3 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Did you open Slavetats in the MCM and click the button to add/remove tattoos?

My hero. I did not realise to try that button. I thought since some were automatically registered, the rest would too. It was just that simple. 43 pages just popped up.

I'm having an issue where no tattoo is being applied after an event. Or it's applied but immediately disappears. Slave Tats shows all the tattoos I have installed, I have FadeTattoos installed, the tattoos are all registered and assigned in RapeTattoos. If I turn on debug and test apply a tattoo, that works, but it's not working after an event. Maybe I don't have the "permanent" and "locked" settings correct? What are the correct settings if I want tattoos to fade out over the duration I have selected?

On 12/13/2022 at 6:08 PM, tookachinchilla said:

I'm having an issue where no tattoo is being applied after an event. Or it's applied but immediately disappears. Slave Tats shows all the tattoos I have installed, I have FadeTattoos installed, the tattoos are all registered and assigned in RapeTattoos. If I turn on debug and test apply a tattoo, that works, but it's not working after an event. Maybe I don't have the "permanent" and "locked" settings correct? What are the correct settings if I want tattoos to fade out over the duration I have selected?

What is the duration you set to it? Although i don't think this is your issue, even setting it to 1 means it stays for 1 ingame hour. You might want some value above 100 there.

Permanent and locked are not necessary.

Be sure the event was an agressive one, because the MCM setting "Only when victim" means it won't trigger on more consensual events.

Base chance is multiplier for example 0.15 is 15%. If chance increase is 0.1 then after it doesn't trigger once, that 15% becomes 15+10=25% for the next event, until when it happens it resets back to 15%.

Oh there was also a matter of your max allowed amount of body textures, i think it was SKSE config? I've probably set it somewhere 20-30?

Edited by Zaflis

I've tested it with the base chance to 100% and "only when victim" off so that it will always happen on any event. Duration is set to 72 hours. I have number of overlays set in SKSE to 15 for body, 6 for face, and 3 for hands (and feet). I even made sure the rTats Settings file and Tramp Stamps folder and .json file all have exactly the same and same number of tattoos.

A second or so after the event is done, a tattoo will appear, and then blink right back out.

It's very frustrating because it was working previously, and now I can't get it to work.

On 12/14/2022 at 1:24 PM, tookachinchilla said:

I've tested it with the base chance to 100% and "only when victim" off so that it will always happen on any event. Duration is set to 72 hours. I have number of overlays set in SKSE to 15 for body, 6 for face, and 3 for hands (and feet). I even made sure the rTats Settings file and Tramp Stamps folder and .json file all have exactly the same and same number of tattoos.

A second or so after the event is done, a tattoo will appear, and then blink right back out.

It's very frustrating because it was working previously, and now I can't get it to work.

I'm having this exact same issue on a new installation. The debug spell works, but every time the message appears after an animation, the tattoo is gone so fast that I haven't even been able to find it before it disappears.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, TU106-400A-A1 said:

Finally I've managed to fix issue with tattoos not registering in Rape Tattoos MCM at all. It's a problem when u have Rape Tattoos MCM working , but you dont have any tattoo pages and when tattoo should be applied u receiving message "No valid tattoos available" or something like that.

It looks like a little incompatibility between this mod and Mod Organizer 2 (maybe I just should check some setting in MO2 to make it work but idk). People who using Vortex have their mods files deployed into the SSE or LE directly, but this way of mod organizing is so memory consumable because u will have mods in mods stagging folder and copies of this mods in your game directory which will x2 files weight. That's why I changed to MO2. MO2 not creating any copies. Instead MO2 managing ur mods inside it's own directory leaving your base game folder clean and saving a lot of memory.

So, I suggesting, this way which is used by MO2 to organize mods keep files in it's own mods directory. And as I see it this mod written to have some scripts inside base game directory data folder. Maybe some scripts refer to files inside Data folder like "write tattoos list inside steam/steamapps/common/SkyrimSpecialEdition/Data. And obviously if youre using MO2 your scripts isnt there. 

The way around this is to place scripts inside your Data folder and add into MO2 only .esp file. And that's how I make it work on my system, I just put everything into Data folder, and added in MO2 RapeTattoos mod which contains only .esp. And now it's working. 

Skyrim AE 1.6.353, Slave Tats 1.3.9.

Hope this will help someone.

(Some key words to make sure that people can find this post with Google: Rape Tattoos problem, Rape Tattos doesnt work, RapeTattoos bug, RapeTattoos no valid tattoos)

Dude thank you so much bro work like a charm now dude thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, tookachinchilla said:

I'm having an issue where no tattoo is being applied after an event. Or it's applied but immediately disappears.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, arthurradley said:

I'm having this exact same issue on a new installation. The debug spell works, but every time the message appears after an animation, the tattoo is gone so fast that I haven't even been able to find it before it disappears.

I started to have this problem. However, when I went into the MCM and I changed my setting to be notified about receiving tattoos, the tattoos started to stay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, Kruggar said:

MCM is loading for me, slavetats also registered, but for some reason I'm not able to click on anything in MCM. Can't change settings or click on any rapetats settings.

