[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

13 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Many things can cause the lag, and it very well could be some of my stuff, but that one may be hard to narrow down unless we can find some commonality causing it.

Yeah I figured it would be hard. It's just odd that it set on all of a sudden, and it hangs up every 5-10 days for a few seconds.

Also the portrait strips didn't fix the problem.

Basically the issue is that all of the icons show up as a cut off version of some other religion, so for example what I saw this time around for germanic pagan was half of the zoroastrian heresy symbol.

14 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Don't put a warning, that would just have people to never use that choice. But killing off all the dynasty members is a bit brutal, isn't it?

It is indeed brutal, but it is also completely avoidable.  Should you go through the door, you are in a "room" that can lead to numerous different sex scenes and several good outcomes.  Death only happens with certain unwise choices.  Only the poorest choice of all unwise choices leads to a random list with 3 possible outcomes.  One of them is a certain game over event that wipes out the player and their dynasty.  One leads to the birth of a new child but then the death of the player.  One leads to the player becoming incapable and needing a regent for the rest of their days.  Some players may never want to take the risk and thus not experience the possible events, but others will risk it.  Also, being in the "Hall of Discretion" means that even getting the option is completely player initiated.

BTW, here is the (draft) text that goes before the warning:

A strange and sickly green light can be seen from under the door.  As you reach for the handle something tells you that you should not have come there.  It is as if eyes within the dark are watching.  You feel the sudden chill of danger.  Something tells you to just keep on walking. 

39 minutes ago, Penor said:

B is the better choice. "...choices may cause your bloodline to vanish into history." is just much better than some non-immersive warning :V

I agree it is more immersive, but a wee bit more obscure for someone who hasn't read this part of the forum.  I do like immersive though.

14 minutes ago, Bah! said:

Yeah I figured it would be hard. It's just odd that it set on all of a sudden, and it hangs up every 5-10 days for a few seconds.

Also the portrait strips didn't fix the problem.

Basically the issue is that all of the icons show up as a cut off version of some other religion, so for example what I saw this time around for germanic pagan was half of the zoroastrian heresy symbol.

Okay, then that means I need to make an overwrite file and have you add that in as well.  Not too much of a problem once I get home.  Should have it ready for you in about 5 hours.

children.thumb.PNG.180350b5be46a13fed4a8b9193b32f32.PNG

i found out why my game performance has degraded to a crawl, that is with an 8700k running at 5.2ghz :V He's not the only one. There's about 6000 children with the "Daughter of Sheba" trait.

The Court in Blemmya has  2800 members. 1800 of those are inprisoned. 

And every time i save and reload, the event that gives everyone the gardener trait checks every single character. seems to happen every few days after that too.

4 hours ago, noxbestia said:

And now for the big shameful one.  I owe @Abominus a MAJOR apology.  Somehow I ended up copying in a lot of wrong versions of my localisation files and lost at least half of the German translations he did for me.  Hopefully I can find all of them and put them back in.  I'm gonna call this a WIP rather than a big, but I'll list it in the bug tracker for this release anyway.

Most of the translation is still anywhere on my harddrive, so everything will be fine :).

24 minutes ago, Penor said:

children.thumb.PNG.180350b5be46a13fed4a8b9193b32f32.PNG

i found out why my game performance has degraded to a crawl, that is with an 8700k running at 5.2ghz :V He's not the only one. There's about 6000 children with the "Daughter of Sheba" trait.

Oh my!  Something is definitely wrong because I tested that script over and over before releasing version 1.  In all my tests as soon as there were at least 13 females with that trait and dynasty they stopped breeding.  

only_women = yes

trigger = {
		dynasty = 5300
	}

# this happens yearly, but dire situations can cause it to fire more often
	mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 9
		modifier = {
			factor = 0
			any_dynasty_member = {
				count >= 13
				trait = daughter_of_sheba
				is_female = yes
				age <= 33
				is_alive = yes
			}
		}

The only thing I can think of is that for some strange reason none of the females are being born bastards and thus the system isn't changing their dynasty to 5300 and keeps firing off the event.

32 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

Oh my!  Something is definitely wrong because I tested that script over and over before releasing version 1.  In all my tests as soon as there were at least 13 females with that trait and dynasty they stopped breeding.  

only_women = yes

trigger = {
		dynasty = 5300
	}

# this happens yearly, but dire situations can cause it to fire more often
	mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 9
		modifier = {
			factor = 0
			any_dynasty_member = {
				count >= 13
				trait = daughter_of_sheba
				is_female = yes
				age <= 33
				is_alive = yes
			}
		}

The only thing I can think of is that for some strange reason none of the females are being born bastards and thus the system isn't changing their dynasty to 5300 and keeps firing off the event.

