[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Nomadic Clans. That's probably the most realistic and possibly the best solution for werewolves.

Their features add up and make sense with werewolves.

This way, player and AI can create various werewolf clans and packs. But making custom government or adapting nomadic government for playing around non-nomadic provinces would be probably a nightmare.

How about an alternative?

Werewolf clan society

- Player can invite their own kin, if they have a werewolf trait.

- Various fun actions and decisions can be unlocked for many ranks.

- Player can challenge the current alpha by targeted decision and possibly replacing current alpha.

- If player loses, they can be deranked in the society and lose society power. In the worst cases, they can be maimed or killed.

- 16 Year old werewolves could always get invited into a society by default went script to assure inclusion of every werewolf character in the Clan.

And many, many more possible features.

Oh... about martial score and personal combat.

Is there going to be a special event option, if character is brawny, strong, genius or a duelist? I feel like these characters should have a upper hand in these fights.

Nomadic Clans. That's probably the most realistic and possibly the best solution for werewolves.

Their features add up and make sense with werewolves.

This way, player and AI can create various werewolf clans and packs. But making custom government or adapting nomadic government for playing around non-nomadic provinces would be probably a nightmare.

How about an alternative?

Werewolf clan society

- Player can invite their own kin, if they have a werewolf trait.

- Various fun actions and decisions can be unlocked for many ranks.

- Player can challenge the current alpha by targeted decision and possibly replacing current alpha.

- If player loses, they can be deranked in the society and lose society power. In the worst cases, they can be maimed or killed.

- 16 Year old werewolves could always get invited into a society by default went script to assure inclusion of every werewolf character in the Clan.

And many, many more possible features.

Oh... about martial score and personal combat.

Is there going to be a special event option, if character is brawny, strong, genius or a duelist? I feel like these characters should have a upper hand in these fights.

You may have missed this post and some of the posts that follow it detailing a lot of what I have done with my werewolf replacements.

Oh Nox... if I may share a humble idea with you.

Fur color.

By default, every child is born as a werewolf. But that doesn't change their appearance too much. Or give a information about their appearance.

That's why I have an idea, how to give players little more personalised characters and neat feature.

Every werewolf can have a Fur trait. This traits have 30% chance to be inherited. If both parents have the same fur color trait, child has 60% chance to be born with same fur color - inherits it. Works same as being born a genius, strong or ugly etc.

Otherwise werewolf children are always born with fur color trait, which is given through small event, if werewolf baby didn't inherit trait from their parents.

Fur Color itself doesn't give any special bonuses, it's a cosmetic trait. But... there are some exceptions for special fur traits.

But... every fur color trait has an unique feature: Player can choose their own portrait through intrigue option or targeted decision. Each fur color trait can give access to various portraits depending on their color and this adding little more customalization for a player.

Here is the list of Fur colors:

Black Fur

Brown Fur

Grey Fur

Amber Fur

Silver Fur

Bloody Fur/Bloodmane (Special and very rare fur trait. It's believed, that those born with redish fur are destined to be cruel, wild and extremely violent. Trait effects: 1+ Personal combat, -5 General opinion)

White fur/Whitemane (Less rare, but still not that common among werewolves. Those blessed with white fur are considered to be very beautiful, elegant and charming. Trait effects: +5 Attraction opinion)

Iron fur/Ironmane (Very, very, very, very rare trait for newborn werewolves. At first, it may look like an ordinary grey-black fur, but those born with an iron fur are blessed by Gods and moon itself. And it's said, that they can endure a lot more than any ordinary werewolf. Thanks to this, they are naturally strong warriors. Trait effects: +2 Martial, +2 Personal combat.

And that's it. At least for now.

Not sure the werewolf fans will like them requiring a dlc.

More important, are the noght wolf leaders of human tribes? Unless that is so in the lore, the population and manpower mechanics would make little sense

Right now I don't have any DLC checks in place in NDPA and I am trying to avoid a lot of the DLC requirements I previously had in Darkest Perversions.  Now in my mind, not having The Old Gods is unforgivable but I don't think I have any content that requires it either, unless you have to have it to play as tribal.   :P 

I did "lift" some code from the only DLC _I_ won't get and then used it as a structure reference for one of my own events.  It doesn't have any of their flavour text or assets though.  At one point I had copied a lot of code from Sunset Invasion, but the more I worked with it the less I liked it and ended up scrapping nearly all of it and doing my invasion mechanics differently. 

I think my new child education options might require Way of Life if the new graphic layout and education on_action triggers aren't part of the free patch, but I may even be able to get around that one when I actually get around to coding in the events.  If I make my Night Wolves nomadic, then horse lords would be required but right now they lean towards tribal.

