[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 12/19/2017 at 8:45 AM, Penor said:

2.8.1 was supposed to have fixed it, and i havent seen any event troops around tibet or whatever (except the ones given to people by the western protectorate).

Thank you for replying.  That is encouraging to know they seem to have it fixed.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:37 PM, throwawawy19 said:

Nox, have you thought about hosting your mod on github or something? You might get some people who want to pitch in.

I have somewhat avoided this topic for a couple of reasons.  The biggest one is that I learned how to program back in the mid-80's to mid-90's and I still have not learned to use a managed repository such as that.  Even though I have a bachelor degree in programming, I have spent most of my career in server administration with any coding/scripting on the side and mostly on my own.

I have considered setting up Google Drive on my main coding/gaming PC and using it for collaborative access to the mod files, since I am very familiar with it and have used it for collaborative writing many times.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, veedanya said:

I would. I already help debug a few mods around here.

But back on topic, I'd like to recommend you avoid overriding base game files when they're not necessary to the mod. For example, your mod includes files to override every law, every government type, ever minor title, etc. It creates a lot of unnecessary conflicts with other mods when you do.

If you want to edit particular sections of a file that actually need to be modified by your mod (e.g., one particular government, or one particular title), it's not necessary that your mod includes the file containing every government or every title from the base game. The game will instead intelligently try to merge and add whatever governments or titles are not included in your mod.

Also, a few others issues:

- You messed up setting the fertility for standard/average sized balls. You have "fertility = 1", which is +100% fertility above the norm (the same bonus as huge balls). Delete that line if you want average balls to not an impact on fertility

- The bonuses from larger balls are game breaking in terms of balance. DW mods already adds a lot of fertility mods to the game, boosting it far above the intended rate. But throwing in a +150% fertility bonus that characters are almost guaranteed to inherit? (Compare this to the +25% you get from having the biggest penis trait in DW). And a +80 sex appeal bonus to boot? (Which further stacks with other sexual traits).  

- The ghostfucker perk. Produces tons and tons of new character but... why? Is there any added benefit for the game that offsets the bloating and slowdown from the population explosion?

1) Agreed.  From the start, I have been approaching NDPA with the viewpoint of overriding as little as possible for maximum cross-mod compatibility.  Some of this approach will even drift backwards into Darkest Perversions for stuff that hasn't been migrated to NDPA.  I have made a few posts on this in the past, but who knows where they got buried in this.

2) The fertility bonuses are way off.  I haven't even looked to see what the latest changes have done to them.

3) The ghostfucker perk was supposed to be more of a curse that once you got you couldn't get rid of.  However, I fully agree that it is horribly unbalanced as it currently sits and that needs changed.

On 12/25/2017 at 3:12 AM, jeffg2496 said:

Is all the dlc still required for this mod to work?

At this point I can only say give it a try.  The "Way of the Gods" DLC is almost certainly required.  I have no idea what not having "Legacy of Rome" will break, but I do directly call some of those events in the current version of Darkest Perversions.  What DLC do you NOT have?

On 12/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, noxbestia said:

I'll give it some thought.  :smile:

After giving it some thought, I have not yet figured out how to make this compatible with my planned lore, but I have not abandoned the idea.

Mary, Mother of Jesus, did not approve of her son's wild & crazy days, out of which the Yiffic faith grew.  Over the centuries they still are at odds over it and Mary will (eventually) be coded to actively support the Orthodox church in an attempt to destroy the Yiffic beliefs.  Still, I may come up with a lore-friendly way to ahve an Orthodox heresy that ignores the word of the living "mother of God."  

Mechanically, what would you like to see in such a heresy?

Is there a DP lore specific reason that catholics can engage in incest and have female priests, etc, or is it a side-effect of toska compatibility?

If I undo those changes for my own use will it break the mod in anyway or contradict other possible events?  (I'm not using toska's mod atm)

3 hours ago, Spoink said:

Is there a DP lore specific reason that catholics can engage in incest and have female priests, etc, or is it a side-effect of toska compatibility?

If I undo those changes for my own use will it break the mod in anyway or contradict other possible events?  (I'm not using toska's mod atm)

Toska Compatibility.  I copied his modified Catholicism and made 1 or 2 changes.  I should have removed them when I created the Yiffic church but I did not.  removing it should not beak anything, but I have not tested this to be sure.