I'm on skyrim AE 1.6.535, with latest versions of slavetats and fadetats

Did you try waiting

On 3/17/2023 at 7:17 PM, Kruggar said:

MCM is loading for me, slavetats also registered, but for some reason I'm not able to click on anything in MCM. Can't change settings or click on any rapetats settings.

I'm on skyrim AE 1.6.535, with latest versions of slavetats and fadetats

Just wait, if you have big tattoo packs installed it can take a long time. I have some really big ones installed and mine takes like 5 minutes to load the 30+ mcm pages in the rape tats mcm. Maybe its even longer never measured the time, but you get the idea. Just watch a video or something while waiting.

Yeah, can't adjust the settings until all the tattoo pages load up in the MCM. The Settings tab showed up pretty quickly in the MCM, but it takes a while for all the other pages to show up. Probably because they change based on the tattoo pack you add or remove, not the same from one game to the next.

14 hours ago, nuniko said:

is there a mod that allows you to wash off the tattoos?

As mentioned above it will eventually fade away with fadetats, but also tweaked bathing in skyrim from here https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6942-monomans-mod-tweaks/ will wash up fade tats quicker, this creates fun interactions with this + Sexual fame where you can set specific tattoo types causing specific fame to rise so if you wanna stop that you wanna wash it off.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Desiree42 said:

I'm using it for sse but keep getting a no valid tats message

Is SlaveTats installed? I know, basic question but ...

In the SlaveTats MCM did you click the button that registers tattoos after adding or removing them?

The tattoos you installed, do you know if they were converted for SSE? If not, or you don't know, just run them through a tool (I use Cathedral Assets Optimizer) to convert the textures for SSE.

48 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Is SlaveTats installed? I know, basic question but ...

In the SlaveTats MCM did you click the button that registers tattoos after adding or removing them?

The tattoos you installed, do you know if they were converted for SSE? If not, or you don't know, just run them through a tool (I use Cathedral Assets Optimizer) to convert the textures for SSE.

Definitely have slavetats, and they should be converted to sse. I'm using the new AIO mod, though have some individual ones that don't appear either

For people who have trouble with the "excluded" issue, I had it myself and fixed it.

I messed around with new tattoo packs and deleted some old ones, and when I went back into the game they were all showing up as excluded and wouldn't get assigned. It took half a day of messing around but I managed to fix it.

I have no idea what the exact solution is but here is what I did and didn't do:

I did NOT touch at all the slave tats, rape tats or fade tats mods. (no deleted, reinstalling, updating etc.)

I uninstalled most tattoo packs so that the menu would load faster during debugging

I deleted the rtats folder in my documents -> my games -> skyrim special edition -> jcuser

I uninstalled and reinstalled the tramp stamp patch

In game I went on the slave tats menu and clicked on add/remove tattoos

From that point on the rape tats menu would show the tattoos as properly assigned

Reinstalled the tattoos

Downloaded the rtatssettingtemplate from tramp stamps and zaki tattoo

Copy pasted the content into rtatssettingtemplace in steamapps -> common -> skyrim special edition -> data

Redelleted the rtats folder in my documents -> my games -> skyrim special edition -> jcuser (it had been regenerated)

Back in the game -> everything working perfectly.

FYI I'm using slavetats 1.3.9 (some comments were saying it was the issue, it's definitely not)

Everything installed with NMM (nexus mod manager)

Good luck to you too!

RapeTats_TrampStampsPatch.7z

Edited by coolbones
On 4/18/2019 at 4:04 AM, xj47 said:

Sounds like it is a problem with the settings not being saved. The settings get loaded from disk, so if your changes don't get saved they aren't being used.
You could try editing the settings file manually. The file is settings.json and for me is located at: C:\Users\<accountName>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\JCUser\rTats
You can edit it with a plain-text editor such as Notepad, the format is very readable.

To cover a few possible scenarios:
1. The folder or file doesn't exist
Create the folder (if necessary) then go into your steam skyrim data folder (for me it's: I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data), copy "rTatsSettingsTemplate.json" over and rename it to settings.json

2. None of the tattoos you use show up in the settings.json file
Let me know which tattoo packs you have installed

3. You've changed the file but still get the same error message
Please send me the settings.json file so I can take a look

Like others on here I, too, now find myself with the same error message about no valid tattoos found. I suspect, after some reading here, that I may have exceeded the maximum as they worked fine not so long ago. I tried to use the E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\NiOverride to adjust the amount however it says it is managed by Vortex so I don't have any file to edit. Any suggestions short of removing tattoos until they save?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an issue which I think is happening in RapeTats (as opposed to SlaveTats itself).  After a rape event, I notice in the console a spam of lines all saying that the slavetats json files are missing a ']' at the end. But I've run the files through a json validator and they're fine, so is rapetats doing something funny when it tries to read them?  The mod works, but I don't know if it is using the full range of tats I have installed or if it can't read some of the json files for some reason.