[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

1 hour ago, Anieu said:

When do you suppose I should expect more content added to the "House of Discretion"? 

I have a lot of code to clean up in the werewolf dungeon.  I started on that today.  As I cleanup code, I am often inspired to write content, so chances are much better than before.  However, my muse is a fickle little bitch and I can't trust hir to stay on target.  Night Wolves and Kitsune (when functioning properly) will almost certainly will be joining the werewolf dungeon, and possibly even some sentient animals.  

53 minutes ago, Bah! said:

I don't know why, but with this mod active I'm experiencing a high degree of attrition, and even my game locking up when I begin besieging a coastal province called "Assab" in Ethiopia.

I'm also getting graphics glitches with the religion icons. I'm guessing this mod isn't stable to be used with other mods that add religions such as ancient religions?

edit: The game is actually locking up in a given time past a certain point. I would share the save, but I'm also using some custom mods, and plenty of others, although the only ones I could think would be interfering would be shattered world, and ancient religions.

This definitely is not compatible with anything that changes religions unless I have written a compatibility module for it.  As for the other stuff, I can only guess what might be conflicting with it; however, I have not seen the behavior you describe in any games that are just my mod and CK2 vanilla or my mod plus Dark World and enhanced slavery.

49 minutes ago, Silmarion said:

It seems to have scrambled the various county, duchy, kingdom and empire coat of arms. I'm also experiencing a great deal of slowdown about 100 years in.

I haven't had time to run a game of my own 100 years in yet; however, I have noted a lot with CK2 that after a time you should save, exit, and then start the game backup and load.  This is especially true with mods running.  If you have my cheat mode turned on (off by default in the rules) and use the Roman Empire cheat, it will perform horribly, and the cheat event warns about that.

In my test games I was not seeing any coats of arms that were wrong, with possibly the exception of some of the Arabic ones.  They seemed to change each time I started a new game.  What are you seeing off so I can specifically look at it?  Do these errors exist when _only_ running NDPA (and possibly Dark World), or are you running other MODs also?

2 hours ago, Bah! said:

edit: The game is actually locking up in a given time past a certain point. I would share the save, but I'm also using some custom mods, and plenty of others, although the only ones I could think would be interfering would be shattered world, and ancient religions.

1 hour ago, noxbestia said:

This definitely is not compatible with anything that changes religions unless I have written a compatibility module for it.  As for the other stuff, I can only guess what might be conflicting with it; however, I have not seen the behavior you describe in any games that are just my mod and CK2 vanilla or my mod plus Dark World and enhanced slavery.

@Bah! Are you running ancient religions as a standalone MOD or as part of another MOD?  I seem to remember some of them incorporated parts or all of it.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:06 AM, noxbestia said:

I don't do anything with offmap powers yet.  I am not sure if using offmap powers like DWR does requires Jade Dragon or just 2.8.1.

It was a silly error on my part. Apparently my game still had the 2.7.2 patch selected as beta in steam. It works as it should now.

Although a large portion of the trait localisation seem to still be unchanged. (Such as regular_tits having regular_tits, or the description having regular_tits_desc), and the ball traits are all in lower case. (Yeah, I know, super nitpicky). 

All the endowment traits seem to be tagged with hidden from the world at large in their description, though I can see them all. Was something there changed, or is in the process of being changed?

It's not a biggie, I was just curious why it says so. 

9 hours ago, noxbestia said:

@Bah! Are you running ancient religions as a standalone MOD or as part of another MOD?  I seem to remember some of them incorporated parts or all of it.

I am running it as a standalone.

Is there any chance of adding compatibility for it? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, don't you just have to seperate the image files? I've tried running the mod without patrum scuta, real warfare, and ancient religions, but it still ends up crashing. I doubt it's due to my mod as most of the custom stuff I added simply has to do with the anime portrait pack, ReMeDy's portraits, and some events/decisions that have to mainly be triggered by me in game.