CK2 Without DLC?

As an experiment, I loaded CK2 onto my new laptop last night... but without ANY of the DLC installed (not simply deselected).  That was a weird gaming experience, but also brought back memories of when I was first playing the game before the Charlemagne DLC was released.  I threw up a couple of quick MODs.  One gave me and older start date, which worked.  The other added a new religion group and two new religions.  That partially worked.  I was able to play as either of the new religions but because I didn't have the Sword of Islam installed I couldn't have multiple wives.  My kids could though!  It was the same with concubines and not having The Old Gods.

Watching my poll, I see that so far The Old Gods is winning as the DLC that the fewest people are missing.  Way of Life is coming in second.  From the older DLC, out of the 49 people who have replied so far, it would seem that The Republic and Sunset Invasion are the most skipped.  Of that, I am not surprised at all.  In recent memory, every time I tried to play as a merchant my play ended up abruptly coming to an end at succession, and a lot of people just don't like the fantasy premise of Sunset Invasion.  

Out of the 49 who have responded so far, the majority (as in >50%) have all of the DLC.  The most missed DLC is Jade Dragon.  I am guessing a lot of people are waiting for it to show up on a 75% off steam sale or something.  I can't say that I blame you for that.  I have paid way too much money for CK2 DLC... but then with as many hours as I have logged in the game, I have definitely gotten my money's worth for all of it but Jade Dragon (only because of not having had time to really enjoy it yet).

So what does this mean for my modding?  Nothing yet, but in a couple of weeks I'll take a hard look at the poll results and then I expect I will flag some of the DLC as ones to avoid using, or at least have alternate code in place for those who don't have them.  Until then, I'll get my ass back to work getting NDPA and DW:Darkest Perversions updated to CK2 v2.8.1.1.

EDIT:  Here is a copy of the AGOT team's list of DLC and what features you would miss in AGOT by not having them:

Spoiler

----------------------
[2] DLC Compatibility
----------------------
The mod should run fine no matter which DLC is enabled/disabled. 

However some of the DLC does add content to the mod, here is an overview:

Expansions
[*] The Sword of Islam: Adds only the ability for the player to have multiple wives as a character of the Valyrian religion.
[*] Legacy of Rome: Adds castration and blinding capability as well as a couple of flavour events. It does NOT add retinues.
[*] The Republic: Allows the Merchant Republic realms to be played, namely the Free Cities, Meereen, Yunkai, Astapor, Ibben, Asshai and the Guilds of Qarth. These realms will still be active even without the DLC.
[*] The Old Gods: Enables the concubine system for Drowned God, Dornish, Pirate, Eastern characters and others (Pre-DLC system will be used if not enabled). Also adds much flavour, including beserkers, adventurers, new rebels and runestones. Raiding is available for drowned god, wildlings, pirates and others even without this DLC.
[*] Sons of Abraham: Enables the council of the Most Devout and their election of the High Septon. Also adds many religious flavour events, including various Holy Order events/decisions.
[*] Rajas of India: Adds flavour to various far eastern cultures, including tiger hunts, gurus, reincarnation events and other flavour events.
[*] Charlemagne: Adds the chronicle, custom kingdoms (exisiting titular kingdoms are still available without DLC) and a 'hero knight' flavour event
[*] Way of life: Enables the focus system, allowing a ruler to pick any of the foci available with all associated events decisions. Seduction focus replaces 'visit chambers' interaction when DLC is enabled
[*] Horse Lords: Adds the nomad mechanics for Dothraki/Jogos Nhai (DLC now required to play these), landless adventurer mechanics for Ironborn, the wolf flavour events and land trade routes.
[*] Conclave: Adds the enhanced council/favour mechanics, new education focus system, dynamic mercenaries plus other misc flavour
[*] The Reaper's Due: Adds improved epimedic and illness mechanics, including hospitals and court physician treatment events. Adds prosperity and depopulation, as well as other flavour events.
[*] Monks and Mystics: Adds the devil worshiper societies (needs to be activated via game rules), crown jewell/weapon artefacts and new councillor job actions. Also add the paid quality of life features- allied AI orders and the improved child naming/prisoner interfaces