Hm.... Suggestion: move that to the yearly pulse - and besides, the modifier with factor 0 should insted be (negated) in the trigger. Also pretty sure any_dynasty_member only picks living members so is_alive is redundant.

2 hours ago, Penor said:

Also having the issue that on every new game start or save load, the gardener event pops for about 80% of the world population. everyone is an aspiring gardener lol.

You did delete the old versions right?  And you aren't trying to run the original NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions also?  I had that when I first tried to put Darkest Perversions into NDPA, but then I commented out all of those events so that should only happen if some older file is setting them off.

yeah, running DW1.61 and NDPA with the DW supplement as the only mods.

been running further tests about the incredible drop of gamespeed: it only slows down when i save and reload the game. running a game as the count of malta and its still pretty much the same speed 150 years into the game. gardener event still fires on every reload, and on the third reload its down to about 5 days per minute.

1 minute ago, bicobus said:

Does the court rapist actually has something to "rape"? Could it be changed to "court breeder" for sanity sake?

The title of "court rapist" was to be used with the sexual intimidation and manipulation stuff that I back burnered.  Those events were also tied to the brutal_rapist and brutal_raped traits.

3 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

The title of "court rapist" was to be used with the sexual intimidation and manipulation stuff that I back burnered.  Those events were also tied to the brutal_rapist and brutal_raped traits.

So it does nothing except for improving relations?

Anyhow having a breeder and a flock of fertile slaves would be great to develop a certain race.

5 minutes ago, Penor said:

yeah, running DW1.61 and NDPA with the DW supplement as the only mods.

Okay, at some point I must have reactivated the events because they are not commented out.  I don't remember doing that, but I'll upload a hotfix for that one tonight.

27 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

Hm.... Suggestion: move that to the yearly pulse - and besides, the modifier with factor 0 should insted be (negated) in the trigger. Also pretty sure any_dynasty_member only picks living members so is_alive is redundant.

Thank you.  I originally chose MTTH to help make sure that the dynasty never died out by having it trigger more often if the numbers got really low, so I might leave MTTH checks there, but I'll definitely move the "factor = 0" check into the trigger as you suggest.

8 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

Thank you.  I originally chose MTTH to help make sure that the dynasty never died out by having it trigger more often if the numbers got really low, so I might leave MTTH checks there, but I'll definitely move the "factor = 0" check into the trigger as you suggest.

If you want to ensure there are at least N members of the dynasty alive you could always make an on_death event thst fired for members of said dynasty - though now that I think of it, I' m not sure if courtiers pruned by the engine go through on_death.

1 minute ago, Zyrken said:

image.png.fa9d6ab4f96e5246a8c474c9b0d69c58.png
Well now something's not quite right. Not sure what though :confused:

That is a bug for sure.  At first glance, I would assume you are running NDPA without DWR and the NDPA Dark World Compatibility Module.  That should be the only reason that would happen like that, but I'll go though the decision again (and make sure it is moved to the NDPA Dark World Compatibility Module since the events that go with it are moved there as well.

2 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

That is a bug for sure.  At first glance, I would assume you are running NDPA without DWR and the NDPA Dark World Compatibility Module.  That should be the only reason that would happen like that, but I'll go though the decision again (and make sure it is moved to the NDPA Dark World Compatibility Module since the events that go with it are moved there as well.

Will check it again but it should be with the module. That is if I installed it right. I am using DWR though so either it's something with the decision or I messed up with the compatibility module.

7 minutes ago, ngppgn said:

If you want to ensure there are at least N members of the dynasty alive you could always make an on_death event thst fired for members of said dynasty - though now that I think of it, I' m not sure if courtiers pruned by the engine go through on_death.

I don't think they do either, but I'm not sure.  Plus you may only have 2 or 3 alive in the world at any given start date so on_death isn't the best mechanic, I wouldn't think.  I may alter the scripting to force children born by this mechanic to be of Dynasty 5300 rather than wait for bastards to be caught at age 13 and have their dynasty changed.  I get bit every time I leave something to chance and trust in other mechanics to just work as I expect them too.  Bullet-proofing vs. elegance & efficiency.  /laughs

3 minutes ago, Zyrken said:

Will check it again but it should be with the module. That is if I installed it right. I am using DWR though so either it's something with the decision or I messed up with the compatibility module.

Make sure when you fire the game you have the compatibility module selected in the list of mods, along with NDPA itself and DWR.  Because NDPA will run with DWR without the compatibility module, just some things will be broken.