For your second question, Night Wolves begin the game as a semi-secret population all over the known world with more of them gathered together in some locations than in others.  They come together into 14 different bands, many thousands strong, and then invade.  Wherever they conquer they and known to rape the survivors, so their kind does grow quickly.  Here is a bit of text copied from one of the events a player will get before the invasion starts:

"Many years ago, before I was born, he (Grandfather Wolf) sent forth the call to our people to gather and breed and train for a great Holy War where our people will rise up and take control of the places sacred to Grandfather Wolf.  My mother does not want to see you fall prey to our people and has sent me here to offer to become one with you and form a new pack together so that you and your lands will be safe."

Copied from Wikipedia so take it for what that is worth to you:  "Genghis Khan is said to have fathered at least 1,000 children, possibly as many as 2,000 from as many as 3000 wives. Genetic analysis has shown he is a male-line ancestor of 0.5% of the world's population."

At the start of a new game, Grandfather Wolf is 146 with well over 100 living children and more constantly on the way.  May of his offspring will have produced a lot of their offspring.  Then there are the Night Wolves who don't have his blood (even though he is supposed to have fathered their whole race)... ;)

<---SNIP--->

...do you plan to implement slavery in it? One problem I always saw in making DW compatible with major mods is that, at least, both AGOT, Elder Kings and Warhammer have their own slave mechanics.

<---SNIP>

I finally have a good solution for this problem.  NDPA comes with optional compatibility modules for other major mods.  This was required to deal with religions and Night Wolf holy sites on different worlds.  Each compatibility module has a file in it that has the same scripted triggers, but customized for whatever mod it is made to be compatible with.  Until I add my own slave traits, events, and mechanics to NDPA, the parent MOD has to have its own slavery system.  Below is an example of the code for checking to see if a person is a slave, depending on which compatability module's file gets loaded:

nox_is_slave = {
    # CK2 Standard Version
    always = no     # no CK2 slavery mechanics
}

nox_is_slave = {
    # A Game of Thrones Version
    trait = slave
}

nox_is_slave = {
    # CK2Plus Version
    always = no
}

nox_is_slave = {
    # Dark World Reborn Version
    OR = {
		trait = branded_slave
		AND = {
			has_global_flag = NOX_DARKEST_PERVERSIONS_ACTIVE
			NOT = { trait = former_slave }
			OR = { 
				trait = pet_consort
				trait = sold_into_slavery
				trait = slave
				trait = branded_slave
			}
		}
	}
}

nox_is_slave = {
    # Warhammer Geheimnisnacht Version
	OR = { 
		trait = pet_consort
		trait = sold_into_slavery
	}
}

nox_is_slave = {
    # HIP Version
    always = no
}

I may sounds like a total asshole here, but it's probably the fault of player itself, if he/she doesn't have a proper DLCs.

Especially if this lack of DLCs reflects on modders work.

If mod requires Old God and Way of Life (which should probably be "must have"), they should buy those DLCs, instead of requesting alternative solution, which may or may not add even more work.

I think player himself needs to adapt, if he/she wants to play mod properly.

I know, I know. I sound like an asshole... but with Paradox games, having most of the DLCs is really a requirement.

"Many years ago, before I was born, he (Grandfather Wolf) sent forth the call to our people to gather and breed and train for a great Holy War where our people will rise up and take control of the places sacred to Grandfather Wolf. My mother does not want to see you fall prey to our people and has sent me here to offer to become one with you and form a new pack together so that you and your lands will be safe."

Small detail here...

Won't it make a little bit more sense to call it a "Holy Hunt" instead of a "Holy War"?

It sounds more werewolfy :D

I may sounds like a total asshole here, but it's probably the fault of player itself, if he/she doesn't have a proper DLCs.

Especially if this lack of DLCs reflects on modders work.

If mod requires Old God and Way of Life (which should probably be "must have"), they should buy those DLCs, instead of requesting alternative solution, which may or may not add even more work.

I think player himself needs to adapt, if he/she wants to play mod properly.

I know, I know. I sound like an asshole... but with Paradox games, having most of the DLCs is really a requirement.

"Many years ago, before I was born, he (Grandfather Wolf) sent forth the call to our people to gather and breed and train for a great Holy War where our people will rise up and take control of the places sacred to Grandfather Wolf. My mother does not want to see you fall prey to our people and has sent me here to offer to become one with you and form a new pack together so that you and your lands will be safe."

Small detail here...

Won't it make a little bit more sense to call it a "Holy Hunt" instead of a "Holy War"?

It sounds more werewolfy :D

"Holy Hunt" or "Sacred Hunt" does sound much better.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 5:09 AM, mirlo1 said:

Did you give up this mod nox?

Not at all.  I have had a string of setbacks and frustrations along with some achievements and breakthroughs.  Unfortunately, I don't have things in any condition to be worth uploading an update at this time.

Additionally, the new DLC dropped a couple of days ago, so I bought it and I have been playing through the new material without any mods to get a feel for what has changed and how things are supposed to be.  In fact, after having my ass handed to me by Genghis Khan last night, my night wolf invasion is way too tame in comparison.  (And I was worried that it might be too tough!)

4 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Not at all.  I have had a string of setbacks and frustrations along with some achievements and breakthroughs.  Unfortunately, I don't have things in any condition to be worth uploading an update at this time.

Additionally, the new DLC dropped a couple of days ago, so I bought it and I have been playing through the new material without any mods to get a feel for what has changed and how things are supposed to be.  In fact, after having my ass handed to me by Genghis Khan last night, my night wolf invasion is way too tame in comparison.  (And I was worried that it might be too tough!)

Did they strengthen the mongols to make up for the new provinces they need to take early on?

3 hours ago, Bah! said:

Did they strengthen the mongols to make up for the new provinces they need to take early on?

To be honest, I've never been on the direct receiving end of Genghis Khan before, so I'm not sure... but while playing in the Tibet area I have noticed that a lot of NPCs suddenly end up with a small stack of event spawned troops and it makes it Hell as a player.

1 hour ago, Ashra XIII said:

Updates do always throw a wrench into the works of mods, don't they?

This game as well as Rimworld have been put on hold a bit for me, as far as that goes. :grimace:

I haven't even tried running my mod or any others with Jade Dragon yet.  I like to get a feel for how things have changed without any mods active.

Are scenes for the "Wolf Mother" event chain going to be added in at some point? A while back, I recall that my character had taken on his wolf mom on as a lover. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be any scenes/events regarding her... and if I'm remembering correctly the sex scene was written as if the wolf was a human female.

A human female, instead of a quadrupedal female wolf demon that my character at the time was apparently attracted to. 

The lack of delicious wolf-on-human incestual bestiality caused many tears and gnashing of teeth that day. :cry:

PS: Are canine bestiality scenes going to be added to the exotic emporium? I love everything in this mod, and horses and centaurs are great but... well, canines are clearly superior. :cool:

PPS: Good to see you back. Last post I had seen was the one about you going in for surgery... you were gone for so long that I thought you might have died at the operating table. :confused:

Edited by Surprisekitty
50 minutes ago, Surprisekitty said:

Are scenes for the "Wolf Mother" event chain going to be added in at some point? A while back, I recall that my character had taken on his wolf mom on as a lover. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be any scenes/events regarding her... and if I'm remembering correctly the sex scene was written as if the wolf was a human female.

A human female, instead of a quadrupedal female wolf demon that my character at the time was apparently attracted to. 

The lack of delicious wolf-on-human incestual bestiality caused many tears and gnashing of teeth that day. :cry:

PS: Are canine bestiality scenes going to be added to the exotic emporium? I love everything in this mod, and horses and centaurs are great but... well, canines are clearly superior. :cool:

PPS: Good to see you back. Last post I had seen was the one about you going in for surgery... you were gone for so long that I thought you might have died at the operating table. :confused:

Days like today, when I am in as much pain as I am, I sometimes question my fortune at surviving the surgery, but survive it I did, so the world is stuck with me a while longer.  :cool:  

I prefer canine zoo in fantasy and IRL to equines (and yes, I was raised around both in a time a place where such things were not illegal).  TMI aside, there is and will be more canine bestiality events, though I didn't even think to write any for the "Wolf Mother?" story line.  My bad on that one.  Originally, I intended "Wolf Mother?" to be mostly non-sexual events to add color to this game's dreadful childhood experience, but when I full import "Wolf Mother?" into NDPA I will write in a few more child/mother events to nicely fill that gaping hole.  Hmmm... I may have to make some special additional events for those playing AGOT.  ;)

As I recently mentioned, right now I am focusing on playing "Jade Dragon" unmodded.  I want to get back into working on NDPA very soon, but I also have to be in a point where I'm not living on painkillers 24x7 to do that.  (Too many pain killers kill my creativity and my sex drive; the two things most worth living for IMO.)  It is times like this that I wish marijuana did anything for me.  It is readily available, but 100% wasted on me.  No anti-pain, no highs, no enhanced creativity, no boosted sex drive.  I _might_ have gotten the munchies from it a time or two, but I'm not sure that wasn't jsut me being piggy.  For now I have to settle on Scotch and Codeine.  (Kids, don't try that one at home... it can kill ya!)

