[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

1 hour ago, Alaratt said:

I am having a bit of trouble with the incontinent trait. Pretty much every female character I play as ends up with this trait by age 30-ish. Out of say 6 female characters 5 have it by 30-35 years old. Is this a bug or is it intended this way? What are the triggers for getting this trait? For me I seem to get this via giving birth, maybe too many times in a short period. Is there an in-game way to heal this?(or a console command) To clarify I get the anal version, not the bladder one, but I don't really have anal sex often, so I'm a bit confused.

It does happen from giving birth, and was a major problem for women in the middle ages, often leading to death.  However, the frequency of it in the mod is a bug.  You can console clear it via: remove_trait incontinent

42 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

It does happen from giving birth, and was a major problem for women in the middle ages, often leading to death.  However, the frequency of it in the mod is a bug.  You can console clear it via: remove_trait incontinent

Thank You. I had assumed I needed a number ID to remove it, did not realize it was that easy. This has plagued me for a couple of playthroughs so I am definitely going to enjoy being able to get rid of it. :classic_biggrin:

23 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

Thank You. I had assumed I needed a number ID to remove it, did not realize it was that easy. This has plagued me for a couple of playthroughs so I am definitely going to enjoy being able to get rid of it. :classic_biggrin:

In one (possibly unreleased?) version of the code a succubus could heal herself from it.  Didn't help anyone else though.

6 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

In one (possibly unreleased?) version of the code a succubus could heal herself from it.  Didn't help anyone else though.

I assumed that a succubus could, but I rarely play as one. My last couple of playthroughs were elven and my current is Neko while I check out the Jade Dragon DLC so I didn't think I had access to an in-game way to do it. My short term solution was to nerf the effects in the mod files until I figured something out. Again, Thank You, it was killing me. In some cases literally lol.

8 hours ago, Alaratt said:

You only need the char id if you want to do it to someone else. If you ever do need it, enter charinfo (Or char info, I can never remember which) into the console and mouse over the portrait of the character in question.

10 hours ago, Hamof said:

You only need the char id if you want to do it to someone else. If you ever do need it, enter charinfo (Or char info, I can never remember which) into the console and mouse over the portrait of the character in question.

No, I meant an ID number for each trait. like Brave gets typed in 12345 instead of just spelling out brave. Not sure why I thought that, maybe another game I played worked that way.

3 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Currently my Darkest Perversions mod is NOT updated.  I have been actively working on the base code, but I'm waiting for the upcoming Dark World Reborn release before I look at some parts of it.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Latest version posted.

Well then... I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day... :smile:

In other news, I have created some new Abrahamic religious heresies. Right now they don't do much but exist, but the future should see them have a place in the world.  Keeping with the (ab)use of the term "yiff" in addition to yiffic there will now be yiffodox, yiffian, homoyiffite, heteroyiffite, yiffish, and yiffi. 

Yiffish has seen the most work of all of them, but is still pretty broken because the Jewish religion is coded not to even show a female priest (intentional white square in the religious clothing graphics files for Jewish females).  So, of course, I wrote it so that upon creation of the Yiffish high priestess, she immediately marries the Kohen Gadol (if he exists) and is impregnated by him.  :tongue:

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, noxbestia said:

I'm not sure I follow?

In your download files section there are 4 files, one is called scripted_triggers. I am curious what the preview file in there is for myself. I would guess its just a way to see what you are working on for the next update?

52 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

In your download files section there are 4 files, one is called scripted_triggers. I am curious what the preview file in there is for myself. I would guess its just a way to see what you are working on for the next update?

Gotcha.  That was an old supplemental file to fix some serious problems with an older version of Dark World causing the game to crash from too many errors, especially if you had debugging mode turned on.  It is no longer relevant with the current version of Dark World reborn and will be deleted when I next update Darkest Perversions.

