early next week, mostly depending on the next release of Dark World Reborn, I will be uploading a new version of my work.

The current focus has been to return Darkest Perversions to a state of usability, so this will be a bastardized, frankenstein-like mashup of my old Darkest Perversions and NDPA.  Unfortunately, this release will not include any of the compatibility modules that will eventually be used to make it work with AGOT, CK2Plus, HIP, etc, save for the one for Dark World Reborn.  In fact, it will still require Dark World Reborn to function properly.

I already posted a list of decisions that are currently disabled.

Most of my custom races will exist, but a lot of their unique events and decisions will not be in place in this version.  This will be most painfully noticeable with the amazon races and for those of you anticipating the new mechanics for Night Wolves.  Most of the code will actually be in there, but a lot of it is commented out so I can ignore errors in it and focus on getting something working online.

The trap family events are currently disabled as they need considerable work; however, if you are playing an arab race becoming a trap will still get the female appearance.

There is some new event content, but not a lot.  Most of the new content is on hold like everything else, just so I can get something working back online.  One totally new thing that is included and mostly working as intended (with the exception of some of the graphics I have for it) is the sexualized version of Judaism, called Yiffish.  

I expect a lot of error reports the first few days after this is uploaded, and I will do my best to address them and get updated files or even full versions posted to fix them.  After this, I am hoping to get back to uploading regular updates every couple of weeks or at least monthly.