All Ancient religions is doing is messing up the icons for religions.

Other than a few simple mods such as legalized gay marriage, legendary bloodlines, and a few artifact mods I'm only running dark world, expanded slavery, and mercenary commander.

I am running BOTH of the mods for the current test version of your mod btw. Am I only supposed to enable one or the other? Because that didn't seem to be the case to me.

edit: I've now tested each of my mods individually to try and see which one caused a crash, and the only one I have yet to try is shattered world, which I wouldn't think would be the culprit...

11 hours ago, noxbestia said:

I haven't had time to run a game of my own 100 years in yet; however, I have noted a lot with CK2 that after a time you should save, exit, and then start the game backup and load.  This is especially true with mods running.  If you have my cheat mode turned on (off by default in the rules) and use the Roman Empire cheat, it will perform horribly, and the cheat event warns about that.

In my test games I was not seeing any coats of arms that were wrong, with possibly the exception of some of the Arabic ones.  They seemed to change each time I started a new game.  What are you seeing off so I can specifically look at it?  Do these errors exist when _only_ running NDPA (and possibly Dark World), or are you running other MODs also?

I'll run some tests when I get home. Just have DWR, NDPA and the compatibility mid active, as I recall.

1 hour ago, Bah! said:

I am running BOTH of the mods for the current test version of your mod btw. Am I only supposed to enable one or the other? Because that didn't seem to be the case to me.

If you are using Dark World, then both need enabled.  If you are playing without Dark World, then don't enable the Dark World Compatibility.

1 hour ago, Bah! said:

Is there any chance of adding compatibility for it? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, don't you just have to seperate the image files?

Religion changes are more than just changing graphics, but I can add a compatibility module for it so long as it is the only one changing religions in your mod.  Not that one would want to, but for the sake of argument say you were trying to run "Ancient Religions" and "AGOT" at the same time.  It would be a nightmare and would require a unique compatibility patch made for both running together, and even then one or both would have to be further edited or overwritten.

Icon wise, the religion I add will be icons 100 or higher, and none of the MODs I have looked at come close to that number so that will minimize the code changes needed in most cases.

Just as an FYI, I once toyed with adding in Ancient Religions into my core by default, but decided against it to try to keep compatibility simpler for things like AGOT and Warhammer.

EDIT: BTW, I am happy to add support for "Ancient Religions" so long as I know what all you are running that effects religions so I don't break something else with it.  I may be opening myself up for a nightmarish living Hell, but I am willing to consider customized compatibility patches for a lot of things, especially if numerous people are using them.  But doing so takes a bit of time (more so if it is one I have never used) and keeps me from working on new content.

1 hour ago, Bah! said:

edit: I've now tested each of my mods individually to try and see which one caused a crash, and the only one I have yet to try is shattered world, which I wouldn't think would be the culprit...

You would be surprised what could be the culprit in MOD incompatibility.  I have seen some really strange things cause MODs to fail to work together or behave in unexpected ways.  Sometimes something as simple as two characters with the same ID in the history files can blow a mod up.  If you run in debug mode the error log is invaluable at noting initial conflicts with stuff.

With the AGOT compatibility patch, I have to add blank copies of most of my history files from the core NDPA to keep things from blowing up.

Date-wise, I have characters going back to the 1st decade of the common era and forward to around the year 2,000, including an expanded section taking the ancestors of Muhammad all the way back to the 1st decade and tying them back to his ancestral dynasty.  However, I have only tested game starts as far back as 650 I think.

4 hours ago, chimiz said:

It was a silly error on my part. Apparently my game still had the 2.7.2 patch selected as beta in steam. It works as it should now.

Although a large portion of the trait localisation seem to still be unchanged. (Such as regular_tits having regular_tits, or the description having regular_tits_desc), and the ball traits are all in lower case. (Yeah, I know, super nitpicky). 

All the endowment traits seem to be tagged with hidden from the world at large in their description, though I can see them all. Was something there changed, or is in the process of being changed?