Status of Darkest Perversions

TLDR: it is borked

It is still not working, even after the following changes:

1. ITEMS TEMPORARILY DISBLED:
    1. Most BCE events disabled:
    2. infompatability with current version of CK2
    3. history changes corrupt and/or wrong
    4. many problems with yiffic events
    5. problems with bastards of christ events
    6. rewoking of yiffic religion
    7. adding new sexual religions
      1. yiffodox
      2. homoyiffite
      3. heteroyiffite
      4. yiffian (Nestorian heresy)
      5. yiffish (Jewish heresy)
      6. yiffi (muslim heresy)
      7. unnamed yiffy pagan religion
      8. unnamed yiffy zoroastrian religion
      9. unnamed yiffy eastern religion
    8. Bastards of Christ Events & Characters Disabled
    9. NoxDWT (Toska based) events disabled
    10. Amazon Events disabled for rewrite
    11. Ghostfuckers Disabled for reworking
    12. Lilith's Forbidden Midnight Breeding Rituals (to be reworked, possibly incorporated into DW societies)
  2. Most History File Changes Removed
  3. BROKEN ITEMS NOT FIXED BUT LEFT IN:
    1. Trap Family Events
    2. yiffic religion itself

To make things work, I am going to disable EVERYTHING, and then work on things 1 event chain (or decision chain) at a time.  Since "Wolf Mother?" was the most complete of anything, I shall start with it and then continue from there.  I may start uploading things as I have them working but right now I am going to take a break have a bit of "me time" and then see where I go from there.

55 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

To make things work, I am going to disable EVERYTHING, and then work on things 1 event chain (or decision chain) at a time.  Since "Wolf Mother?" was the most complete of anything, I shall start with it and then continue from there.  I may start uploading things as I have them working but right now I am going to take a break have a bit of "me time" and then see where I go from there.

I'm sad to hear that.

Is the state the mod is in due to the incompatibility with the vanilla's updated version of the game, or was it like this in previous versions too?

If I roll back my game to the previous version and play with 0.0.3.4 DP mod, would it have most of those issues you listed functioning?

3 hours ago, coocoodas said:

I'm sad to hear that.

Is the state the mod is in due to the incompatibility with the vanilla's updated version of the game, or was it like this in previous versions too?

If I roll back my game to the previous version and play with 0.0.3.4 DP mod, would it have most of those issues you listed functioning?

I have no idea what will and won't work for you if you do that. 

However, after a needed break and a nap, I have returned to the problem.  I hope to have better news this weekend.

12 hours ago, noxbestia said:

1. ITEMS TEMPORARILY DISBLED:
    1. Most BCE events disabled:
    2. infompatability with current version of CK2
    3. history changes corrupt and/or wrong
    4. many problems with yiffic events
    5. problems with bastards of christ events
    6. rewoking of yiffic religion
    7. adding new sexual religions
      1. yiffodox
      2. homoyiffite
      3. heteroyiffite
      4. yiffian (Nestorian heresy)
      5. yiffish (Jewish heresy)
      6. yiffi (muslim heresy)
      7. unnamed yiffy pagan religion
      8. unnamed yiffy zoroastrian religion
      9. unnamed yiffy eastern religion
    8. Bastards of Christ Events & Characters Disabled
    9. NoxDWT (Toska based) events disabled
    10. Amazon Events disabled for rewrite
    11. Ghostfuckers Disabled for reworking
    12. Lilith's Forbidden Midnight Breeding Rituals (to be reworked, possibly incorporated into DW societies)
  2. Most History File Changes Removed
  3. BROKEN ITEMS NOT FIXED BUT LEFT IN:
    1. Trap Family Events
    2. yiffic religion itself

Wait, what's the problem exactly? Are you getting a CTD midgame? Or during booting the game?

2 hours ago, ngppgn said:

Wait, what's the problem exactly? Are you getting a CTD midgame? Or during booting the game?

NDPA crashes on boot, but for now I have been concentrating on what parts of Darkest Perversions itself that I hadn't gutted too bad.  If you remember, I started NDPA (at least in part) because of some really strange bugs in Darkest Perversions.  When I did that, I had gutted chunks of Darkest Perversions and moved them to NDPA.

Last night, I was getting strange behaviour in selecting my game rules (I traced to my localisation CSVs not having the proper number of semicolons on every line and Validator wasn't flagging them all because many of the rules are new and not referenced in code yet).  I also did one of the worst things possible for me, which was go weeks without looking at my code from having been in the middle of working on it.  Some things were left in half done states with other code copy/pasted into strange places and some very cat-like typing.

Anyway, after clearing my head last night I switched approaches to tracing the problem and I am feeling much more confident about getting this working again in a timely manner.  Before I went to bed I had fixed the problem with the CSV and the new game rules, and I am quite happy with them.