Other DLC
[*] Ruler Designer: Fully compatible with the mod
[*] Customiser: Fully compatible with the mod
[*] EU4 Converter: Not compatible
[*] Music Packs: The mod's soundtrack currently overrides them, however deleting "A Game of Thrones/music/songs.txt" will re-enable vanilla music
[*] West African Unit Pack/Portraits: Used for the Summer Islanders, Basilisk Islanders and Sothoryos
[*] East African Unit Pack/Portraits: Used for the Naathi
[*] Mongol Portraits: Used for the Nefer and Yi Ti
[*] Turkish Portraits/units: Used for Lengi
[*] Spanish Portraits/units: Used for Moraqi
[*] Celtic Portraits/units: Used for Ibbenese
[*] All other Face/Unit Packs: Not used
[*] Dynasty Coat of Arms Packs: Not used
[*] Sunset Invasion: Some things may happen if enabled...

NoxTools - Graphic Events Added

Thanks to a little prodding and some updated information provided by @ngppgn I have updated my larger event window and made it its own window type.  This will further increase compatibility with unrelated MODs.  I have uploaded it with this mod as a tool for other modders to use should they wish to do so. 

(Eventually it will get moved to my own modding tools topic, whenever I make it.)

EDIT: Yay!  I finally made a bit of progress with my MOD today!!!

I was hoping to clean up some kludgy code of mine with the new ability to actually use variables with commands, but variables are doubles and the commands I need to use them with require integers.  Ah well, I tried.

On to fixing other things...

10 hours ago, noxbestia said:

I was hoping to clean up some kludgy code of mine with the new ability to actually use variables with commands, but variables are doubles and the commands I need to use them with require integers.  Ah well, I tried.

On to fixing other things...

Does that not work? One would expect that, say, change_leaening = myvar would use the "integer part" and feed that to rhw command.

8 hours ago, ngppgn said:

Does that not work? One would expect that, say, change_leaening = myvar would use the "integer part" and feed that to rhw command.

I my case I was trying to use:

random = {

chance = myvar

...stuff...

}

EDIT:

I even tried something like this as a test:

set_variable = { which = ZORK value = 100 }
        random = {
            chance = ZORK
            ...stuff...
        }

Yeah, vars don't work for things like chance, modifiers factors and so on, but work fine for normal effects that expect integers.

However, for that case, there's an obscure "random" trigger that accepts vars. So you can do if = { limit = { random < myvar } <do stuff> } to achieve a similar result. 

The random = x trigger draws a random number between 0 and 99 (IIRC) and compares that to the provided value. If the comparison holds the trigger returns true.

55 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

Yeah, vars don't work for things like chance, modifiers factors and so on, but work fine for normal effects that expect integers.

However, for that case, there's an obscure "random" trigger that accepts vars. So you can do if = { limit = { random < myvar } <do stuff> } to achieve a similar result. 

The random = x trigger draws a random number between 0 and 99 (IIRC) and compares that to the provided value. If the comparison holds the trigger returns true.

Thank you for that information!

In this case, I finally gave up and just made use of the new if/else mechanics in 5% increments.  It is still significantly better than the original code I had, but not as nice as I would have liked.  

On 11/20/2017 at 9:20 PM, noxbestia said:

Noxy's Impossible Breeding -- Now With Correct DNA!!!

The code that I was talking about 1½ months ago has been cleaned up, updated, and re-mixed with my old advanced breeding code.  It is now in its own set of scripting tools.  This is primarily for use with NDPA (and thus Darkest Perversions) but it is also written so that any other MODder can use it in their code.  For other modders it can be as simple as calling a single scripted effect to as complicated as any combination of the over 20 individual scripts that make the whole thing up.  Also, in keeping with my theme of maximum compatibility, the new pregnancy scripts are written in such a way that they should work with any other MOD in place.

Bit by bit I am getting this mess updated and usable again.

I am having a bit of trouble with the incontinent trait. Pretty much every female character I play as ends up with this trait by age 30-ish. Out of say 6 female characters 5 have it by 30-35 years old. Is this a bug or is it intended this way? What are the triggers for getting this trait? For me I seem to get this via giving birth, maybe too many times in a short period. Is there an in-game way to heal this?(or a console command) To clarify I get the anal version, not the bladder one, but I don't really have anal sex often, so I'm a bit confused.