Hello.

I'm having issues with rapetattoos. the tattoo register seem to be keeping track of deleted tattoo packs even when I reinstalled the mod. I'm also having trouble with getting it to apply a tattoo on my character.

Trying to apply a tattoo using the debug key doesn't work. An alert showed up saying tattoo being applied but no tattoo was applied

its not slavetats. I've tested it.

Also, has anyone ever tested the colour, gloss, and glow feature?

I'm on SE if that matters

OK

Nevermind. just another issue with time!

There's a button in Slavetats that adds or removes Tattoos. press it and the register will refress.

this is what I have.

image.png.485a16c915dd5bcd1099718b787808d1.png

none of them were converted to SE in anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 4:12 PM, The Sage Of the SIx Faps said:

i got rapetattoes to apply the tattoes fine and dandy but the tattoes wont remove themselves. I dont have fadetattoes is that the cause?

yes. u need fadetattoos.

your question basically answered itself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, cerebus300 said:

So, has anyone managed to solve the SSE refusal to save tattoo selection issue? I've tried everything in this forum and nothing works. Everything else with SlaveTats, Fade Tattoos, and Rape Tattoos seems to work.

- I have tried the most recent version of StaveTats and now have 1.3 beta installed as people said to try that

- 1.4 of rTats

- the menus show up in all of the programs and I can select the tattoos and group them, but they don't save.

- SlaveTats works as it should with every other program (SLUTS, tears and drooling, Spank That Ass)

Aaaaargh! I've been trying to figure this one out for weeks and nothing works. I just need to get the program to save the tattoo selections. Rape Tattoos gives the notification in game that someone is trying to apply a tat but says that there are no valid ones available. 

Had this problem on SE today. The solution for me was extracting rTatsSettingsTemplate.json from the Rape Tattoo archive, renaming it to settings.json and then using it to replace the existing settings.json file in MyGames/Skyrim Special Edition/JCUser/rTats/ .

Apparently I haven't used this mod in SE for a long time. My pre-existing 2017 settings.json had a different internal data format which Rape Tattoos could apparently read but not write.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this issue in Slavetats (link to post), but I wondered if anyone else had the issue that since the Slavetats upgrade tattoos are not being applied properly via Rape Tattoos. They only get applied with the debug option. I'm on SE.

Original post w/o the papyrus info:

"Ever since I upgraded (I'm on SE) Slavetats from v1.3.5.2 v1.3.0 to v. 1.3.6, the tattoos aren't showing when Rape Tattoos fires. I get the message from RT that a tattoo was added, then I get the message that Slavetats is done, but there is no actual tattoo.

I can add a tattoo via Rape Tattoo debug. Not tracked by Fade Tattoos until I manually select it.

I can add a tattoo directly in SlaveTats.

I saved, quit, and reloaded game. This time even the RT debug didn't work. Somehow, my rtats settings.json was completly overwritten and turned into a blank file. The MCM showed all the tats, but they all showed as excluded.

I am posting the issue here because I've used Rape Tattoos on other games and didn't have a problem until I upgraded Slavetats. That said, I am also posting there and linking to this post."

Luckily, I had a backup copy of my settings.json file when the one in My Games.... was blanked out.

Back to Slavetats 1.3.0

Edited by Seeker999
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is there an option to edit the list of eligible overlays not in runtime? Like editing a text file?

Ive used this one as lightweight substitute for apropos 2 overlays, wich worked just fine. Unfortunately, after adding an AIO slavetat pack and registering them in ST, some started popping up. Wich was an unfortunate surprise, since i intentionally set up RT before adding a ton overlays to keep it manageable. I do see a reason why some packs are enabled by default, allows to dodge "Mod doesnt work" comments. But well, MCM loading with that many overlays take approximately forever.

So, assuming MCM is for any practical purpose non functional, how would one go about editing the list of applied overlays?

7 hours ago, nilead said:

Is there an option to edit the list of eligible overlays not in runtime? Like editing a text file?

The mod adds a JSON file to your documents folder - %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\JCUser\rTats\settings.json

Somewhat counter-intuitive, since most mods keep their external configs in the Data\SKSE\Plugins folder.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, the more tats, the more time it takes to load. Once you've categorized all the tattoos, make a copy of the settings.json for future reference. That way if something happens, you don't have to reset all those tattoos again. If you decide to reassign the categories, you can do that easily enough in notepad++.

• 4 weeks later...

every time I change a tat to unassigned it changes back to excluded, and I don't know what to do to fix it. any help would be great. I use LE

I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, used an older version... It just won't work. 

Edited by CianiF
additional info
12 minutes ago, chris.90 said:

When ever a tattoo expires or is removed manually via fade tattoo, the character gets blue skin. Can someone help me fix this?

My guess is you have an overlay with missing texture.

Check in Racemenu what overlays are applied (slots) and remove them one by one until you found the defect overlay.

This can happen if you removed a mod that applied the overlay to a slot or if you miss overlay textures of applied overlays.

Edited by donttouchmethere
7 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

My guess is you have an overlay with missing texture.

Check in Racemenu what overlays are applied (slots) and remove them one by one until you found the defect overlay.

This can happen if you removed a mod that applied the overlay to a slot or if you miss overlay textures of applied overlays.

Your guess is correct, however I'm still not close to fixing it.  When ever a tattoo is removed/expires the body paint texture is replaced with blank which causes the blue skin. When I change the blank texture to "Default" the skin goes back to normal. I want to know how to not have this blank body paint texture applied when a tattoo expires. ScreenShot2.png.dd219c184e40bde502a4de90ec4b5df3.png

15 minutes ago, chris.90 said:

Your guess is correct, however I'm still not close to fixing it.  When ever a tattoo is removed/expires the body paint texture is replaced with blank which causes the blue skin. When I change the blank texture to "Default" the skin goes back to normal. I want to know how to not have this blank body paint texture applied when a tattoo expires.

Fade tats itself doesn't add a new tattoo after the one it tracks expires. It would be interesting what other mods you have that could add overlays.

What was the name of the overlay you had to remove? Does that happen with all overlays that get removed by fade tattoos?

Important to know is that rape tats (or other mods) add the overlay, while fade tats only tracks how long it takes until they should get removed again.

Another guess of mine is that you only have a limited number of overlay slots set in nioverride.ini. Means as soon fade tats removes a tattoo a slot gets free and another mod reapplies its overlay, but that one might be broken.

Atm it looks like you have only 6 slots activated in nioverride.ini, that's a rather low number, even slave tats can use up to 12. You could rise the overlay slots to 15 or higher and see how that goes.

Some mods also reserve slots or add overlays above slot 12 (because they want to free slave tat slots).

In short: rise the number of overlay slots to 15 in nioverride.ini and check how that goes.

addendum I:

There might be another issue. Check what tattoo packs are registered in rape tats. If you removed packs you might need to renew rape tats tattoo detection?

Means maybe a removed tats pack is still registered in rape tats

addendum II:

If you use a racemenu preset you created while mods are already applying overlay effects, those reserved slots would be saved into your preset too. But with the mod removed that adds the overlays you would also get a missing texture. (basically the overlay adding mod would become a requirement for your preset)

addendum III:

if you removed a mod that adds effect overlays via script that script might be baked into your save game. If you remove mods also clean your save with fallrim tools (resaver).

54 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Fade tats itself doesn't add a new tattoo after the one it tracks expires. It would be interesting what other mods you have that could add overlays.

What was the name of the overlay you had to remove? Does that happen with all overlays that get removed by fade tattoos?

Important to know is that rape tats (or other mods) add the overlay, while fade tats only tracks how long it takes until they should get removed again.

Another guess of mine is that you only have a limited number of overlay slots set in nioverride.ini. Means as soon fade tats removes a tattoo a slot gets free and another mod reapplies its overlay, but that one might be broken.

Atm it looks like you have only 6 slots activated in nioverride.ini, that's a rather low number, even slave tats can use up to 12. You could rise the overlay slots to 15 or higher and see how that goes.

Some mods also reserve slots or add overlays above slot 12 (because they want to free slave tat slots).

In short: rise the number of overlay slots to 15 in nioverride.ini and check how that goes.

I increased the overlays to 15 but it doesn't have any effect. So overlays basically go like this:

Tattoo applied overlay name changes to "slut" from "default" no appearance issues rn ---> tattoo expires overlay name changes from "slut" to "blank" as you see in the scrn shot, this is accompanied by blue body that I was talking about----> I manually change "blank" overlay to "default" again everything works fine

20 minutes ago, chris.90 said:

I increased the overlays to 15 but it doesn't have any effect. So overlays basically go like this:

Tattoo applied overlay name changes to "slut" from "default" no appearance issues rn ---> tattoo expires overlay name changes from "slut" to "blank" as you see in the scrn shot, this is accompanied by blue body that I was talking about----> I manually change "blank" overlay to "default" again everything works fine

Oddly odd, it's like blank/default is messed up?

You're on Skyrim LE right?

If a tattoo gets applied does it also show up in the slave tats menu?

Those are the requirements that have to be correct (newest versions available):

> Slave tats

> RaceMenu (includes Nioverride, don't install it extra)

> Jcontainers

> SkyUI

> SKSE

I wonder why "blank" causes a missing texture ?

22 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Oddly odd, it's like blank/default is messed up?

You're on Skyrim LE right?

If a tattoo gets applied does it also show up in the slave tats menu?

Those are the requirements that have to be correct (newest versions available):

> Slave tats

> RaceMenu (includes Nioverride, don't install it extra)

> Jcontainers

> SkyUI

> SKSE

I wonder why "blank" causes a missing texture ?

I'm on se.

I think the "blank" overlay is messed up or the overlay should auto go back to "default" once tattoo expires. Not sure how to make it do so 

And yea i have all the requirements installed

Edited by chris.90
On 5/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, Seeker999 said:

I posted this issue in Slavetats (link to post), but I wondered if anyone else had the issue that since the Slavetats upgrade tattoos are not being applied properly via Rape Tattoos. They only get applied with the debug option. I'm on SE.

Original post w/o the papyrus info:

"Ever since I upgraded (I'm on SE) Slavetats from v1.3.5.2 v1.3.0 to v. 1.3.6, the tattoos aren't showing when Rape Tattoos fires. I get the message from RT that a tattoo was added, then I get the message that Slavetats is done, but there is no actual tattoo.

I can add a tattoo via Rape Tattoo debug. Not tracked by Fade Tattoos until I manually select it.

I can add a tattoo directly in SlaveTats.

I saved, quit, and reloaded game. This time even the RT debug didn't work. Somehow, my rtats settings.json was completly overwritten and turned into a blank file. The MCM showed all the tats, but they all showed as excluded.

I am posting the issue here because I've used Rape Tattoos on other games and didn't have a problem until I upgraded Slavetats. That said, I am also posting there and linking to this post."

Luckily, I had a backup copy of my settings.json file when the one in My Games.... was blanked out.

Back to Slavetats 1.3.0

Also having this issue and posted in Slave Tats. The thing is, ST 1.3.0 never really worked for me. I distinctly remember RapeTats working with 1.3.5. Can't be certain what if anything changed between when it worked and when it decided not to. RT will fire, I'll see the new tat for maybe a couple seconds, then it disappears. 

PS. I'm also on a very old save and it could simply be an issue with... 250 hours on a single character. I didn't realize it was that long.

Edited by Papersword