RANT: Eunuch vs. Nullo

I may have gone off on this before, but one very frustrating thing with writing adult events for CK2 is that use of the trait eunuch.  This is mainly because the definition of a eunuch is variable!  In Game of Thrones, Lords Baelish and Varys were just two of several people who wondered about which eunuchs only had their "stones" removed verses which ones lots everything.  In storytelling the ambiguity is fine, but in writing game mechanics, one does need to know these things.  That is why I made the trait nox_penectomy.  However, not all CK2 adult modders agree on the definition of eunuch and some mods treat them as dickless while others don't.  I have since gone one step further and made a nox_castration trait, so for my own mods, there is no doubt.  But when dealing with the base game, let alone anyone else's mods, I don't have a single catch-all way of knowing.

I am aware that any eunuchs from China will definitely be fully nullo, as that was their way.  Byzantines eunuchs varied but, like ancient romans, were generally just castrated.  In most cases, harem slaves were also fully nullified, but I know that having ones penis chopped off was a common punishment in the arab world and among warring african tribes.  Perhaps it would be best if I consider the CK2 trait eunuch as fully nullo.  Anyone have an opinion on this?

EDIT: I just realized that with my more advanced pregnancy system, I can actually make "cuntbois" for CK2.  I only mention this because I know that they are a fetish for some (including one of my RL lovers), and they have even been added to TiTS despite Fenoxo not liking them.

It is no longer totally borked :smiley:

As of right now, it will load and start a game, but there are still a ton of errors in the game logs and the Validator.  What I currently have is probably more broken than what is already out there, but I am finally moving forward rather than backwards.

36 minutes ago, Fl0g said:

Eunuchs, historically, were usually castrated. Castration was far simpler surgery and had a much higher degree of survivabilty than a penectomy. As such a Eunuch shouldn't have a ball trait but should have a dick trait, IMO. 

Historically, that depended on where you were located.  As for castration being a simpler and safer surgery, there is no doubt of that, but safety wasn't always a concern.  There is an interesting little snippet on it here:  https://books.google.com/books?id=hqARDAAAQBAJ&lpg=PA84&ots=Ww1QbwaxBm&dq=roman penectomy&pg=PA84#v=onepage&q&f=false

:tongue:

On 1/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, Spoink said:

Is there a DP lore specific reason that catholics can engage in incest and have female priests, etc, or is it a side-effect of toska compatibility?

If I undo those changes for my own use will it break the mod in anyway or contradict other possible events?  (I'm not using toska's mod atm)

On 1/2/2018 at 8:13 PM, noxbestia said:

Toska Compatibility.  I copied his modified Catholicism and made 1 or 2 changes.  I should have removed them when I created the Yiffic church but I did not.  removing it should not beak anything, but I have not tested this to be sure.

After careful consideration, I have removed Toska's version of Catholicism from my mods.  Unless you are also running Tosk with my mod (which may or may not be compatible at the time of my next update), Yiffic will have to fit the bill for a Catholic heresy.  For those who don't like Yiffic, I have several other Abrahamic sexual heresies to choose from, all with ridiculous yiff-based names.  :tongue:

On 1/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, noxbestia said:

But back on topic, I'd like to recommend you avoid overriding base game files when they're not necessary to the mod. For example, your mod includes files to override every law, every government type, ever minor title, etc. It creates a lot of unnecessary conflicts with other mods when you do.

I _believe_ I have all of these removed now.  On the most part they were leftovers from currently disabled parts of my MOD, like the Amazons.  Most of the reasons they were in there are no longer valid with advancements in CK2's modding support.  I really should clean up my code more often and not wait until crashes and major errors for me to do it.  :tongue:

14 hours ago, noxbestia said:

After careful consideration, I have removed Toska's version of Catholicism from my mods.  Unless you are also running Tosk with my mod (which may or may not be compatible at the time of my next update), Yiffic will have to fit the bill for a Catholic heresy.  For those who don't like Yiffic, I have several other Abrahamic sexual heresies to choose from, all with ridiculous yiff-based names.  :tongue:

The version of the Catholic religion used by Toska appears to be the same one used by Christianity Mod, including the same file name.  I will remove this file from my MOD so that anyone using Toska or Christianity will be able to use the modified form of Catholic without any interference by my stuff.  :smile: