[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

If nothing more than the new unsafe_pregnancy changes, I knew that Darkest Perversions would be affected by 2.8.  I do not have an ETA for repairs at this time, but there will be an update of Darkest Perversions along with the first upload of NDPA when they are ready.  If you find anything else wonky, let me know, please.

16 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

If nothing more than the new unsafe_pregnancy changes, I knew that Darkest Perversions would be affected by 2.8.  I do not have an ETA for repairs at this time, but there will be an update of Darkest Perversions along with the first upload of NDPA when they are ready.  If you find anything else wonky, let me know, please.

no rush, ty for your hard work, love your mod

2 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Will they be building up on another or are they not related at all?

21 hours ago, Abominus said:

Will they be building up on another or are they not related at all?

NDPA will _eventually_ import/replace as much of the original Darkest Perversions as is mechanically possible.  On the next release, you will need both active to play Darkest Perversions, but NDPA can be played alone (minus whatever content still exists in Darkest Perversions only).  Anything that gets moved into NDPA will 1) no longer require Dark World and 2) will be compatible with more major mods like AGOT, CK2Plus, Warhammer, and so on.

Edited by noxbestia

Vanilla event LoR.20 is causing the Byzantine empire to shatter at the start of the game with this mod, as people have already reported. I really would like to use this mod now and this is the only apparent problem stopping me. Would anyone be able to teach me or provide us with a quick fix?

BTW I'm playing with HIP, but it also happened with vanilla.

This is what's happening:

Funny thing is this is triggered event but LoR.20 doesn't exist in on_action txt entries. I'm not familiar with modding but this is really weird.

# The Restoration of Rome
narrative_event = {
    id = LoR.20
    title = EVTNAMELoR.20
    desc = EVTDESCLoR.20

picture = GFX_evt_rome_restored_byzantine

is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
        if = {
            limit = {
                ai = no
            }
            set_character_flag = achievement_legacy_of_rome
        }
    }

option = {
        name = EVTOPTALoR.20
        hidden_tooltip = {
            primary_title = {
                any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title = {
                    de_jure_liege = e_roman_empire
                }
            }
        }
        e_roman_empire = {
            grant_title = ROOT
            make_primary_title = yes
            copy_title_laws = e_byzantium
            copy_title_history = e_byzantium
        }
        e_byzantium = {
            destroy_landed_title = THIS
        }
        hidden_tooltip = {
            activate_title = { title = e_byzantium status = no }
            any_playable_ruler = {
                limit = {
                    NOT = { has_landed_title = e_byzantium }
                    ai = no
                }
                narrative_event = { id = LoR.21 }
            }
        }
        add_trait = augustus
        give_nickname = nick_the_glorious
    }
}

I would. I already help debug a few mods around here.

But back on topic, I'd like to recommend you avoid overriding base game files when they're not necessary to the mod. For example, your mod includes files to override every law, every government type, ever minor title, etc. It creates a lot of unnecessary conflicts with other mods when you do.

If you want to edit particular sections of a file that actually need to be modified by your mod (e.g., one particular government, or one particular title), it's not necessary that your mod includes the file containing every government or every title from the base game. The game will instead intelligently try to merge and add whatever governments or titles are not included in your mod.

Also, a few others issues:

- You messed up setting the fertility for standard/average sized balls. You have "fertility = 1", which is +100% fertility above the norm (the same bonus as huge balls). Delete that line if you want average balls to not an impact on fertility

- The bonuses from larger balls are game breaking in terms of balance. DW mods already adds a lot of fertility mods to the game, boosting it far above the intended rate. But throwing in a +150% fertility bonus that characters are almost guaranteed to inherit? (Compare this to the +25% you get from having the biggest penis trait in DW). And a +80 sex appeal bonus to boot? (Which further stacks with other sexual traits).  

- The ghostfucker perk. Produces tons and tons of new character but... why? Is there any added benefit for the game that offsets the bloating and slowdown from the population explosion?

The holidays were quite overwhelming this year, both in my personal life and at work.  I am attempting to get back to work on this today, but I am in the office and dealing with the chaos of so many people being gone over the holidays.  So, unfortunately, I'm not sure how much I'll achieve.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:23 AM, coocoodas said:

Vanilla event LoR.20 is causing the Byzantine empire to shatter at the start of the game with this mod, as people have already reported. I really would like to use this mod now and this is the only apparent problem stopping me. Would anyone be able to teach me or provide us with a quick fix?

BTW I'm playing with HIP, but it also happened with vanilla.

This is what's happening:

Funny thing is this is triggered event but LoR.20 doesn't exist in on_action txt entries. I'm not familiar with modding but this is really weird.

Reveal hidden contents

# The Restoration of Rome
narrative_event = {
    id = LoR.20
    title = EVTNAMELoR.20
    desc = EVTDESCLoR.20

picture = GFX_evt_rome_restored_byzantine

is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
        if = {
            limit = {
                ai = no
            }
            set_character_flag = achievement_legacy_of_rome
        }
    }

option = {
        name = EVTOPTALoR.20
        hidden_tooltip = {
            primary_title = {
                any_direct_de_jure_vassal_title = {
                    de_jure_liege = e_roman_empire
                }
            }
        }
        e_roman_empire = {
            grant_title = ROOT
            make_primary_title = yes
            copy_title_laws = e_byzantium
            copy_title_history = e_byzantium
        }
        e_byzantium = {
            destroy_landed_title = THIS
        }
        hidden_tooltip = {
            activate_title = { title = e_byzantium status = no }
            any_playable_ruler = {
                limit = {
                    NOT = { has_landed_title = e_byzantium }
                    ai = no
                }
                narrative_event = { id = LoR.21 }
            }
        }
        add_trait = augustus
        give_nickname = nick_the_glorious
    }
}

Broken LoR.20 Hotfix:

The problem is in the file "events\NoxBCE_startup_events.txt".  Somewhere around line 154 you will find the code triggering the problem.  Comment it out for now and things should work (more or less).

51.1.1		=	{character_event = { id = NOXBCE.51   }} 	# spawn Mary & Jesus