Edited by noxbestia

Just... wow.  Perhaps it has been too long since I have played on Ironman, or perhaps there are a bunch of new bugs in 2.8, but my last three games have been rage-quit frustrating.  In all three I have noted that one or more random NPCs suddenly get 5,000 event spawned troops, but I can't figure out why.  The latest one has me 70 years into my game with a dukedom consisting of a mere 3 provinces.  Suddenly my ruler gives one of those provinces to someone else, but then makes me the ruler of said person so the land stays in my dutchy, I just don't own it anymore.  A moment later this new person rebels against me.  I raise my troops and after a long battle I am just about to take him out when BAM!  He gets a bonus 5,000 event spawned troops for no explicable reason.  My 700 troops (minus losses from the battle) are decimated.

How has Jade Dragon been treating all of you?

EDIT: The NPC that got my land in the first place was a settled adventurer.  (I don't recall being able to give them land that belongs to my vassals to settle them?)  Then, about the time I give up there are several instances of HL.132 in the game log, but supposedly for another character in another location.  However, there are just enough of these to have created the number of troops the NPC suddenly had to bash me with.  Seems like a bug to me, but I can't be certain since it was an Ironman game.

Edited by noxbestia

Noxy's Impossible Breeding -- Now With Correct DNA!!!

For a while, I have bemoaned that the CK2 breeding scripts will not allow a female to impregnate a male.  Thanks to some information from one of the CK2 developers, I no longer suffer that restriction!  Furthermore, the DNA of the offspring is correct.  For me, this is a VERY happy day.  This means that all of my crazy breeding ideas can now be made to happen!  It also means some repair work will be needed for the midnight breeding ritual, but that is fine with me.

For my test, I generated three men (X, Y, and Z) and 1 woman (O) with DNA strings equal to their name (i.e. Z's DNA = "ZZZZZZZZZZZ").  I used all-capital letters for DNA so that I could easily see "mutations" when they happened, but be aware that uppercase letters are invalid and give strange results when drawing the portraits.

For my test, I used the male named "X" as the mother of all the children generated.  Here are the results for the different fathers (including the woman named "O" and a character from the history files):

1. father = "X" -- child's DNA = XXXXXXXXXXX
  2. father = "Y" -- child's DNA = YXYXYXYYYXY
  3. father = "Z" -- child's DNA = ZZXXXZZXxXX  **MUTANT**
  4. father = "O" -- child's DNA = XOXOXXOkOOX  **MUTANT**
  5. father = c206627 -- child's DNA = XdXxXXwXXXk  (father's dna was: ndcxjuwxfbk)

By default, this method skips all of the regular pregnancy mechanics; however, I can write code that would allow a regular pregnancy to be simulated should I wish to do that.  The one thing that I still cannot do is let the player select a dead character as one of the parents.  I could have a list of dead characters pre-generated that a player could choose from via an event, but that's not the same.

ADDENDUM: To further showcase DNA mutation, I created several more children with X as both father and mother.  Here are the DNA results:

1. dna="XXXXXXXXXXX"
  2. dna="XXXXXXXXXrX"
  3. dna="XXgXXXmXXXX"
  4. dna="XXXxXXXXXXX"
  5. dna="XXXXXeXpXXX"

So out of 6 children with the same character as both father and mother, 4 were mutants.  Good information to have if playing with cloning or doppelgangers.  :)

Edited by noxbestia
17 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Just... wow.  Perhaps it has been too long since I have played on Ironman, or perhaps there are a bunch of new bugs in 2.8, but my last three games have been rage-quit frustrating.  In all three I have noted that one or more random NPCs suddenly get 5,000 event spawned troops, but I can't figure out why.  The latest one has me 70 years into my game with a dukedom consisting of a mere 3 provinces.  Suddenly my ruler gives one of those provinces to someone else, but then makes me the ruler of said person so the land stays in my dutchy, I just don't own it anymore.  A moment later this new person rebels against me.  I raise my troops and after a long battle I am just about to take him out when BAM!  He gets a bonus 5,000 event spawned troops for no explicable reason.  My 700 troops (minus losses from the battle) are decimated.

How has Jade Dragon been treating all of you?

EDIT: The NPC that got my land in the first place was a settled adventurer.  (I don't recall being able to give them land that belongs to my vassals to settle them?)  Then, about the time I give up there are several instances of HL.132 in the game log, but supposedly for another character in another location.  However, there are just enough of these to have created the number of troops the NPC suddenly had to bash me with.  Seems like a bug to me, but I can't be certain since it was an Ironman game.

I pushed myself out of the windows because I became paranoid that "they" (visiting spymaster) knew about my plan to assassinate somebody.

Got the same weird unit spawn than you had too, which is really annoying.