It's not a biggie, I was just curious why it says so. 

Are you seeing the localisation errors in v0.0.0.2?  That was a reported bug for 0.0.0.1 that I thought I had fixed.

As for the "hidden from the world at large" that is caused by the code that keeps the traits hidden until puberty.  If you were to look at your save file, upon birth all children have their adult size traits assigned, but then they are hidden and the pre-pubertal traits are added for display.

15 hours ago, Mr_Treason said:

You're more than welcome to copy over parts, or the entirety of my mods.  People like flavor, and you add flavor.  Plus everything I made, I made to share.  (Not including what I borrowed for event graphics.)

When it comes to event pictures, a lot I was able to acquire through google, but the "Futa Content Thread" for Skyrim here on LL provided me a unique avenue and when I went that direction I asked permission.  I asked because I had a clear person to ask from. (Not always the case with google.)

I personally don't see a problem borrowing other free resources to include in your free resource (mod) as long as you don't claim credit for the creations.  Credit folks where credit is due, and sample away.

I have added in your chastity_belt trait (and removed my own chastity_device trait) for compatibility with your "Lock up Your Daughters!" mod.  I may need to copy some of your red hand stuff for mercenary commander, but it might work fine as it is.  I haven't tried yet.

17 hours ago, Anieu said:

When do you suppose I should expect more content added to the "House of Discretion"? 

"Light snakes across the cold floor from underneath one of the locked doors.  A new tenant has taken up residency within the Hall of Discretion.  Sounds of construction disturb the silence and stir the musky air..."

8 hours ago, noxbestia said:

@Bah!: give these a try and see if they fix your icon problems with ancient religions.  If not, I'll need to do some more work, but they may be enough in this case.  Copy them over the ones in NoxBestiasDarkestPerversionsAlone\gfx\interface and then let me know.  :smile:  

religion_icon_strip_small.dds

religion_icon_strip.dds

religion_icon_strip_big.dds

I'll give it a try tomorrow. I need some rest for a test tomorrow.

I will say that it turns out that shattered world was the cause of the crashes, however now I'm nearly 50 years in, and I'm experiencing a lot of lag. I'll try to experiment around it a bit.

21 minutes ago, Bah! said:

I'll give it a try tomorrow. I need some rest for a test tomorrow.

I will say that it turns out that shattered world was the cause of the crashes, however now I'm nearly 50 years in, and I'm experiencing a lot of lag. I'll try to experiment around it a bit.

Many things can cause the lag, and it very well could be some of my stuff, but that one may be hard to narrow down unless we can find some commonality causing it.

I played several hours of nox DP with dw:r with the werewolf toy start preset. The initial werewolf didn't got any special trait, nor was on a hunt. Probably due to an issue upstream. I started with a woman+status of women unlocked. The women werewolf don't seem to get a special portrait nor graduate beyond the "werewolf child" modifier (possibly DW:R). On the second generation, the new petty queen has a demon child (fuck my life, I want to play a werewolf!). The demon child obviously survive and join the lucifer cult and becomes just an annoying little shit, also do not get a special portrait and I believe he lost his werewolf trait (or maybe it's drowned in the shit ton of trait he got).

The court harem for the woman rulers is somewhat buggy. If you assign somebody of your own dynasty, your husband get thrown away as you gain a lover. I tried it without being married and assigned the demon child as a court boy and poof, lost my titles as he gained everything.

This is a rough summary, as I'm quite tired. I'm writing it before I forget.

I attached a log that contains some errors accross the 3 mods: rebort, nox DP and slavery expanded.

error.log

PS: also Fenrir died 10 years in the game, killed by his own son because reasons. He also spawned in the asshole of europe (Brittany), so he didn't had any real chance anyhow. I think I'll restart anew and use "rise of the pack" instead.

PPS: There is a ton of untranslated things related to traits. I guess this is still a WIP :smile:

On 1/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, noxbestia said:

"Wolf Mother?" Event Updated

My only fully completed component of Darkest Perversions was the g-rated Wolf Mother? childhood event chain.  It has been updated and the framework has been expanded to add an optional first sexual encounter with your 4-legged mom.  If you have accepted her then it should trigger at age 16 or 17 (or when both "nox_is_old_enough" and "nox_is_sexually_developed" triggers are met.)  You can either accept your mother's advances or reject them.  Either way it is a 1-time event so you would be hounded by it.

Please note that I said the framework is there.  However, the event text has not been written yet due to me still fighting some badly bruised feelings from some things someone said to me in a discord chat last night.  Regardless, I hope to have the event text written (with 6 variants covering [male, female, or futa] and [werrewolf/Night Wolf or human] and maybe even a couple of images for it if I can get myself out of this funk.

Just caught myself up on reading all of the updates, and... yay! Definitely looking forward to the "Wolf Mother?" event once the new event text is written.

Although, is there going to be a way for repeatable sexytimes? Just asking, for reasons. ;)

Hope you feel better man. Some people can just be total assholes. Loving your work though, it really seems to all be coming together.

And on an unrelated note; last time I played through the game and got wolf-mom I ended up creating a dynasty (who had wolf-moms portrait) with her comprised of wolves who then proceeded to conquer Ireland, before moving on to Britannia. It was glorious. Yes, it probably wasn't intended... but still. Playing as sentient wolves and ruling the humans with an iron paw gave me a chuckle.

Now, I venture onwards to the kitchen! Fresh coffee and a warm danish with my name on them.  :coffee:

2 hours ago, Surprisekitty said:

Just caught myself up on reading all of the updates, and... yay! Definitely looking forward to the "Wolf Mother?" event once the new event text is written.

Although, is there going to be a way for repeatable sexytimes? Just asking, for reasons. ;)

Hope you feel better man. Some people can just be total assholes. Loving your work though, it really seems to all be coming together.

And on an unrelated note; last time I played through the game and got wolf-mom I ended up creating a dynasty (who had wolf-moms portrait) with her comprised of wolves who then proceeded to conquer Ireland, before moving on to Britannia. It was glorious. Yes, it probably wasn't intended... but still. Playing as sentient wolves and ruling the humans with an iron paw gave me a chuckle.

Now, I venture onwards to the kitchen! Fresh coffee and a warm danish with my name on them.  :coffee:

Eventually the "spend time with" decision will include versions for animal/humanoid interactions.  The exact text I am writing is geared for it being your first time with her, so that is a 1 time event.

A totally non-anthro sentient animal kingdom is working as desired; my first one was either devil_wolf or roman_wolf culture.  I need to do some more work on scripts to detect sentient animals versus non-sentient ones so the non-sentient ones need a regent.  Easy enough to code, and I think I have everything in place to make it happen, I jsut have to do it.  I also want more animal images in each category.  Again, easy enough to do, it just takes time and priority.

What I am really missing is more events and some unique decisions to have when playing as a non-anthro.  But again, in time.

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

I played several hours of nox DP with dw:r with the werewolf toy start preset. The initial werewolf didn't got any special trait, nor was on a hunt. Probably due to an issue upstream. I started with a woman+status of women unlocked. The women werewolf don't seem to get a special portrait nor graduate beyond the "werewolf child" modifier (possibly DW:R). On the second generation, the new petty queen has a demon child (fuck my life, I want to play a werewolf!). The demon child obviously survive and join the lucifer cult and becomes just an annoying little shit, also do not get a special portrait and I believe he lost his werewolf trait (or maybe it's drowned in the shit ton of trait he got).

The court harem for the woman rulers is somewhat buggy. If you assign somebody of your own dynasty, your husband get thrown away as you gain a lover. I tried it without being married and assigned the demon child as a court boy and poof, lost my titles as he gained everything.

This is a rough summary, as I'm quite tired. I'm writing it before I forget.

I attached a log that contains some errors accross the 3 mods: rebort, nox DP and slavery expanded.

error.log

PS: also Fenrir died 10 years in the game, killed by his own son because reasons. He also spawned in the asshole of europe (Brittany), so he didn't had any real chance anyhow. I think I'll restart anew and use "rise of the pack" instead.

PPS: There is a ton of untranslated things related to traits. I guess this is still a WIP :smile:

I took a good look at the error log.  The portrait errors and the missing sound file are DWR itself.  The title exist errors are to be ignored and are caused by referring to an existing title to add thing like new holy sites.  A could of errors are in CK2 itself.  They let a couple of oopses slip though that their own engine reports.  I am guessing their testers didn't run in debug mode one last time before packaging the last update(s).  What did catch my eye was:

[trigger.cpp:2257]: Unknown trigger-type: "nox_is_at_least_col1" at 
[trigger.cpp:2257]: Unknown trigger-type: "nox_is_at_least_col1" at

That is a definite bug, even if it has little or no effect to things working correctly.  I will add it to the bug tracker and fix it.

The "male concubines" are a leftover from the old yiffics anti-marriage mechanics and definitely need work.  I'll consider that a bug and add it to the list.

I may ahve a bug in my wolf_child stuff.  Do you have Horse Lords DLC?  If not, that explains why it broke and tells me I need to write in a catch-all for anyone without HL.  If you do have Horse Lords, then something else is wrong and we have a bug, so please let me know either way.

I'll look into the werewolf portraits.  I may be referencing old events in DWR.  Probably the very same event I had to fix for @zia for enhanced slavery.  I'll consider this a probable bug, test it, and so on.

And now for the big shameful one.  I owe @Abominus a MAJOR apology.  Somehow I ended up copying in a lot of wrong versions of my localisation files and lost at least half of the German translations he did for me.  Hopefully I can find all of them and put them back in.  I'm gonna call this a WIP rather than a big, but I'll list it in the bug tracker for this release anyway.

Compatibility Modules: A Game of Thrones & Beyond

Before I rushed merging the old Darkest Perversions into NDPA, I had a working AGOT compatibility module.  That is no longer true.  :frown:

Firstly, a lot of my initial custom races were made with AGOT assets.  Frozen Hybrids are basically white walkers with Pentosi hair and northman clothing, but they were my first new race ever. 

Anyway, between when I made those races and the current version they changed their graphics a lot and they no longer play nicely together.  That can be fixed relatively easily, though a bit of monotony to get through it.  However, something else in NDPA causes a CTD as soon as you select your character and the game actually starts.  That may take longer to trace, so I'm going to put the AGOT module on hold and see if I can get HIP and/or CK2 Plus modules working.

2 hours ago, noxbestia said:

I may ahve a bug in my wolf_child stuff.  Do you have Horse Lords DLC?  If not, that explains why it broke and tells me I need to write in a catch-all for anyone without HL.  If you do have Horse Lords, then something else is wrong and we have a bug, so please let me know either way.

I have all the DLC.

OPTION: Which Deadly Event Warning Should I Use?

So I have some new "Hall of Discretion" stuff written out and waiting to be coded.  One of the doors, however, leads to a string of choices that might end up killing you and every member of your dynasty, thus ending your game.  The first part of the event is static, but then I have text for two different warnings giving you a chance to change your mind without going further.  Any feedback on which one, as a player, you would rather see?  

WARNING TEXT A:

WARNING: certain event chains in here could lead to a bad end and even game over depending on your choices and the will of the Gods of chance.

WARNING TEXT B:

It has been given you to know that some choices you may face beyond this door could lead to the end of your story and consign your dynasty to history.

B is the better choice. "...choices may cause your bloodline to vanish into history." is just much better than some non-immersive warning :V

Put it on the tooltip for the OK button in the event or whatever.

Also having the issue that on every new game start or save load, the gardener event pops for about 80% of the world population. everyone is an aspiring gardener lol.